All Comments on 'The Ugly Duckling - Epilogue'

by PaulSandarac

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Real, Real Love.

This was a Real Love Story. Better than the sex only ones. Please, bring more of these on. Of course, she could have shared more of the sex part with us.

I am an elderly man with hundreds of past loves, and life goes on...but the memories stay with us...the memories of closeness, friendship and feelings, the sex is only the sex.

Kisses

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

this is the best story i have read so far , it brought tears to my eyes

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Nicely Done

It was not necessary but it makes a good stand alone story!

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Very Nice

I will be honest, I was at first disappointed... How could you break them up?? That was cruel, they belonged together. Congratulations on getting me fired up before the morning coffee!

I then read it again, and lingered on the weave of the words, the careful and subtle phrasing I realized my initial impression was wrong and totally off base. I was very very hasty to judge this romantic interlude in the negative.

In my mind I saw them married and having children. Yes, a conflict, like him being MIA would add spice, but never him getting married to someone else and having a child. After the second go through, I felt totally and completely at peace with the story and its resolution. I never woke up so fast in the morning before. LOL

I applaud your story, and your dedication to our soldiers.

An easy 5*****

Thank you!

M1

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
Great story!

I am so glad you wrote an epilogue to this story. To be honest, it progressed exactly the way it should have with them seperating for a while and realizing they still had feelings for each other. I absolutely loved that those feelings are what got his home safe. Beautiful Job!

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
wow...on multiple levels

At first, I was disappointed that they didn't have the "live happily ever after" moment.

But this epiliogue is well-written, and certainly retrieves the opening. And at the same time, is frighteningly realistic. The reference to "the never ending war" is valid, because we are not fighting a country, we are fighting an ideology which, by their definition, has the objective to subjugate or kill all the infidels.

Five-star.

jamesfltn150jamesfltn150over 12 years ago
I Think We Need Another Chapter

I loved the sequel to the original story of The Ugly Duckling. I feel that it left many questions unanswered.

What happened between Christopher and his wife? What about the future of Alice and Christopher and what happens to his son Ryan, where does he wind up?

I am looking forward to a Chapter 2 to answer all these questions.

Thanks for all you hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

This story desperately needs another chapter . . or two . . . or three. Go for it!

Peter_BPeter_Bover 12 years ago
Epilogue

OK now we need a Epilogue to the Epilogue.... Great story, both the first and second but both left the reader hanging. Both had great substance and all but stoping there you did just killed the story... Please complete the ending to the end.. Whar happen to the kid and how many kids did Chris and Alice have etc...

Thank you for the stories... 5 Stars both

CarcamCarcamover 12 years ago
Yes, Definitely Another Chapter Is Needed!!!

You did a beautiful job of answering the 2 or 3 questions from the first story, but then you brought up 3 or 4 questions that you left unanswered in this one!!! You can't call this an "Epilogue" if it brings up more questions then it answers!!! GO FOR IT - please finish a wonderful, beautiful, marvelous love story !!! There are so few such stories around - we need every one we can get!

CCH

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
BACK FROM THE UNDEAD

and into a malestorm of doubts to come. TK U MLJ LV NV

SpykkeSpykkeover 12 years ago
Have to say I shed a tear or two

Ioved both stories. Sensitively written about decent people.

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Good one

Disagree with other who ask for a sequel. It is a lovely story and we know they are going to get together and love each other just as they once did, if not more. Having said that I would not mind seeing more about these two because of your writing skills, but some things are better left to the imagination.

Yet_Another_UserYet_Another_Userover 12 years ago
A Moving Story

Thanks for this.

I was very moved by this follow-up to The Ugly Duckling. There is something about the rekindling of abandoned hope and dreams that appeals to the best part of us and you did a fine job of weaving the web to bring this to us.

I am agnostic about another chapter. I think the Epilogue and story stand together with no need for additions. However, if you write it I will read it as I like the characters and the way that you craft their lives.

TjSaxby52TjSaxby52over 12 years ago
Phenomenal Work.

Wow, that was a trip. The realism of both the emotions and the plot was quite literally, of epic proportions. Within less than two full pages you managed to captivate me through a pristine and enticing tone. Such a tragic yet wonderful conclusion to a short story that was both moving and, after reading that, a necessity to any reader. Great work, once again you are my favorite author, and more talented writing from you would be much obliged. PS: Loved all the references.

Many Thanks,

-One of your biggest fans, TJ

RoverV8RoverV8over 12 years ago
Hi!

Really EXCELLENT stuff.

Just to point out, though, the military coalition in Afghanistan is far from just English-speaking countries - I'm sure there will be Francophone Canucks out there, there are certainly French, Germans (I think) and I'm certain there are Poles out there too. Not to forget the Afghan army itself - flawed as it is, some of its men are true heroes.

Best wishes,

Rich.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
more please!!!!

you left us hanging. please add a third to this to complete the story.

northlandernorthlanderover 12 years ago
Fantastic

A great story, emotionally charged and of the present.

IrfonIrfonabout 12 years ago
Thank you Author !!

Heartrending,but good.

...and the guy gets the girl in the end,thankfully...

P.S.

The Canadians are always there,as the loyal allies they have always been - I thank them for being who they are - and for those GREAT & welcome cups of Coffee ( with the occasional doughnut ) after returning from another nerve wracking Patrol.

From a grateful Paratrooper.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
MAYBE TOMMY WOLFE WAS WRONG

and you have to come home again. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

another lovely one! thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
a nice tale and a God Bless to all those that serve

so that the rest of us can live our lives as we see fit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Too sappy. The commentary says it all: you can't go home again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Re: Irfon and the Canadians

Right you are, and not just in this war. WW I, WW II, Korea, Bosnia. The Canadian Armed forces have bravely and loyally fought beside their allies.

Another (and much older) paratrooper

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 12 years ago
A real twist in the story

This chapter caught me by surprise; I just wasn't prepared for how it turned out. Great change in the plot. You've done a good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Part I was great

Part II and III - just vanilla

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
There are

NEVER any ugly ducklings, you only have to look for the beauty hidden inside the outer covering

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

Brovo Zulu, outstanding 6* - hooyah! She waited (even if she didn't realize it), mine didn't. Lucky man - at so many levels. I can only hope life only gets better for them from this point forward while he's Ryan's true father! I can tell you that being in-country and 4-day POW - all you think about is escape and her - to come home to finding your high school sweetheart wife in the arms of a friend. Life's a bitch and a 1911 looked very appealing.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

What a beautiful, poignant moment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A great story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I don't think the blue prom dress fits me anymore."

"You kept it?"

"For the rest of my life ..."

Dynamite dialog. What music to the ear of that returning POW. An epilogue to the epilogue is in order! 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous