The Twelve Tables Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Truthfully, I've had someone putting out feelers to the properties around ours. I thought Ben might want to stay close by if Emily doesn't recover as quickly as we all hope. Carlo is already moving into the cottage. I'd like that airstrip on top of the hill to be attached to our property, and there are other plans including your secret room to think about this year." Josh admitted he had been making plans of his own.

"Do you think we will be able to expand to the top of the hill?" Peri asked wide-eyed her mind working to imagine the view from there.

"I'm hoping so, but we are negotiating with several of the surrounding property owners," he shrugged.

Peri lifted her fingers which had started to prune and smiled. It seemed to have been forever since they had just relaxed and talked about the future like this. She craned her neck lifting her face up to his and placing a hand on his cheek. He lowered his head and kissed her deeply.

"I needed this more than I realised," he murmured feeling himself relax properly. "I have missed moments like this you."

"I've missed it too. I love you, Josh, so much. I don't want our lives to get so busy we forget to take the time to be with each other like this," she whispered. She knew that everything that had occurred recently had been outside of their control but taking time like this was in their control, and she shouldn't have needed Joseph to point it out to her. "Would you like something to eat? Another beer?" she offered.

"You don't have to wait on me," he cuddled her close.

"I miss that too. I miss the cooking and looking after you," Peri giggled and then looked at him with a soft expression. "Before our life spun out of control and we lost two people we loved."

"As long as I don't lose you, everything else I can handle," he kissed her again. "Another beer wouldn't go astray. Then we can talk about food if you're feeling hungry."

"I'll grab you one," she kissed him again let him help her up and step out of the bath.

"Chalet rules still apply," Josh's voice lowered as he watched her pick up one of the towelling robes. He watched as she replaced the robe and took up a towel patting the water from her body. He had been concerned that after spending the last twenty-four hours with Dante she may be sore and bruised, but there were only small signs of harsh use of her body.

He sank under the water rubbing his face and neck. He'd spent a long morning meeting with high ranking family members from both factions of the Martino family, and he wondered how Carmen had come from such vapid and self-obsessed people. She was a good looking highly intelligent woman, but he still couldn't imagine her fitting in with elegant, stylish, class-conscious men and women of the Martino family that he had met.

He wondered how he had never noticed it before on his trips to Sydney and realised that he had been viewing them through a very different lens. They had thought him of no consequence. The youngest of Joseph's eight sons held no power or influence that could benefit them, so they had let him do what he liked, rather than filling his time with meetings and entertainments that were designed to show the family's wealth and influence within the community.

Being here with Peri had brought him back to reality, and he felt the tension of the last twenty-fours drain from him as he had held her in his arms and just talked. While he had never lived a normal life as most people thought of it, Peri had, and she kept him grounded in reality. Her questions and surprise over expanding their property had made him smile. It didn't matter how many times he told her that she was now a very wealthy woman, it was as if she still had to ask if the things they dreamed of doing were within their means.

Sitting back up and pushing his hair back dispelling most of the water from it, he smiled softly at her and took the beer from her as she sat on the edge of the bath.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Peri asked softly, her concern evident.

"I adore you for organising this, I needed some down time with you, to talk about what's going on in our lives," he put the beer down after taking a mouthful and stood up. He got out of the spa bath and towelled off trying to formulate what he wanted to say without hurting her feelings. "We aren't like normal couples who have our children with us twenty-four hours a day, and I look forward to holding them when I get home from a trip. Almost as much as I look forward to holding you. I know how it feels to me so it must be killing you to have left them for several nights."

"You would have liked to go home first," she felt her eyes mist as she realised she had done the wrong thing, not just for Josh but for both of them. "I was trying not to be an obsessive mother hen. It's the first time I have been away from them for a whole day and night and you're right I miss them terribly," she admitted and felt the tears forming in her eyes.

"Then why are we here?" He asked cautiously, pulling her against his chest. "I would never expect you to leave the babies for so long," his voice was soft, and she could hear the tone of his voice mistaking it for confusion.

"I guess I just thought that with everything that happened that I needed to give you time away from all the drama and people who are with us constantly at home," she said sadly. "I knew you wouldn't be happy when you found out where I was last night and now that you have pointed it out, I should have known you wouldn't be happy here." She blinked her teary eyes as she looked up at him. "I just thought that this was the place where we opened up to each other, our wants and needs and admitted our love to each other."

"We did all that and more here, and it will always be special," Josh agreed. "I love that you did all of this for me, I have been away not only from you but the babies for one night already, I'm not sure that either of us wants to be away from them for another two nights." He masked his real concerns and feelings to appeal to her maternal instincts.

This was not what Peri had been expecting. She had thought she was just overprotective not wanting to leave her babies. She had expected her time with Josh to be like her time with Dante, full of love and sexual heat. This calm, sensitive side of Josh had caught her off-guard, and she couldn't help the tears that now flowed as she realised how badly she had planned this weekend.

"You know me better than anyone else on earth. As long as I have you and our family I am a happy man," he held her tightly. "I would never stop you from having time with D. just as he would always give us space when we needed it. We love you, all you have to do is ask," he murmured softly. "Papa is not the expert on me, you are," he lifted her chin and gave her a soft smile. "I would have been just as happy to be lying with you in bed blotting out the world at home after we put all of those noisy, messy, rowdy kids in bed and said good night to the three of our own."

"That sounds wonderful," she smiled wondering how she had got this all so wrong.

"Why don't we go home and hug our babies," he suggested. "We'll still have our time alone if we want it. We can stay in our room or on the balcony. No one needs to know we're there. Dante will still be away for a couple of days so it will just be the two of us, and Mama who will handle anything that comes up if we decide to hibernate between visits to the nursery." The more he spoke, the more he convinced himself that this was the best idea.

"I'll get dressed and pack everything up again," Peri said feeling self-conscious standing there naked in this romantic setting and talking about going home because she hadn't thought this idea through properly. She knew she'd disappointed him and that was the cause of his strange mood.

"Everything?" Josh looked around raising an eyebrow at her. "We could give Gerard and Phillip this place for the weekend so nothing goes to waste, minus one small container of your pasta." He grinned.

"It's just," she walked toward the bed. "I believed I had thought of everything," she said softly placing a hand on the chest Josh had brought with them the first time he had brought her here and the necklace that draped over it.

"You quite obviously did. Everything is perfect, in every way, but it's my job to look after you and make sure you are happy. I know you well enough to know that being away from the babies is not what makes you happy," Josh took her in his arms again. "I know I didn't always handle your relationship with Dante well," he said remembering when they had come back from the hospital, and he had taken her in a fit of rage, but I have had time to see how happy we can be together, all three of us."

"You are the love of my life, Josh. Never doubt that. I meant what I said before. I chose you and this life. I am so very happy. I love Dante, and we are becoming closer all the time, but you were my first real love, you have made me happier than I ever dreamed possible," she declared. "If we are leaving just for me, to make me happy..." her voice trailed off.

"As much as I would love a night away from the world with you here in our little hideout, tonight might be better spent at home. I am as homesick as you are for some little cuddles and kisses from our precious bundles of joy." He picked up the necklace and smiled at the memories associated with it. Memories he didn't want to tarnish by losing control of his temper here with her. "You always looked so beautiful in this," he smiled down at her.

"I always felt beautiful when I wore it," she whispered. Josh placed it around her neck doing up the clasp.

"Mine," he murmured huskily.

"Always and forever," she answered with a purr. They kissed deeply, and Josh turned her so her back was against his chest, his hands running down over her breasts and sides as he kissed her neck. Her hands went to his rapidly hardening cock behind her, and she began to stroke him slowly enjoying the feel of his lips on her neck.

"There's no reason why we can't have a little fun before we leave," he murmured feeling relaxed enough to keep his need to punish her under control now. He flipped open the chest they stood beside picking up a pair of cuffs he ran his hands down her arms and standing close enough for her to continue fondling his cock he wrapped her wrists in the leather cuffs and joined them together with the links on each side of them. Satisfied for the moment, he ran his hands back up her arms and over her shoulders in a massaging motion to her breasts. He was glad that he no longer shared that aspect of her with his children and he pinched the nipples making her whimper softly and his cock jump in her hands.

Josh picked up the chest and carried it as he guided Peri to the table. Pushing her over the low dining table, he pulled her ankle to the leg of the table securing it with soft rope. He then pulled her other ankle to the other side and securing it in the same way. He moved up against her then pressing his cock into the crevice between her ass cheeks. His hands smoothed over her back and ran around her sides to wedge his fingers beneath her seeking her nipples.

Peri heard him groan loudly and move away before coming back with pillows from the bed which he stacked one on top of the other then slid under her head and shoulders length-ways. She found herself leaning over the table at almost a forty-five-degree angle her breasts hanging down below her grazing the table top. Standing behind her again his hands gripped her breasts as his cock glided between her ass checks.

Hearing her let out a small whimper as he gripped her breasts, Josh stepped back again and took clamps from the chest. Stepping up behind her again, he ground his cock into her ass letting her feel how hard he was as he blindly attached the clamps to her hard nipples and pulled on the chain until she whimpered loudly. Pulling his hand back he slapped her ass, leaving a large red handprint, and he felt his anger rise again. He took a calming breath as savoured the sight along with her cry. Rubbing his hand over the soft skin of her ass he spanked her again relishing her submission to his needs.

Josh pulled her cheeks a part as his cock nudged at the entrance to her cunt, teasing her and seeing her hips move in her almost immobile position. Bending low to his side he took the lube from the chest and as the head of his cock pushed into her cunt he dribbled the lube over her ass watching her sphincter tighten as the cool gel rolled down over it. Using his thumb, he rubbed down over the tight little hole and began loosening the muscle as he pushed his cock slowly into her warm wet cunt.

Peri's breathing was ragged, and her heart pounded in heat and anticipation. The combined heat and pain of her bondage and the delicious feeling of being filled by his cock made her crave more, and she rolled her hips, relaxing her ass as his thumb wedged into her, making her gasp and whimper loudly. She felt Josh move again and wondered what else he could possibly do as her body quivered in need. She almost cried when he pulled completely out of her leaving her empty and wanting, the climax she was building toward making her clench at nothing as she turned her head to try and look back toward where he stood. It was only moments later when she felt the buzz of the vibrator entering her to fill the empty void his cock had left.

Josh revelled in the sight and sound of her as her body began to tremble and her cries of pleasure became louder. He slapped her ass and fisted his cock lining it up with her ass. The vibrations from the toy wedged into her cunt travelled through him as soon as he began to push into her and he groaned loudly.

The pain flowed into her making every sensation she felt heightened as Josh forced his cock into her ass. She grimaced her ragged breath sounding harsh as it rushed past her clenched teeth along with her long high pitched keening. At that moment she felt as feral as she sounded. She tried to breath deeper relaxing her muscles and embracing the pain as she felt him push into her agonisingly slowly.

Josh held her cheeks apart watching as his cock slowly sank into her grimacing at how tight she was around his cock. He rocked gently moving into her then back and moved further each time. He marvelled at her ability to take everything he gave her and he thrust hard burying the last of his cock inside her and holding still savouring the pleasure of taking her this way. He took a deep breath reining in his need to fuck her hard and fast. He began slowly fucking her, the vibrations of the toy in her cunt stimulating his cock even more and once again his hand reached forward to grip her breasts playing the clamps there and listening to her sing in a melodic cry of pain and pleasure.

He knew it was dangerous to fuck her when he felt so volatile, but he needed this physicality with her. Each time he felt himself lose his grip he purposefully slowed down calming himself and swallowing the raw emotion he felt for her that made him irrational at the thought of losing her. As the thought appeared in his head, he slammed into her growling loudly.

Peri floated into the stratosphere. She had felt him quicken his pace and begin to slam into her moments before the blinding pain in her nipples hit her as he pulled the clamps free. Her body started to convulse, and the pillows beneath her head and shoulders began to slide as she shook with the force of each spasm. She barely acknowledged the cool wood of the table as her breasts flattened against its surface. She floated wrapped up in a cloud of painful ecstasy as he fucked her like a man possessed.

Josh felt her body stiffen, all her muscles tightening, unbearably, further around his cock as her climax hit and he watched almost dispassionately as the pillows slid slowly from under her head until she lay flat on the table. He drew his hands back and gripped the cheeks of her ass cruelly pulling them apart again as he pounded into her with force. His growl almost becoming a howl as his orgasm hit him like a bolt of lightning travelling through his body as he buried himself deeply within her.

Slumping over her, feeling weakened and breathless Josh held her for long moments her body still quivering with the continuing effects of her orgasm. She was right he admitted. He did need this time, knowing they wouldn't be interrupted or have Dante join them. At this moment she truly belonged to him alone and on some level he needed the reassurance that despite the turns their lives had taken, that she was his body and soul. He felt the knot of anger that had built within him dissipate, and he lay there just holding her for a long time.

*****

"Look at him," Romey said to Ben. "Have you ever seen that goofy expression on his face for so long before?"

"I don't think you'll find anyone who has seen him look goofy ever," Ben said seriously. "You think he's had too much sun?"

"He's had too much something. I'm starting to worry about him," Romey chuckled.

"Fuck off," Dante grumbled but couldn't help the smile that tilted up the corners of his mouth as he tried to give them a look of disdain. "Just because you two aren't getting any at the moment." He let the comment hang in the air wondering if he crossed a line with his brothers.

"You know better than that," Ben murmured. "It mightn't be as good as having my wife, but it scratches the itch when needed." He referred to the kept he had installed in a closeby apartment. Emily had never had easy pregnancies and with the complications of the last two births he probably had sex more often with the kept than with his wife.

"You too?" Dante asked Romey.

"Never felt the need to go elsewhere. Carmen is pretty hot blooded believe it or not," he smirked as if disclosing a secret side about his prim and proper wife. "I'm looking forward to her return to see if this trial makes as much difference in the bedroom as I have heard it does."

Dante and Ben both looked at him in surprise. They had both assumed that he and Jules shared the kept they had living in an apartment in the same building as their office.

"Speaking of believing or not," Dante said considering his brother. "Carmen seems to have a lot of talents you have kept hidden from the family." He hadn't planned to broach the subject of her coming to work for him until Carmen returned, but seeing the opportunity open itself up, he decided now was as good as any.

"Carmen's not the type to hide away like a shrinking violet," Ben looked at Dante in confusion. "What do you know that the rest of us don't?" He turned his gaze on Romey questioningly.

"She told me about her conversation with Peri and your offer," Romey said, "So you don't have to hedge around it." He let out a long breath and scratched at the afternoon roughness of his cheek. "I thought she'd always been happy at home with the kids and doing the charity work she and Em were involved in." He spread his hands as if that made sense. "Ricky is only two, after all. She's been sort of busy over that last few years."

"I don't understand," Ben cut into the conversation. "What conversation with Peri? What offer?"

Dante proceeded to tell them both about why Carmen had sought out Peri for advice about the trial and her fears. Carmen had obviously not shared the entire conversation she and Peri had with Romey. He had then told them about Peri's curious mind particularly in light of researching the family histories and how Carmen had disclosed her education and intelligence.

"She speaks three languages and has two degrees," Dante said shaking his head. "She's probably better qualified to run the house than I am. Josh is in the midst of trying to take his publishing house international, so I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to poach her from me with some deal I can't match."