All Comments on 'There and Back Again Ch. 117-118'

by ElyssaCousland

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
nthusiasticnthusiasticover 7 years ago
Again with the Magic Carts!

They ride in these carts that seem to magically move from place to place without help. No horses, mules, donkeys, oxen or even people have been mentioned so I guess it must be magic, right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Magic Carts?

Would a one line comment that all carts in thedas were animal drawn help?

Fiction-- Fantasy and Sci-Fi do assume certain levels of knowledge, I honestly hadn't even considered the idea, and even with that post still don't, about the horses.

Still, I suppose you can't make everyone happy all the time.

To Elyssa- Interesting takes on the story, second and third order causality is always a fascinating topic and I am curious about Howe. Was he dedicated despite or because of what his dad did?

Awakening and then DA:2. I have heard blips about DA:4 but not a ton so it's coming but nothing to direct you to, sorry.

ElyssaCouslandElyssaCouslandover 7 years agoAuthor
Carts

Alright, I answered this before somewhere, but didn't change the document - I'm keeping all the versions the same across multiple sites, and this chapter had been posted a long time ago elsewhere.

But anyway, most carts in Ferelden - merchants carts, like Bodahn's, are pulled by oxen or druffalo. Eamon's, and the ones in Denerim, would be pulled by horses. Sierra's not intimately involved with driving the carts or caring for the animals so she's got other things to think about! There are horses in Ferelden but not many - they're expensive, so only nobles have them and usually only enough for their personal use, not enough to give to retainers/servants/troops etc. There will be more horses later, you'll see.

I'm sorry the carts are so distracting for you! I have several thousand regular readers and no one but you has mentioned it. No thoughts on the rest of the chapter, only the carts? ;)

Storm113Storm113over 7 years ago
Carts?

Who cares about carts? I loved the story! I really admire the way you are holding it together and continuing the different storylines as you deal with the consequences of Sierra's changing things. Obviously this will get harder as the story goes on; very well done. Thank you for your work and your time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
When is she going back to Earth?

It is there and back again and it has almost been a year since returning to Earth and her normal time frame. She had weeks of downtime to try and master moving back and forth. I am also shocked she is not talking with Cailan about more modern techniques for building homes, sewage, and other city infrastructure. If she just explained what cities were like and made some drawings they could really advance their ability to house everyone. Not to mention what she could do by downloading a ton of ebooks onto a Kindle and bringing that back with her. If she can bring an iPhone...jeez. Think of the wealth of she could amass with books on carpentry, plumbing, blacksmithing/metalurgy, concrete/masonry, etc. And of course, gunpowder grenades will change warfare.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous