All Comments on 'The Train Station'

by TheFatalEnglishman

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Are you really English?

I wonder if you appreciate how annoying it is when people use the expression "train station" when the correct term (for English people, anyway) is "railway station"?

When one raises the use of the phrase “train station”, thoughtless people will frequently reply that as one goes to a bus station to get on a bus, plainly one ought to go to a train station to catch a train. This is simplistic and doesn't stand up to logic. Do you go to a petrol station to catch some petrol? No, you don't. You put some petrol in your car and it's the car that carries you away. You might as well talk about “car stations”.

Do you go to a radio station to ride a radio, or even to buy one? No, you don't. In fact, very few of us ever go to a radio station at all – they are the places from which radio waves are transmitted, and we sit at home and wait for them to reach us through the ether.

Do you go to a space station to catch some space? No, not if you've any sense. A space station is unique because it's located in space, not because it supplies space to the general public. A research station is a place where people do research, but you can't pop in and buy some.

And what about the Stations of the Cross? I imagine not all of us will be familiar with the term, but those who are might like to consider what it means. Not, presumably, the place where you go to catch the Route 69 late-evening Jesus to Walthamstow after a Saturday night out in Canning Town?

And what do we mean by our “station in life”? Doesn't it indicate our social status, and/or our wealth, education etc.?

Overall the word “station” indicates a place, whether real or imaginary; usually a place with unique qualities as determined by the qualifying words attached. To dumb down such a useful and significant word by equating all stations with a bus garage is a piece of mentally impoverished thinking, if indeed any thought is involved at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
HA!

to the other comment:

epically well explained and articulate rant.

though to be perfectly honest i didn't quite understand the difference between train and railway station.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What!

Surely if you go to a train station to ride a train, that is the same as going to a railway station to ride the railway, pedant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Que?

What a bizarre rant that comment is, with no literary intent other than a discourse on the merits (or otherwise) of 'train' vs. 'railway' station. I think you'll find, my good friend, that train station is also common parlance for an Englishman. Not annoying at all! What you, Mr Ranter, appear to be concerned with is the disambiguation of the term 'station', when in fact that single word can be associated with more than one topic or location. Thus the author's use of the word in context was appropriate.

Perhaps you're just a sad old trainspotter...

To TheFatalEnglishman: Thanks for an excellent story, well considered and explained, and seriously arousing. Ignore the ramblings of the other contributor and please, continue to write. I, for one, shall look out for the next installment. Cheers from a young non-pedant!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

my wife wont give me a blow job unless i lick her clean after she has been to the toilet and if i swallow her piss and shit she will swallow my come i think thats a fair compramise though i darnt tell her i have done it with all my other partners fuck buddies and one night stands before i met her

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
@ Anonymous 03/06/12

holy shit dude (no pun intended xD) what is your problem, the story is brilliant and a station is a station regardless of what word you put in front of it.

@ TheFatalEnglishman... dude brilliant story its a shame 5* is the most i can give you.

beastboy42beastboy42about 11 years ago
AMAZING Work

As a fan of smelly sweaty, and hairy pussy, as well as Femdom, Well where can I start in saying how wonderful and erotic this is? I truly wish you had done more, or that there was a continuation of this. The only change I would suggest is writting as a third part viewpoint. Never realy got into reading from the males POV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Lol

All u can think about when reading a porno it the word train station.

FUCK YOU, U STUPID BITCH!!!

BigGreg8xBigGreg8xabout 2 years ago

What a shame you haven't continued!! Take no notice of detractors they can't write to save there lives!! Excellent first storyline!! Hope you are well and nothing bad has happened to stop you writing!!??

TheFatalEnglishmanTheFatalEnglishmanabout 1 year agoAuthor

Wow! I can't believe it's been 11 since I wrote this! Thanks for the positive comments. (That rant still makes me laugh...) I was actually very sexually inexperienced when I wrote this, but I've been in a long-term relationship for eight years now, have had a lot more sex, and am considering writing again. I'm not sure it would be anything as dirty as this. I think now that I'm happier in my sex life, my tastes in erotica have become less extreme. Has anyone else found that? Anyway, nice to come back and see how an old, weird story is getting on. Glad some people enjoyed it ;-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous