All Comments on 'Three Days At A Cottage Ch. 01'

by making_upper26

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Overall Not Bad, Some Continuity Problems

Overall not a bad story. Just take your time to iron out some of the continuity errors. The most glaring was the relationship of the women to the main character. They started out as a sister and cousin, but then they alternated from being both sisters to both cousins arbitrarily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
If you write more often...

..., you will become more comfortable with the language and will be able to write anything you want. It's kind of obvious that english isn't your first language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Praise from Virginia

I do not think stories involving incest are the best ones, but you have to begin writing somewhere and this is a good effort. Keep on writing and you will only get better and more imaginative in your story lines.

Dirty_Old_Man3Dirty_Old_Man3almost 15 years ago
Great job!

I could tell by the names of the sister (Natasha) and cousin (Svetlana) that you were Russian, plus the fact that you called them both your "sister", since most Russian families consider them as such. Unfortunately, not many Americans understand that cultural difference between us and feel that it is inconsistent. Don't be upset by others' lack of cultural knowledge, after all, that is something which helped fuel the cold war...lack of understanding. My ex-wife is Russian and my current fiance is also Russian, so I have learned many Russian cultural differences and I spotted that difference soon after reading the names and relationship references. Your story was great and your story-telling will only improve with more understanding of our cultural references like "dawn to dusk (morning to twilight)". I hope that you will write (or have written) more about this family to tell us if Natasha and her brother (or Svetlana and her cousin) created a new life on that vacation. Please keep writing and never stop learning about the culture of others. You will understand how they think and feel about others' cultures in most cases, but understand that just because some people in that culture share those feelings, there are always exceptions. Just as the Soviet government and some of its people loved communism, some Russian people abhored it and craved capitalism and freedom.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous