All Comments on 'The Virus'

by 1gearhead

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent story

Jerry in Washington state, USA - Great to see you posting again. I've enjoyed several of your stories the past few years, such as Island Castaways, Snowed In, and Blind But Not Out Of Touch. This Virus story is among the best "holocaust" stories I've read. I enjoy the sex scenes, but also enjoy the progression of the story as far as recognizing survival needs. I like your main male hero character - my favorite stories of yours all have the same "type" of strong heroic males. I don't know if you have any plans for continuing the story, but I would love to read their further adventures and how living on Angel Island works out and if anyone new joins their group. Thanks for an enjoyable read.

faq52faq52over 12 years ago
nice story

but you do need to proof read. must be at least 30 or 40 basic errors.

MasterDarkWolf1103MasterDarkWolf1103over 12 years ago
Great Read! Thank you!

I think that building himself a commune on the island is a great idea as a finish to this chapter and perhaps the start of the next. I;m going to be looking for the sequel now for sure.

Nice work...

macster_man1976macster_man1976over 12 years ago
Not Bad,Very interesting

A very good story,will there be a sequel?????

bkdarkcambkdarkcamover 12 years ago
great story

an excellent story. it had a good conclusion and possible sequel. great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
don't stop

don't stop here. please continue. great story. great characters. could be made into book (maybe without the sex for some people!) or movie...but PLEASE continue!

kill666kill666almost 12 years ago
u should write a erotic adventure novel

the island castaway and the virus. both i read given me a great night sleep. I hope u write a erotic adventure novel that i he first one going to buy it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It's been done before

Interesting but full of distracting gramatical errors and typos. Read "Earth Abides" by George R. Stewart. Similar plot, much more sophisticated treatment, follows the protagonist to the end of his life after he has gathered/fathered a clan, endured realistic threats to the community, etc. An excellent book.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Gun Stores

Good story, barring a few amusing typos. But fails a reality test: no way you'd walk into any gun store a few days after social collapse and find anything except a broken .25 and a few rounds of 16 gauge #7.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
i better read this story than watching the walking dead Tv series

i am huge fan this story and i already read about 5th time beginning till end. I hope someone out there manage to write this awesome story same as this author did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
great

i think even great is an understatement

MrmacjrMrmacjrover 6 years ago
Sequel?

You have a great story and I could see several stories covering the next several years with their struggles and achievements.

beezlebubbeezlebubabout 6 years ago
Dang

This is a GREAT story and could go on forever. Unfortunately our dear author apparently is not with us any more. Or something.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
A MOST UNUSUAL STORY

strange as it seems this could be a preview of what could happen if not from a virus but maybe a nuclear disaster, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved the Story! When does the movie come out?

Great story! Couldn’t stop reading it.

Would love a movie or sequel!

😍

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'll break with the general applause in others' reviews, and applaud more quietly. You have a great concept and have put together likable characters. But, your story has one big problem and a number of smaller ones.

Big Problem: You really, really need a good editor. So many grammatical errors that it's sometimes hard to take your story seriously. Several times, I almost stopped reading.

Smaller Probs: 1. You have some continuity issues; 2. Your story became really predictable (one or more desirable women rescued, they throw themselves at our protagonist and he has sex with them all. Tasty meals are cooked and consumed and here and there, our guy shoots intruders or other guys up to no good); 3. Some realism issues (e.g. Monika sees her husband killed and even before the dirt atop his grave has settled, she is having sex with our guy?); and 4. Not enough twists and turns. Yes, Stacy stays behind on the island and Monica elects to stay in Moro (?) Bay. But your story could really use a couple of serious twists. Also, your ending petered out; it feels like you just got tired of writing this storyline.

A good editor would have caught most or all of these issues. Sorry, dude, but only three stars, mostly for the concept, characters and the thought that I know you put into this.

Smiffy69Smiffy69about 1 year ago

I like post apocalypse stories. This one ends rather too suddenly though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous