All Comments on 'The Third Ring'

by NotWise

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
insert_nameinsert_nameabout 7 years ago
Epic

Beautifully told. Your narrative style was excellent and perfectly attenuated the tale.

Thank you for contributing some class where so many others just give us ass!

holliday1960holliday1960about 7 years ago
Beautiful!

NW you always astound me.

legerdemerlegerdemerabout 7 years ago
Well done

Your tone very nicely enfolds us in that storytelling trance. Lovely re-telling of a timeless tale. The little lights reminded me of Avatar.

NotWiseNotWiseabout 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks

I enjoy your comments. They've been hard to come by.

princessk11princessk11about 7 years ago
Beautiful

Well written, romantic, and it pulled me in from the beginning!

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 6 years ago
Too good for the venue

I've come across a few stories on Literotica that are simply too good to be confined to the audience here. This story joins that list. It deserves to be read far more widely. This is literature. This is art.

EtaskiEtaskiabout 6 years ago
Oh my god...

I loved this. :) I am a bit at a loss what to say. Let me think.

I read and love these old stories. I don't find them here. I dig them up in used bookstores (when there were more of them), library stacks, and sometimes the bargain bins of bookstores. Neil Gaiman is the one more recently and consistently able to weave the old storyteller trance in a modern voice around me, but I could always find good examples. This is the first one I've seen on Literotica; I can only agree with Loqui...this is too good for the venue. I'd like to see it in a published collection of sci-fi stories. It should be there, it's every bit as good. Damn.

I tried reading the first "Lit" page aloud, giving Tannehill, Doctor, and the narrator different voices. It sounds perfect for an audiobook, a natural-sounding oral tradition of someone practiced at describing the story they see playing in their head. A script ready to be animated in loving CGI or a short film. You wielded the old style like a conductor with his baton in a perfectly blended mix I've not seen before, of future-myth, of science and spiritualism, of tribal community, in a refined work that uses every piece you presented, and all fit just right within its place by the end--with one exception. Usually, these stories tell how the "dark one" who tore apart the joy of others gets their comeuppance. This was unspoken and unaddressed, so I'll just have to imagine her living alone and untrusted as her youth fades and her blind mother passes.

As a side note, while the sex isn't the focus or the goal, but a sweet and romantic indulgence, I chuckle that I always tagged these same scenes on in my imagination with the no-sex versions anyway. ;) So you only wrote in what I've always been imagining.

Thank you very much! What a joy to find this. :)

Zeff999Zeff999almost 6 years ago
Wonderful!

This is one of the best stories I've ever read on the net. It doesn't matter if it's based on an older story, because the telling of the tale was so well crafted you made it your own. I felt as if I was there on that planet and seeing those blue lights. Thanks, Steve.

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenabout 4 years ago
Amazingly beautiful!

This is an amazingly beautiful story told in such a way that I was able to visualize the story as I read each word. The pictures you painted through your descriptions of the bond shared by the two lovers and then the loss felt when they were separated was magical, as was the scene where Tannehill goes to the mountain and the blue ring is formed. Simply perfection.

You have a rare gift in that you are a true story teller. Each sentence leads the reader deeper into the world of Urta, the people, life in The First Village, and the love shared between Tannehill and Keren. You've gone above and beyond expectations!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Excellent, not overly stuffed with exposition, so it was easy to get into the story itself. Well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNotWise@NotWise
I'm a soon-to-be-retired planning consultant living in the US southwest. For those wondering about my "Unlikely Angels" story, Thank you for reading, voting and commenting on the story. I'm glad that many of you enjoyed it, but I removed it from Literotica after I made the "b...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories