All Comments on 'The Taming Of The Shrews'

by rpsuch

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Sex is better than violence

Too much violence,and no sex.Violence is very vulgal,and not at all interesting in Loving Wife Stories.Reminds me somewhat of "whose afraid of Virginia Wholfe",but not at all as powerful,or interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Loved it

If I had a dollar for every couple I knew who were exactly like this I'd be a millionaire.

Dr. Suzanne Sommers, LMAO.

This was very well written and a good read.

Tnanx

CW

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good!

I agree, well written. And why does everybody assumes that "Loving Wifes" means wifes/girlfriends who are unfaithful? I interpret it differently ;)

BallzacBallzacover 19 years ago
Interesting!

A different and interesting story that lends a refreshing change of pace to the Loving Wives catagory. Well written, well thought out--I enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Meet the Bickersons

What a delightful story. It's obvious that after so many years this "game" between them serves them both. The husband is receiving some benefit from this exercise, otherwise he would have ended the relationship years ago.

So I find his distaste for the "game" disingenuous. He's as much dependent on this as a means of communication as his wife.

Having said that, it's no surprise that he truly does love this woman. He's willing to sacrifice his life to protect hers; such is an obligation of husbands and parents.

It's good to see that she both recognizes and reciprocates his love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Good story!

Sad thing is I know couples like this! I always speak about it with my wife after a visit and still ask what is their deal?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I'm glad they settled it

A good take on problems of control. I am glad you settled it positively.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great

I happened to re-read your stories recently and hoped you would write some more soon.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Funny and apt

Years ago, I would have regarded the premise as silly fun, but experience has taught me that it takes only a little misunderstanding to start a pattern of dispute, and then it could go to such extremes. What makes this a great story is that the couple breaks through the useless and destructive habitual thought patterns to find each other again, and delightfully, with Shakespeare.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Kudos

Nobody in this site can write "real" characters like you do. I can recognize these "events" as something I have done at different periods of my life to the point as having similar words. You are a treasure on this site. I admire greatly your command of language, the way you play with words is witty and intelligent. Oh, how I love reading your stories, can we have another one, please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

It's rare to find a Loving Wives story where the wife isn't a "slut" or the man a "wimp". Good story and it looks like they learned an important lesson.

rdd1953rdd1953about 13 years ago
ex wife

i didn't know my ex-wife had remarried

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Growth is good

Sounds like it took way too long for them but it was good to see them grow up enough to actual be a partnership heh

Another very nicely done story

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
I would have snickered and left her there.

After putting up with that bitch for over 20 years he deserved the last win.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ALL THE VOWS ARE GOOD AND FOR A REASON

MAYBE KATE FIGURED IT OUT AT LAST. TK U MLJ LV NV

holydemon00holydemon00over 12 years ago
when people have too much ego

they lose their dignity

at least they gain it back before it's too late.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Liked it!

A simple and humorous story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fun story

Unfortunately, these two should probably not have married until they GREW UP!

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
These people are adults, too bad they could not act like it.

I am afraid they are typical of a few couples now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
they are both to immature

2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
petruchio

Here I thought he was wooden guy with nose

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good one!

But he still should throw her out and divorce her. She's just high from the adrenaline of two men fighting over her. She'll be back to her normal bitchiness by the time they get home from the hospital. A divorce is his answer.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
Being contraire just to be contraire has its risks...

Was in a car accident once just because someone TOLD me to slow down... And having been told it, I didn't do it... In spite of having intended to do it anyway - at least prior to being told to.

They played chicken until they both realized they were going to crash... At that point, the "fun" in winning wasn't.

Interesting story...

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Funny Like A Heart Attack

I know you wrote this with tongue firmly planted in cheek, but the sad reality is that this kind of one-up arguing about nothing goes on all the time -- and all too often leads to cheating (or violence) and divorce. At least there were no kids to get maimed and scarred for life in this train wreck of a marriage.

Well told and wrapped up appropriately. Five * of course!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

The story of two married kindergarten kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
two brainless morons

I guess in a weird way they deserve to be together, at least not to ruin any other people's lives.

Funny, but not good to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
crap

This story is a big pile of ... u see it above

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Ummm... guys? And girls too.

This relationship describes mine. Fight over the tinest things (though not tiny at that immediate moment, just afterwards). Still love each other. I’m not a brown belt. And I’m just not smart as what’s his name above. I cant be introspective at the moment, it’s just “win this fight.”

So don’t think relationships just like it don’t exist. And it may seem juvenile, but it is what it is.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Story tags for this story are lame.

Completely useless. white rice? duke? half dozen?

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 5 years ago
All too real for some...

A "funny" story, written with a very dry sense of humor. Fantastic, I loved it. For some though, this scenario is all too real. The constant bickering, slights, and ad hominem attacks accrue over time until a vanishing point for their marriage is achieved, even though they may both regret it. Pride is a dangerous thing when you give it control.

Thankfully, they were awakened and jolted from their destructive path by a shocking event. Perhaps now they can behave like lovers. Good story. Well done, Rpsuch. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This type of fighting is

frequently a proxy for what the REAL disagreement is about. There's something potentially relationship altering, but one or both parties are afraid to go there, resulting in constant spats about anything and everything except what really matters. Hopefully this couple can go back to communicating and compromising.

Nicely done story

*****

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Strange

Strange, but interesting story. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Shakespeare must be......

....chuckling as he reads yet another story inspired by one of his most popular works. I very much enjoyed this and gave it five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The three stages of marital sex

1 House Sex. Newlyweds and young lovers, having sex all over the house

2 Bedroom Sex. Established couple, maybe with kids, having sex on a semi schedule in the bedroom with the door closed.

This pair zipped right through 1 and 2 to the third stage.

3 Hallway Sex. Older couple, empty nesters, roommates who share a bed, shouting Fuck You at each other as they pass in the hall.

Sad that so many relationships devolve to the point that this isn't really a joke.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not just "No"

But "HELL NO!" The bitch nearly gets him killed to prove her point or win an arguement that a 5 year old wouldn't be having. Go to the hospital, go home, move out and get a divorce before she DOES kill you. A decent story completely ruined by the ridiculous ending.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Toxic Relationship

I hate to make things look like Revenge of the Anons, but I agree with the comment of the Anonymous poster of 04/08/20. This couple is toxic and they should split up, admitting that they just bring out the worst in one another.

Any apparent improvements will be temporary. Their personalities aren't about to permanently change.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Short And fun!

A fun story, thanks!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

I liked it. Short and creative. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I just love to see a big tough guy get his but kicked. I have done it twice but I've seen my brother do it several times. I a couple that it seemed that the wife would flirt with some big guy and the husband would get upset get involved and before you knew it there was a fight. I never seen or heard of that little guy losing a fight.

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

Two adults acting like six year olds. Fight scene was unrealistic. These “adults” are they way young people are today and it’s the reason they are so screwed up.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

You write really great dialogue. Some of the best in this section, imo.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Different,well written, will read more by this author 4*

Chimo1961Chimo19616 months ago

Any cunt who would put her husband in that situation needs to be single. I matter what he said. Her need to be dominant speaks to an femi-nazi agenda. Kick the whore out before she gets you killed

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well this was deliciously dumb. Takes nearly getting raped and him getting killed before they stop behaving like 10-year-olds and actually embrace being married like adults. I like how "or mental illness" was mentioned a few times; surprisingly accurate I would say.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous