All Comments on 'There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 27'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Be Careful What You Wish For

It took me many years before I truly understood what that meant. There are a myriad of ways to screw up good news and I have managed to do it many times. It's like biting into a really tasty apple and enjoying it immensely until you realize there is half a worm sticking out of what is left. There is always going to be bad with the good--like yin and yang. I'm just truly sorry that, in your case, it involves your health at the most inopportune time.

Let's see... We had the introduction of a couple of new characters: George Jefferson and Barney Fife. I will say nothing more.

I said last chapter that I liked Teddy. After this chapter I really like her. She is definitely something else (and I mean that in a good way). What I didn't like was the decision made by the Doctor's two daughters. I think I understand their reasoning in wanting to stay behind on Earth, I'm just not so sure that I accept it. They truly do not grasp the concept of "love" or they would not be so hasty to separate themselves and their mother from the man who has already sacrificed everything for them. But it's hard to be pragmatic when you're only eleven and twelve.

The scene with the plumber was priceless. I used to man the status board in Combat during General Quarters when the ship was underway doing maneuvers. I had to write everything backwards and, after awhile, your brain gets fixated that way and you don't see things normally for quite some time afterwards. I understand his not being able to accept what is totally opposite from everything he has seen before, it's just not natural to think that way. But, I'm sure he'll get the hang of it, as I did. He's got plenty of help, after all.

Bob, that was another fine chapter. I just hope they can get you in for treatment sooner rather than later. I'll keep my toes and fingers crossed for you in the meantime.

Roger.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 9 years ago
Bob....it wasn't you that f***'d up the good news

First off - Gratz on the good news! Anything that works - well, it just works! (and that beats the alternative all to hell!) As for the other part, well, God has plans for us that we mere mortals aren't entitled to know about in advance. There is a purpose in this too. So don't get down about that...it's just another example of who really is in charge of things - and it ain't US!

I was delightedly surprised to see your next chapter so quickly, so I took that as you feeling well enough to write, at least - which was also good news. I hope the tumor reduction(s) has helped with your other symptoms, also.

I'm not so sure about the physics of a round ball-shaped object not emitting any sonic boom wavefronts when moving at supersonic speeds through the atmosphere though...I seem to recall that even spherical shapes do emit sonic shockwave-fronts - especially around the "equatorial edge" of the sphere transverse to the vector of movement as being the case, but I can't quote chapter and verse on that, so, though I doubt it, I could well be wrong there.

As for the other issues I mentioned previously with regard to acceleration and G-forces and what-not, I will say you wrote around those issue more carefully this time, and it did not detract from the story, but I still have serious reservations about the actual g-forces and vectors in play -vs- the human body, but I'll hold my peace on those unless/until I find something of a more eggregious and suspension-of-disbelief-violating nature requiring further comment.

I do hope you are able to get back into the treatment program soon, though (but I wouldn't complain about getting another chapter out of you before then, if you feel up to it). ...greedy, I know. :-) ...all the best, Bob!

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
grunpy gramps

Bob, biology is a crapshoot. You place your bets and then you let the dice fly. Where they bounce is where they bounce. What the die face show is reflected on your face.

Not playing, is not an option.

This is a fun chapter. With the usual unusual characters and crazy scenarios. I relish reading each new posting. Your storyline has turned out to be a platter of treats.

For those who critique your fantastic science, I suggest just laugh and enjoy the fiction. I consider reading Prolonged_Debut10 an exciting adventure in emotional divertimento.

A global holiday of appetizing scientific satire. To be celebrated with a feast of fun.

A dab of lutefisk here,a dab of kiviaq there. With slices of hákarl and hongeohoe, fesikh and haggis , chòu dòufu and surströmming, chinmi and kusaya.

Surrounding a bowl of kimjang kimchi and an assortment of condiments such as garum, konowata, peri-peri ,colatura di alici di Cetara, mole poblano , irunpaska, Habanero salsa and wasabi.

Bon Appétit, mes amis

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

glad to here you are doing ok i am hoping you do get better treatments now days are better then back in the 90's when my stepfather passed away

wmaster99wmaster99about 9 years ago
Good to hear some good news.

Even with the delay, it is good news. Being a heart attack survivor, I can speak about that. Any heart attack that isn't one is good. Rest up and run the rest of the course successfully, that is my most fervent widh for you.

GLenbar85543GLenbar85543about 9 years ago
Good News

That is great to hear treatments are working. GO rest you will need it and have to be at yoru best

Sid0604Sid0604about 9 years ago
Another great chapter...

Thank you for another great chapter... and Bob... it's such good news that the treatment was going so well.

funksofunksoabout 9 years ago

Bob, I hope you get better and get your new slot quick. Purely for selfish reasons... I want more of these awesome stories.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 9 years ago
Hang tough

you'll get through it. Thanks for the latest chapter.

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 9 years ago
Oh Bob!

That really bites! Take good care of yourself and then go back and beat that stupid disease!

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 9 years ago
BTW...

Great chapter!

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 9 years ago
a repy to fanfare...

Fanfare, I do take your point, and I agree with it.

Perhaps it is a personal issue, but having had enough direct experience with how the human body gets damaged by physical forces applied on the wrong vectors (especially due to acceleration stress), I objected to those aspects of the story where the science-fiction brushed too brusquely against my inherent understanding of our physical limits to allow me uninterrupted enjoyment of my suspension of disbelief in PD_10's wonderful prose.

That was the basis and nexus of my complaint(s).

PD_10, I think, understood my point, and seems to have adjusted his handling of those parts of the story such that the suspension break did not occur for me again in this chapter. I was actually praising him for that, not so much trying to correct his science (except where he makes blatant and obvious mis-assertions which could be corrected easily).

In other words, I'm only trying to help him improve the story's believability a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A darn good tale

I have enjoyed each chapter and your writing is a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
luck

seems like there`s always something else popping up, so take it easy,rest and be ready for your next treatment. story still great so i`ll be here when you post more. Good Luck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I really enjoy this novel

This is a really enjoyable novel, but the length of each chapter requires more time than I often have at one time.

You should google something called Willard Water. Cattlemen use it to treat eye cancer in their cattle, but I also use it on squamous CA on my face (as does my wife, on her face). One of my patients gave it to her daughter who was discharged from St. Judes about 10 years, at age 12, with hopeless-inoperable and un-chemoable brain cancer. She was given 6 months to live. I gave the mom the recipe, she had a pharmacist make it up. The daughter is as healthy as a horse and had a baby last December. You can buy Dr. Willard's Water on the internet. Good luck. Cowboy100

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Exciting story! Now get well!!!

This is an exciting story, not perfect, but then what is in this life? Some of the minor things only give one pause for a second without really affecting the overall story though so that is a good thing. The plumbing for instance, if it was running between the spinning and the non spinning hulls, the only way I can see it working would be if the pipe ran from the top to the bottom of the axis of spin, with rotating connections from the pipes to the spinning section. If the pipe or pipes were fixed they would have to spin with the inner section. In a ship this would be overly complex. Since water is so precious in space it would make more sense to have waste go to a processor to remove all liquid then compress the solids and shoot them out a port located at the top or bottom of the axis of spin. Since your story has a spinning inner, and a stationary outer hull, these would be the only areas where you could have any kind of airlocks usable once the ship was in space. I can understand the heat resistance being the reason for no metal in the outer hull, but when Dr. Luck says the ship was built with no metal, that falls flat, as the computers, wiring and other parts, including the bearings are metal. Perhaps it would be better to have their output be more of a directed field rather than one acting on everything in the ship? That way the inside metal components would not be affected by them? Just a thought.

But as I said, these are nit picky things that don't really affect the story as such.

Overall this is grand space opera of the highest order in that it blends science and fiction with lots and lots of adventure! You simply can't ask for better than that if you are looking for great sci-fy reading!

On a personal not, please get well soon, as your readers would miss you something awful! I'm praying for you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Keep Fighting & Keep Writing!

I have just finished reading all your stories [unfortunately not in the order of the storyline, but still cleared up a number of questions I had].

Was very pleasantly surprised to hear your Good News!! Congratulations to you and your medical Team! While it is disappointing to hear you had to be rescheduled for the next phase, it is good news they felt you could benefit from the delay. Get your strength up and it will pay you back later, I'm sure.

The intricacy of the interweaving stories continues to entertain me as I wonder how you keep them all straight. Good Job. While your `physics' may lack for some credibility and/or physical reality, what the heck. It isn't enough to put me off [having spent a great part of my life learning such, I could be picky, but I won't in order to follow the rest of the story]. So, while it does give me mental jolt/pause when I encounter it, I take it as simply part of your world building premises. Heck, one only has to read Fantasy stories to really see how science can be abused terribly.

So, get your strength back and keep up your writing. You have vast amount of material to play with and I look forward to the journey down them.

A Satisfied Reader!

curiousvisitorcuriousvisitoralmost 9 years ago
please get better, I want to read lot more from you

I quite like the style of all your stories, they remind me on one of my other favourite authors from Literotica (rpsuch... I simply love Revenge of the Nerd and He says she says (you can find the first few chapters of this on his web page... I am afraid it is never going to be finished as he hasn't posted anything for almost two years now))...

However, I was very sad to see the doctor deciding to leave his family and go into space, despite his stating in earlier chapters that if the family does not go with him, he is going to stay on Earth, and particularly after we learn that her wife still loves him and has always been faithful to him. We already have one family we came to love which is going to be torn apart by someone having to remain on Earth. Do you really need yet another one?

Please get better, I would like to see many more chapters to this story, and its sequels.

tomscardstomscardsalmost 9 years ago
I FEEL STUPID.

I was checking back every few days after 3 weeks, but only looked at the top story listed. I did not bother to look and see if anything new was posted.

So sorry to hear about the set back, but still it sounds good.

I know how you felt about the good nights sleep.

After my 45 days of radiation for prostate cancer the doctor said he had good news, and that meant I did not wake up early for the one hours ride to the hospital.

I asked if I was cured, and he said he could not say that. So, I asked him if I was just coming to him for the first time, and he had the check-up in front of him that he was holding; what would he say if I asked if I had prostate cancer. His reply was that it did not look like it to him.

I go back every 6 months for a shot, [they bill medicare $19,000 for it, but it includes the delivery method too. A nurse asks me to pull my pants down low enough so she can see my lower cheeks (cleaned that one up) and sticks a needle in one of them. they only charge $160 for that.]

So, as soon as i finish my daily play chip card game, I have two stories to read. I am soooooo looking forward to that.

But I am very much more excited that you are back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Meh

At first I thought it interesting then as time went on the men became meaner and the women became dumber. On top of that it seems to push Catholicism and I can’t follow a religion where the the preachers are celibate but they preach to the parishioners that they must multiply without pause and cannot use birth control. It also seems that the only thing women are good for is procreaction and that the best position for them is on their backs with their legs in the air. I may be an asshole but even I recognize when my wife outsmarts me.

goo_neiggoo_neigalmost 2 years ago

good to read about the positive turn of your health.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...