All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 023'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
openeyes2openeyes2about 8 years ago
A great story!

A fun read. Great action and interesting characters. I would love to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you!!!

Thank you for a really outstanding chapter!

An excellent battle and some very loving sex, combined with an advance in almost every aspect of the story. You are a truly gifted author.

I'm happy to see another bit of Jade's personality and capabilities revealed. And at the same time there are some hints of more revelations to come...

Chapeau!!!

Already aching for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
So where did the Drakkar came from??

When they entered the grey's space they were immediately hailed due to the sensors, how come the Drakkar were able to be there and ambush them??

Even more curious is the why...

Nice to read Jade taking a more active roll and developing (from only fangs to full tiger mode + finally stopped with the master thing).

It does prove me wrong that even with the armor and all the were almost beat down.

1. need armor version 2 = exo skeleton to enable hand to hand

2. helmet coming off from a fight? I'd ask for a refund

3. need to have ship AI to control things while they all fight

4. all of them almost dead = need more personal (not fuck buddies!) if they'll have another horde vs. 5

5. Jade, Jade, Jade... she is over 300 years old, make her development into becoming more independent (further away then the initial master character) and revealing more on the unknown nymph race.(Luke I am your shape-shifting father...)

My point is the 3 other are teenagers (Calara a bit over?) and sexy but still immature (relatively)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

This story just keeps getting better, looking forward to reading lots more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Story

This chapter was very good. Loved the way you expanded Jade's character. Can't wait for the next chapter in this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
one of the best

Very well written and highly entertaining.Can't wait to read the rest,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Just a guess.

First off, love your story. 5* from me. And I just have a guess as to john's race/species. He is a hybrid between a Beserkerer and a human. The beserker were a race of hyper aggressive men that took what they wanted and loved what they took. Whenever they got injured or their loved ones were in trouble, they filled with so much adrenaline that pain didn't register and their physical strength was almost unyielding, except for destroying the central nervous system they were unstoppable. This is just my guess based off all the sci-fi I have read.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

It looks like people enjoyed this chapter which is great! Combat scenes tend to take longer to write, as they involve much more involved timing and positioning, so its rewarding when you like how they came out.

Interesting comments below, but I'll refrain from answering them to avoid giving away spoilers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
you have got to get a decent AI for that ship

Being pushed out of FTL and having to wait for a human to get around to raising shields is just wrong. While we are improving ship, waiting on elevators, nope... tubes my friend, you have artificial gravity anyway, might as well use it,

p.s. Glad to see our protagonist did not much time feeling sorry for being himself.

keep up the great story

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

"Being pushed out of FTL and having to wait for a human to get around to raising shields is just wrong."

Chapter 24. ^^

I'm about half way through Chapter 25 at the moment, its been a fun one to write so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hot and awesome scenes!

The fight scenes were awesome, and sex scenes were super hot! In fact, as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't mind if this thing had a bit more girl-girl action in it. That scene when Jade nursed her female mates was both cute and very hot.

On another note, one of the reviews said that you could develop their personalities more. I might agree. Though there's nothing wrong with how they are now, it is always good when the main characters are maturing through experiences. People (WE) love to read about that. So, it would actually be even hotter if all of the girls were to slowly become more assertive - not dominant, but assertive - in their needs and wants. In fact, there is that thing when rather than just being a submissive, a girl actually teases and challenges a guy, calling him out, taking assertive actions to make HIM assert his dominance over her, grab her, throw her onto the bed and ravage her with rough sex, making her unable to do anything but enjoy it. And yeah, Telfer, let me be very VERY clear on this: girls do like a bit of rough sex, and not just once or twice; so don't shy away from it if you feel it would look good on a chapter.

If you balance these two things: if John's girls slowly begin to be more assertive and challenging through personal development - just like Alyssa was when she was angry at John and snapped at him - but at the same time wanting for John to be the alpha male, then you get the golden middle ground everyone likes to read about. There has to be a bit of playful sexy challenge, just so John is put at his place. He cannot grow as a character if his women do not grow as well, and end up being able to handle the situations John used to handle (from before his powers began manifesting).

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Interesting comment, you've given me a few things to think about for future chapters. Thanks!

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Chapter 24 is awaiting final approval and will probably be ready to read tomorrow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What about the dna error?

I can see how you might weave that in but I just wanna make sure you haven't forgotten about it.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten!

maddictmaddictabout 8 years ago
I have often thought of this.

I have often tried to get a blow job after some heavy action, she just said, are you out of your mind? But baby that will fix everything!

To be clear I like this story. The commander turned it up a notch. Johns not so anal retentive about this ship.

The brits the younger brother Harry are involed in the Invictus games for our veterans.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I like your story but I have to say that these action scenes make me feel like I'm watching some bad action movie. For example, why didn't the Drakkar simply shoot Jade and John instead of running away in terror? I doubt the both of them had suddenly become immune to physical damage.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

"why didn't the Drakkar simply shoot Jade and John instead of running away in terror?"

Morale has a huge impact on battles. John fought the Drakkar champion in single combat and brutally hacked him apart. Seeing that is going to cause panic and fear.

Jade turned into a massive tiger, three times their size. Running from something that ferocious is a natural reaction as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

you could also add something along the lines of Species Psychology being diferent

some species might react in a suicidal banzai fashion

while this one obviously panics and is unable to function due to Fear and terror

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 7 years ago
Five star

NOW THAT, is a chapter.

I only found 1 thing wrong with it. John didn't nearly resist the rather flimsy arguments Jade put forward.

She is right, but she didn't exactly do it in the most convincing way. combined with how John is, his stubborn streak for example, he gave in way to easily and just let it happen.

JC

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Jade....

.... what complexity she adds to the story. Better and better and better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
If you liked the story please support Tefler via Patreon

Telfer's 71 chapters on our collective behalf deserve to be rewarded. In addition you get to get the chapters 4-6 days early.

SkarredmindSkarredmindover 6 years ago
Great story!! But...

I'm loving these stories... but please no more "magazine clip"

John, as a marine, would know them as magazines. Clip is a different method of refilling ammo... it is commonly used incorrectly so I won't complain too much since most people just don't know. But magazine clip just makes my eye twitchy.

Otherwise, though I'm loving this!

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
RE: Skarredmind

Don't worry, someone told me off about mixing up magazines and clips later on. ;-)

I fixed it from somewhere in the mid 30's so you shouldn't see it crop up from that point onwards.

I'm just going back and re-editing all the earlier chapters at the moment for the eBook. I'll be sure to correct this terrible mistake as I go! :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

From Anonymous: "...I wouldn't mind if this thing had a bit more girl-girl action in it.

...So, it would actually be even hotter if all of the girls were to slowly become more assertive - not dominant, but assertive - in their needs and wants. In fact, there is that thing when rather than just being a submissive, a girl actually teases and challenges a guy, calling him out, taking assertive actions to make HIM assert his dominance over her, grab her, throw her onto the bed and ravage her with rough sex, making her unable to do anything but enjoy it.

If you balance these two things: if John's girls slowly begin to be more assertive and challenging through personal development - just like Alyssa was when she was angry at John and snapped at him - but at the same time wanting for John to be the alpha male, then you get the golden middle ground everyone likes to read about."

"Everyone"? Uh, no.

I sincerely hope you disregard everything said here (with the exception of giving the girls more personality), as NOT doing these things is, frankly, one of the biggest things that makes this harem story special. Please note - contrary to what this poster believes, assertiveness (read: bitchiness) is NOT the same as personality. I'll grant that the girls need more personality - something to differentiate them from one another. But this *definitely* doesn't need to come at the expense of their good nature. Frankly, I detested the way that Alyssa reacted (extremely harshly) to John taking a tactical retreat for self-reflection, but it's understandable because she's only 18... A well-balanced individual does not go *immediately* to a full on rage state if another person takes a very reasonable time-out to reflect on possible wrong-doing. The guy needed a freakin minute to get his head around what was going on. This kind of stuff is what makes good guys, good guys. Sure, if he's mopey and despondent a week later, you gotta smack him around a bit, but she went *straight* to anger at the first sign of his remorse. Really makes me wonder.

The above poster appears to want a bunch of uppity women intentionally triggering John repeatedly in order to induce the knee-jerk emergence of dominant persona resulting in rough sex and potentially even BDSM. Taken in hand kind of stuff... It really makes me wonder why they're reading this, as that's clearly not what this story is about.

Please, for the love of God, do NOT do what nearly all other harem story writers have done, and make it all about the women. I feel this story is teetering that way already, as the ladies are the only ones that are receiving any kind of development, but I love that you've kept most ("on screen") amorous encounters between John and them. When it becomes more about ladies w through z having relations with each other, it completely dominates the story, as there are so many more possible pairings there than with the singular male.

John's role on the ship is also dangerously close to irrelevant even now, what with every female being an instant expert at anything they pick up. The strength thing is interesting, but frankly, shouldn't even come into play much in a story with super powered rail guns and tactical armor capable of surviving air strikes. The entire scene in the hangar bay seems almost like it only happened to advance John's ability. When they were *really* in danger, Calara just went to the bridge and quickly destroyed the enemy ship on a whim.

As an aside, I'm also not sure why all harem writers seem to want to completely eliminate female-female jealousy. This seems somewhat contrived and actually eliminates a lot of good potential for growth on the parts of the characters. Sure, each and every one of them being staunchly monogamous would never work, but it's not unreasonable to think that one or two might still feel the sting of jealousy now and then. I kinda had to roll my eyes when Calara and Sparks were just ecstatic when they heard that Jade had initially taken Alyssa's form - the form of John's ideal for "feminine perfection". Seriously? Not even an ounce of insecurity with that? Wow.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I recognize you've posted quite a few more chapters, but I really hope this one doesn't stray from its roots. You've set up a really great formula here, I'd just like to see a bit more progression in some form of overarching plot. From here, it seems like that's kind of limited to John's origin story, which is pretty slow moving.

StaukerStaukeralmost 6 years ago
Anonymous

Wow, that's a lot of writing. Jon does progress, going from a lone trader to something else entirely more awesome. However, his core personality never really changes. The girls personality changes, always for the better, he remains a constant, unwavering in his beliefs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 stars of course

This is the best I have ever read and it's only chapter 23

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Combat paradise 🤩😜

It seems John has latent abilities he doesn't know about. Will he be able to conciously control them?

On a second point ... the Grey's seem to be reliable comrades in battle .... For a race of "scientist". Interesting to see where this leads. 🤔

ereaderlereaderlabout 3 years ago

Wow! Excellent.

I'm waiting for them to investigate the DNA changes, since they can no longer open the airlock.

Only Alyssa was changed before her DNA was coded in. Will they be able to analyze the changes from before? since the Ship knows their original DNA. Hopefully you will get back to that thread.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Okay, it was a great chapter, so this is just a minor gripe,.. I spent 20 years in the U.S. military,.. and there seemed to be medical kits of one size or another almost every where,.. Now shame on Dana for neglecting a first aid kit when throwing her new Engineering bay together,.. but some bandages and anti-biotics would have helped Dana's hard head,.. maybe some pain meds,.. maybe a few other things,.. until help arrived,.. ;-) TTFN

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 2 years ago

Never saw a green tiger. I hope I never see one. But I can tell you anyhow. I would rather see than be one. Just a bad joke on Ogden Nash. Great chapter I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm glad that Jade put John's guilt to rest, I'd hate there to be like sixty more chapters before he's finally over it

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Dang! but wasn't Jade the real hero of this chapter... a 3-meter-long green tiger... cum / vat - Miracle potion delivery system.... And she was a very decent councilor for John when he really needed it... Jade needs a medal for her heroism today! but I'm sure she'd take a night with her Master instead... ;-) TTFN

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

That's why they need Rachel. Great instalment but still intrigued as to how vessels can be tracked and pulled out of hyper-warp.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

The JADE TIGER, ... our heroine this chapter, .... ;-) TTFN

ranec1ranec1about 1 year ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Hit... blue..."

ranec1ranec19 months ago
WHERE IS IT!!

patiently waiting for the yellow N

Demented917Demented9176 months ago

That ambush due to a failure of the Commander.

In unfriendly territory, and no bridge watch set.

Weapons not stowed correctly.

Court Marshall if he was still in the Navel Service.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith5 months ago

Jade the Tiger and the Nurse, .... a smart beauty too, ... ;-) ttfn

Ronin646Ronin6464 months ago

Just had a thought about this chapter. What if John was comatose and in the hospital. All this is a dream, and he's controlling every step of the way. Isn't it ironic that the Drakkar show up when the girls are furious with him and what his cum did to them. Jade did make some good arguments afterwards though. One chapter done, 100+ to go. What will happen next?

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith2 months ago

Wow, John has a small crew, but they are all exceptional, ... and Jade becoming a huge green Tiger is just amazing, ... and Dana is awesome with all she builds for them and fixes, ... our Calara is a tactical genius, incredibly accurate shooting too, ... And the telepathic Alyssa, his soulmate, ... yeah, they're quite a crew, ... and now he'll really start to upgrade his ship to match their 'Awesomeness', ... stay tuned for lots more sex and fun, ... ;-) ttfn

laughdruidlaughdruidabout 1 month ago

So John says at the end of the last chapter ( what is every one gonna do today ). Dana says I have to finish converting the rifles, assemble the racks and finish the armor, John replies with " who wants to go swimming". The next chapter they get attacked, boarded and no modified rifles, or armor available . The girls always seem involved in important stuff while John plays or interrupts and wants to chat.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES