All Comments on 'Thoughts on 'Safe, Sane, Consensual'

by slutty_jannelle

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
cawastedyouthcawastedyouthover 16 years ago
Thank you!

I have vaguely referred to SSC in my own BDSM stories. I think you do a wonderful job of summing it all up to help give authors who are just dabbling in the fringes of BDSM. SSC is not possible unless both (or more) partners agree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Darling you have every right to write what you

want. And every reader has every right to question and comment on any and everything you say. You seem to think safe sane and consensual are very negotiable items and once the partners have agreed it is all ok. I have two scenes for you to think of, no really three. A woman has an urge to be slaughtered and eaten, she finds a person who wants to do this and goes to him and the act is carried out. Do you believe this is safe sane and consensual? A couple is in medical play, The dom gives injections to the sub who agrees to be injected. The dom normally injects inert fluids that do no harm but in this case uses blood contaminated with HIV, is that safe sane and consensual? A Dom and sub are into knife play. He decides to really slice her up and does massive major damage to the subs body. Is that safe sane and consensual. I maintain, some people need to be controlled and that safe sane and consensual arent opened concepts. As a long time member of some BDSM groups I remember the group censuring one person who use to inflict very painful severe damage to his subs and then say well they agreed to it and I enjoyed it. Actually in all four cases described above the person isnt into BDSM or sexual acts, they are just mentally ill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Thoughtful and thought-provoking. An excellent examination of a thorny subject without too much of the analysis that can make essays like this boring.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You Are Absolutely Allowed...

...To write whatever fantasy you wish. There are many on here that explore far more explicit scenarios of their own forms of erotic depravity. I always just shake my head when someone complains... that is IF the author(ess) has tagged it well and the reader hasn't been "walked into" something they never expected. However, your "thoughts" are simply your own. SSC has, most certainly not "been around since beginning of time in some form or another" - thats ridiculous. If you want real history of S&M, and the evolution of SSC there are SO many excellent sources you could have described. Have you ever been abused by a Dom, really screwed up by them, requiring months of hospitalization, and years of therapy? Its happened so many times, but rarely gets reported or does the offender go to jail. So the community has had to police itself. SSC is one rule that came to the fore to help, and does. To brush it off as you have... well in a fantasy world its not a problem... reality requires sterner stuff. If you truly want the reality of S&M or BDSM as its new form has evolved, I would recommend another "rethink" for the sake of your own health & sanity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous