All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 031'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
No story advancement

I feel that although this chapter was well written, it didn't really go anywhere seeing as it didn't even end with them coming into land on the planet to meet the parents. It's a bit of a failure with regards to plot continuation I feel if the most entertaining thing that happened this chapter is that jade turns into a tiger and plays with a metal ball. Personally this chapter wasn't worth reading 5 pages about how they feel about each other and that It could have been summed up in 2 . Here to hoping that the next chapter sees them actually doing something pertaining to the plot. But we'll done on writing it, guess I'm just more of a story fan haha

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

This chapter was about wrapping up a few loose ends and just letting the crew relax with "normal" domestic life, while they aren't rushing around saving the day.

I could have just skipped over the journey back from ashanath territory, but there were a few things I wanted to explore, while it was nice and peaceful.

I'm nearly done with chapter 32 which is about their visit with Calara's family. Chapter 33 is going to be focused on the Dragon March...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
just a comment

Whenever i see another chapter added it makes my day, loving every new piece you add. I love the interactions between the characters, and while the plot didn't advance i can see why you are doing it at a slow rate, as becoming OP in a short time is very lack luster, so side stepping around the universe and experiencing things that the universe has to offer is something that i think you should continue to do. I find alien races interesting, and love how you added in the psi tech , (I have played alot of eve online and i must say that space sims are my fav. so i love fictional space races and how they interact).

Just some idea's , john interacting with a alien race centered around trading might be interesting , and i am a big fan of AI , so a sexy android (prob pushing my luck here haha) would be a fun addition.

Possibly getting some more rare elements could be a cool adventure , stretch out the milestones between major upgrades, and make them feel like a major accomplishment for the team.

The ship John is flying reminds me of the Legion if you have played eve online ( the legion is one of my fav ships :D )

If you ever need a hand in the last battle in your story don't forget to light the cyno, ESCALATION TIME.

From a big fan - Drednoreth

cayoviolistcayoviolistabout 8 years ago
Story Advancement Takes Many Forms

Anonymous, you really should study up on the different types of story advancement. What Tefler was doing in this chapter is called "character development," and is usually considered an important thing to do in modern fiction. It helped draw out how the events you (and I) like so much are changing the characters. I'd definitely read more chapters like this, but hopefully with many more parts advancing the action as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for this hot chapter!!

After all the planning and fighting and the revelation about John's descendance, some "peace and quiet" time filed with hot, loving sex was very welcome. It is wonderful to read how the members of the team come up with ideas for themselves and eachother to experiment with and expand their capabilities.

And although we know the next chapter will be about the visit to Calara's family, I can't wait to find out what new twists and turns the plot will take.

Please continue writing this story (in your own way!!!) for a long, long, long time...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
my thoughts

Jade - Feline ancestry will work to explain the previous chapters "killer instincts".

I do hope when they get to a water world she'll be able to adopt a Mako shark or a Baracuda form.

Alyssa - psi power increasing so I hope for the more active possibilities such as mind control?

Dana - beside waiting for the next alien race encounter and new tech she is behind the rest of the girls (apart for the submissive part increasing)

Calara - already a "human computer" and starting to fight so shiuld play a large part in future battles.

John - learn to use the sword as suggested, get more legacy upgrades

Other crew - we are en-route for Rachel, personally I don't want another 36-24-36, this is the chance to surprise again. and we still need more fighting power, some android (like Andromeda/romy?) or just use some androgynous (so they'll be no more bed mates) willing aliens, like John could save them from a dying planet..or some other reason to win their allegiance.

Secrets - by my count 1. the dark ship (most likely Progenitors) and enemies 2. John's dreams 3. after the last battle it seems John and Dana "sucked" energy from the other girls to heal faster.

Will keep checking daily for next chapter.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 8 years ago
A quiet chapter.

Slow paced, but with further character development. I'm eager to read about Calara's family.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Some more interesting comments, thanks for those!

"hopefully with many more parts advancing the action as well."

I know you guys love the action! I'll be ramping things up pretty soon, so hopefully that should be an entertaining read.

"i am a big fan of AI "

I was initially opposed to the idea, but I'm starting to warm to it. Dana did have a few side projects she's been working on...

"I can't wait to find out what new twists and turns the plot will take."

There's still a few more tricks up my sleeve. ;-)

"Dana - beside waiting for the next alien race encounter and new tech she is behind the rest of the girls"

Thanks for your summary. These kind of comments are actually very helpful, as it lets me know at a glance if it seems like I've been neglecting anyone. I've got quite a bit planned for Dana, but some of that won't be for a few chapters or so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

A great story , something that truly is a work of art , I wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent R&R chapter

I especially like the increase in submission and power-play. It doesn't quite fit any of the current harem (yet), but perhaps there could be another conquest who craves complete submission to her master- at least until the other girls help John to bring her out of her shell.

FatherSinFatherSinabout 8 years ago
Hide in plain sight

These are possibly the biggest reveals yet. How can people go "Not much in this chapter." or did they not read the same things I did. Too subtle?

1 How much did the Ashanath provide but they had something even bigger - too big for them to share yet.

2 Jade is breaking her conditioned limits. She was in a fog for hundreds of year and she is waking up. She has telepathic ability it seems and is becoming more free so she might have powers as well as Alyssa.

3 Alyssa found the Psi Shaper easier to use to the point where her power was fine but the shaper nearly snapped. I am betting that is not supposed to happen so she has gone from powerful to what would be off the charts for the experienced Ashanath Psionicists.

4 Calara was actually surprised when John beat her. How much confidence is that compared to the girl that screamed with fear at punks that tried to mug and molest her.

5 Dana wants to take John's name. That is such a big deal that it is crazy how low key it came out. The idea of marriage came up again so that will probably happen before they are all pregnant.

I suppose none of those things that came out will make much difference - <snicker.>

FatherSinFatherSinabout 8 years ago
Just as an add to big reveals-

So Jade might be Psionic?

*** Spoiler thought ***

If Jade is Psionic what is her most practiced Psionic power?

Shapechange.

So Alyssa can probably learn to shapechange, and John when he opens his own Psionic Powers.

I suspect that John is next after Alyssa trains the psionic power in Jade.

I even suspect that it might be strategy.

Alyssa wants Jade as a powerful psionic ally in the team before John is loose.

There may be a reason he has suppressed his power.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
On reading comments

Boy, oh boy. I like this story, but the comments are als worth reading, not only I can see what I am missing, but wat can be expected IF the author is on the same track...

Discussion and suspence about when a chapter is published, rereading the story with the comments, just a treat.

Tefler, please keep writing the chapters; I will watch this story, just because a chapter is a present in itself.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor
Just submitted chapter 32

So expect that probably after the weekend.

Some interesting observations from FatherSin as usual. You picked up most the things I'd snuck into this chapter. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Family

Not to mention the in-law family as potential crew.

DevilishDog8597DevilishDog8597about 8 years ago
AMAZING!

I eagerly await the next chapter! Your storytelling talent is amazing.

Terra_LupisTerra_Lupisabout 8 years ago
Thankful for R&R

Another incredible chapter, nice to see the pace settle down a bit after all the action with the Ashanath and the Drakkar. Have been rereading previous chapters and have two questions;

You mentioned a couple of times now after John's finishes pummelling one of the girls in the ass that they walk into a bathroom with a bloated belly full of cum and then return several minutes later flat as a tack, what do they do with all that excess cum?

Also when on Ashana for the first time Dana tells the Ashanath to store some of the Drakkar corpses in the Med Bay for further analysis, is there also some Kirrix corpses in there from their previous incursion?

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor
In response to Terra Lupis

I'm glad you enjoyed the change of pace, it was a fun chapter to write.

To answer your two questions:

1) The human girls can't absorb his cum that way, so when he gives them a turbo enema, a few minutes later they feel an urgent desire to... lighten the load, and get rid of it how you'd expect.

2) "Dana tells the Ashanath to store some of the Drakkar corpses in the Med Bay for further analysis, is there also some Kirrix corpses in there from their previous incursion?"

In-universe answer: No. She hadn't thought about studying them further at that point, as she had too many other interesting alien devices to investigate for the first time (the Kirrix dropship, their armour and their weapons). Having the undamaged Drakkar corpses suspended in the water made her think of saving some for later research.

In-reality answer: The above statement was my thinking when I wrote each chapter, because: I was unsure about adding a medic at the time when they first met the Kirrix, having been warned by lots of people about adding too many crewmembers. With the new change in direction, it would make sense to have had her also keep a Kirrix corpse for later study, but that would mean rewriting the earlier chapters.

There's plenty of Kirrix in the galaxy though, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see some more of them. They can bag another corpse to study later, should that happen. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
dream

I dreamed that your new chapter was out, and that there were only 2 pages. I was like: Only 2 pages for meeting the in-laws?

In-laws or not, I was sad there were only 2 pages.

Thank you for your stories, I enjoy them :)

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Sadly you don't have the gift of foresight with your dreams. :-)

Chapter 32 is nearly 15k words long, which is usually five pages. The Chapter is just awaiting final approval, so will almost certainly be up either later tonight, or tomorrow morning.

I'm just finishing off Chapter 33, which is an action packed shootathon. Hopefully you'll enjoy that too. I'll submit it in a couple of days once I've finished editing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Invictium armor

Are you trying to recreate power armor from fallout 4............

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

"Are you trying to recreate power armor from fallout 4"

No, I haven't played that one. My personal favourite is Fallout 2, but Fallout:New Vegas was great too.

I've been familiar with the concept of Power Armour since the 80's, first with the WH40k games and then with the original XCOM.

dHt55dHt55about 8 years ago
Invictium Armour

The reason I ask is that you say the armor melds around their body and they just step into it. Watch a clip of getting into the fallout 4 power armour and you will understand.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Ah, I watched a YouTube clip and I see what you mean!

No, that's pure coincidence, but it's similar to what I had in mind. For the phalanx armour the back plates are fixed to the frame and then the front is fitted around them, rather than entering from the back, but it's the same sort of idea.

dHt55dHt55about 8 years ago
Invictius

In Latin Invictus literally means undefeatable. I guess that means he is undefeatable.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

I believe Invictus means "Unconquered" rather than "Unconquerable", which is a subtle but important difference.

foolscapfoolscapabout 8 years ago
Invictus BY WILLIAM ERNEST HENLEY

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate,

I am the captain of my soul.

dHt55dHt55about 8 years ago
Invictus

Sry I was wrong. I actually Majored in Latin I should know better. *Face Palm*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Is Alyssa rebellious or just strong willed or both?

Have John and the crew become adrenaline junkies looking for the next fight?

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

"Bonding" was established in this chapter... I'd forgotten it was the psi-latent Nymph who was first! A good catch up and rest chapter, with many little glimpses into the future... thanks... ;-) TTFN

Marklynda2Marklynda2almost 2 years ago

Here kitty, kitty, kitty!

Gotta love a giant cat that plays like a kitten. Definitely loved this chapter. The ever deepening bond that all the members are experiencing is exciting. Also nice not to having to fight for their lives is refreshing. On to the "in-law" meeting, lol. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Which will prove to be more dangerous ... Drakkar raiders or the Hernandez family 🤔

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

I think Calara's mother will see through them all and say something as they leave?

texstertexsterabout 1 year ago
Is he?

Is he…is he gonna fuck that tiger?

Maybe my mind is seriously warped, but that was the first thing that came to it when Jade changed into a tiger while at peace. Again, not that kind of story…or is it?

I enjoyed this transition chapter…not a ton of action but plenty of exposition. It doesn’t work as well as an opening chapter of a book - I think I would have had this be the last chapter of the 3rd novel and then start the 4th with the next chapter (at least I think, since I haven’t read 32 yet).

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

Psychic 'Bonding', .... Invictium vs Allysium, .... lots and lots of sex, .... nice chapter, ... ;-) TTFN

ranec1ranec112 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"You lucky son of a bitch,"

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith11 months ago

And now ... the Fernandez incident? ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

I like Invictium over Alyssium, ... but then again, I can see why that name has some meaning, .... maybe Invictium white? '-) ttfn

ranec1ranec19 months ago
WHERE IS IT!!

patiently waiting for the yellow N

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith5 months ago

*** Spoiler Alert *** do not read this if you want to stay clueless on up-coming alloy naming events: So. Invictium vs Alyssium, .... or black vs white alloy, .... I can understand going with Alyssium for the improved version of the psychically manipulated alloy, ... because in later chapters they develop another, even stronger alloy they will name Crystal Alyssium or CA for short, ... so for now we are stuck with Alyssium, .... but I wish we could have kept Invictium or even Invictium white, ... oh well, .... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith2 months ago

Okay, chapter #31 is the one where Calara builds the big cat toy for Jade tiger to play with, ... This is my umpteenth reread of TSM and I don't ever recall it being used / played with again, ... Hey Tef, how about a room or two onboard the Invictus (500 meters long) dedicated to big cat things? There should be lots of space available still, ... and that's for you Jade, ... ;-) ttfn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES