All Comments on 'There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 28'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Bob, Bob, Bob...

I can understand about your mind going in so many directions. They had to stop my wife's radiation therapy because it was starting to affect her heart. Once the heart was back to normal they wanted to finish off the remaining radiation treatments. My wife told them to go to hell (well, actually, those weren't quite the words she used but I recognized the tone in her voice). Anyway, she's been in remission for going on four years now so everything has worked out for the best. Do whatever you have to do so that you have peace of mind--that is the most important thing.

I remember falling in love with Raquel Welch when I saw her in a movie for the first time while I was still a kid. There was something about her beyond that beautiful face and those famous breasts that I felt on an almost primal level. She exuded sexiness but, also, innocence at the same time and it drove me crazy. I still have fond memories whenever I see one of her movies late at night (my particular favorite is "Fantastic Voyage" with "Mother, Jugs & Speed" a close second). Having Ms. Welch as a real-life character in your story is like icing on the cake. Good Job, Mister.

The FBI supervisor is named Rose Perez? Another name famous for the actress who choreographed the Fly Girls and starred in "White Men Can't Jump." An interesting choice in this case.

Anyway, enough of my rambling on. Take care of yourself, Bob, and I hope everything gets straightened out soon. We want you to continue writing but not if it is detrimental to your health.

Roger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
great fantasy world you've created

the only thing that seems out of place with all of the science and scientific inventions is the inclusion of the fantasy of the mythology of religion... it is simply too far fetched to believe that a group of scientist who are starbound have anything to do with the evil of man made religions. in particular the catholic religion who was in league with Hitler and who believes that condoms are a greater evil than aids (in africa)... I don't think scientists who travel to the stars would in any way have anything to do with the idea of a 'big brother' overseeing everything they do. hell , next you will have the muslims taking over the project..... yes, i know its fantasy, but travel to the stars is something that can be a reality. Gods are not.

jonthechaosmanjonthechaosmanalmost 9 years ago
One odd thing.

Maybe it has been explained before and I missed it but it seems far-fetched (I know that it's weird in a story about phenomenally intelligent toddlers and space travel that THIS is what I find far-fetched) that there is no mention of any acclimation period for those planning on a space journey. I would think that there would be a local test run, perhaps not leaving our solar system as a shakedown cruise. People can react poorly to a new environment. Some submariners pass all of their classes and training and yet still cannot handle their first cruise in a sub and need to be reassigned. No matter how perfectly planned something is or how well it is built, there will be issues that are not raised until they are actually underway in space. It just seemed odd to me. From what I have read so far it appears that they will climb aboard and set off to the reaches of far space immediately. Congrats on yet again telling a wonderful tale that has entertained the hell out of me. Good luck with your health issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

so sorry to hear this bob i hope that everything turns out ok i have had 2 heart caths since 2008 just take care of yourself and next time please put in where dr.finch's wife and kids change their minds and go him and he accepts this has been a good story so far and i feel the finchs need to be together to make the final chapter a good one

redlion75redlion75almost 9 years ago

mister/mrs. left wing wierdo not everybody thinks religion is a myth.for some people it is a belief that helps them with their world.i hope that our wonderful story teller hear has a belief in a deity of hos choice and that that belief is rewarded with recovering his health in a timely manner so he can carry on with this and other stories

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Get well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to be a downer or a pessimistic ahole but could you please do all your fans a very huge favor and do at least a bare bones outlined of how you would like this story to go? Then find an author who you can trust to help you with it in case your medical conditions prevent you from writing as much as you would like to during treatment or hospital stays.

By the way, to borrow one of your favorite lines, get well or I will hunt you down and kill you! I will also not like you very much if you even think of stopping this story before you figure out a way for the second ship to catch up to the first one. Even if you have to twist time in conjunction with a huge increase of speed to do so. Not reuniting Dr And Mrs Luck would be a very bad sin and break the hearts of your many readers. To have it waiting for them would be the ultimate in storyline twists. Face it, when you are in dire need of every bit of God's good Grace, the very last thing you want to do is commit a sin. Besides, just knowing that you have to keep writing so your fans can experience the wonders of the universe through your eyes will be some of the best incentive and medicine for you. I'm thinking at least 500 installments, maybe 1000. Face it, your fans want you around to thrill us for many years to come!

Now please get better, get well, live long and prosper. Whatever it takes just do it for your fans and those who love and pray for you.

Sid0604Sid0604almost 9 years ago
Get well Bob...

Thank you for another great chapter. I've enjoyed reading all 28 so far and I'm looking forward to more. Maybe we'll get a Book 2. Get well Bob... all your fans are there with you.

drif10drif10almost 9 years ago

You're doing great, enjoying the story.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Hope the medical stuff sorts out as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 9 years ago
Keep 'em comin' Bob

Best wishes with the heart. Can't wait for 29!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good Luck! Great story!

Wish you luck with the cancer treatment the Cardio cath is not bad. They do that while your awake. I had a double stint done about 10 Years ago and still around. Please don't hurry to finish the story unless you are planning a sequel about their space explorations. Love this story!!

SultrychocolatesistaSultrychocolatesistaalmost 9 years ago
Love you Bob

Praying for you Bob. Love your writing so much. I don't want to feel selfish in hoping for a finish. Being a Trekie and closet nerd I only wish for you to " Live long and prosper. "

Sultry

strikemaster2000strikemaster2000almost 9 years ago
Best wishes and a general comment

Can't remember how I found this story, but I've been enjoying it. Took me the better part of ten-plus chapters to figure out why. Not sure if you've ever read Robert Heinlein's novels (not the ones at the very end of his life, but the ones from earlier) but your writing style and how you handle things really strikes a familiar chord.

Sad to hear of your latest problems and can certainly sympathize with your situatin (family members having cancer, plus I have had a major round of dermatomyositis -- autoimmune disease where muscle tissue is regarded as a foreign body and is attacked in a positive feedback loop).

Certainly waiting for your next update, but do it at your own schedule.

cliuincliuinalmost 9 years ago
Best wishes

I hope everything takes a good turn .

shadowkt17shadowkt17almost 9 years ago
Loving your work!

Best of luck (no pun intended) to you on your health issues. I have health issues of my own that - while nothing like yours - greatly affect my life. Your story has many similar moral lessons in it about forgetting what we DO have and making the most of it. With you sharing this story, your imagination and your thoughts with all of us.. Yup.. I think you are making the most of it!! :D

PaxITPaxITalmost 9 years ago
Get well - or I will kill you :)

Well, you can't expect me not to use your words against you now, can you?

Your health is of course the imperative thing here, and everything else is secondary, including this marvelous story.

What I find disconcerting is one of your comments where you say you will wrap this story up in another chapter or two. I think you may have done the same mistake as initially when you said this will only be a few chapters.

Your story now is on the verge of the launch, and if you intend to wrap the story up then, you are sorely mistaken. We want to know what they encounter out there, if Even's sister is out there, and much more. We also want to see the building of the second ship, and how things play out.

This is the downside of creating a very entertaining story line, your readers will refuse to let it go. The story here is stronger and better than I believe you see yourself, and to stop at the launch would be like lighting the fuse of a firework rocket and extinguish it just as it is about to lift off. You take away the entire firework display so to speak, you give us the foreplay but leave us hanging without the main event and our release.

That is the upside of having such a strong story. Speaking for myself I would not care if there weren't a single sex scene in the entire story. Sex scenes in a long story like this tends to become repetitive, and even if you try to vary them admirably it still distracts the story itself. For my part I find myself skipping quickly through the sex scenes because I am so anxious to see what happens next. Sometimes I have to go back, because you have some dialogue in there that is important for the story, so to me it becomes a bit of an annoyance in a story so good and so strong as this one is.

And although I know this has been covered before by others, the chapter with the incest scenes on the plane was totally meaningless to me in this story, and as far as I understand it ties into another story of yours. To tie stories together is not a bad thing in general, and I even started to read that story because of that. However - I quickly discovered that the other story is in a completely different category of stories here, and not one that I enjoy reading. So, tie stories together if you must, but bear in mind that they should be in the same category and appeal to the same audience if you do.

You are not alone in going through this transformation with regards to sex scenes though, the same transformation happened to another writer I enjoy reading a lot, and that is Mike Cropo, and his 'A Spartan's war chronicles' - I think he started out not understanding how far his story would take him, and now he is at the end of his fifth very long book, and there will be at least seven books in all, maybe more. I won't give you a link to his books, because I want you to keep writing your story and not read anything else ;) hehe.

And finally, a little tidbit for you, I'm from Scandinavia, and here the name Even is quite common. I would guess that in this story Even as a name is pronounced differently than even as a word. Probably with a short 'e' sound...

Again thank you for a wonderful story, take care of your health and get back to writing one of the best stories here.

kobbiekobbiealmost 9 years ago
Sending you some good juju...

Good luck... I hope everything works out well for you... I love this tale and hope you have the chance to complete it and not feel like you have to hurry. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Kobbie.

tomscardstomscardsalmost 9 years ago
so good to have you back

They need to make a 7 or 8 star available for things like this. Well done again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
asking about your previous comment

in Honor thy father and mother, about chapter 27 you said you would be working on a novel which I believe was to be about the st louis mob that sent the people after patty and what Lucius did to them. Did anyting come of that, if so I would like to get the book. thanks John

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
loving it

am wishing you the Best of Luck will wait for you. I know you will write when you are able. Take care and get well you have a lot of friends out here pulling for you even though we have never met...B5A4

myassisdraginmyassisdraginover 8 years ago
Get well wishes..

Bob, I have loved this story and all of the others right from the start. You are one of the best authors here. I hope and pray that your Doctors can get you healthy so you can finish this story and also get the second ship into space.

I sort of know what you are going through as I had a heart attack just over a year ago, I was told that it was Milimeters away from being fatal. I have worked very hard and made some changes in my lifestyle and have fully recovered. Proof it can be done.

I wish you the best of care and a speedy and full recovery.

Myassisdragin.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...