Thorn Ch. 19-22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sounds like my work here is done. Enjoy the rest of the day Little One."

"See you tonight, I love you." Luna closed the door to Thorn. "Alright then, so I'm definitely accepting the change. You guys are the best friends and sisters in the world. Now we need to break out the cake and coffee."

***

"Just quickly before you hit the coffee. If you've been doing karate since you were a teenager, you could teach a self-defence class couldn't you? I would really like the younger girls in the pack to all be able to defend themselves without having to go wolf." Rose asked LJ. "It would be a good way to get involved with the pack too."

"Gem and I could probably work up a class together." Luna looked to her friend who immediately nodded.

"Oi, not fair, if it is just for the younger ones." Lexi pouted. "Fine, I guess I'll stick to zumba."

"You hated the boxing class you came to Lex, but you could try a karate class." Gem suggested. "Oh I know boxfit, I love it way more than zumba. Come with me?" Gem saw Lex smile a clear yes. "Awesome, meet you at mine, five tomorrow morning."

"Fuck that Gem, I'm out." Lexi was the night owl of the group, in fact five was probably about when she went to bed most days.

"Let's get the coffee and cake before we end up totally off track." Rose suggested gently guiding the group again.

Gemma and Rose lead the way to the kitchen. They served coffee and then all of them opened cake boxes and grabbed forks. "What if I love them all?" Luna worried as she smelled the chocolate cake in front of her.

"Then I guess it will be a five layer wedding cake."

"There is no way I need a five layer wedding cake. Crap how many layers do I need? I don't know how much cake I need."

"First we pick flavours then we'll consult Lucas on size." Gem stuck her fork into the red velvet. As she brought the fork out of her mouth, the cake on her tongue had her moaning with a smile. "This is a winner."

"You haven't even tried any of the others yet." Rose laughed "Shame there's no lemon cake, Thorn loves lemon."

"Lucas would know that. I wonder why he didn't include it."

"Thorn already insisted on a lemon layer, I think it has coconut in it too." Gemma confirmed, already sampling the vanilla and mango cake. "This is good too. My mate just cooks too damn well, I'm going to end up so fat."

"I notice none of us have tried the fruit cake, guess that's off the short list." Lexi closed the box it sat in and moved it aside.

"Well I'm keeping the chocolate. Do the flavours have to go together?"

"Hell no, think of the cake just like us. This group of women would never have been bunched together. We don't look like we would work, we're all really different, and yet we are perfect together. I have a feeling we are going to be the core of the pack going forward." Gem grinned "The whole pack better sit up and pay attention, big things are coming."

"Big things aren't always good Gem. Let's focus on great things. Happy things. I think this pack is awesome and I think it is ready for years of happiness and blessings." Luna planted the forkful of carrot cake in her mouth and wriggled her nose. "Yeah, this one is afternoon tea, not wedding. Nice but I don't love it."

"With the fruit cake then." Rose closed the box and put it on top of the other rejected cake. "So lemon, chocolate, mango, and red velvet, we're down to four."

"Gem, can you contact Lucas and ask if four flavours is too many? Please?"

"Right now Lucas would say yes to ten flavours for you Luna. If I ask he'll just get grumpy that I'm asking him dumb questions and not tied to his bed."

"Shit Gem, I soooo didn't need that visual."

"None of us did, so how about we look at cake pictures instead?" Rose pulled some magazines from one of the bags she had carried in. "Do you have any colours or themes in mind LJ?"

"I want it to be really romantic but not cheesy. I've decided on lots of fairy lights and candles. I don't think there is a theme. I wouldn't even know what is appropriate for a wedding." Luna smiled to herself. "I had this dream last night but I didn't see me, so I don't know what I'm wearing, I saw all of you though. You all looked lovely in light blue."

"Well next time in your dream check out a mirror, because a dress for the bride is kind of important." Lexi teased. "Light blue eh? I'm feeling that, classic, soft, romantic. Were we holding flowers?"

"White ones. Really simple."

"Lilies?"

"No. I'll know them when I see them."

"So we're looking at cakes. Either with four layers or able to be adapted. We're looking for classic, romantic, white and blue?" Rose wrangled the group again. The gentle way she did so LJ had not even realised how often Rose directed the group, or the staff at the café at first. Now she saw it as an example of how to be a great alpha for her pack. Of course when she needed to, she could, and would use a stronger approach too. As Rose saw LJ smile at her she added "I'm so pleased you seem to be over your fear of the wedding LJ. I thought we were going to have to drag you kicking and screaming down the aisle. What changed?"

"I guess I finally got my head around a few things. I want to marry Thorn so much, but I couldn't shake the feeling I would be a weakness to him, to the pack. I had that horrible dream, and then all the negative self-talk started. I may need a shrink but so far Thorn and you guys are doing better than anyone I could pay." She grinned at them all "So I hope you're ready to stop me becoming Bridezilla."

"I don't care how much karate you've done missy, you pull any Bridezilla crap and we will take you down. Here are the rules, listening? You will enjoy every second of wedding planning. You will not make us look hideous in the wedding photos, or the bridesmaid dresses, light blue is a good choice. But avoid metallic or shiny. Last time I was a bridesmaid I was stuck with high sheen salmon pink, nobody looks good in salmon pink. Then there was the huge fucking bow on my backside and the frilly skirt from hell. Oops back to the rules. You will tell us if you are worried or scared, and trust us to help you in any way we can. That will do for now I think, but I will add more if I feel they become needed." Gem grinned "Rose has these books, we're looking at blue, and white, our bride will be wearing?"

"Gem I will obey those rules. I love you guys too much to foist puffy sleeves and ruffles on you." Luna then giggled "Here comes the bride all dressed in white."

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Thorn paced the office at the back of the café. "Aaron, I know you and Kate are struggling to work together and I know neither of you expected things to go the way they have, but I am counting on you both. What her mother has done is being dealt with by her alpha. Can the two of you handle this?"

"Thorn, my brother, my alpha, of course I can. We can. She tried to get Alex to go instead. He decided me tearing his head off wasn't how he wanted to die and politely declined."

"Where is Kate now?" Thorn could not believe how much was going on in the pack right now. He had so many balls in the air and if one dropped the repercussions... well he just couldn't let any of the damn balls drop.

"A more immature, less intelligent man may reply, 'hiding from me'. Of course I'm a better man and I'm going to say she is taking a time out to adjust to the best news she has ever had."

"You are lucky I'm at the end of this phone Aaron or I'd likely smack you over the head right now. She isn't alone is she?" Thorn could not get his head around this latest news. He could guarantee Kate needed him and Luna right now, but if they went to her how could he proceed with what needed to be done? He had tried to come up with an alternative plan, but none would work as well. Kate had declined his attempt to remove them from the plan and proceed with a plan B. As an alpha he struggled to balance what the pack needed and what he needed regularly, but this time he was truly torn.

"Of course she's not alone. Fuck I know I'm not the bloody alpha but I'm not a heartless prick either. Mum and Rachel are with her. She will be okay Thorn. I will make sure she is okay."

"I know Aaron. I didn't mean to make you think I thought otherwise, I'm just feeling like I should be doing more. Like I should get Luna and myself there ASAP. Like when Luna finds out about this and why she was kept in the dark I am going to be getting my balls handed to me on a plate."

"So don't keep her in the dark. Kate needs her, and Luna will never forgive you if she isn't allowed to be there for her best friend. Kate understands the mission and the reason for it. Kate is too fucking smart for her own good. When she ran today she nearly made it."

"But you caught up with her. You got her to stay. It is a hell of a shock Aaron. I can't believe her mother would do that to her. To any wolf. But to her daughter? Mum tried to explain what she had been thinking but Aaron this would have left both of you alone forever."

"Do not even say that Thorn. She is my mate and I will earn her love and trust. She will be mine." Aaron growled down the line.

"I know brother. The good news is she has been shielded from the worst of your behaviour."

"Not shielded enough. She actually pierced one of my balls with a claw and growled at me. Her words were not exactly loving."

"As Alex quoted to me I think they were something along the lines of 'When you meet your mate you shouldn't stink like another bitch's dirty cunt' Ouch."

"Well that was after she dropped to her knees in front of me, while my chin was still on the floor. The first words after she kissed me senseless and then buried her nose in my neck were 'How can my mate be the biggest manwhore in the whole damn country? I can smell at least three bitches on you.' At that stage I was still trying to decide if she had gone crazy. I've known her forever and there was no way she was my mate."

"But now you have proof she is." Thorn smiled wryly. "It isn't going to be a good week for you Aaron, you've found your mate and yet from what I hear you'll be having less sex than you've had since puberty."

"I'll prove myself and change her mind." Thorn heard the sigh through the line. "Hopefully before she permanently maims me."

"Okay, Kate is adamant she doesn't want me to pull you both from this trip, you seem to think it will be good, so as soon as you two get to Luna's mothers, contact me and we will make sure we are all on the same page."

"I think you're forgetting a step. Should I tell Kate to contact Luna?"

"Oh fuck. Yeah they can have a big girl chat, squeal at each other and stuff. But if Luna senses Kate is unhappy the plan is done for, it is essential if you guys want to continue with the mission Luna thinks it is good for Kate to spend time with you and her family."

"Big brother you're in good hands. Kate has already made it clear the only reason she is putting up with me at the moment is this mission. There is no way she will jeopardise it."

"Yeah, yeah, it wouldn't be anything to do with the mating pull at all."

"Thank God for the damn mating pull, because I need every advantage I can get."

"You'll both be fine, but if I don't get back home soon Luna will beat me there and I won't be home to see her reaction to you and Kate."

"I'll ask Kate very nicely not to ring until you give her the go ahead. Can you believe I have a mate? Alex can't stop laughing, but seriously I cannot wait till it's his turn. I have never felt so bloody complete, and we haven't even ... well you know."

"I know. Go see her. I'll catch you both later." Thorn disconnected the call and linked to Rose "I've been speaking to Aaron, our brother is already coming around to the news. How have the wedding plans been coming along?"

"Thorn she is definitely over the reluctance. In fact we have achieved more today than I ever dreamed we would. She has basically picked the cake, the bridesmaid's dresses are sorted, and we go to see the dressmaker in a couple of days. The flowers are so beautiful and the florist we spoke to today said they were a great choice and perfect for this time of year."

"So the wedding nerves are gone? That is great news. I did not want a reluctant bride."

"I don't think being your bride was the problem. Thorn she told us a bit about her childhood today. That young woman has been through so much crap, and then some. If you do find her father can you make sure he is absolutely worthy of her, and if not leave him, leave him wherever he is?"

"He will not be allowed anywhere near my mate unless he is the father she needs. Rose I just feel there is something more to this story."

"Okay, so you find her dad, we'll keep working on the wedding, you get her pregnant with little Shannon, and we can all live happily ever after. By the way I know Lex and Gem were taking Luna out this afternoon but they were very secretive about something. You better keep an eye on those girls Thorn, or you'll be an alpha in name only. I think they plan to become very instrumental in the future of the pack."

"I have it on good authority the pack is in for many years of great blessings and joy. According to Mel and Harmony, Luna and her group of merry wolves are going to be the key to most of it. But I promise I will always be the alpha."

"Yeah, yeah, I get the feeling the alpha will do anything his wife asks, and once you have a few little girls begging daddy you'll be a big softy."

"Clearly you are not as smart as you think. My Little One would not love and respect a weak man. She likes me dominant and demanding."

"Isn't that lucky then, as you have a tendency to be a stubborn ass some days, and a control freak the rest of the time" Rose laughed at her brother's growl.

"Well since you don't appreciate my skills as an alpha, maybe you'll be blessed with a mate from far away, that drags you off over his shoulder and teaches you the obedience and respect you lack."

"Mate? Are you crazy? I'm not mating anyone. You men all think we can't live without you. I loved my Shannon, but I haven't met a man since that could even stir my libido, let alone my heart. I'll stick to self-pleasure, good books and chocolate."

"Oh fuck Rose, I did not need to hear that."

"Love you too, brother dear. Now get out of that office and get home. Your mate is going to be wanting to tell you all about today. You will listen intently and show interest in every detail, or I will kick your ass."

"It's my wedding, of course I'm interested. Hey, Rose, thanks for helping Luna today."

"You're very welcome. I thought it would be hard when she wasn't interested. Now that she is clearly embracing it, we had a great day. I can't wait to meet up again."

"Okay, I'm going home to hear all the details."

***

Luna and Gem were in Luna's little car heading towards Gemma's apartment. "So do you think he'll like them?"

"Of course he will, it is such a lovely idea Luna."

"I've taken so many photos to send Kate. I'm a little worried about her. She seemed to really be struggling with something when I popped into Thorn's head. I don't want to add more pressure to her but I want her included."

Luna was interested to hear Gem's opinion but even more importantly, when she called Kate later tonight she hoped she could get her friend to confide in her. She had been there for her so much, it was time Luna returned the love.

"Honey, she will kill you if you don't include her in everything. I know you are worried about her but I also know as soon as she is ready to tell anyone what is going on you will be first on the list. I got a weird little thing this morning from her. There was an element of happy excitement, then shock, and then she slammed the link closed tighter than a ducks arse."

"Today was so much fun Gem. I'm really looking forward to going to the wedding site with Thorn tomorrow. I'll take a ton of photos so we can plan everything. I am going to need to get a scrapbook or something to keep track of all of this and then I can keep it."

"I knew you would get into this as soon as we got started. I will grab a nice book tomorrow as a wee gift and we can scrapbook together."

"Gem, you don't have to get me a book. But I'd love the help with making the scrapbook, you have lovely handwriting."

"I'm getting the book LJ, so just learn to say thank you. I'll bring my calligraphy pens too. Just let me know when you want to do it."

"Okay so it won't be tomorrow, I'll get in touch with you the following day and we can make a plan."

***

"Thorn are you home?" LJ called out as she entered his place.

"Yes, patiently waiting for my hello kiss." Thorn came towards her grinning "Or leftover cake samples?"

"Oh, I never brought home any cake for you just some red velvet for me." Luna grinned back, and then launched herself into his arms for her welcome home kiss.

"Easy tiger." He laughed then gave her the kiss she hunted. "Looks like someone is happy." He lowered her to the ground, her body brushing against his till her feet touched the floor.

"Thorn you won't believe how much we have organised today. Our wedding is going to be so beautiful. I have a pile of photos, do you want to see?"

"Of course I do. Oh you know I picked a flavour of cake too right?"

"Yes, Gem let me know, I picked three more. Smooth, rich chocolate. Moist sweet red velvet, with cream cheese filling. Light and fruity vanilla and mango."

"Sounds delicious. So after you left Rose where did you three troublemakers go?"

"Rose ratted me out?"

"Of course not, I was chatting to her and realised you had been gone longer than I expected, yet you didn't beat me home."

"Well I had an idea. If we got wedding rings what would happen every time we change?"

"Some wolves have rings for their human lives, special occasions etc, they leave them at home the rest of the time."

"I don't want to be a part-time wife, or have a part-time husband. I went to a tattoo parlour." Luna pulled up a photo on her phone. "The tattooist and I designed these, do you want to get a little ink together?" Luna smiled at Thorn as his eyes flashed with emotion and approval.

"Baby, I would love to get inked with you. I love these designs. The Celtic knot." He traced the design with his finger smiling. "Will we get them before the ceremony?"

"He recommended two days before so they looked nice on the day but we wouldn't have to be hiding them from the world for too long."

"Then that is what we'll do. Luna, this is such a beautiful idea. If this is a sign of how many wonderful things you have planned for our wedding, I know I am going to love them all."

"Okay well take a seat and I will show you, but if you get sick of me talking about it, or showing you photos, just tell me to stop."

"Tell me everything." He sat down and she moved beside him.

***

Only when he had admired all of her efforts of the day did Thorn let Kate know she was ready for her to call. It was only seconds after the nod from her alpha when the phone rang.

"Hello." Thorn picked up the phone "Oh Kate, how are you?"

"I'm good Thorn, I really need to talk to LJ though, is she there?" Luna was already reaching for the phone.

Thorn teasingly held it out of reach, "I don't know Kate, we have, my bride-to-be and I, so much to do tonight." Luna glared at him and then attacked. Thorn laughed as he found himself laying sprawled on the couch his mate taking the phone with a sparkle in her eyes. "I guess I'll go start on dinner, while you chat to your bff." There was just one problem with this plan. Luna still had him at a disadvantage. "Does my karate queen want to allow me up?"