All Comments on 'There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 15'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

Another great chapter. Thank you for sharing.

bacheerabacheeraover 9 years ago
Great work

Another chapter well worth of the waiting. Hope you keep up with this story for a long long time.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Just awesome

Like every chapter and every story is a piece of art .Humor, intrique, action , you have everything in your works . Thank you !

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow!

There are so many people and so many plotlines going on at once that it is really hard to keep up. But things are progressing and that is how it should be. There are always problems on any project but I expect them to be cleared up in time for the launch. I like what happened with Gordon and the speech his mom made to him--yes, he is a genius but he is still a kid and needs time to be a kid; adulthood comes too soon as it is.

The number one lesson a supervisor learns at any level of management is the art of delegation. You hire flunkies to do the menial things that you no longer need to do so that you can concentrate on the important things. It works very well in the military and in the private sector. Just remind those working for you that you can still do their job better and faster and see how quickly they shape up.

Anyway, another good chapter although I felt that certain parts of it seemed to slow things down just a bit. But I understand why you want to make sure that every little piece of information is covered up to and including the final launch. I compared this series, earlier, to Jules Verne's "From the Earth to the Moon" and "Around the Moon" where the first book was the technical beginning and the second the achievement. It seems this story fits the mold in much the same way (with a dash of H.G. Wells and Robert A. Heinlein thrown in for good measure). That is some mighty fine company.

Roger.

lonesomeone2014lonesomeone2014over 9 years ago
Numbers

You first used .99 speed of light, then later referred to 9.9 speed of light, both meaning the same thing. However, as written, .99 speed of light refers to 99% of the speed of light and should be written as such. 9.9 speed of light means 9.9 times the speed of light and should be written that way.

Naval armor plate was made 6" thick. Tank armor is 3". The weight calculated in your story for covering 318, instead of the 312 windows, is actually 1.3 million pounds.

Rod's salary of $10 million per year divided by 365 days is over $27 thousand per day.

If you are going to use numbers, do it right.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm THE PUNCTUATION POLICE. Just remember, the people who badmouth me and others like me are willing to accept an inferior product. They don't know the difference between QUALITY and QUANTITY. I PREFER QUALITY, why don't you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just a great story

great story! love the laura and patty time! think it would be cool if laura was gay and chalanged the whole supportive system... Her mom would be supportive right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Get a proof reader

I thought the series was fun for awhile and hoped that your writing would improve with practice. If you care about quality, please find an editor who can assist you in telling your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

more chapters and check more often for mistakes but this has been a good story so far i have been reading this from the beginning

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

I'm with Lonesome2014. The story is very good with the exception of sentence structure, typos, and small word misspellings. I realize this has taken many difficult hours to write. A good proof reader would catch most of this. I've been reading for four days (time permitting) since the beginning. Cheers!

AmbisinisterAmbisinisterabout 9 years ago
The Devil is in the details

I have been reading this story from the its beginning.You have an excellent story idea.

But you desperately need an good proofreader, and a skilled editor. The typographical errors, and wrong word usages can make the story flow very erratic.

The long gaps of dialogue also become very confusing without periodically identifying speakers.

Just one example of not checking your own work is in simple arithmetic. A 10 million dollar annual salary computes to over $27,000 a day, not less than the $2000 that was stated in this chapter. Errors like this abound and detract from a rather enjoyable story.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 9 years ago
Interesting side note

I've been reading this story for the past couple of days. I've rated each bit a five of course, even though I've found the amount of physical violence between men and women to be a bit much. (real life would find many of the lead characters in jail on domestic abuse charges...male and female alike! Don't get me started on how public discussions on sexual relations would simply not be tolerated to the extent that it is in this story!)

Anyway, back to my side note, today, while I was reading this chapter, the news announced that NASA was announcing a breakthrough in the development of faster than light space travel. A new engine using electromagnetic fields. No fuel needed, just energy enough aboard to run the motors, I guess they don't consider whatever type of energy generation equipment they intend to use as running on fuel, although I guess they might not consider use of solar energy or use of the electrical fluctuations in the void to generate energy to be in the same class as liquid or solid fuel.

The story was not a very long one considering the importance of the subject matter. What I found most interesting was the coincidence of the story coming out while I was reading this story. I have found myself wishing many times while reading that someone would grow a brain and realize that one of the most needed steps to truly moving us into the space age will be the development of a gravity drive, and man made gravity within spaceships. (I keep seeing myself standing in front of a bunch of scientists and drawing a line on a blackboard, telling them it's a road, then drawing a car and asking them to describe all the forces affecting the car. When gravity is mentioned I would ask someone to illustrate it. I'm willing to bet that 90+% of people would draw an arrow above the car pointing down. Why this is I simply don't understand. There is nothing above the car. Gravity can best be described as an attraction from below reaching up to pull the car down. Gravity can be manipulated, nature does this, search for anomalies in earth's gravity that scientists have investigated if you don't believe me. If nature can do it, humans can do it, we just need to put more effort into the science behind being able to do so.

Anyway, if we develop anti-gravity or gravity drives (yes there IS a difference!) we will be well on our way to space.

I will make one other observation on the story, there is no way that any real businessman, or businesswoman, would not be thinking mass production of ships. It's cheaper to make and sell 12 of something than one unique item in most cases, think airplanes, cars and TV's. And the market for ships would be out of this world after the first one succeeded...pardon the pun please...as governments and private industry would fight over who would get to buy the first ships off the assembly lines driving the cost up.

In any case I'm looking forward to the rest of the story, I'm enjoying it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
SORRY I DISAGREE!!!

I Think the spelling mistakes and the typo`s make Your stories more human,

this is the second Time I have read your stories and I think you are a class act .

don't take notice of the nere-do-wells.

and continue the brilliant work.

Thank you so much for your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Come on people, this is FREE, you paid nothing to read it.

If I had spent money buying this novel, I would be pissed at the errors which an editor should have fixed. But no reader paid anything! Come on. Comment on the content. Here is mine: I am captivated by this story. It keeps me up late at night reading it. Thank you.

tjsmith839tjsmith839almost 8 years ago
I'm hooked too

In spite of the spelling, grammar, math and logic errors, it's a good yarn.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...