All Comments on 'The Ugly Duckling - Afterwards'

by PaulSandarac

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
AFTER COMING HOME

the world still turns and life happens. TK U MLJ LV NV

Mostera1Mostera1about 12 years ago
A Blue Ending

To a wonderful story. No, not sad, but glad to see the prom dress make the rounds!

Well done!

Thank you!

M1

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Not really moving

The first chapter was great, the second one very good, but this one did not float my boat... How sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hi... bit confused.

Your original story was wonderful. The epilogue was joyful, although I was a bit unsure about why you wrote it.

This second epilogue was gratefully received, but I'm not sure where it has taken the story. You said that it was the end no matter. All I can see is you need to carry on the story. So what happens to Molly?

You need to work out where the full stop is! It was probably after Chp 1.

IrfonIrfonabout 12 years ago
Well done Author.

If we should ever meet - the drinks are on me !!

Thank you for a wonderful story - cheered me up no end.

TjSaxby52TjSaxby52about 12 years ago
Loved it.

Short, and sweet, and I pleasant wrap up of life as it is for them. Another masterful piece in a simple yet sophisticated way, please continue writing, I'll always be a huge fan.

WerewolfEnthusiastWerewolfEnthusiastabout 12 years ago
brilliant

loved this as well, im kinda interested in a spin off with molly see how her life works out.

anyway keep up the writing can't wait to read more from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well Done ...

from the introductory notes explaining the pressures for/against a third chapter and offering the advice to read it or not as a personal choice. I'm glad I did. This has happened before on Lit, a lot of times. An author finishes a story, and is faced with cries for more of it from some readers who thought it could/should have more to it; and counter cries to leave the author alone. PaulSandarac heeded those cries on this occasion, offered an explanation and a chance for readers to opt-out, and wrote a final chapter. Which I thought was as well-written as any Lit author making that choice to add a final ending at readers' requests has ever done it. Kudos to Paul. It was handled well enough that it got a 5 from me.

LitID: Tyro999

double_entendredouble_entendreabout 12 years ago
Great Story!!!

I really enjoyed this story. You are very good at capturing a readers imagination and keeping them interested in your characters. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 12 years ago
Did we reach the end?

Not sure if all the loose ends have been tied up, but I thought it was a good story. It appears others did too. Looking forward to reading more of your stories.

NKenNKenalmost 12 years ago

the 1st chapter was mainly about Christopher and meeting/ introducing the ugly duckling, but, the follow-ups almost have him as a bit-part player! Just kinda felt odd!

He was so instrumental in the transformation to swan yet was basically glossed over. Glad that Alice and Christopher got together to live "happily ever after" but felt that there was too much of a chunk missing for a "Romance" story.

I guess that i'm left wondering which or why both had a major attack of the stupids and split in the first place or where/ who the snake was that led to the seperation!

Otherwise, excellent story telling and look forward to more. :)

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

Providing you read these three in proper order (not as listed in L) you will see, the full circle and it is really damn good story - a tear jerker. Oh some might want more but it would only be of Chris & Alice going to grave - so this is the natural end. Well done, salute. 6*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories