All Comments on 'The Truth Game'

by tristantrotsky

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Tense, dammit

When something happened in the past, you don't put it in the present tense, dammit. It just makes the artificiality magnified. Spoiled an otherwise salacious and potentially hot story. Sorry, but c'mon.

tristantrotskytristantrotskyover 6 years agoAuthor
Answering The Critic...

Sorry 'Anonymous', I know it's not considered polite to respond to critics, and you have every right to object to my use of tenses. But this is not about great literature, this is about communication, and using the present tense adds immediacy. Forget the grammar textbooks, listen to the dialogue around you, listen to the way people tell personal anecdotes to each other in bars, 'I'm walking down the street, right? and this guy comes up to me and says 'Gimme your phone'. So I sez to him 'Whaddya mean? Sod off!' - this is the way ordinary people talk!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Your writing is not good, and your grammar is terrible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

As (another) Anonymous, may I say that the anonymous commenters of August '17 give those of us who go by "Anonymous" a bad name.

I shouldn't criticize them, though; perhaps they simply prefer more pedestrian 'stroke' stories, rather than writing that is more stylized, or written to create a mood and not merely an erection.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertristantrotsky@tristantrotsky
391 Followers
Human being, with all the diversity and contradictions that it entails. Love living, Beat Poetry, Dada, BeBop, loud music, sensuality, books, movies, jazz, SF, Jack Kerouac, surrealism, Beatniks, other planets, Allen Ginsberg, intergalactic communications, William Burroughs.....