All Comments on 'The Trail West Ch. 02'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Impressive

It takes a lot of guts to write a western. Everyone KNOWS what the old west was like, even though most of us really don't. You need to be true to the era and not lose sight of the storyline. It takes a lot of work and some real talent to back up the effort, in order to get it right. Thankfully you have what it takes and are giving us a great story. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wonderful!

Westerns are not at all my cup of tea, but you had me at hello. I read the first two chapters in one siting, and cannot wait for the next installment.

DeckviewDeckviewalmost 14 years ago
Fairly good, nice first western

You don't need to recap the previous chapter, especially since you are posting every day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

good story, I'll be looking forward to more. I read and liked other stories you've written, you're one of the authors I look for

endeavernowendeavernowalmost 14 years ago
more needed

sure like this type of writing. please continue SOON

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Very good.

You write well. Easy, smooth and pleasant to read. Good story. Keep it up. I am with you to the last sunset.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Yup!

You write it like you lived it. Your story line and characters come to life and take the reader right into the middle of things; we immediately identify with the characters and feel their emotions and the physical sensations of the colorful surroundings of another place and time.

These people, events and place of another time take on a life of their own as events begin to unfold.

The first two chapters of your story go down like smooth whiskey in an easy chair next to a warm fire on a cold night. Keep it up!

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
Nicely done

I was afraid that Josh was born perfect but it turns out that he still has

things to learn as we all do.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Wonderful as always

Wonderful story by one of my favorite authors. There is that perfect mix of great characters and compelling story that makes for great reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
trail 02

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
an interesting way to insert a story

within a story. It will be in the background as I wonder if they will meet again in Oregon.

deJay_13deJay_13over 7 years ago
Great story teller!

As I told you before, the last time I read this, your talent and expertise is second to none. Only a little more attention to grammar is needed to make perfect "FIVES" to all tales.

It is said, "Those that CAN, DO. Those that CAN'T, CRITICISE".

Examples: "road" and "rode" are different words with different meanings.

"Your" and "you're" are also different. When speaking of things in the past, please use Past Tense.

Contrary to most Yankee opinions, us “rednecks” do not address a solitary person as “Y’ALL”. If we say to a solitary person “Y’all come to see us.” we simply mean that the invitation is extended to their entire family or organization. It’s courtesy. Something most Yankees would be unable to recognize anyway.

Thank you for your most enjoyable stories.

de Jay

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I have to jump in here

This seems as good a place as any to jump in and say that your stories are excellent reads, and very entertaining. A sign of a great writer is one who can weave a story that when the reader has to walk away for a while, cannot wait to get back to or stop thinking about.

Thanks for writing!

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Sweet! Josh needs the education. Johnny needs to heal and pass on what he has learned.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Wow these stories are great! Love westerns!

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47about 1 year ago

I love the crazy stories in loving wives, I laugh at the idiots that sling vile comments at the authors of stories that contain, cheating, swingers, lesbian, bdsm etc, even though the title tells them what is in the story. Thank you so much for a story that is I believe in the right category and so well written that I can't wait to get to the next chapter. Mel B known as Hornydevil47

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories