All Comments on 'There and Back Again Ch. 154'

by ElyssaCousland

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Just as riveting as always.

From a Canadian prairieite.

ElyssaCouslandElyssaCouslandabout 6 years agoAuthor

Hooray the Canadian Prairies! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Ugh such a tease! I do wish I knew what happened to Solona while in the Architects care, but I can’t seem to find 152 anywhere remotely easily accessible lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

Google title and chapter 152 and go to archiveofourofown and click on chapter index.

ElyssaCouslandElyssaCouslandabout 6 years agoAuthor
chapter 152:

Yes, try archiveofourown dot org or fanfiction dot net - it's in both places! Same username.

FalconRiderFalconRiderabout 6 years ago
very entertaining, TY

First, great job! Thank you! I'm completely hooked, have read parts of the story several times while waiting for more. The personal growth of your characters is well done and I appreciate Sierra's imperfections. She's not too heroic or too wonderful at everything for us to believe in her

2- constructive criticism- ever since the blight ended, I feel like the story is wandering. There were smaller stories like Anora's ship sinking and fighting with the architect but I don't know what the big picture is anymore. The writing plus the smaller stories are great, and there are still unanswered questions- Loghain, Fergus, if she ever learns to ride a horse LOL- but I feel like I'm just following along with her life. It's an interesting life and it might be just because I haven't played this game, but I'd like to know if there's an important quest we're on.

3- this is driving me crazy- "if he THINKs I'm going to /whatever/, he's got another THINK coming", not THING. It's like saying "he can think again" or "he can think twice."

Also, I read your Prologue on another site and it wouldn't take long to make this story readable for non-gamers. Including some very short definitions in the beginning like the ones you did for Tranquil and Harrowing, would help a lotl. You never said anything about Alistair's rose there though. It wasn't in the Prologue or the story and Wikis- forget it.

I'm praying to the Maker that Sierra and Alistair don't get stupid and screw around. I feel like their relationship is the solid foundation for the rest of this story, and I couldn't believe in the story or the story-world anymore if one of them did that.

Thanks again, can't wait for more

ElyssaCouslandElyssaCouslandabout 6 years agoAuthor

FalconRider, you're probably not wrong about the story wandering a bit. We're in between two games, in terms of the fandom, with no obvious overarching storyline to get from one to the next. There is one - but even when playing the game it wasn't obvious until the third game came out. Where the official storyline is headed, after a bunch of disastrous stuff, is towards a mage-templar war. And then an evil darkspawn, a former Tevinter Magister, who wants to make himself a God - and use the conflict of the mage-templar war to his advantage. After which there appears to be some sort of elf-human war brewing, tho it's not been fully explained yet. But Sierra has changed things...so I suppose the overarching story now is about how things have changed, which makes it more difficult for those who don't play the game to stay interested, I'd imagine! There will still be a bunch of Sierra stuff - her future and what that looks like, and how events shape her relationships etc, but a lot of the story will be her reacting to events either from the game - or not from the game, as a result of the changes she made. I'm hoping it will be coherent enough to keep people interested.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous