All Comments on 'The Twelve Tables Ch. 09'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Ellienora35Ellienora35about 8 years ago
Foreshadowing?

I hope the last chapter was foreshadowing because this one didn't really a dress the issues. I liked that they talked about it, but I have a feeling Josh won't end up being as OK with it in the long run.

On the other hand, the Karaoke scene was awesome. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I'm really torn.

I'm not a BDSM fan. I get it; many people are, and to be honest, I've read some that I've liked. But if this had been labeled 'BDSM', I never would have clicked on it. That said...

I'm having real problems seeing Papa as anything but a sexual predator. Making a shy girl who he'd just met blow him... And swallow...just to prove he's #1? But somehow he loves his family and wants what is best for them... As he throws his daughters away like soiled tissue?

Seems like a bridge much too far to ever make me not hope for his death.

If the final answer is that all of her abuse is meaningless because she gets to be part of this 'wonderful' family, I will be quite sick.

MC47MC47about 8 years ago
can't wait to see what's next

interesting twist, I like the father of the family, except when he plays with Joshua's nerves when he enters and is looking for his girl, but I understand that if Joshua had just sat his ass down ... the twists and turns and how Peri just went up and started helping, i think i was waiting to see if she would talk to Antonia about what happened, but i guess maybe it isn't open to discussion... kind of surprised at Antonia's feelings, but then again, she's from a family of the tables, she was raised to be the woman she is, so it is expected. the fathers explanation of sex with others as opposed to sex with the one you love was very interesting to me.

Again love how this story keeps you waiting for more and how all the family got together (well most) and how the men actually play with their children and seem human.

Thank you again for another great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A boy growing into a man

This was a very important chapter. Ellie give us an opportunity to reflect on the fact that this story is a coming of age story for both Peri and Josh. For Josh it's about coming a man. Ok we know he takes the lead in his and Peri's relationship but that doesn't make him a man. Not in his parents eyes, not in his siblings eyes, not even in his own eyes. But maybe after this chapter that might start changing.

In the Bella saga all the men had their dominant roles well established from page 1. But in this story everyone has done that except Josh. In the early chapters of this tale Josh kowtows to everyone, especially his sister. Even in the first paragraphs of the chapter, Josh only grinds his teeth but never shows them. This is followed by his mother being openly pleased that her husband Joe will be teaching Peri the "carnal arts". Denoting that his own Mother knows that Josh is not enough of a man yet for this task and that it (as a benefit to her) will put a spring in Joe's step once again.

Next Josh tries claiming Peri with the word "mine" and merely a kiss. A kiss in which later Peri notes is not as good as the one his brother gives her right after the engagement announcement - while Josh stood idly bye letting it happen. We learn that Josh when younger needed to often step away from the family and hide in a tree house. That he sings sweetly in the family choir. He is seen by everyone close to him as the youngster, a boy...BUT...maybe things for Josh might start changing.

Because in this chapter, his father finally starts "hoping" that Josh might be starting to become the man that he always hoped he could be - not my words - Ellie's - yes two hopes in one sentence from his father of all people. So I have have to believe the boy is going to transform. And more importantly, Peri is going to grow in so many ways in the next three months that Josh will have a choice to make very soon - to become the man he needs to become for himself, and for Peri - or to get out of the way and let Peri live the life she needs without him.

I also wonder if Josh will, or should, become the man his father wants him to become. That choice sounds like it carries more concerns and seems far more ominous.

AlwaysyoursaloineAlwaysyoursaloineabout 8 years ago
Please continue the story.... I love the new chapters!!!

I am so happy you have added new chapters to the story. This keeps getting more exciting and draws us in. Can't wait to see what's next!!! PLEASE UPDATE SOON.

PS... Maybe a side story for Peri's mom Ande

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
too bad

I am in complete agreement with the "02/29/16" comment. I was looking forward to some sort of confrontation, and in the beginning of the chapter it seemed like Josh or his mother were actually acknowledging that it was not quite routine for the father to personally participate in the trial of Peri, but then Josh dropped the ball by choosing to ignore the ickiness and shadiness of his father using his future wife for his own pleasure, and the mother in the end was pathetic in drawing a conclusion that she is actually happy that her husband is like this. This is seriously disgusting. There is just no legitimate reason for such in-law sex...

Lido_77Lido_77over 3 years ago

I really wish that there was more sex in these stories...they’re great and all but that’s something that is sorely missing here. There’s way too much buildup and no release! Two lines of a quickie just doesn’t work for me. I keep waiting and waiting for some huge bdsm party and then it’s just more and more family history...boring

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES