All Comments on 'The Trail to Perdition'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ANOTHER THRILLER

GOOD JOB WOODMAN 1. A GOOD PORTRAYAL OF THE OLD WEST. P/S HAVE YOU BEEN TO TORTILLA FLATS AND GOLDFIELD AZ, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good job

another excellent and thought provoking story, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good Job Indeed

Those new to Lit who heed your standard "no/little sex" disclaimers on one of your stories and pass over it are depriving themselves of a good read - sans sex as it may be - from a master story teller. This one being a prime example. Thanks for another superb story.

Lit ID: Tyro999

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 12 years ago
Another Good One

Ya done it agin pardner! Great story, well written. I enjoyed it a lot.

GiniDGiniDover 12 years ago
well done

Another good read, can't say better than that. LOL

Did wonder how you got Justin and Justine mixed... A way to find out how quick he still was?.. Keep up good work.

Gini

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
good work

The ending seemed a bit rushed, perhaps leading to a sequel of some sort. But overall, a very nice piece of fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Masterful

Another masterful story. I look forward to each of your new stories. It's hard to find anything new in the old west era, whether on tv, movies or in books. You provide an outlet that is missing. Keep up the great stories.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Excellent Western

It certainly would do as a screen play for a new Western Film. I loved the twist of Etta going back to her first love.

In the film you could have her suffering conflict over the ease with which he kills outlaws and her feelings about owing her life to him...

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 12 years ago
Another great western

Woodman. You just keep the hits rolling. This was another great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another Super Story

You have written another excellent tale. Please keep up the good work. I look forward to more of your best. Norm

GentleVikingGentleVikingover 12 years ago
What a joy

Could nearly feel the dust and smell the sweaty horses

A pleasant change from the usual suburban midlife crises scenario that is favoured amongst authors.

Thank you for sharing the fruits of your talent

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another Good Story

Once again you have done well. The story was somewhat to the formula, but with better than average character development and a real page turner.

Both ears and the tail.

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
A great story by the man

A wonderful story. I really liked it from the first word, but didn't like the last one (THE END) was hoping for more. So now I'm waiting for the next woodmanone fantastic story.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatabout 12 years ago
Sweet and Sour

I loved this story from the first word to the last string of asteriks; but I still feel the knife twisting in my gut from the ending. It sorta reminds me of that fella on the porch in "End of an Era", the difference being that the knife here was bigger, serrated, and right to the heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good story

I truly enjoyed your story.keep up the great work.the ending was unexpected but still good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
ANOTHER GREAT STORY ! WELL WRITTEN !

AGAIN ANOTHER GOOD WELL WRITTEN AND EXCITING STORY! YOU ARE A VERY TALENTED WRITER AND SHOW A GREAT INTEREST IN EVERY DETAIL OF THE STORY.I WISH I WAS AS TALENTED AS YOU ARE AT WRITING STORIES .AND AS I SAID WHEN I COMMENTED ON REMINGTON 44 THAT YOU SHOULD CONSIDER PUTTING THESE STORIES INTO A BOOK BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE A GREAT SUCCESS .! THANKS AGAIN

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
sorry

gave it a 4. i really liked the story. but i am a sucker for the perfect ending and that meant tom and ette for me.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Not a bad ending

If you think about it the ending was not bad at all. Etta was not in love with him or she wouldn't have chosen the other man. Now he has a woman who has no baggage to drag her down. It's rather obvious at the end that he will court and marry his new woman. So for all the people who wanted him and Etta to get together I will point out that if they had married she would have forever been comparing him to her former fiance and wondering if she had made the right decision. No man deserves to have a wife who can't give 100% of herself to her husband and their marriage. Etta simply would never have been able to do that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

You sure do beat all. After I said your short stories were not as good as your long stories you turn right around and give me 2 shorts in a row to remind me that you are the master.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

Crusader235Crusader235almost 7 years ago
Excellent

Excellent Western adventure! Enjoyed every word. Makes one want to go see the movie, any chance of a script? Mucho Gracias for it!

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
THIS FICTION STORY

after some research could well be Fact or a reasonable facsimely for this was the Olde West and rules were bent, TK U MLJ LV NV

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
He dodged a bullet

Dumb ass cunt walks away from the man who went on a near suicide mission to save her to go with the pussy who wouldn't even stand up to his dad. But for Tom she'd be a whore in Sonora. Good riddance to that bitch.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
It's not the second hundred years

but it's a damn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
It was a good story....but....

In my version...when Sanders comes into the picture and she wants to go with him, I'd have told her, "He coward when braced by his parents but I rode through hell for you and killed for you but you go back to him???? Fuck you and the horse you rode in on!

Get the fuck away from me... I never want to see your face again! Hope your life is miserable!"! Yeah, I know. Sounds pathetic but your ending is just too predictable.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 4 years ago
Excellent Story

I love westerns and this was an excellent one. It was well written and I only noticed a couple of typos (one apparently missing word and a Justine instead of Justin). I was surprised at the ending and how Etta chose, but free will sucks sometimes, but no one’s going to be happy is free will is denied.

On the technical side, I’ve done a lot of historical research on this area for my western stories on another site so I noticed several issues with the dates, timeline, and historical events. I’ll send a PM with that in case you’re interested.

I’m really looking forward to reading some of your other works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thot the story was excellent but was very disappointed with the ending. Not up to the caliber of the rest of the story

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Boy, reading some of the comments had me laughing at their anger at Etta for ditching Tom. Life sometimes just sucks, but I think he got the better of the swap. Anyway, great story told in the Western tradition that many have enjoyed for ages. At least Tom didn't kiss his horse and ride off into the sun set like a lot of the movie cowboys did when I was growing up.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

That was another fun Western!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Tom lucked out. Eta was a loser from square one; she was such a good liar that everyone thought she was genuine.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...