All Comments on 'The War Continues for Nurse Jenny Ch. 01'

by BlewWater69

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Enjoyed this, helicopters non-withstanding.

I'm glad to see Nurse Jenny back in action. The only quibble I have is the helicopters - Jenny's younger sister might see them in Korea 10 years later, but I don't think they got a guernsey in the Solomons.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Agreed

Very good scene setting, but no way were helis anywhere near WW2, they were barely being produced then.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Thank you

Thanks for bringing Jenny back - I look forward to the next installment

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
thanks...

for continuing Jenny's story. I hope you pick up her story soon! I hope she'll end up with Jerry, but who knows? It was nice how you captured the joys, pains & angst of WWII. I'm also wondering who among the girls will have a fatal end, I'm sure it'll be sad. Anyway, whatever direction you take this, I'm sure it'll be great. Good luck & more power to you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Enjoyed the story

...but historically, Helicopters were first used in April 1944 in Burma and China, no hospital ship would have had a heli pad in 1942.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very nice

But I must agree with the OP about helicopters. They weren't used in the South Pacific Theatre in '42.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

no helo pads on ships in 1943

redone6566redone6566about 10 years ago
time frame again

no helicopters used by us until 1944/45 in Burma, helicopters not used to ferry wounded troops to hospitals and hospital ships until 1950's during Korean war, still like story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Helicopters

There were no helicopters at Guadalcanal or any battle in World War II. They first were used in the Korean War. Otherwise, it is a very good description of one of the epic battles in American history. Americans are generally ignorant of their history. The Japanese Navy was neutralized at the Battle of Midway. And the Japanese Army never defeated the United States Army and Marines after Guadalcanal.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlewWater69@BlewWater69
I hope what you read is entertaining to you. That is all I intend. I try to appeal to many readers, so if one aspect or another of a story is not to your liking, please just ignore and move on.