All Comments on 'The Valkyrie'

by wanda8987

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Jenna GreyJenna Greyover 19 years ago
Beautiful Story

Wanda, I loved your story. I thought it was a wonderful blend of what romance is supposed to be about. Happy ever after combined with the supernatural power of true love. Love is eternal. This story teaches that lesson.

Thank you.

Summ3Summ3over 19 years ago
Whoo!

Wanda!~ What have you done? This is great *smile*

Nigel

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great Story-Wanda!!!!!

Wanda-You must have spent a great deal of time preparing this story.You demonstrate the power of love in your tale as well as dealing with sexual passion in an effective manner.Keep up the interesting writing Wanda-

rogtom_69rogtom_69about 19 years ago
Romantic and well written

Wanda....Lovely story with a great Nordic flavour...I hope you will write some more romance soon...I wonder if we could get some of that ol' time magic happening? hee hee.....I'd love to catch up with you and find out. Keep writing huh? Kisses and hugs...RogTom.

swtwcumsswtwcumsabout 19 years ago
Good story...

but I found it to be a little awkward, both in wording and in style. It is romantic. Yet our heroine's all consuming feelings of loneliness, despondency and sadness nearly overwhelm the reader.

To make matters worse, her situation, though unfortunate, appears trite and self-absorbed. It is too bad that someone so young spends so much time looking back, when she has so much to look forward to. But, that is the literary crux of the story. To some, her plight is so sad, to others, particularly those who have truly lost everything, she is an example of youth wasted on the young.

The violence is jarring, which violence is, but it is also contrived and reduced to a plot device. The motive for shooting Rolf doesn't make sense, nor does Astrid's seemingly impassioned attack. Its as if the characters act without thinking.

I do like the Norse mythology link, though it seems a bit wasted here. There is so much more to the Valkyrie. Which brings me to my final point, why is Astrid anything but a warrior maiden? Her personality doesn't fit the role. She is neither strong, willful, powerful or full of conviction. It doesn't make much sense.

I hope you will take the time to research the Norse mythos. There is romance there, but it is not particularly romantic.

CopyCarverCopyCarverover 18 years ago
Outstanding!

Not only a wonderful Nordic flavor, but the very essence of the Gotterdammerung--handled extraordinarily well. Wanda is poised for superstar status!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Outstanding

Wonderfully imaginative, great scene showing loss of virginity, real emotional pathos and an ending you couldn't predict!

AphroditesBelovedAphroditesBelovedover 15 years ago
I love this story!

Very sensual and romantic! I love Valkyrie!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous