All Comments on 'The Twelve Tables Ch. 19'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Global Domination of and with Historical Proportions

Okay then.

First, what you did to Lio may have been necessary for your plot advancement, but it was horrid. Horrid, lady, and possibly a hate crime in many municipalities. Evil wench that you are.

Second, I may have to chisel the scowl off of my face that you made Dante one of those crude-mouthed-during-sex-people and that it appeared to go over so well. The dichotomy of him super respectful then super raunchy works like square wheels for me. Why does she have to like it? Since you're making her situationally assertive, why not let her not like it?

What a rollercoaster this story has been, and still more ride to come. Inching closer to hidden truths.

Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 8 years ago
Well done

Wow. I love this twist. I can't wait for the next chapter. I wish I were a fly on the wall in there. Will Josh take his frustration from the meeting out on Peri? Dun din dunnnnn. I am so excited to see what happens next.

wish2basubwish2basubalmost 8 years ago
Loving it!

Although I totally missed Chapter 18 being posted in Letters and Transcripts rather that Novels and Novellas.

Twists and turns, Ellie! When are you going to put your stories on Amazon Kindle so we can pay you for them.

MC47MC47almost 8 years ago
Totally agree with Anonymous ....

Anonymous, that is exactly how I feel about this chapter, I LOVE Dante and the turn the story is taking. He is so brooding and dark, but he is so hot and raunchy in the scene/dungeon :-) I also like how he, Dante, isn't pushing his needs on to Peri or Josh, how he see's that he needs to move slowly and let them come to terms with their new dynamics...And surprised at how easy Josh is excepting Dante's role in his families future. Peri is assertive, but deep down I believe if she had met Dante first, she would have been his other half ... still very sad about the demise of Lio :-(

Love the twists and turns Ellie...thank you

MC

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you, everyone, for your comments about the twists and turns the story is taking. Anonymous i think I have grown to love your barbed comments as they show how invested you become in my stories, so thank you.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinalmost 8 years ago
Loved it

What I really liked was Peri coming to grips with the fact that she needs more than Josh can provide her. Her fantasies carrying her away and twisting her down this path of her own volition even before being told she was going to have to submit to Dante was excellently written. Josh will continue to be the boy and love of her life while Dante will be the man who will fulfill her wants and needs. She will never be complete without both of them. I thought it was interesting that the current elders of the table, especially Joseph, also recognized Josh will not be enough for "the mother of the future table" and that she will have needs for "more" "especially during the absences" giving her the excuse she needs to go after Dante. And the telling her Josh will "learn" to accept it, thus making her and Dante's adventures an acknowledged, approved expectation and no longer illicit event.

Oddly, in this chapter we learn that Josh now with his two boys out of the way with Peri, leaves room going forward that the rest will be Dante's. And noting that the first boys rarely become the leader, it will be Dante and Peri's son(s) who will rise to power in the next generation. Also, the way you had Peri confidently recognize that in the end she is the one, and only one, in control of their combined futures - she powerfully leaving that meeting to go "Mother" her charges (Josh and Dante) was excellent.

Personal question, any chance that we find out Josh is not Joseph's? But Dante is? This would explain a lot about why Josh plays well at trying to be strong and domineering, while Dante innately is. As well as why Josh is so different from others of Joseph's family. Sorry, I digress.

As if all that wasn't enough for our young heroine, even after having been told her actions - all of them - are monitored - this ballsy broad goes off to research, learn, and explore more about the tables. Damn the torpedos, I love Peri. She is clearly the strongest character in the story. And soon this newly anointed girl become woman/wife/mother/sub-slut to her husband's brother/matriarch to be, is going to surprise those standing around her - even more. And I am certain she is going to have Josh's and Dante's balls in her hands in more ways than one very shortly.

This was very well written. I look forward to reading the joys of Dante's and Peri's relationship.

subnotslavesubnotslavealmost 8 years ago
Brilliant!

Ellie this is another, absolutely brilliant chapter. You have a real talent for writing. Though I would still like to know what the "accident" was that took Emilio from us... A good plot device (though harsh) I still find myself brooding over what exactly killed him. Ok, perhaps that makes me a sad person, but if it does I have to blame you for writing so well and creating such vivid characters! Peri continues to be indomitable and I am really looking forward to seeing how she, Josh and Dante process and come to terms with their changing roles - as well as how they'll deal with with 'sharing' Peri. Please say it won't be too long a wait...

Jules

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fantastic!

I am on tenterhooks awaiting the next chapter. I wish I had savored the story rather than greedily consumed it at such a fast pace.

PaddykatPaddykatalmost 8 years ago
Lio...

Am I crazy or was Lio eliminated as an obstacle to the plan for new leadership? Was it his homosexuality? Or his closeness to Dante, that would hold D from creating the bond necessary to rule with Josh? I'm dying to know!! Currently reading the Bella series to stave off hunger for the next chapter. Such a compelling world you've created...

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Sometimes

Sometimes i wonder if my writing is so predictable that some comments seem to be guessing at what is in the next chapter with some accuracy or why things have happened before i reveal them. This astounds me because my stories rarely go according to my plans to the point where i have little plan anymore just an end goal in sight.The next chapter is on its way :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I find myself nodding my head YES at most of the ideas floated by other commenters. Ellie, your writing is not predictable but is instead rather logical. You do a good job building both characters and plots. The details of description you use give the readers much material with which to understand past and present, thus making the future easier for all to envision. Your characters aren't just whispering to you how the story will unfold, but to us as well. That doesn't make it blandly predictable. It makes the story understandable and relatable. You, and your characters, can and do still surprise and shock us (Lio 😱; Killer Nikki; advanced brotherly bonds-cough, cough).

You can, and do, still nipple twist our brains.

Okay, I have to ask. Will the fact Peri blew her father-in-law and other trial events ever be discussed? Even with the WhatHappensInTheTrialsStaysInTheTrials attitude, I can't help projecting my discomfort. No matter what compliments, support or power was bestowed upon me, I would forever be wondering in the back of my mind what these people were thinking about me in the back of their minds. I have trouble balancing the madonna/whore dichotomy floating around this family. Peri has grown so much on this journey, but most all of us have that stupid, nasty voice lurking in our mind and we know Peri has one. It wouldn't be gone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Josh submits to Daddy. AGAIN

When they all talk about Josh's suitability for the Chair what they really like is how malleable he his and will put tradition and the "Family" first. So while Josh walks around posturing as the Leader, it will be Dante that truly holds the power. Makes more sense. Josh is nothing but a poser.

Once again it was Dante who wanted to protect Peri and Josh throwing her to the lions! Every time Josh has jumped to submit, putting his father first by offering up Peri, Dante has voiced his willingness to defy "Papa" and wanted to instinctively shield her. He also saw much more early on what a threat Nik was and wanted to see her sanctioned but Josh didn't want to rock the boat with the family. He said it was for Peri's sake but I just think he's a little pussy! I just can't understand why other readers are so enamored of such a weak selfish guy like Josh. He has done nothing but put Peri at risk and failed miserably to protect her.

While I still hope Josh is knocked off I at least want to see Dante kick his a ass in a showdown displaying who's truly the Dominant. I would probably do a happy dance if Dante were able to completely displace Josh and take over the primary husband role. Relegating the little wimp to a distant guest bedroom. Better yet a room that shares their wall so Josh could listen to Peri's squeals of pleasure given by the better man. Yep! I still really can't stand the guy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
grr

more and more icky stuff comes out in this worldbuilding. No wonder these people had intermarried with the depraved Medicis... I can appreciate the story for its own merits, but I just really wish someone would finally put their foot down and stop this ultimately mysogynous tradition of treating women as objects, sharing them, all this in-law incest ultimately is not ok andthe author has not yet shown why the sexual depravity helps the family succeed, it seems more like failure by definition that they cannot manage to have normal family lives...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok I'm done.

Babsy830Babsy8305 months ago

So the clues were there that the family was instrumental in Emilio’s death….”a breech in family security ”, a “necessary evil”.

And now they’re telling Peri she will need to service Dante. Their notions of “family values” is SO fucked up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
5538 Followers
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES