The Way Back Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Derek came to see me just before Christmas asking why I was being so awkward. There seemed to be an implication in what he said that I was acting fraudulently though I couldn't put a finger on it.

"I explained that I had a legal obligation to fulfil and I could do no other. If he could find you, it would make things go a lot quicker. I had tried but had come up with nothing. I had actually long since got a PI in Sweden to find the Alsvik woman living with you. It's a Swedish surname, but it's quite a common name and he had not come up with anyone fitting your description. Hardly surprising!

"The arguments are still going on and it's my guess they'll get the courts involved soon. The Decree Nisi goes through this week but the financial settlement will run on. Ann wants half the company but I've pointed out that the most she could get would be half your share: 40%. To realise the assets she would have to get Geoff to agree to sell the company since I had told her that the terms I'm working under will not allow me to sell. I know Geoff won't sell.

"I told her through her solicitor that the best she could hope for was a share in the business from which she could take her annual profit. Her solicitor thinks she could get the court to order the company to realise the assets to pay her, but I suspect they won't do that; it would be financial suicide. I've pointed out that she's getting a very generous allowance per month, and this could not be paid if the company went bankrupt because the court was realising the assets. I also appealed to her sense of justice; fifty people's jobs were on the line. It surprised me that this cut no ice with her.

"On reflection I think she didn't believe me. At the time I thought that the break up with you had made her so bitter she no longer cared about others. It saddened me but made me more determined to preserve as much as possible for you. I was also surprised that in all that time you had withdrawn no money from your current account.

"The Decree Absolute should come through in mid-March and then, though if you hadn't come back you wouldn't know it, you will be a single man again, and she will be free to marry.

"At Christmas Derek and she announced they were engaged and would marry in May. In January we started to argue in earnest to adjudicate on the assets. As I say it will eventually have to go to court, I'm sure. In fact I'll make sure of it.

"Anyway, she came to me a few weeks ago and told me she had moved out of the house in Sale last October and is living with Derek. She asked if the house could be sold, and though I could see it stuck in her throat she wondered if she would get the proceeds.

I told her that under any Divorce Agreement, since she no longer required it as the family home, she could expect half the value after expenses were deducted and the mortgage paid off. She looked disappointed but accepted it. Her brush with the legal system seems to have taken more of her assets than she wanted. She still wants to sell and so the house is on the market.

"The latest thing is that they are now challenging the Power of Attorney. I think the grounds are that you have not been in touch for over two years, and that it is unreasonable for me to be continuing in this position.

"If successful they will be in a good position to take over half the company, since Ann is your next of kin, and will be until the Decree Absolute, and incidentally she is still the sole beneficiary under your will. I think that needs changing, don't you think? I was worried about the outcome but now you're here they haven't a chance. If the worst comes to the worst you will have to appear in court.

"Well I think that sums everything up," he concluded, "Not a happy state of affairs."

I wondered about this woman I had lived with for so many years.

I asked, "This man, what's he like?"

"Nice enough bloke. Mild mannered. Quite obsessive. Very attentive to Ann, if anything he's got a jealous streak where she's concerned. Ann seems happy with him."

There was something else, I could tell.

"And?"

"Well, he runs a building firm, and he's not the best businessman in the world. Not too good with paper work. He's in a bit of trouble; he overreached himself and cut some corners in some of the houses he built. He's likely to be sued. So I suspect he needs the money from the settlement or it won't be too long before he's bankrupt."

"How long?"

"A year at the most; he can dodge until then."

"This company of ours, are we doing well?"

"Yes indeed! Geoff is something of a genius. Very hands on in the workshop as you were. He's actually looking for someone to take care of Sales; that's his weak point. Things are just beginning to taper off. You used to take care of that side of things."

"Do I have other assets?"

"A large stocks and shares portfolio and of course the house. Oh yes, it's your house."

"And you're selling it?"

"Technically yes, but I've felt reluctant; you really loved that house."

"Still do." I didn't know why I said that but it gave me an idea.

"She's moved out, hasn't she? We noticed it was empty and for sale, and you said she'd moved in with Derek."

"Yes, she's living with Derek in Hale Barns. He's got a big modern house there, living beyond his means. I warned her about him but she told me to mind my own business, so I do."

"She definitely wants the house sold?"

"Yes."

"Sell it. To me. Or do whatever it takes to transfer ownership to me outright. Market value plus some, then another very generous amount for the furnishing so she can't object it's not enough. She gets 60 per cent of the value from the house, and all the money from the valuation of the contents. You tell her you have to sell it furnished for that price. The 'buyer' insists she leaves everything as it is. Nothing to be touched. I want that house for myself. I'm sure it'll provoke memories."

"You'll need to change the locks," David said.

"So you're coming back to us Allan?" Vivienne interjected, "What's your plan with regard to Ann? When will you 'return'?"

I noticed Trish's expression; I thought she looked disappointed at the idea.

I was quiet for a moment. David waited patiently.

"No plans for Ann, Viv," I stated baldly, "We're divorced. Finish.

"From a dispassionate point of view," I continued, "she doesn't seem to have made much of an effort to find me, and she's started living with someone else fairly quickly after my disappearance. I'm a bit miffed that she's been so quick to shack up with someone else. Doesn't say much for me or for our marriage."

"Allan, believe me, she was totally in love with you," interrupted Vivienne, "You had a great marriage."

"Well, you see my problem then. I don't know her or anything about her yet, though my memory will return, I'm sure of that. You say she loved me. So when I come back into her life, what happens?

"She sees this disfigured, lame and let's face it, ugly man. She's with someone else, a damn sight better looking. It puts her in a terrible position. She seems to be in love with this man. What does she do? Whatever she does will make her feel guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if which ever way she jumped, it didn't ruin the relationship. Even if she came back to me and I remembered everything about her and fell in love with her again, I'd always be wondering if she was thinking about him, that she was wishing she'd chosen a whole man instead of a cripple. In any case, I certainly don't love her at the moment."

"So?" Vivienne asked, looking shocked at my last remark.

"I think we should hold off revealing my return for a while. It needs thinking about."

"The children don't like him at all, Allan; they'll want you back at all costs," said Vivienne, "And they are entitled to their real father."

"OK. Viv, that's enough for now; it's early days," said David wanting to move on, "Tomorrow Allan you need to visit your company, see Geoff and perhaps jog your memory a little bit more. He'll tell you what he's been doing while you've been away, and what you were doing before you left! The sooner we get you fully attested as yourself the sooner we'll be in a position to defend the company and the rest of your property."

"Will he keep me a secret?" I asked.

"Definitely. Totally reliable."

"So what do I do now?" I was somewhat at a loss. "If I come back to Sale, how do I live?"

"As I said, I have the power to release the money from your accounts until you can prove who you are. We can go over your accounts in detail later in the week. Until the house is yours I can easily find you a flat."

"We only have today and tomorrow. Trish has her work and I have therapy," I grimaced.

"Well there's no hurry. We can sort things out when you come back, but you should have a flat to live in when you're here until I can sort out the house."

"Do that then."

I thought of the other obstacle in this plan he needed to know about.

"David, there's another complication," I told him.

He looked worried.

"Isn't it obvious David?" I said. "Ann isn't the only one in another relationship, is she?"

Light dawned. He looked at Trish.

"Don't worry about me, Allan," she hastened to say. "We'll find a way."

I put my arm round her.

"I'm very grateful for all you're doing for me, David." I told him.

"Don't be. We are friends, but you're also paying me very well for my services."

Trish and I expressed our gratitude and left, promising to meet David the next morning for our visit to the factory. Trish said she'd go shopping and then wait at the hotel.

We didn't speak at all on the way back. I was wondering about Trish's feelings. I thought her silence was significant. Once in the hotel room I had to clear it up.

"Trish," I said gently, "be honest with me. Where's our relationship going? You weren't happy with the talk of my moving back here."

She thought for a long moment.

"OK," she said, "let me be totally up front with you. I love you. I love you as a dear friend and as a great bedmate. I know I'll always feel something special for you.

"I'm enjoying our relationship, but if I'm realistic I know it can't be permanent. For one thing I'm too flighty, for another there is the age difference and for a third I can't see me staying in Britain for much longer. I want to join my parents and family in New Zealand now I've got a wider experience in nursing."

"You look so disappointed when I was talking of coming back here."

"It's all come about very quickly. I think it's because I'm not ready to let you go just yet. You're good for me; you've steadied me. I had this thought of you being with me for months yet, and here you are sorting out a house and flat to live in here. But you belong here Allan, not in Newcastle. Here is where you'll make progress with your memory, and while I think about it, you need to move your therapy here."

"You mean find another lover?" I asked with a glint in my eye.

"No!" she laughed. "You know what I mean: your hospital therapy."

"So we're OK?" I asked. "We can go on seeing each other, visiting each other, once I'm settled?"

"Oh. yes. I'm not letting go easily; we have a lot more loving to do!"

We undressed and climbed into bed together, but as soon as I hit the pillow I was asleep. It had been an exhausting day.

------

FIVE

I know it's most men's fantasy (well it's mine anyway) that they awake to a warm feeling on their cock and open their eyes to see their wife/girlfriend/girl-who-stayed-the-night, with the aforesaid cock deep in their mouths.

For some it does come true, lucky sods, and I was a lucky sod that morning! Trish was kneeling at the end of the bed, leaning over me and sucking me gently into consciousness and my cock into life and looking lovingly into my opening eyes.

"Good morning!" that's what I think she said, though clear speech and a mouthful of penis do not go well together.

"Good morning!" I replied. "It's rude to talk with your mouth full."

She let my engorged cock fall from her lips, "Are you going to criticise or do you want me to bring you to some sort of conclusion?"

"Prefer a shag?"

She nodded, scooted up the bed and impaled herself on my well-prepared member. She lost no time in getting into a rhythm, with eyes closed and biting her bottom lip in concentration, her tits bouncing in circles as she worked herself on me.

I could feel her getting close though she made no sound other than heavy panting breaths, and I reached up to tweak her nipples. Her eyes flew open, heavy lidded with excitement, and she looked down at me full of lust. Her orgasm hit her; her face twisted in a grimace and her eyes once again closed tight shut as she gave one quiet groan and twitched, convulsed and then held tense and still while it took her. I felt the contractions grip.

Still with no word spoken she came back from that wordless, imageless place, her look having softened into an adoring stare as she began to rise and fall once more, this time for my resolution which came quickly and powerfully thanks to her kegel muscles and her talented fingers, reaching behind her to caress my perineum and my balls, and finally pressing a finger hard against my anus.

We lay together in the afterglow, knowing that we needed to rise to another strenuous day for me. As usual she read my thoughts.

"Don't worry about us, my sweet. Things have a way of working out. We won't be the first couple who had to travel to see each other. You belong here not in Newcastle. Don't feel guilty. Live for the day."

I hugged her hard by way of reply. We did that lovers thing, gazing into each other's eyes and loving each other in a wordless yet eloquent conversation which spoke only of love and self-giving.

Then we were up and showering, breakfasting, sorting the room out and welcoming David's arrival. As I left, Trish called after me. "I'll be in Manchester shopping. See you back here."

I waved and got into David's car.

We drove the short hop to Sale. I did seem to know the route in a vague sort of way, but couldn't tell whether I should be happier at the working of my long- or my short-term memory.

Once we got near the centre of the town David turned off the main road and took a side road to an industrial estate. Soon we were outside an industrial unit that I did not recognise, though the name Jonsson Solutions, was clearly mine.

We entered. Seated at reception was a pretty young woman who greeted David with "Hi, Mr Lombard. Mr Bucklow is expecting you. Would you sign in please?"

David signed his name and added 'and guest'. We then proceeded down the corridor to an office. David knocked and walked in; I followed.

Here there was another pretty woman, older than the first, perhaps in her late thirties. She was blond with blue eyes, a small nose and wide mouth.

"Hello Judy," said David. "Geoff ready for us?"

"Morning David; Mr Jones. Yes he's ready. Go right in."

"Know her?" asked David in such a quiet voice I could hardly hear him.

I shook my head.

Then the door was open and I saw Mr Geoff Bucklow for the first time (for me).

I don't know what I was expecting, probably a sleek, dark haired, be-suited executive sitting behind a large desk with a perfect smile. What I got was the backside of a figure bending over a side table on which was a laptop.

"With you in a minute, David," he muttered. "Damn problem is insoluble. One more try."

David raised his eyes to heaven, "He's always like this," he said.

Geoff immediately straightened up.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said, turning towards us. "I'd forgotten David was bringing a visitor."

The man had a shock of untidy blond hair with a hint of red in it, his body was thick-set and he was an inch taller than I. He took two strides towards us holding out his large hand. He showed no reaction at all to my face which surprised me. There was not even a flicker of surprise at the state of it.

"Pleased to meet you," he said, "Geoff Bucklow," introducing himself. I took his hand and shook it.

"How d'you do, Mr Bucklow," I replied, "I've been looking forward to meeting you. We've met many times before but I don't know you and you don't know me!" and I laughed, more a giggle really.

The effect was comical. He looked puzzled. You could see his mind working, trying to piece together two conflicting ideas, that we met often and did not know each other, and I thought he recognised something in my voice.

"I'm sure I'd remember you," he said tentatively. "In fact--"

"With this face? Yes you would, but I didn't have this face two and a half years ago in York."

He was quick. His mouth dropped open. "It's... It's not?..."

"Yes Geoff, it's me," I said, putting him out of his misery.

He stared at me in silence, his mouth opening and closing.

At length he stuttered, "Allan? In God's name where have you been? And what's happened to you?"

"Shall we sit down?" suggested David.

Geoff started and gestured to the easy chairs at the side, sitting in one himself. We did the same.

"Tell him, Allan." said David.

I told him. I was getting good at telling this tale. I told it straight leaving out all speculation. When I finished he looked shell-shocked.

"But how come no one knew where you were? Didn't Ann check? I assumed the first thing she'd do would be to go to the hotel and check you were there and when you left. You mean she didn't check?"

"No," I replied, "At least not widely enough. Why should anyone check a Newcastle Hospital? There's no way she could have traced me to Newcastle General from what she would have learned from the hotel."

"But why didn't she go on to the police? I assumed she had."

He looked wretched.

"If I'd known, I would have done the usual searches," he muttered. "If I'd have known she hadn't gone there, I would have. I assumed she'd done that."

"She went to the police but that was all. She didn't go to the hotel," said David. "She just seemed to accept everything she was told."

"Look," I said, "don't beat yourself up about it. I've been beaten up and I don't recommend it!"

He had the grace to smile ruefully.

"I have no memory of that trip," I added. "Tell us about it."

"You were going to meet Jan Thomasson while he took in the races. Great man for the horses is Jan. He was very impressed with your hospitality and we got a good order from him. You rang to say you'd met him. You sealed the deal with him and I got the details."

I shook my head.

"I've no memory of any of that, Geoff. This will come as a shock to you; I don't remember you either. I don't know anything about this company other than that I own it, or part of it."

That did shock him. I explained how memory was supposed to come back and the difference between my difficulties with short-term memory and my memories previous to the attack. I told him how childhood memories often surface first and gradually become more recent. I told him about flashes and dreams. It was a lot for him to take in.

At length he spoke again. "Have you been to see Ann? David will have told you where she is."

"No," I replied, "and I have no plans to at present."

I explained the reasons as I had to David. He saw the sense in them and nodded.

"And Geoff," I added, "I don't want it known that I'm back. I don't want it to get back to Ann. No one must know."

"So how are we to handle your presence here?" He was astute, and saw the practical difficulties immediately.

"Who can be trusted to stay tight lipped on this?" I asked.

"You don't know?" Geoff was incredulous and then realised his mistake.

"Sorry Allan, I keep forgetting you don't have any memory of this. The obvious one is Judy. She's fanatically loyal to you and to me. She had tears in her eyes for weeks after you disappeared. She could not believe you'd abandoned Ann and gone off with someone else."