All Comments on 'There and Back Again Ch. 133'

by ElyssaCousland

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Dumb character actions to forward the plot again

Really?!?!? Sierra just gives up without utilizing all of her abilities? Please. If you give your characters abilities, utilize them don't just forget so that you can easily move the story plot along. Granted, in the beginning Sierra couldn't control her Uber-Smite so she could not utilize it as she wished but as you stated after the Archdemon battle, she now know how to utilize it at will. Yes smiting The Architect might not kill him but it will kill all the other darkspawn in the vicinity. Now with no one holding a weapon to Faren, it's 2 to 1 against The Architect and it without it's mana is just no contest. But no, you have Sierra no doing anything at all and just give up.

You have so far written a fairly decent story, fleshing out the characters and the world in which this occurs. It's been a great read so far but this chapter just ruins things when you have your characters perform stupid or out of character actions in order to forward the plot. You are a talented writer but please as you continue with this and any other writings consider your characters' backgrounds, skills, talents and etc. when trying to forward a plot line. Don't take the easy way out, as a great number of both professional and amateur writers have done, in having their characters doing actions against their created backgrounds or just plain stupid actions.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous