All Comments on 'The Texoma Deluge'

by Mainefiddleheads

Sort by:
  • 138 Comments
CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Wow !

MFH , that was pretty powerful literature you just made .

I know that I have this silly compulsion to compare things in my mind , and this story reads like Rehnquist has come back to Lit. I mean that as the highest flattery I can offer in this genre. It was something special !

I guess you found a way to incorporate just about all of the different subsets that battle in these ongoing LW wars in one happy story.

You had the cuckhold ( although in a reasonable non-flaming way ) phase.

There wasn't a real BTB element , but those folks shouldn't find too much to bitch and moan about here. ( I guess I'm in that clan , although not to the exclusion of reason).

RAAC , well , same family is pretty close I guess.

Hell , even had a swinger scene ( just not amongst married folks ) so the Anti-Moral crowd can't bitch very loudly.

So , turn around MFH while I reach threw this monitor and give you a virtual , well deserved , pat on the back.

Be very careful with this Powerful JUJU you have crafted , folks will grow to expect it every time out . Lol.

5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
ANOTHER excellent story line, realistic for the majority and bases all covered!

Well written, enjoyable to read while pretty easy to maintain the "score card" in my head.

BRAVO!!!

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 7 years ago
Brilliant!

I always look forward to a new story popping up in the queue and I'm never disappointed.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

dam good story.

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another winner from MFH

You are a great storyteller with a genuine talent as a writer. Thank you for this and all of your captivating stories.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Not My Favorite, But STILL Five Stars!

As usual I’m writing these as I go, so some comments may be over-taken by future events -

Maybe it’s me, but I really don’t need to know about how they met, dated, etc. unless something happened that foreshadowed later events, like she broke up with the guy she ends up cheating with just before she starts dating our hero, or she cheats while dating and he demonstrates zero tolerance. This one was blessedly short, and it DID serve to set up their travel issues.

If she’s on the road for two weeks she should definitely take a three-day weekend in the middle and shoot home.

SHE can’t get past his one-night stand, but if she decided to come back would have expected HIM to get past a six-month affair!

"So are you still doing that hot number that precipitated your divorce?" – That’s only technically true, yes, it was Tracy’s finding Susan’s panties that sparked her jealousy, but it was her affair with Charlie that really did the trick.

“She hasn't told him about our affair and probably won't” – If you’re going to maintain a friendship with them better to get it out in the open and make it clear that it’s over and that you’re happy for them, rather than having it pop up at the wrong time and causing problems.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

You are an excellent story teller and I look forward to seeing a new one. I have the nagging sense that I have read this story somewhere, but maybe it is just Texas and beautiful sisters that jogs my memory. Lord knows there are a lot of good looking women in Texas, although I have never been there in person to attest to that fact. I do have to admit that there was a certain relief that he did not end up with Winona, full sleeve tattoos on women are definitely not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Convoluted

confusing, hard to read. Not my thing, certainly nothing erotic here at all.

FreewheelFreewheelover 7 years ago
Good Read

I certainly enjoyed your story. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Sir when I first started reading you works a few of them I didn't care for. But I persevered and you have become one author I go to first when you post a story. Loved this stories background in my home state texas.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 7 years ago
Excellent.

Great story. I am sorry he couldn't work it out with his ex because it appears she was influenced by a bitch sister and new of his 'affair' and made a very poor decision.

I am so glad he didn't hook up with the tattooed tramp. That would have been too much.

You are a great storyteller and enjoy your stories.

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years ago
great story

5 *, no problem

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
A good story, a good read...No violence...

A good story, a good read...No violence...Just normal people that make mistakes and pay for them...But always trying to take their lives ahead, learning from those mistakes...4*

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Well, you seem . . . .

. . . to have many fans who flock to your stories when posted. I am pleased and proud to be one of them. I love your stuff - always well written with little twists and turns to keep me interested. Again, I want to thank you for your efforts - they are much appreciated. Needless to say, 5*. Your stories always bring a smile to my face and warmth in my heart.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Deluge story sputtered and stuttered with interchangeable drone-people

Mainefiddleheads tried to give the gray narrator some color with the Harley and recreational boat aquisitions but it never really took. I'm reminded of the Woody Allen film " Hannah and Her Sisters " , where the wife of narrator family holds center stage for the duration of the story much like this one.

The characters there POPPED into focus and the audience consciousness with their combined dysfunctions, humor and charm. I think the author should have given a fuller detailing into Susan's character and possibly Charles ( Tracey 's rogue lover ) . Shakespeare was never afraid to let the bad guys strut and talk smack before giving them a fitting comeupance.

I'm sounding very negative in this review sadly and don't want to. This author is DEFINITELY in the upper echelon of Loving Wives scribes. I appreciate that the narrator wasn't a paragon of perfection and Tracey wasn't a Jezabel about town. But their dialogues and exploits need to get an edge to get past the outline stage. The most vivid part of the story was Mainefiddleheads' description of Texas downpours .

The passion and fury that flows from the Lone Star clouds needed to be transfered to this story's puppet/ characters . I see the hard work however by the author and appreciate it. I wish MFH good luck as he expands his territories in both state setting ( from New England to Rio Grande ) . Let the hornets and wasps nettle the WASPS a bit more vividly please .

InsigniaInsigniaover 7 years ago
Rainy Days and Mondays

Well paced tale that sounds realistic and has normal, human characters. Appreciated that Dave passed on hiring the PI. From the intro it appeared Winona might have a bigger role. Her character is a big larger than life. Great job as always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Trying To Relate

I like Mainfiddleheads's stories generally. I don't relate to this one for only one reason: Everyone seemingly has sex with everyone. Am I the only person whose family members have never slept with each others' spouses?

Really, that's my only critique. It's not a moral thing particularly, more a "I have trouble relating" thing when I don't know people who sleep around with this many different people generally, even when unattached.

artykay63artykay63over 7 years ago
Getting better

Your writing has developed really well, i enjoyed the story and the prose. Only thing is your transitions are blurred, maybe a couple of ' xxx' type of indicators would help and I think you copied and pasted a section meaning to delete one of them.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Very well done

I'm very delighted with this story. It's what I've come to expect from you. I found it entertaining and it kept me reading. I went to a car show once at Loy Lake, near Sherman, and I loved the local flavor you gave the story. You do locations very well. Oh, no periods missing, but you needed a comma after Texas, in the first paragraph :-)

It's amusing that the "turds" leave you a nastygram, then complain that you delete the offensive remark because you "can't take the criticism." No, maybe authors just dislike tools insulting them. Mine know I'm going to delete them, so they've taken up anonymity, or leaving me the nastygram on a story by someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Patiently told story and you get a connection with the characters

Nice story. mfh, one thing you do very well is develop a sense of the characters.

The story is not rushed but unwinds, so the reader gets a sense of time and perspective.

Appreciate your work and thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
:)

Thoroughly enjoyed, felt real. Dave started the fall of their marriage with the tequila ONS, and sadly what followed is on him. Curious how the scores would be if the roles were reversed.

Tracy in her pain was led to her path by her sister. Interesting that Lucy was integral there, but was minimal after the fact. Tracy never mentioned her, nor did Dave except a small blurb at the end. That did not add up.

A lot of broken people here, added to the realism.

Good,one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Unorthodox

Some of your stories have the most convoluted, unorthodox mixtures of scenarios put to paper in LW. Some are easier to digest than others but they are all a bit stranger than almost all the rest of the stories.

They are quite interesting however, sometimes the outcome is a surprise. Nonetheless, keep on writing, I love your creativity. Ignore the jerk comments from those who don't appreciate a good story.

Carry on!

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You went back and forth sometimes and totally lost me. I even reread.

# 3 for trying but not your best work by far

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 7 years ago
So let's see if I understand Loving Wives more fully now...

If a woman comes back from a business trip and it's discovered that she had a drunken, one night fling with a man she'll never see again, I imagine the man is supposed to financially ruin her, out her as a whore, track down and kill the other man and then rape and/or kill the wife, as per all the 'consequences' stories everyone loves to defend on here.

A man goes out of town, has a drunken one night stand with a woman he'll never see again, and it's the wife's fault for not confronting him immediately and letting him explain it a way.

I have regularly seen authors and readers on here argue that once a wife cheats once, anything a man does after that is justified as she has nullified the marriage contract. So why did his cheating not do the same for her? And why was it her fault she wasn't strong enough to stop him from cheating when, once again, the authors and readers on this site are quick to jump on any implication a man might bear any responsibility for his wife's infidelity?

Oh wait, sorry, I'm not allowed to point out rampant misogyny on this site, as it makes the bitter old men uncomfortable. Sorry.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Something worth reading

It's a good day. MFH has posted a story. This one was nice. Well, actually, it was nasty, in a nice way. I read it all the way through without stopping, even though my EA tried to interrupt me twice. That tells you how into it I was.

Wonder who the hateful anonymous was?

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
No, FLC

You totally misunderstand LW. The thing is, she comes back from the "drunken one night stand," discovers that she liked it, her "sexual nature" is awakened, she discovers that she's a size queen and her husband decides he likes watching her while wearing a cock cage and a gimp hood, except with eye holes. Then she brings her lovers home so they can do her with BBC's while he get cleanup duty. That's your vision of LW, right?

In the immortal words of Luedon, "Why do people read stories they claim to hate and then leave nasty comments?" Isn't that what you complain about all the time, FLC?

@MFN. Please feel free to delete this. Couldn't resist.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Editor

I think you had a good story there but your transitions were awful. Please make sure you are talking about the right woman at the right time. Otherwise your plot and characters were interesting and different from the usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too long; too confusing

Effective, seamless transitions can build convenient, facilitating bridges for your readers. I don't care to keep cross-checking a scorecard in one hand and a cast of characters in the other when reading for recreation. Good effort, but I suggest you consolidate and simplify your next story.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 7 years ago

I like his other stories. This one was too rambling and disjointed, and as I said, blatantly hypocritical about infidelity in that special way only Loving Wives can be.

What I didn't do was unleash a torrent of anonymous abuse and threats and set out to flood the voting system with one star ratings because I didn't approve of the behavior of the characters, so I'm still quite a bit above your crowd.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
FLC is has a point, yet misses the boat on another one.

This story did not make his affair forgivable, and hers, unforgivable. He spoke with her and was considering working on the marriage, but she was in love with the dick head. He felt remorse and guilt, as he should. The wife was not just tossed to the curb.

Where FLC was correct, in my humble opinion, which has become increasingly separated from the norm, is the rambling in the story. The story of catching her cheating was told twice, or so it seemed. The story felt like it circled awhile before getting straightened out and headed for the end zone.

The other thing I noticed was a consistent lack of emotion from our hero, and pretty much everyone else. He loved and lost women all over the place and he, and the women, were always fine with it. The guy could fly a thousand miles and meet someone he knew in the first bar he entered. Maybe that would indicate that HE had the problem?

Do not think this means I did not enjoy the story. I did. It is well ahead of the average story. I am simply trying to politely point out how it might have been even better. Thanks so much for all of your effort for us readers.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@fronlinecaster

No, it's not the wife's fault for not confronting him right away.

It IS her fault for using that as an excuse to have a months long affair with a former boyfriend, lying about her trips to spend more time with the lover and less with he husband.

It IS her fault that despite his apparent willingness to try to get over her affair she decides to leave him for the boyfriend that she broke up with for cheating on her!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One Stylistic Quibble

When you shift scenes, you should skip an extra line. Too many times in this foray, I was following one conversation and then realized that the characters had changed and the conversation was different.

As a note, I think you handled Tracy very well; she is completely believable in her actions and reactions. The relationship with Torre could have used a bit more development.

The only plotting fault that I see is Lucy's attendance at the wedding. Her character would have made an excuse, or at least her attendance would have been on a sturdy leash held firmly by her father.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 7 years agoAuthor
transitions

I appreciate the constructive feedback. With regard to transitions I have been using '...' as the indicator. I could move to ***** or something else if that helps.

As for family members having sex with other spouses I should point out that dave was not married to Tracy when he began his relationship with Torre.

I dont think I had Dave flying 1000 miles to have sex with a stranger in any bar. Susan was not a stranger when he returned to Charleston and visited his neighborhood haunt.

Anyways thanks again for the feedback

MFH

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 7 years ago
except Frontlinecaster that is NOT what happened you stupid fucktard

the idiot known as Frontlinecaster wrote this "....If a woman comes back from a business trip and it's discovered that she had a drunken, one night fling with a man she'll never see again, I imagine the man is supposed to financially ruin her, out her as a whore, track down and kill the other man and then rape and/or kill the wife, as per all the 'consequences' stories everyone loves to defend on here.

A man goes out of town, has a drunken one night stand with a woman he'll never see again, and it's the wife's fault for not confronting him immediately and letting him explain it a way.'

PAY ATTENTION you fucking moron. The wife had a 6 month long affair NOT a drunken 1 night stand . So your politically correct estrogen laden hysteria is wrong.

now shut up asshole

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 7 years ago
This could've been one of the authors best stories

But it was very hard to follow at times. At certain points in the story the wife was talking than Susan then Torre...

The other thing I do NOT understand is HOW the other woman panties (Susan) got into his suitcase so that wife would find them. The story makes it very clear that the husband viewed the one time drunken 1 night stand as a serious mistake. And something he did not want to repeat and he did not want his wife to find out about.

So... how exactly would Susan's panties get into HIS suitcase? There Is no possible way that she could find them. Since the story / wife tries to use those panties as makes some sort of false equivalence between the one night stand vs a six month-long affair with an ex boyfriends, the panties thing is a KEY point. The lack of rational explanation seriously was the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Log Cabin

Was it Tennessee oak or Texas log? Mover

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
pregnant?

Of course if you miss a period you would be cranky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank You

Loved the story. please keep them coming.

slamdog1slamdog1over 7 years ago
Good story

I think most of the grammatical and plot problems have been pointed out. There was one poignant point brought out by the wife. He didn't come after her to fight for her. I've seen this in real life. She was his wife. He shouldn't have to fight for her. I would have kicked her to the curb as soon as she started the double minded BS. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Let me get this straight.

He marries a woman who fucks him on their first date, when all she really knows about him is what he has told her. She was previously engaged to be married, but he never thought it was important to discuss and explore what went wrong with her first relationship, and see what they both might learn from her experience. Her most influential sister treats him like dirt, calling him another guy's name, but he doesn't bother to determine why the sister does not like him, nor determine who "Charlie" is. They have a part-time relationship, before and after their marriage, often away from each other for several days. He gets drunk and cheats on his wife, but somehow never discusses these temptations with his wife, and never discusses her temptations and the pressures of loneliness and horniness. And while his wife goes from loyal and devoted to cheating and loving another man, he only notices vague uncertain changes in her behavior.

I've got it. The reason their marriage failed is because they didn't have a marriage. Sure, they did the ceremony and signed the paper, but you might as well say that a person who signs up for med school is now a doctor. It takes time, effort, and closeness to have a marriage, a lot of it. And they simply did not have the commitment to each other to make the marriage work. Marriage commitment trumps job, trumps family, trumps pride, ego, and selfishness. With the obstacles and hurdles they faced their marriage never had a chance.

We can only hope they both are smarter, wiser, and will be more committed to their future relationships.

A decent story about stupid naive lovers and the predictable consequences of being under equipped for the challenges of being married. Thanks for your time and effort.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 7 years ago
The story started off well

but I didn't particularly care for how it infolded. The main issue is that it was hard to feel any sympathy or concern for Dave. His marriage ended, yes, but after that he 3 hot women, (4 if you include his ex) lusting after him.

SirCarlSirCarlover 7 years ago
Very well done.

Wonderfully thought out, written, and presented.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
Good Story

Hope they can push out a couple more rug rats to keep them busy. HIV had a good comment about the plot - wonder if Susan did that on purpose. Five stars.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Harryin VA Re: Panties

They were in his room. Maybe the panties just got mixed up in a pile of dirty clothes that he stuffed into his suitcase without looking?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Mainefiddleheads Re: Transitions

I had to go back and look, but I see what you mean about the "..." transitions, but I have a couple of thoughts there:

First, asterisks would be better, and more than three, and better on a separate line.

The first time was right in the middle of a paragraph:

"Of course having her rub my attentive member through my trousers didn't hurt her cause any. She fucked me into compliance and life continued on... Being on the road as much as the both of us were has a lot of drawbacks,"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You sure can write a good story

My take ,too many intangelments , he blows so many great women away. Winds up with the sister and two rug rats ,has to deal with the ex husband. Another heater who lives close by. The Tracy story is so screwed up ,he sleeps with his employee. Regrets it. Winds up he has her undies in his bag , wife hooks up with a loser. Never had his own kids. Just a wild story. This guy was a real Romero women just loved him. Why can't were that lucky. Ha ha.

gordo12gordo12over 7 years ago
Good story

I had to labour through a couple of sections while it seemed to repeat needlessly or the thread was lost...or I lost the thread. I'm not quite sure which!

Overall a 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well Done

I lean toward the BTB side of the aisle, but this was exceptional. I've read all of your stuff and you have improved to an elite level in this category. Your name belongs among the best in LW. Well done.

Wang4Wang4over 7 years ago
One of Your Best

Characters were well developed and sort of sad in how they tried to overcome things in a deteriorating relationship

Storyline had moments of sadness but also happiness. You know what?? Real life is like that. Speaking for myself, I am a realistic optimist. When things aren't going well I plan for things to get better. It just may not get better today or even tomorrow

Keep sharing your stories please

Ed

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 7 years ago
Well done.

I also lean towards BTB, but this was real good. I enjoyed it.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 7 years ago
Thank you

Another very well done story. You continue to improve with each effort. Thank you for continuing to share your tales with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too Many Stories in One

The problem I have with this author, is he jams several stories into one. The aftermath of the wife's affair, seems to be just a vehicle to launch a longer story about the main character's life afterwards. I'm not sure LW is the right category for this story.

GoodhueGoodhueover 7 years ago
Was Rooting For Torre!

Very nice story in which the characters had defined personalities that played with my emotions. Thought for awhile that Susan would be the one,and if the story only went 3 pages,she probably would have been. Really liked the final result with Torre being the one. Her love for Dave was evident when she joined the biker chick in drunken sex with Dave by liking his rod.

The early part of this story just reaffirmed in my mind the fact that a romance involving 2 people constantly on the road for their jobs never turns out well. Too many chances for cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Some small corrections from a Texan and a Shermanite.

Ive lived in Texas most of my life and several years in Sherman. Just a quick heads up...no one in Texas would say " state police". We don't have any state police... Just the Highway Patrol, which some folks call the 'HiPo'. Also I assume your character used the term " Rte 75" because it was his normal way to refer to a highway. That highway is part of the interstate highway system and therefore is called I-75 (Eye 75) or just 75. I thought the word for word repetition of the bar scene was not needed. Another small note about geography. Sherman is about 70 miles from Dallas so it isn't a suburb. Overall, I liked the story. The sex flowed a little too freely but it was also realistic and the general plot is believable. Nice work.

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Fucked Up People, Fucked Up Lives

There is no reason to get married if you are not going to have kids. It is that simple. There is even less reason to marry if you are not going to have a stable home life instead of traveling separately much of the time. So, is it a big surprise that a marriage like this would fail? As far as the oft used, "I love you" line is concerned, does anyone know what the word love means? To break it down, to love is a verb, it is the act of caring about the well being of another person. Many marriages contain love to one degree or another, but one thing is clear there a cheater has no love for their spouse. A cheaters actions betray the concept of love. There is no caring for a spouses well being from a cheater. So, why the constant use of this theme in such stories? It is silly and sad that the protagonist must have a cheating spouse realize the error of their ways and live out their lifelong regret. In reality, a person who is willing to cheat, hurt their spouse, and dishonor themselves is not much of a person. They lack the ability to really care about other people. They are selfish to the point of lacking judgement for what is best if not for their spouse, but also for themselves. So, if there is any love in them at all, it would take a microscope to find it. How about a story with the ring of truth to it? A story where the cheater doesn't love the spouse. A story where the cheater is selfish to the point of being self destructive. A story where the cheater continues on in their denial and never has a revelation and understands that they love the cheated spouse and asks for forgiveness. Reality has a great sense of truth to it and has more impact than fantasies and lies.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Interesting point, Sugna

You say "There is no reason to get married if you are not going to have kids."

But then, why does having kids make a difference? The legal systems in many places now draw no difference between formal marriage and de facto marriage if the relationship falls apart. Custody of the children and division of assets is the same.

On that basis, kids or no kids, why get married at all?

Lue

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 7 years agoAuthor
Shermanite

Thank you for your comments. As an aside Rt. 75 is a U.S. route and not an interstate in Texas. I-75 runs from Florida to Michigan. I-35 is the major north south route in Texas. I've enjoyed BBQ and beer at Loose Wheels on a number of occasions and the waitresses all said Rt. 75, at least the cute ones. That said I love the area.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
@ I-75

If one wants a thrill , just drive through Atlanta on I -75 . It's truly America's Autobahn .

MFH is correct , I-75 is all east of the Mississippi .

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 7 years agoAuthor
pulled over in Marietta GA

On I75 for speeding at 2am several years ago. Its the only time of day that you can speed on that stretch.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Pretty good.

Didn't really connect with any characters. There seemed to be a lot of very cavalier attitudes about promiscuity and I didn't see a serious depth of emotion from the hero but excellent writing and enjoyable.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Well done story about normal people

The narrator and his wife are not hero types. We have to be interested in the happenings and not the people. My final reaction is that he never grabbed the ball and ran with it. If this final marriage was a success write it off to pure luck.

Thanks for constructing this MFH

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
4*s

The most effective fiction mimics reality. Without the mundane, everyday, details we have to live with. Mainefiddleheads you wrote a very entertaining fiction that reads like a true story. Only better !! Gave you 4*s.

The plot moved along briskly, no made up multiple paragraph biography. Dialogue was understandable, and colloquial. No weird phrases, sentences. Your protagonist was likable and ordinary. No special soldier skills, no friends ready to form a combat team, lol. He did strike me as being lonely. He didn't have any siblings to talk with and no friend. The ex-wife, Tracy character suffered from being underdeveloped. A little more about her experience with her sister, and Charlie would have added to the emotional impact of the climax to their marriage 💣💥.

Thank you very much for a very enjoyable story Mainefiddleheads ❗

AMerryman

maninconnmaninconnover 7 years ago
This was great

Everything felt real and true. Excellent job!

revkilljoyrevkilljoyover 7 years ago
Keep it simple stupid.

Far too much exposition for cheating wife tale.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 7 years agoAuthor
revkill

Do yourself a favor and read somebody else. I'm going to generally write at a higher level than your general entertainment expectations. Nothing personal mind you but I'm like that fellow who just can't drive 55.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 7 years ago
Thank you, MFH.

This story fits neatly into the universe you've created, and it's well paced, with lots of interesting twists and turns. It took me a while to figure out why I got to the end and didn't feel happier about the happy ending: it's because David William Hoff isn't anyone I know. I know he doesn't play around (much, except when single), and he's good in bed and at his job (he says). That's it. I seriously thought he'd have been better off with Winona, which shows how little I know David. I sense you meant this to be an action-driven tale, and I tend to go more for character-driven ones: blame it on the Bildungsroman. Still, I wish you'd shown us more of what David and Tracy, especially, were really like. On the other hand if you'd done that, revkilljoy and Anonymous 09/21/16 "4*s" would have liked it less. I guess you can't please everyone.

Thank you for writing and posting.

GA.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
really nice story

It seems like a real life when I read this one. Good job my friend.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting

Really different to read a story with the lead in staged within a couple of miles of your own home. Liked it if a little different.

wieliczkawieliczkaover 7 years ago
Once again, a masterful tale

Sad, true to people, painful and growing. Thanks

icebreadicebreadover 7 years ago
I enjoyed this story.

Well written and well done. Five from me and thank you.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 7 years ago
Good story !!!

Good story, shame it's set in Texas, real shame a lot of it takes place in Ft. Worth. When God decides to give Earth an enema he's going to stick it in in Ft. Worth !!!

Keep writing like this and I'll keep reading and keep on awarding 5 stars !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great work!

I really enjoy your writing. Please keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ummm...Okay

Like someone else said, a story takes on a different tone when it's set in your back yard. All in all, though, I thought the story was good but not great. A little slow and a little long-winded for my taste.

Bo47Bo47over 7 years ago
"fight for me"

Tracy said she wanted him to "fight for me". A woman is not worth having unless she gives herself freely, 'forsaking all others'. A woman fought for is a woman looking for your Next fight.

Rc68Rc68over 7 years ago
Great....

Just a really great story from page one on..... Great characters, well paced and the ending just seemed perfect.... My only small gripe, Charlie needed an ass kicking for everything......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wait a second!

Did I miss something? I know I'm getting older and senility looms, but I still have these nagging questions. What about the lavender panties? Susan knew he regretted their actions and reassured him it would stay secret. She then deliberately put his marriage at risk by placing her panties in his suitcase. Why? More importantly, why didn't this bother David?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed the ride. She wanted him to do the "pick-me-dance". I'm glad you didn't make him a wimp. There was no believable way he would take the cheating bitch back. I would have wrote a lot more about his relationship with Torre. I didn't relate with them as a couple. I feel we knew more about Susan than Torre, so the epilogue was kind of forced. Especially since he wasn't exclusive with her or anything.

Writer_DirectorWriter_Directorabout 7 years ago
Please take this in the vein it's meant...

This could have been posted in the Romance section.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
One Line Of Your Intro Says It All

Another fine story from a gifted author. I know that your intention was to draw semi- or non-sympathetic characters in this one, and you succeeded nicely. This line from your intro sums it up well: "there are always costs to any failed or challenged relationship." I too have earned my degree from that particular university of hard knocks.

Keep 'em coming! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent

One of the best I've read on Literotica. I've lived in the area the story was set in for most of my life, so that made it more pleasurable to read, just for the familiarity. Of course, almost all of MFH's stories are excellent. 5 Stars.

rick_ohrick_ohalmost 7 years ago
Great story, except...

I had some trouble with the lavender panties incident. It seemed too convenient a prop to expose the husband's infidelity. An alternate approach could be the wife, during the divorce, asking the husband, "Can you truthfully say that you have been 100 percent faithful during our marriage?" Then he would go through wondering how, and how much, she knows.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
An honourable man WILL end up with the lady that was meant for him!

It took quite some doing but the end makes up for it! Loved a positive story where a couple are willing to sweep aside a bad history because its all in the cards for them! A GOOD story to tell! Bravo!

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2over 6 years ago
Superior; complex and complete

Took me a while with my schedule to read it all, but was overjoyed the first time I did. The second time I was more amazed at the complexity of the story line and character set(s) ... but it was still one of the best and most complete story theme I've read in a long time on this site. The character development and twisting story line still has my mind buzzing. How can one author pack so much in such a short 'novel' and be able to hold a reader's interest. KUDOs for offering a divorce theme with reconciliation and resolution involving so many characters ... with reasons for being in the script. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I wish I could give this 6 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very satisfying writing

Fun to read. Looking forward to reading your other offerings. I would enjoy it even more if you conquered "lie" vs. "lay" and "I" vs. "me."

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 6 years ago
Another great story...

Thanks for posting, always a pleasure. 5 stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very good story!

I enjoyed most of the story. I think the panties in the suitcase was the weakest point of the story. The reader knows about the affair so we already know Dave isn't on moral high ground. The wife knew Charlie cheated on her too so her decision to leave Dave wasn't about the one night stand in the end. So I don't think the panties were even necessary.

Overall it was a very interesting and well written story. Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Duh

I enjoyed the story, but he got evolved with some real screwed up women.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Amen

The last one is the best of the bunch but she's got more luggage than Samsonite. First wife was an easy slut from day one, biker slut is an obvious f'up. Friend with benefits is not someone to count on being faithful.

I know guys like this. Good friend of mine should never ever pick his own significant other. So far it's a been a crazy bitch nympho, then, unbeknownst to him, a meth addict, then a woman who tried to trap him with a baby and then cut him off from sex when he wouldn't dance to her tune. His father same story. I tell him he should run back ground checks on any woman he gets serious about and then submit her to a board formed of his friends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Too

Too long,could have been told in half the words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You never fail to provide excellent stories, another great one.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 5 years agoAuthor
dark2donut2

I'm sorry you are so difficult to please. Perhaps you could offer one of your own superb short stories to demonstrate how the rest of us should proceed. If not, I'm sure there are many other writers who could entertain your prurient interests.

MFH

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good story

That was a very good read. I enjoy all your work, but this was especially intetesting. Don't know much from this Donut dude, but he seems to be an idiot. Keep in writing please.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
IF THE ADAGE WHO CONTROLS THE PUSSY IS IN CHARGE

but what about the dude who decides whose pussy is for whom, TK U MLJ LV NV

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
like most of mfh stories 5*

this one not so much.

dave was too ott wonderboy, rich, big cocked, loved by everyone no flaws, oh, except for being a passive cuckold. non of the female characters seemed to have any concept of commitment or exclusivity but they all wanted dave? possibly they read him as definate cuckold material.

just my opinion and yes they are like clits, evey cunt has one.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
THERE IS LOTS OF ANIMOSITY BETWEEN THE OKIES AND THE HORNS

and some of it rubs off on the inhabitants, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How

When they were in Sachs,how could Susan say to him here comes Tracy as they had never met?.Also her feelings for Dave confirmed at his wedding to Torre,means she would not have booked up with any one else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Story just didn’t generate any momentum. Least favorite of the MFH stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Flawed

There is no way Susan's panties would have ended in his case,she would have put them on when she left and if not why would he put them in his case.Also she told him early on if he wasn't married she would leave her husband for him,so to say they became friends with benefits is pure garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

One of your best, always worth another read. Still waiting for anons to contribute something worthwhile....ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous