All Comments on 'The Void Bunny'

by norafares

Sort by:
  • 125 Comments
PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabellealmost 3 years ago

Delightful, as always. I loved the vivid nature of the flashbacks and how well that illustrated Kindra's pain. Easy five stars, thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

An absolutely wonderful story! I’d have liked to see Duncan get his, but it’s a story of hope and good people winning against adversity, not revenge & negativity. Fwiw I liked the unsaid Ben10 ref and other game calls, deffo a 5⭐️ from me!

chastenchastenalmost 3 years ago

A great story, Nora!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

nothing wrong with having and showing geek pride,It's amazing how many people who would normally be classed as something entirely different yet quite often are the biggest geeks of us all.

5 stars great read flowed nicely and as said the flash backs added really well to the feelings of the main protagonist.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraalmost 3 years ago

Fabulous story, Buns <3 you did such a great job! Touching and nerdy all at the same time... What more could anyone want! :D

PoisonPen33PoisonPen33almost 3 years ago

You hit what it means to be a streamer dead center. Those who do it for fun, those who do it for extra cash, and those who manage to make a career out of it.

But it was the flashbacks that did it for me. Just one emotional layer after another at JUST the right moment in the story. I felt for all the characters - Ben, the gutpunch with Kit, but Kindra's frustration and triumphs are going to stick with me for a very long time. An amazing, well-written story!

Oh, and the "alcohol makes my legs spread" line? I'm flat out stealing that one.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 3 years ago

I've not found a single one of your stories that were not top-shelf: the writing, the details, the smells, the sights and events are all so well done each time; you don't miss a beat.

I was worried (for a time) that you might have a story going where two damaged people "heal" each other, which really turned out not to be the case. Thank you for making sure the premise of Ben's and Kindra's relationship was NOT based on drunkenness, as when they finally bonded, they did so when sober. Now, I can see some other posters calling for "it would have been better" had Duncan received his much-overdo comeuppance, but I don't agree that was needed for this story (although he did play a central part in exacerbating Kindra's feelings of self-loathing). I think the real curveballs were both KitViper losing her fiancé and having Ben care for his special-needs brother. What's better than that? Having Kit as a friend, having a daughter with Ben, being married, and adoring Jake.

A hands-down 5.

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 3 years ago
Truly magnificent

What else can I say that hasn't already been said by the previous commenters? This story drew me in soooo completely... it made me laugh, it made me teary eyed, but above all it, it warmed my heart in the best way possible. Oh, and the sex scene was tremendous too.

I'm giving you the same number of stars as dollars that Ben gifted to Kindra..er, I mean Void Bunny. And no takebacks! No retreat, no surrender! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you! Awesome read!

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstonealmost 3 years ago

Beautiful and emotive, a sweet tale of damaged hearts finding each other with no retreat and no surrender.

Wonderfully written with smooth dialog and carefully crafted character development. A genuine pleasure to read!

Thank you for this lovely story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Brilliant, as Always

Beautiful humanizing story that helped me to understand some things about gamers for the first time in my long life! The writer's style is so smooth, it is not possible to stop reading.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 3 years ago

It gets difficult to come up with another set of Kudos that do not seem repetitious! Well developed story with likeable and three dimensional characters. I applaud your ability to turn what one anticipated would be animosity between Kit and Bunny into mutual support and admiration. A warm and delightfully nerdy read. thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

All the 5's. Thank you.

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 3 years ago

As a long standing computer geek (40 years in the biz), this is one of the best geek stories yet. Great love story. Thank you for sharing another wonderful tale.

Sxualchocol8Sxualchocol8almost 3 years ago

As per usual, you hit this one OUT OF THE PARK!!! Wait...do people still say that? Anyway, fantastic job, my dear. Great plot, realistic details, believable characters. Couldn't ask for much more - other than Duncan getting punched in the nose and dad getting kneed in the...well, you know. ;)

Again, great job and please keep it up!

Sc8

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am not a gamer. I know nothing about gaming except that is is n computers handsome people are really really into it. Nonetheless, I loved this story! it was nuanced and descriptive. It had great pace and character development. I know the characters. I felt them. they were complex and layered. Please keep writing.

nyc1975nyc1975almost 3 years ago

Another masterpiece from Nora! I am so thankful that she, Chloe, Cheryl, Willdevo, Chasten, and so many more great writers continue to contribute here on Lit.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelalmost 3 years ago

Wow! I think everyone else has gushed so much praise this story is so deserving of. For me, it was a masterclass of how to write an erotic story that is about the eroticism of personality and events that happen outside the bedroom (or the elevator as the case may be!) thank you x100!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

By far, the best of the Geek Pride event. Exceptional plot and storytelling.

technofrog2002technofrog2002almost 3 years ago

Wonderful Story

I thoroughly enjoy it. You have an amazing talent to make the characters come alive. Thank you for your effort it’s very much appreciated.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 3 years ago
Excellent

Great story, very good characters and interesting plot line. Thank you for your hard work.

Woodmanone

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 3 years ago

I think you took out most of the competition with a perfect headshot. It was great to revel in geekdom gameplay and streaming. Those that don't play don't get how much pleasure watching the best players can give you. Almost as much pleasure as reading this with romance and raunchy sex as a bonus drop from a final boss.

Thank you. 5*

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 3 years ago
Outstanding

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952almost 3 years ago

Wow! I love how your mind works. Bottle your thoughts and you'll be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams. Seriously, awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this story, but the ending felt a little bit rushed to me. The main reason I say that is because with all the scenes at the protagonist's job, I was expecting at least one final piece where she finally tells her boss where to stick it once and for all. That's just the opinion of an anon and it's a good story all the same, so take it with all the salt it's worth. ;)

ThefirefliesThefirefliesalmost 3 years ago

I was intrigued by the title, wondering what The Void Bunny might be. I was quickly hooked and am glad this story came to life in your head, sent to us like a 360 no-scope across the map of Lit to exist in our heads for a while. A really great story, 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

5 out of 5 because there is no 6!!

Fucking great writing!

I look forward to reading your stuff every time I see your name!

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 3 years ago

I never cease to be amazed at how some writers here can nail so many elements of a story, so absolutely perfectly. If there were stats for writing like there is in some video games, norafares would be fighting for the top of the scoreboard every time, while still playing the Geek Pride objective like a boss.

Davester37Davester37almost 3 years ago

This is a delightful story well told by a master storyteller. I agree with others who find the vivid flashbacks a great device to show the character’s pain. I also might have enjoyed seeing Duncan get what’s coming, but I understand the idea of growth and redemption without needing revenge.

I appreciate the nerds getting their due, and I always love to get an authentic look into another world that I’ll probably never see.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 3 years ago

Thanks For the Intro to Gaming!

I always love being taken to new venues. I had no idea people would go online just to watch someone else play a game. Great fun and so glad she got her HEA.

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 3 years ago

Exemplary story! I knew nothing of the gaming world and you made it real. I liked how a sense of goodness and hope underscored all the action. Best of all, the MC outgrew her need to find her deadbeat father because she had found something permanent and better. Solid five.

Wdwerker76Wdwerker76almost 3 years ago

I’m not a gamer at all but Nora made the gameplay interesting and the plot was captivating. Emotions, feelings, lust and sex seem more realistic from a female perspective, enjoyable to read yet genuine and vulnerable. Annabell mentioned you on Twitter and I am so glad I checked out this story ! I read it nonstop so thanks for a few hours of pleasurable reading that made me forget about all the stressful things in my life for awhile.

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 3 years ago

A scintillating story as I knew it would be before I started reading. Gaming, for me, is playing Sudoku on my tablet, so that part of the story was a foreign language. The characters and their nteractions were fascinating Loved it all and them all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As another author on this site, I can only say how much I hate you. Not. I struggle for weeks trying to put out a nice story and mine are nowhere as good or as interesting as yours. My hat is off to you, I bow before you and pray that one day I’ll be able to produce a story half as good as yours. 5* all the way.

ArediaArediaalmost 3 years ago

Great story, Norafares! Thank-you! You had me totally wrapped up in Bunny's character - to the point where I was tearing up when she did. Very well done! And, from my Grammar-geek side, without any of the grammar or spelling issues that have made me turn from other stories in disgust. :)

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Constructive criticism welcomed but there's nothing to criticise. Your style is yours and once again it comes through in the writing; writing that's so good I couldn't stop reading. I loved the way they fought through their issues to find true love.

bhojobhojoalmost 3 years ago

Loved this story . Its a sweet story of love lost and gained.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 3 years ago
Almost

I almost slipped this Geek story, not being a gamer at all. But then I read the first couple Paras, and got hooked. Damn glad I did, loved it immensely. Five well deserved Stars Nora. Thank you for it.

Rounding_ThirdRounding_Thirdalmost 3 years ago

One of the best stories I’ve read here. I’ve recognized your name as an editor for CherylTerra but this is the first one of yours I’ve read. Truly amazing work.

TheFirebirdTheFirebirdalmost 3 years ago

You have a great head for a plot and the linguistic ability to make it into a good story so thanks for this one and keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have loved your writing from the beginning. There is always a strong sense of character and emotion, in service of interesting stories about flawed people. This is worthy addition to your collection. Thank you for continuing to share your talent.

I actually took a road trip to Davenport this weekend because of this story. The ocean bluffs are beautiful, and the swing is still there!

WTFOWTFOalmost 3 years ago

Superb! You’re an amazing writer and I thank you for sharing your work with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Amazing fucking story. Like, indescribably fantastic. Thanks, Nora. New chapter of renascence coming anytime soon?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Shout out to Burntredstone for giving this story a mention on Twitter I so enjoyed it, but otherwise would not have been aware of it. Great story now I gotta go check out some of your other work. Cheers!

smc331smc331almost 3 years ago

Outfreakingstanding. 10/5⭐

SraulersSraulersalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding as always…

Wickedelf6000Wickedelf6000almost 3 years ago

God I hope you win this was an awesome story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm not crying - you're crying! I was sleepy until I ran across this piece. 10/10 all the way.

valkoinenvalkoinenalmost 3 years ago

Fabulous story. Thanks.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 3 years ago

Might write more but to many tears.

TonyspencerTonyspenceralmost 3 years ago

Nice story, well put together. Enjoyable read even though 99% of the references to gaming terms were completely obscure to me. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is my #1 favorite story I’ve read on this site. So sweet and complex. Loved the banter between Kiara and Ben, their maturity in looking out for each other, the commentary on gaming culture, the plot twist with Kit. All the things that made it more than just another sex scene, which made the sex scenes so much better. Thank you for sharing. May you win big awards in your future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was adorable in all the right ways, I was a little nervous during the start that it would just be an e-girl story. But the depth and substance you brought to the characters, the way you built tension, but didn't go overboard just to create conflict.

This story was incredible and I'm always a sucker for kingdom hearts love. Amazing story, one of the best on here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"the delicious burn of behavior decisions" -- magnificent! And the riff beginning with "the kind of guy that was endgame" was also brilliant. Your team of MsCherylTerra, bebop3, and of course yourself have been amazing -- not only in what you write yourselves, but in how you support and encourage others too. J'all have been a wonderful development on Literotica --

- Jazedzed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was so white knighty it hurts lmfao

AtemporaldualityAtemporaldualityalmost 3 years ago

You’re getting better and better.

You’ve got some very dark edge to your writing, it’s like a blade almost to me. You can cut sharply but you’re now able hint and suggest with that same darkness, but not cut so deep.

You’re worldview is most definitely flavoured with international, I don’t know if you’ve seen the elephant but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone close to you did.

You grasp the desperation, isolation, and depressive vibe that afflicts the larger Americana. I think Steinbeck would be happy top see you carry his tradition identifying class struggle, but you’ve expanded by gender and ethnicity.

You grasp that unwelcome feeling that many diaspora feel here, as America becomes less affluent, less unified, less a place where anyone from anywhere could dream the dream of middle class success: family, love, working to live.

“no retreat, no surrender.” Your character clawing for success as the walls cave in on the gig economy had me thinking of how the American Dream has become megalomania nightmare as “there is no end to more” for a few.

I wish I could tip for stories on this website.

I would pay full price for this one, and yet I get it for free.

If you write elsewhere, let me know, I’m now a fan.

Have hope, if you are a struggling writer, that humanity now reads at exponentially higher rates than we did just a few decades ago. So there is a lot of demand for content. But be warned they usually can only handle 140 characters or less.

You see the cracks forming in this world of ours. I feel a certain sadness in your writing that hits me hard, it is inside me too, I see the facades crumbling and the uncertainty of whether heroes or monsters will win.

No retreat, no surrender…indeed.

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

orestes08orestes08almost 3 years ago

I was absolutely enthralled with this story... until the ending. I was totally fine with the ending itself, but to not see any of the how we got there was disappointing. Still, a great story all in all though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another amazing story from one of my fave writers on here. I love how I can get lost in your stories. So well written and such depth of characters. Keep up the talented work :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

yeesh

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago

I Suppose It Could Have Been

Just an innocent line; "Get the F out of here Annie". But I rather think it was tweaking a nose or a shot across the bow, regardless, I laughed.

If I'd known gaming and alcohol could have lead to a happy ending like this I wouldn't have given them up years ago.

You have a knack of taking damaged people whose biggest commonality Is their damage, somehow allow them to heal each other and become whole. The world needs so much more of this reality. *****'s x 2. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For me this was / is a three-peat story. So far I have read it 5 times and each time I have got more out of it. An each time I read it I decide that it definitely needs to be changed/embellished/enhanced in THAT particular spot. And each time I read it the spot that definitely needs the changing/embellishing/enhancing changes - and of the course the previous spot now looks perfect.

All in all a bloody good read !

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I almost bailed on the first page.

But fuck me face down!

What a great story!

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellover 2 years ago

As always, a great mix plot, development, pace, romance, sex and story. just a side question. why did you spend so much 'time' on the dad thing? I get that she had abandonment issues, but so many examples. Only one small bicker in a great story. I love your work.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 2 years ago

that was refreshing,

seeing those flawed

characters come together.

I really liked this. Merci Nora.

Gumby603Gumby603over 2 years ago
Freaking awesome

That was truly fantastic! I enjoyed that very much. Your characters are flawed and fun!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. It was a pleasure to partake this long aroudus journey with Kindra. But in the end, "No retreat, no surrender" did pay up after all.

Thanks for writing this. Was truly work art of the highest degree.

EmotionalEmotionalover 2 years ago

Pretty awesome story, congrats on all the positive feedback you are getting, well deserved.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

This is my second time reading this, it loses nothing for a repeat reading, it is quite frankly my favourite story on Lit (to date), I’m not sure if there is anything much I’d change, bar the creepy bar owner having a sudden karma level up that is. Practically Perfect in every way NoraFares, thank you for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please help me write like this. 😭😭.

But to be honest, This was amazing.

The initial world building of Void Bunny and the way the story flowed. Loved it.

CalisailorCalisailorover 2 years ago

This is the first story of yours I read. I have now read them all. Loved them.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

First read this 7 months ago and had to return for a second helping of the Bunny! Still just as good, maybe better than on the first read. Just a superb story from start to finish as seems to be your pattern. They have just kept getting better. Thanks again!

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

We are gamers, nerds, and geeks. This story is one we all relate to and you put it together brilliantly. I had to stop what I was doing when she got invited to the Vegas tournament. I turned off my phone, grabbed my thermos of coffee and a jug of water. I really enjoyed listening to this story read by my British narrator in her sexy voice. Thank you for sharing.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Great story, a great job of developing the characters with personalities, and a fun story that is easy to read.

In the top 2% of what I've read here and enjoyed every word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is so beautifully romantic that I am ashamed of myself. I don’t do romantic, just ask my dead wife. She always said that I was as romantic as a turnip. This story awakened my romantic streak. I was tearful by the end of it but they were tears of joy. Nora gave us a wonderfully well fleshed out set of characters eliciting sympathy for both. Culminating in their ultimate pairing up together. I enjoyed the whole story. Wonderful job.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

Very touching story! 10 1/2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

sort of juvenile, and i'm not a gamer. i read the whole thing...thanks, nora.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Absolutely incredible and one of my favorite reads on this site!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Let me summerize...the Void Bunny wins the gamer lottery and lives happily every after without having to overcome anything. This story lacks depth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I don’t normally rate 5 stars but I loved this!

EarlyMorningLightEarlyMorningLightabout 2 years ago

If you ever feel like revisiting this world, I bet Kit has a great story.

You write damaged people so well. It’s like watching someone painstakingly gluing together a broken plate, finding the spots where the jagged pieces fit together.

dmallorddmallordabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed your story! Didn't understand most of the gaming terms, but that didn't detract from the wonderful, descriptive imagery. The emotional whirlwinds were more than satisfying enough to off-set those! Clearly, 5*.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 2 years ago

This is a story worth revisiting. Gonzo style at first but it transforms into something more; a story about vulnerability, the need for human connection, and love. One of the best.

jezzazjezzazalmost 2 years ago

I’ve been in the games industry for over 40 years now, and this is extremely on point. Very well researched, gotta say it.

stewartbstewartbalmost 2 years ago

You had a beginning ... Rose to the middle ... And than had a perfect ending of "5"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Someone commented that Bunny lived happily ever after despite not having to overcome anything. That is a weird comment given that she had to overcome the massive handicap of having been abandoned by her father when only six and of having a mother who did not care for as every child should be, ending up sleeping on a park bench. She had to fight for everything in her life.

I loved her battle to deal with her insecurities.

sf1134sf1134almost 2 years ago

Perhaps one of the best written stories I’ve read on this site. That said, this story would stand proud in any context. Well done! And that from a 75 year old non-gamer!

geek_writergeek_writeralmost 2 years ago

Loved your story, it was a fun read!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Second read, months after the first. Still GREAT!

ScoratScoratalmost 2 years ago

not a gamer at all but loved hearing about it from a female POV! Only thing missing was when Kindra tells Duncan where he could go

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It is a great story on so many levels. Nora captured the angst of a generation. I just loved it.

Ginger630Ginger630over 1 year ago

Love this story!!!! So unique!

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrelover 1 year ago

Not a gamer, but I so identify with this story.

It definitely gets 5 🌟's

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When one reads a classic story by a top writer with an outstanding team, all you can say is wow. If there were a 1,000 points to give this is a 999. 99.9 per centile is the highest scored that can be given.

Must read!

turtle1969turtle1969over 1 year ago

One word, Poggers. 10/10 as expected from norafares

wretched_youthwretched_youthover 1 year ago

My 3rd read, and still as good as the first time. Thank you!

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 1 year ago

2nd read, and almost better than the first time, since I had the time to pay a little bit more attention to the details. Still 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant story in every way

parenthesisparenthesisabout 1 year ago

Good story. Agree with Scorat, Duncan needed to be taken down!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernorafares@norafares
1703 Followers
Hi there, I’m Nora :) I write about flawed characters navigating their way through life, often falling hopelessly in love along the way. I grew up on 90s swoony Bollywood films, endless piles of cheesy romance novels, and obsessively rewinding that part where Matthew Macfayde...

SIMILAR Stories