All Comments on 'The Woman of My Dreams'

by biggshow13

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Lover of Romances

This was an incredible story of how a man waited for the love of his life.. It was wonderful, one of the best ive read, i think if more guys were paitent and honest then everyone would find thier soulmates. Great read and i cant wait to read another.

LadyFalconLadyFalconabout 18 years ago
Wonderful Romance!

I love the long lost love stories....it was a nice way to spend my lunch break. Thanks you.

biggshow13biggshow13about 18 years agoAuthor
Comment from the author

As the writer of this piece, I understand that some people might lose focus of the romance, and focus instead on the negativity placed on James, or the asshole, as I named him. The point of the piece was that love found two people, years after the point it should have.

A comment placed on this story, which I honestly found offensive and removed, accused Stacy of being so limp and afraid that she couldn't even leave her husband. I thought I had made it pretty clear that she was coerced into staying with threats of violence, and poverty. Not all women are strong enough to walk away from an abusive relationship, as sad a fact as that is. The point was also made that it was a matter of days before Eric and Stacy ended up together, when in fact, the seeds were planted the day of the funeral, but took root over a course of months by the time the relationship was consumated.

I will climb off my soapbox now. It just annoys me that my efforts were disrespected and misinterpreted to such a serious degree. Lecture done.

Thanks for reading my stories...

EffectEffectabout 18 years ago
The negativity on James did really take away.

I have to say and agree that the negativity placed on the husband James really did take away from the romance aspect of the story.

Another thing that took away from it was the fact that it was said that Stacy all but ignored him when they growing up. Didn't even act like he was there. They yet due to her finding out what he looks like now and what he helped do she all of a sudden has feelings for him. Or she started having feelings of finding out about his crush a year or so before. Don't remember the story saying she had seen him before the death either, just that the brother and Jack hung out and it was only after the funeral was he really brought into the family.

That's just what really stood out for me to be honest. It kinda made her seem shallow to a degree. Sure Jack had a crush since he was a kid but was wondering if he would have a problem with her now paying attention to him now when before she didn't even act like he existed. I would think there would be some slight bad feeling there. Or was he simply so in love with the woman/girl for that long of time that he didn't care how she had treated him?

Her not being able to leave. I got that she was treated bad but treats of violence or poverty? I don't see that. Story said they had a bad marriage but no details I think on exactly what was bad other then him cheating and calling her names, etc. Those were the things directly spelled out. Don't recall it saying there was violence. I know they talked about the claus in the will about her not having to date or be with anyone for a year before she got anything and that will wasn't signed. The brother made it sound like it was years. But I don't see that is a threat. Asshole or not, is it to much to ask for your spouse to take some time before jumping into bed with someone else. Would that really have been a problem had he been a decent guy?

So really the question of why couldn't she leave or get help from the family to leave is a good quesiton. Did she not work herself that she couldn't live without him. For him being such an asshole, why did the mother tell the brother to stay out of it? Nice loving family. If they weren't sad at his death, why not step in before him dying? Same with the father. If things were so bad that the brother wanted to kill him, and he seemed like the type to go the extremes anyway, why not step it. It seems like there was some mixed messages here on just how bad the situation was. Cause if it was so bad that they don't feel sad he's dead why wasn't something done before hand.

It seems that the story's focus was really to much on the negativity of James and to much on Stacy being able to actually get money from his will and not enough on the actual romance or interact between her and Jack or even exactly what her marriage was other then simply being bad. Then there is the whole apology in the will which along with the reactions form the mother and brother kinda confuses the situation I think. At least for me anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
don't worry about it

biggshow:

The negative comments about the use of asshole are unwarrented. If the commentors have ever met a really true asshole they'll understand that's the name that applies until time shall be no more. The questions were raised as to why she stayed. Who knows? The desire to change him? Financial? Finally resignation and anger set in and she realizes there are no good reasons to stay any longer. All in all you told a great love story and this Horny 'ol Sailor thanks you. Ronnie W.

dirty-old-mandirty-old-manabout 18 years ago
young infatuation realized

This was an interesting story, keeping the reader involved with intrigue, sex, and love. The mix was well controled and easy to follow.

I hope you don't listen to those that object to your handling of James. They must lead very sheltered lives if they haven't met a 'true asshole'.

I hope you continue to write more stories. Humor is necessary in our lives today. There is only one thing that I can add, as long as you are laughing, you are not thinking about your problems. Keep the humor in your stories.

I wish you much success.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Superb Story !

I thought that this was absolutely the best story I've yet read!!!

FanficGuardianFanficGuardianalmost 11 years ago
Rushed

I think part of the problem lies in the fact I cannot hate her husband.

You told us he was an asshole. You told us he cheated on her. You told us he was violent.

You told us. You didn't show us.

Same thing for Eric's crush. It's 5 lines at the beginning of the chapter. This means we cannot develop any empathy with him.

Show, don't tell. If you only tell us, you cannot expect us to take it on your word.

All of this makes this story poorly credible. 1 full chapter on his school crush would have endeared Eric to us. One full chapter on her life with her husband, without overdoing it, would have make us hate him. Their meeting would have been that much sweeter.

RanDog025RanDog025about 3 years ago

5 STARS! TOO BAD THE AUTHOR HAS BEEN INACTIVE SINCE 2008. EXCELLENT STORY!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This story is a poor interpretation of romance and the suspense tag is simply hilarious.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous