All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 073'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 140 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Awesome Job

Awesome job as usual, anxiously awaiting for the next one.

Thanks,

Jason

AnonymousLuciferAnonymousLuciferabout 7 years ago
Awesome chapter

Already read it on patreon just come here give story five stars

LucivarSDLucivarSDabout 7 years ago
Ditto!

Can't wait for the next chapter! Thanks, Tefler!

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks guys!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!

I finished Chapter 74 yesterday, and I'm just editing it at the moment! :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Hmmm cliffhanger again

I hope the next chapter will be longer tefler this was a little shorter than I have been used to from you man

Btw the chapter was good but you have written better tefler

I hope the next chapter will be better

ExisaelExisaelabout 7 years ago
Tashana

I really hope the situation with Tashana gets resolved soon. Other than that, good chapter. Just a little short :( Lets hope 74 comes quicker than this one did.

big65dawguwbig65dawguwabout 7 years ago
Tashana

Another excellent Chapter Tefler 5 stars .. I'm a little worried about Tashana & her anger issues . While she has reasons for her anger at her Mom & Sister & to fear the "evil Progenetor " but that she is willing to burn up his Thralls( who in her mind are helpless slaves) & everyone on the station is troubling . Is it because of the her brain tumor getting worse ? I realize what's she's been through has changed her from her sweet innocent girl she was but she didn't seem this bad before in her intro chapter .She has had moments of seeming more like her old self ( with the young innocent Valani)but If she is degenerating this fast John, Alyssa & Edraele had better get cracking before she follows her grandmother in burning herself up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Terrific Chapter

This was a terrific chapter, in more ways than one! This tension with Tashana is really playing out well.

Misery781Misery781about 7 years ago
Great chapter!

Proving yet again why We all should support Tefler on his patreon page. The chapters come out faster and faster.

Can't get enough, thanks Tefler

FatherSinFatherSinabout 7 years ago
Ten things that would have made this chapter awesomeness

These chapters with less action are always paled by comparison to big space battles.

As a service to fans here are ten things that were considered for this chapter and rejected. ;)

1. The Maliri attack the Kintark, just to provide big space battles.

2.The Brimorians attack the Terrans just to provide big space battles.

3 Drakkar Raiders eat the population of a Terran colony world just to provide life and death struggle.

4.The Kirrix turn Karron into a nursery. Just so Seb Mortimer could get an Ovipositor injection up his lowest gut.

5. Damn - can't say because might be a spoiler.

6 Damn - can't say because might be a spoiler.

7 Damn - can't say because might be a spoiler.

8 Damn - can't say because might be a spoiler.

9 Damn - can't say because might be a spoiler.

10 Definitely a spoiler so really can't tell you.

Actually a couple of the ones that I revealed might be spoilers so ignore all of them.

Well crap. That was not very helpful. Sorry.

There is a ton of development so there needs to be several chapters. Boring by comparison? Nope. The exciting stuff is not nearly as interesting without the anticipation. These chapters make the fast and crazy stuff because if everything is fast and crazy that means that is normal. Longer would make "boring" chapters seem tedious instead of teasing.

If the less exciting chapters leave you longing for an action packed chapter...

Bwaaaa Ha Ha Ha! The plan is working perfectly!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Building a universe

As always you are adding to your universe in place, people, tech, and backstory.

Was wondering how john was going to react to the way ruling leadership had been consolidated with assassination and loved the way he was thinking about them taking apart the ship even if it is to improve it. (I swear I told maintenance "don't fuck up my shit, I like it the way it is" every time we had to let them "upgrade" or do maintenance that was beyond recommended operator level.

Keep it up.

JWC86

DireApostasyDireApostasyabout 7 years ago
Tashana

I have to say, I'm finding it really weird how ridiculously inattentive John & co are being with Tashana. Leaving aside the whole thing where she's apparently now plotting to kill them all, plus enormous amounts of innocents, their rescue and subsequent trip revealed how unbalanced she is. Yet their only nod towards observation was a naive AI who doesn't know what to even watch for. They're prety much begging for her to do something disastrous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow

First time reader. Have just caught up to the current. Wow. I can't believe what I'm reading; simply stunning plot.

StormtouchedStormtouchedabout 7 years ago
If you stop...

.... I will hunt you down, and when you're finished you need to put this story on Amazon so i can buy it coz it's brilliant

gregsjlngregsjlnabout 7 years ago
Tashana

As was said in another comment, consider that she's been through I thought John and most Irrillith would have paid more attention to Tashana. Even with the refit going on, it's hard to understand them having a damaged person running free.

gregsjlngregsjlnabout 7 years ago
up up and away

Forgot to say great work keep it up, patiently waiting

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well I see Tashana is all the trouble I thought she would be

I agree that it seems a little strange how little the gang is paying to what had been their single focus just a short time ago. Although she has not made it easy for them to get even remotely close to her. I am surprised that Rachel wasn't a little more attentive knowing that she has the tumor and how it effected both her mother and grandmother. Right now everything in Maliri space has just gone up in the air and with the current state of things little miss T has ample possibilities to upend things set back even the good things that have happened. Sometimes although I always thought the John's struggle against his 'progenitor' self is a large part of the whole of the plot, l feel he has really woren that groove out. Yes he has a few times in the past given to Pro John but he really has far more fought it off and shown great love and care. This time out because he has held off doing what needed done soonest the whole plot is hanging on a thread and the chance to save the Maliri and our gang from a very uncivil war. It also gives the Mal'nearek an open chance to stir up a real mess some where else in the galaxy. Well now we pace the floor and where out the site looking for the next chapter. Read this thing from the first chapter and have loved it through three times now. One the best writers I've ever read.

Soreirei

FatherSinFatherSinabout 7 years ago
Tashana has been given a little time

Tashana has been given a little space and time.

Being safe is a huge adjustment for her and it has only been a few days.

A week or even a month is too soon to expect her to calm down even a little.

The urge to fix somebody that is not inclined to let you help them is completely toxic. Unless they lock her up they almost have to leave her alone.

It is a case of what Tashana needs being given preference even though it hurts them all to see her hurting. They are actually being decent about not being offended by being basically told by Tashana "Fuck off and leave me alone!"

Thatoneguy1218Thatoneguy1218about 7 years ago
Chapter 74

Thank God there's patreon...... I dunno how long I would be a la to wait for 74. Just subscribed myself. Can't wait Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
John considering kingship

Enjoyable read as always. However, it feels very out of character for John to even entertain the thought of being a king so shortly after hearing about Edraele's schemes. Especially considering that that his sovereignty would be paved with blood of the matriarchs and their children. This should feel more like something his Progenitor-side would do. Even if he can possibly do a lot of good as a king, I honestly thought he would have been horrified and refused outright.

To other commenters discussing Tashana roaming the station freely: She might be under some surveillance even if we don't know about it yet.

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
john ?

Well i dont think it bother john to much the batty boss ladys got murdered as he basically done that with hades the kinkark upper caste. The things that bothers him are that it was done under his name without him knowing it, second is the power given to him as his been a nomad for over 11 years

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

As usual another great story

Ed Parachini

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
As Always Great

Thought I'd get rid of the review in the title so that I can ask a question,

How long are you going to torture poor Tsarra Perfaren, there she is all alone without a singly idea about John. The poor girl knows nothing.

At the moment I think all it would take is the correctly worded investigation and she'd be wiling to visit. Maybe bringing some friends with her as well.

Then again she could be seen as a route of escape by an even more desperate and possibly frustrated Tashana. The two of them getting into such a panic.

But I still think the invite with the illusion of pressure might be best, unless John can be persuaded to visit in person.

Of course that's just a thought.

jlmnjlmnabout 7 years ago
strange

I have to say, this chapter makes our heroes seem kinda, well, dumb.

First, Edraele leaves Tsarra Perfaren sweating for weeks with the combined navies at her borders, instead of trying to negotiate a treaty to bring her into the club. That is at least explainable if Edraele was planning to take John with her to the negotiations for additional leverage. (Funny how John isn't scheduled to be doing much while they work on the ship, other than getting sucked off by the better part of a thousand engineers...)

But then, they don't say anything at all to Edraele about Tashana being off her nut, and maybe you should keep a quiet eye on her. Granted, this is a highly anticipated reunion all around, but they jump straight from "Hi" to "lets screw" without even much in the way of pleasantries, and then ignore her for a day. They could have slipped a quick "She's lost her marbles" in there somewhere. I'm sure Edraele has plenty to do, but I would have expected fixing her relationship with Tashana to be high on her priorities list too.

The only thing that might save them is Tashana trying to warn off Valani Naestina. At best, she'll speak to her fellow new matriarchs, they'll talk to Edraele, and Tashana will get some psychiatric treatment. At worst, Valani gets spooked, and she and the others pull out of the alliance, leaving the Maliri worse off than they were before. Then Tashana gets away, stirs up rebellion on Valaden, and either accidentally or deliberately (enemy of my enemy style) ends up a thrall of the BSP.

Oh, and they left a fully tooled battle station on the borders of Maliri space a couple chapters back. Granted, they didn't know how powerful it was. But the best case scenario is that a new group of pirates take it over and it goes back to being exactly the same hell hole they just cleaned up. Worst case is, actually pretty much exactly what happened. Some new, technologically advanced and previously unknown civ moves in with a ready made fort to cause trouble, if not full scale war, for the Maliri. They couldn't spare a couple mass driver shells to eliminate the continued pirate problem, or worse, that station represented? Well, maybe this will give them a chance to pick up a red skinned babe. I don't recall any orange or yellow skinned (no, Sakura does NOT count) humanoids yet, but maybe they're out there somewhere and John will get to taste the rainbow.

At least John took the Matriarch's murders seriously. Even then, it seems like he's coming around to accepting it pretty easily.

(Yes, I realize addressing things before they spin out of control isn't dramatic. It's still dumb.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Juan is right

I honestly hatef this chapter. I know you're in a rush to get somethings done and also include the feedback and discussions here and on patreon but the pandering ruined the story and now it feels forced. A lot of stupid decisions have been made and a lot of stupid justifications too. John should man up and do what needs doing and Talhaiarn can't be let loose a much and they seem so oblivious. And whatever happened to the contract on John plus the massive complex that underworld is.? This chapter felt like rushed filler. Just saying. WHITEWHALEHUNTER

badest1jbadest1jabout 7 years ago
Not your best chapter.

Not your best chapter. Tashana left hanging, a lot of unnecessary agonising from John and too much sex obscuring the plot. This chapter didn't advance the story much in my opinion...... that said i appreciate the effort you've put into the story tefler and the great story and universe you're building. Keep up the good work

gomjjnzgomjjnzabout 7 years ago
Nice chapter - for why?

I enjoyed this chapter. I was wondering how John would react to Edraele's murderous behavior, and the partial resolution was an ingenious one. The chapter also well represented the fundamental eroticism of this story in my view: extremely capable, intelligent women being extremely sexually submissive. It also illustrated how guilt causes people to behave in irrational, even negligent ways. You don't need to look far into the current state of politics (especially SJW identity politics) to see that phenomenon IRL. Finally, regarding the kingship issue, two words: constitutional monarchy.

hardheadd1hardheadd1about 7 years ago
Thanks

Another great chapter in my opinion. I figured John was going to freak out about what was going on. Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to the next installment.

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Interesting feedback everyone!

Chapter 74 is done, and I'm just wrapping up editing on that one at the moment. I'll aim to post it on Patreon tomorrow, all being well, then with the moderation delay it should be up on literotica early next week!

It'll be interesting to see what you make of Chapter 75, which concludes this particular plot arc! :-)

Tefler

masteraaronh74masteraaronh74about 7 years ago
like the story

john needs to get a hold Tashana. Before she does something really stupid like run. And get caught by the real progenitor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Confused

Did I miss an explanation as to how it only takes one dose of cum to change the Maliri, when Irilith took three doses, and they recently mentioned that Tashana would too? Also, how do new thralls get assigned to one matriarch or the other?

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
Tefler

"It'll be interesting to see what you make of Chapter 75, which concludes this particular plot arc! :-)"

so prepare for more whiney comments after chapter 74 then because things still haven't been resolved quickly enough for the impatient and anonymous?

I'm stunned that people think Tashana's not being watched, This is the main Milari shipyard, for the most paranoid backstabbing race in the galaxy, and people think they aren't being watched? here would be cameras and sensors everywhere in that place, apart from anything else, firstly she's high up the line of succession, secondly she's back from exile & could be out for revenge. whilst the Milari aren't unified, Edraele is still threatened, (and maybe once they are she still will be) she may be distracted by John, but she's not stupid, and you don't get to survive as matriarch for decades without basic self preservation. and that should mean a beady eye being kept on her.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
@jlmn

“I have to say, this chapter makes our heroes seem kinda, well, dumb.”

I am not sure I agree.

“First, Edraele leaves Tsarra Perfaren sweating for weeks with the combined navies at her borders, instead of trying to negotiate a treaty to bring her into the club.”

You have obviously never interrogated anyone. Making them panic for weeks if you have overwhelming power applied to the situation is almost always a wise course of action. By the time it is over with, they will jump at almost any resolution you present because their fears have gotten the best of them.

“But then, they don't say anything at all to Edraele about Tashana being off her nut”

Exactly how are they supposed to know that? I mean, they realize she is scared off her rocker with John being Progenitor, which is understandable. And they know she is very angry with Irillith, which again is understandable. But what exactly would let them know she was unstable?

“they jump straight from "Hi" to "lets screw" without even much in the way of pleasantries, and then ignore her for a day.”

Um...Part of a night and morning. She said she needed to rest. As for the other, yeah, that is pretty normal for lovers who have been separated for a while. I was part of a military family growing up...so that is more normal than you might imagine.

“I'm sure Edraele has plenty to do, but I would have expected fixing her relationship with Tashana to be high on her priorities list too.”

Yeah, not like she had a bonding crisis to work through, a welcome home baby thing to work through, a let's get the ship upgraded issue to work through, or the upset from John's reaction to her surprise to work through. And Tashana said she forgave her and wanted to rest....sooooo what is the problem here? Why is this a dumb thing?

“Oh, and they left a fully tooled battle station on the borders of Maliri space a couple chapters back. Granted, they didn't know how powerful it was.”

Exactly: It is a 10+ millennia old Space Station (not Battle Star) which they already easily disabled. Why would they think anything different? And the took out all the major ships in the area to boot. Why is that dumb?

“At least John took the Matriarch's murders seriously. Even then, it seems like he's coming around to accepting it pretty easily.”

Like he has a choice? Not like he can un-murder the matriarchs.

Don't get me wrong, I am not an apologist here. I just don't see how judging what the characters are doing, given what the characters know, can be seen as dumb. We have a lot more insight than they do as a result of Tefler's superb writing. Judging them by what we know is just not appropriate here.

wet_specialwet_specialabout 7 years ago
Make Tefler work harder

If you enjoyed this series so far, plunk down a dollar a chapter on Patreon. *Arnold voice* Do it! Do it noww!

As I mentioned on the Patreon comment section as John Steve, I'm definitely worried about what Tashana could be up to. It does seem like the ship that she hopes to steal might just be the Raptor. Interesting! The comments last chapter over there were really good, people made some astute observations and wild guesses. I can't wait to find out, and I hear that chapter is going to be early released for patrons really any day now.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
@ confused

"Did I miss an explanation as to how it only takes one dose of cum to change the Maliri, when Irilith took three doses, and they recently mentioned that Tashana would too? Also, how do new thralls get assigned to one matriarch or the other?"

It only takes one dose to enthral them because they were bred/created for it. Edreale, Tashana, and Irillith are unique in that they have Eldritch blood in their veins, which also gives them some resistance to his charms. The assignment of Thralls is John's decision.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Awesome as always!

Kinda surprised wasn't a little more insistent with Tashana. Especially with her being Irillith's sister. And the fact that she had a brain tumor that *will* kill her eventually. Not to mention the extensive facial scars and permanent internal damage. Should have given her at least one dose to *fix* her and then let her decide if she wanted more. Like the recovered Terran women.

Oh, well, not my story, not my plot. Am, as always, anxiously awaiting the next installment!

chip812chip812about 7 years ago
Tashana!

This is Edraele's only/main shipyard. If don't think *everyone's* whereabouts isn't monitored at all times, you're delusional. Especially with engineers from other houses are on station. And if you don't think Edraele isn't actively tracking Tashana, you're even more delusional.

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
wet_special

I don't know as it can be the Raptor, as we've been told at least once (and if i remember right at least twice) that ships that small don't carry FTL drives, and Tashana hasn't seen the Raptor in action yet

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeabout 7 years ago
Re: John considering kingship

John considering kingship is not out of character for several reasons, IMO.

First, he's not an integrated being, as much as he appears to be most of the time. Tefler teases us with some hints that PJ is bleeding through in spite of Athena's efforts. The most recent was in Chapter 72:

He knew it wouldn't take much; just some kind words, and their gratitude for the healing would do the rest. Another couple of blowjobs, and they'd be eagerly tumbling into bed with him, their young wombs ready to bear his children...

He shook himself out of that train of thought with a frown, feeling guilty for the raging erection in his trousers. It seemed that despite his best intentions, some instinctive Progenitor urges still ran unchecked under the surface.

But then Alyssa, who appears infallible most of the time, talks John out of his conclusion:

Alyssa's amusement was quite apparent over their empathic bond, and she giggle as she said, *You're not the first man who's had raunchy thoughts about screwing a pretty girl, and you certainly won't be the last! Being a Progenitor hasn't got anything to do with it.*

Feeling relieved, John realised he was being overly paranoid...

Actually, he's not being paranoid enough, even though he tries. From everything known, including the order left with Edraele by PJ, his Progenitor half is dead-set on conquering... everybody.

So, that's one reason. The second is more mundane--where ELSE are John and the girls going to go? The Terran Federation regards him as a potential threat, and probably always will. The Ashanath and the Trankarans are too alien for long-term comfort. So, more or less by default, the Maliri Regency is their only known option at this point.

But staying with the Maliri and NOT assuming the kingship is a non-starter. John is a hugely disruptive factor due to the Maliri women's inbred response to him. ALL the Maliri women so far have been fascinated by and deferred to him. How's a female supposed to rule when her subjects are more likely to obey John than her?

And the third reason is the girls are right: he'd make an excellent King.

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyabout 7 years ago
Speculations

Here's some guessing on things that could happen. So, if you don't like that sort of thing -- consider yourself warned. ;-)

I imagine it is the Raptor that Tashana has in mind. However, it could be that her mother or sister have a ship in dock not on the main manifest. Any of those would fit with Tashana's thoughts of how perfect the choice was. If it is the Raptor, you would think she could gain access via the DNA reader because of her twin sister. However, we know that John changes his mates' genetic code. If she does gain access to the Raptor, Faye can just appear and pilot it (or remote pilot it?). Would/could Tashana take Faye offline there?

What if the young noblewoman that has been speaking with Tashana was actually asked to keep an eye on her. Regardless, I agree with those that think our heroes have not at all forgotten about her. The gals all have enhanced intelligence, and it would be a pretty big oversight to just assume Tashana was going to be fine on her own. Plus, our team's Maliri women are deviously clever -- particularly when it comes to palace intrigues.

I could see John asking Edraele to be the public face of the Royal Court with him being the power behind the throne. He could speak with all their subjects to say that he delegating power to her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
John's kingship and tashana

The person John really should talk to about his doubts concerning him becoming king is Tashana. His doubts match her fears and together they could iron out the kinks (lol) of whether he should and how. Also, him voicing his concerns could show his personality to Tashana: he doesn't wish to enslave, he actually cares about people, and he doesn't want to bring harm to those he cares for as well as the general populace. This could, in turn, lesser her fear of him and allow herself to join.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap.

Tefler, you're driving me nuts... (Ok, short drive, but still...)

I mean I KNOW stories are improved by drama and tension and all that crap... But I am so worried that something bad is going to happen to Tashana...

I mean if someone deserves for something nice to happen to them... If some little broken bird deserves to get fixed... If someone could use the unconditional love the crew of the Invictus supplies, Tashana is it...

I so keep hoping she doesn't "escape" but fear she will... And with the Invictus out of commission for two weeks, if the Raptor gets worked on at the same time, no way they'll catch her before she jumps out of what she considers the frying pan into what would undoubtedly be the fire...

Anxiously awaiting the next chapter, chewing my nails all the while... So ignore my stress and keep up the exceptional work...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
About Tashana's Fate

Has anyone taken into consideration that Tashana might escape and begin an insurrection with the remaining, non-allied houses? She expressed sentiments about wanting to save her race previously, and the only way she could do that is my amassing an army big enough to rival Valaden's fleets. Tashana seems really determined to succeed at this point and there seems to be nothing set up in the story yet to stop her from leaving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

It would be impossible to reconnect with Tashana as she despises her mother and sister, is deathly terrified of John and can't trust a word any of the girls say as they are all enthralled and thus by her point of view happy slaves. Attempting to stay and talk with her, or following her around will just make her more angry, afraid and paranoid.

It is logically unsound for her to be still terrified of getting enthralled after several days, as her veiw of a Progenitor would have enthralled her asap, but remember that we are dealing with an incredibly damage person. She would have such bad PTSD from the decade plus as a slave that she would veiw the whole universe as hostile with no-one to be trusted. Her emotion and fears, justifiable fears, would keep her constantly suspicious, as it was the only reason she stayed alive and free.

She won't ask for help untill she learns to trust that if she shows a vunrebility​ it won't be immediately attacked. She won't join the crew and won't be ready to join until she can forgive her family for past betrayals and trust others. Even if Tefler reuses Irilaths method, near death situation, for joining Tashana has much more hate and fear to power her resistance. She may get healed and still try to escape. Her physical and psychological damage is worse than any other of the girls.

The easiest solution would be to simply force Tashana. He could heal the massive physical damage and remove some the emotional baggage from past memories, however John would have to adopt an ends/means mindset and believe "it's for her benefit, she thank me when I'm done". This would be a massive and abrupt character change for him at this stage. He may do it but he would need unanimous support from his girls and a instigating situation such as Tashana lapsing into a coma or having a PTSD flashback and burning people widely.

On a different,Tefler do you get annoyed when people correctly guess upcoming plot points. I was rereading when the crew meet Admiral Lynton and people called her betrayal that episode, after about 5 mins of conversation. In you shoes it would both make me proud that people care about your story enough to try and understand it thoroughly and annoy me that they have spoiled the next 5 chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Kill off Tashana?

I kind of wish her character never existed. Granted Tefler seems to tie up everything nicely but I'm ready to move on from her story. Hopefully she comes around and provides John some more insight or tech on progenitors.

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Very insightful comments

Some great comments from PLRus, 1handslapping, chip812, and GnomeDePlume.

You guys clearly understand the characters and their motivations very well! :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Done for awhile

Don't get me wrong, your an excellent author. However, any competent editor will have told you by now that a story can not be drug out for too long. You loose people's interest. I'll make a note to check back and become a paying Paetron member in a year from now. That way you get paid and I hopefully will get to see where this story is going so slowly.

Thank you for sharing your talent and skill.

Sincerely,

Sky

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Anon

"It would be impossible to reconnect with Tashana"

Exactly. It's quite the conundrum... how do you reach out to someone who is so terrified of, or hates the main characters?

"The easiest solution would be to simply force Tashana."

That's very true, and it's something they could have easily done while she was catatonic. Alyssa suggested it in fact, as the quickest and easiest way to help her.

"This would be a massive and abrupt character change for him at this stage."

Also exactly right. I've written at length about John pushing for free will for the girls, and fighting his own nature to modify their bond to allow that. He would never consider forcing the Change on a girl.

They also discuss in chapter 72, that a single load would most likely have Tashana hooked on him, just like Irillith was after her first taste (chapter 53?). So even though he could have healed Tashana of her trauma, she wouldn't be able to make an uninfluenced choice to join him.

"Tefler do you get annoyed when people correctly guess upcoming plot points"

As you say, I'm pleased and proud that people reading the story know the characters and universe so well they're able to predict upcoming events. Some are uncannily accurate, and I'm amazed at them picking up on things I've only vaguely hinted at. I remember someone guessing they'd use the energy-absorbing armour to nail Nexus with Nova Lances about one day before the chapter came out. I just laughed and rolled my eyes, but didn't change anything.

Some of the real curveballs people haven't been able to predict, like Edraele fracturing John's mind shield, or how deadly the assassin attack would be. It's nice when I'm still able to surprise people!

No one's correctly guessed the truth behind the backstory with the Progenitors yet! ;-)

Tefler

FatherSinFatherSinabout 7 years ago
Poll

Who would rather have waited over a month to get all of Genthalas handled in one 35 page Chapter?

Didn't think so but never hurts to ask.

MuledriverMuledriverabout 7 years ago
Raptor notes

The Raptor IS scheduled for upgrades, but so far, nothing has been mentioned about it being out of commission yet.

DNA: Yeah, twins would have similar, yet different DNA. Plus the upgrades would have changed Irillith's DNA so, no match there.

Yes, the Raptor DOES have Hyper drive. Remember, after the BIG battle, John was over visiting Calara's dad, and the Invictus took on all the injured with no room for the Rapter in the dock. So they flew "beside" the Invictus back to Port Medea(?) and met the crew there.

MuledriverMuledriverabout 7 years ago
Back story........

I don't think there has been enough clues for the back story to come out yet.

However, since you brought it up Tefler.... I had a thought that there is probably some connection between the Enshunu, and the Progenitors. One or the others is the creating race, and there could have been a revolt.

The Enshunu Vicar seemed to know quite a lot about the Underworld station. So that could be Enshunu ancient tech. The glyphs/writing wasn't Progen, but could be Enshunu. Which is older, is unknown at this point.

The Enshunu ships with all the erotic paneling around the ships, could point to sexual enslavement. Possibly by "magic juice", "Maliri Hair Bleach" style enslavement.

The one Progen that was running around creating races, might have been a catalyst for the war between Enshunu and Progens. Or it could have been an attempt to repopulate with experiments after the wars.

We have seen at least ONE planetary system, utterly destroyed. Tefler stated that at one time, the astroids were a thriving planet.

Now, who begat whom, is an answer we don't have yet.

How is that Tefler? Better? Close? (I know.... gots to wait for you to write it up, so no spoilers....)

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
Yes the

Raptor has FTL drive, but nobody expects a ship that small to have it, will the news that it does have slipped from Terran to Milari space yet? is it even that well known in Terran space?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Backstory (just for fun)

"No one's correctly guessed the truth behind the backstory with the Progenitors yet! ;-)"

Well, since you asked:

The Progenitors are RPG/gamer geeks, functionally adolescents (not that there's anything wrong with that! Adolescent humans can embody both the most horrific and depraved, as well as the most noble and idealistic aspects humanity has to offer.). They've got this (virtual? holographic?) universe hacked for gaming, but have managed to trap themselves as well.

TS

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
Tefler

as nobody has correctly guessed the Progenitor Backstory yet here's my guess at a piece of it

So the Progenitor turns up in Milari space every few years, and steals a chunk of the most promising women. his territory covers whole of visited space, (apart from maybe the Kintark) now the home Milari model themselves on the Progenitor Milari, but are not quite the same, and one day a home planet matriarch is born who has the mutation that allows a certain level of resistance and sees that this population theft and submission isn't quite right so we have a ship based war. as long as communication can be kept to a minimum, the planetary Milari can fight without being converted. the war rages around the wastes on the edge of Milari space The progenitor starts to lose, so has to create a whole range of races as an emergency stop gap till he can get things going again, so all the new races we saw being constructed are part of this process. the Drakar to fulfill the warrior role, the Ashanath the psychics to try a different approach to making the power battery for himself. the Trankarans to supply his war machine. He turns up for round two at attempting to take over the Milari without combat, and finds that the ship is full of cybernetic Milari assasins, (maybe controlled by a single Matriarch going out of her head due to tumour pain who explodes her ship as a massive suicide weapon to try and kill off the progenitor threat for once and for all, the Progenitor does an emergency wormhole jump to survive this and ends up crashing into a planet with a dead crew and no thralls,then had to wait for thousands of years till someone useable turned up to build a crew/thrall selection. enter johns Mother from stage left (although she isn't the Matriarch, so there may be more to it than that)

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
backstory

Hmm

its either a experiment in dna

or

its from the psi plane demon taking over a person

If your asking race then not sure as you mention red and blue skin slaves so it could either or another race not mentioned yet.

I not think there been many of them at all

UnknownNameUnknownNameabout 7 years ago
Regarding 'Edraele's surprise'

While I generally like this story, I don't think the conclusion of the plot line leading to 'Edraele's surprise' was handled too well.

Firstly John's reaction to Edraele's 'murders' is hypocritical in my opinion.

I mean John seems to have no problem whatsoever with killing pirates, mercenaries, traitors, enemy soldiers, ... , and I am pretty sure he didn't always offer them a chance to surrender beforehand either.

It is very much possible that at least some of the people John and his crew killed were not guilty of crimes usually punishable by death.

Yet when Edraele kills a bunch of despots, which were at the very least all guilty of attempted murder and most likely guilty of more than one murder each, Irillith and John react as if Edraele had committed a horrible crime.

Even if the daughter's of the matriarch were not guilty of some serious crimes, which given what we know about Edraele, Irillith, and Maliri society and history in general is rather unlikely, they were still arguably enemy combatants.

John had no problem shooting Kintark soldiers without as much as a warning to save a couple of hundred Terran soldiers on Xen-Nuchek, Edraele's actions saved more lives with fewer deaths, so making a fuss about Edraele's actions is really not all that justified.

And even if John and/or Irillith have an emotional snap reaction because of Edraele's history, at least Alyssa (being able to read John's and Irillith's minds as well as being too smart to not have the necessary insight) should point out that hypocrisy.

Secondly I find Edraele's reaction to contradicting orders rather hard to believe.

Considering her age she must have decades of experience in giving orders, as well as a lot of experience in receiving them (she wasn't born Matriarch after all).

Normally what e.g. soldiers are supposed to do, if they receive contradictory orders (which is not uncommon, even if it might be less common to receive contradictory orders from the same person), is to ask for clarification.

Now I could totally believe Edraele acting the way she did, if when receiving contradictory orders which she was even compelled to follow by the bond, she had been unable to communicate with John for the weeks they were separated, but she was literally just a thought away from getting clarification about her orders.

Misunderstanding orders in a military gets people killed, so I don't really see why Edraele would act the way she did.

I actually think Edraele getting just an order like "Do everything you can to improve the lives of the Maliri living on the planets under the control of House Valaden", and then thinking that that included removing the threat from the other houses would feel more plausible to me than the scenario in the story.

It would be completely in accordance with John's values too, which Edraele should be quite familiar with, giving her mind-reading abilities.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Need alert

Total swing to the right but...

John filling the girls tummy up so that they look pregnant.

Average sperm volume 5ml

Average volume of a child plus sack and placenta at full term 5000ml

John has two days of testi

That's still balls 500 time bigger than a normal roughly.

Now that would be impressive

LoL

ms904191ms904191about 7 years ago

I hope we will be able to read ch74 by Monday tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ch 74 now up on Patreon

Tefler only needs $84 before he becomes a full time writer

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
telfer near target

If i was telfer i would wait until the target was hit at least 3 times (i to would like him full time)

AussieReaderAussieReaderabout 7 years ago
"Girls" ?

Tefler, I'm a recent discoverer of this story and have been enjoying it immensely. I've always been a fan of "world-building" SF and you've created a credible universe of human and alien races that interact in complex but believable ways, rivaling the greatest works of Herbert, Clarke, Scalzi, et al. It's an exceptional achievement.

But I do have a minor bone to pick: at some point, don't John's "girls" deserve to become "women"? Although a couple are still teenagers, for all that they have accomplished throughout the story, it's grating that you are still referring to them as "girls" in many places of the story. These are mature, wise, accomplished and exceptionally badass women who deserve and have earned the utmost respect from everyone they come in contact with. As you continue the story, please consider giving them this etymological upgrade.

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Girls

My retired mother meets with her similarly aged friends for "Tea with the girls". It's a term of endearment, as much as anything.

Just a minor correction though, four of the crew are actually still eighteen, rather than just two (Alyssa, Calara, Dana, Rachel). Sakura is 20 or 95 physical/chronological age, Irillith is 52, and Jade is 10k+!

None of them object to being called girls. ;-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Tashana

Oh, please don't drag out her suffering. When will we see.her salvation?

BruceWoBruceWoabout 7 years ago
Think Ch 74 will be on Literotica in 6-7 days

Tefler generally waits 5-6 days post Patreon then Literotica takes another 1-2 days

AussieReaderAussieReaderabout 7 years ago
Re: Girls

Tefler, my point was not what John and his "girls" call each other. That makes perfect sense as a term of endearment between themselves. What I find incongruous is when you as the author refer to them as girls as part of exposition, when they are such accomplished women.

I've served as an editor in the past so I'm just passing on something that I would have brought up with one of my authors. Not a big deal; I'm enjoying the story very much and look forward to future chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Progenitor Origins

As long as we're all posting our theories on where the Progenitors came from, here's mine (without checking to see if anyone has ever posted the same thing).

Eons ago, there was a psychically aware race of humanoids with advanced technology. They eventually began genetic experiments on themselves much like the Kintark. One of those lines of experimentation was to create a perfect warrior caste. They were successful but the warriors enslaved the populace and started to war with each other due to their thirst for conquest, eventually destroying the original race. Mael'nerak and one other surviving Progenitor separated to different sides of the Galaxy and continued their eternal wars.

A little over 10K years ago, the other Prog invaded Mael'nerak's territory and the rest is history.

-aderi

jlmnjlmnabout 7 years ago
@PussyLickersRus

"You have obviously never interrogated anyone."

Very true. While I'd sometimes like to, management tends to frown on torturing the users (physically or emotionally) when their support requests are unclear.

"Making them panic for weeks if you have overwhelming power applied to the situation is almost always a wise course of action. By the time it is over with, they will jump at almost any resolution you present because their fears have gotten the best of them."

I would have expected "You can join this sweet gig we're setting up, or we can crush you underfoot" to work pretty early on, and then Tsarra Perfaren could have meet John along with the other four right when he arrived. Even if you want her to sweat (reasonable), I would have expected Edraele to put a premium on her being joined up to sweeten John's surprise. Tsarra doesn't seem confident or bold enough to stare down such overwhelming force for long, and Edaele would know that from having dealt with her before. (although, to be fair, Tsarra has kept her house from losing status since her mother's death)

"Exactly how are they supposed to know that? I mean, they realize she is scared off her rocker with John being Progenitor, which is understandable. And they know she is very angry with Irillith, which again is understandable."

The "off her nut" part was hyperbole on my part. Just the fact that she freaks out about John being a progenitor would have been worth mentioning.

"...that is more normal than you might imagine."

It's surprising to me, but I'll concede that one since I have no first hand experience with it.

"Um...Part of a night and morning."

I read it as more implied time passed during the day between scenes than you did, which is why I thought Edraele had the time to try to talk to Tashana, after she'd rested.

"(space station), which they already easily disabled. Why would they think anything different? And the took out all the major ships in the area to boot."

You ignored the portion of my previous comment when I said that some other pirate group moving in _was_ a reasonable expectation. They only wasted the people in the immediate vicinity of the station at that particular moment. There are going to be traders who were not on board at the time, and other pirate groups wanting to take over the station and make it back into what they just got done destroying. A couple mass driver shells are a cheap way to eliminate a gathering place for evil in the Unclaimed Wastes. (for that matter, nova lances are free, and no worries about recharge time since they'd wasted everyone nearby). Sure, cleaning it out was easy for them, but they've got better things to do so why not save the hassle and waste the station? They're not expecting any allies to take it over and use it for good purposes.

"Like he has a choice? Not like he can un-murder the matriarchs."

To be fair, I'm probably not giving enough weight to the "subjugate and enslave" order's complications. It just seemed like John went from really freaked to pretty much OK far too quickly. Just my opinion.

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
they do have history

of not destroying old mining stations that have been used as pirate bases before, so it wasn't out of character.

I have half a mind that they'll arange for an Ambassador to negotiate with house Pfarren, and that peace meeting will be that houses Matriarch, and John, bringing another house into the council of matriarchs

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
@jlmn

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I can see your point about the station. But, their only interest was to get Tashana, not really to deal with Hades and the Unclaimed Wastes and Underworld. So I can see their disinterest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Re: AussieReader

I understand your concerns about referring to accomplished women as girls, but TSM is a fictional story with an informal flair to it. I agree it would be bad form if John referred to a matriarch as a girl in a more formal/official setting. However, if the ladies in question have consumed his magic spooge, it's understandable there may be a level of intimacy. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ignoring Tashana

It does seem kind of weird that a victim of horrible of abuses would be largely ignored. One would think it would be prudent to keep tabs on Tashana to make sure she doesn't pose a threat to herself or others.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Tefler has things working in the background that he hasn't told us about yet. =D

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyabout 7 years ago
'Girls' is the Counterpart to 'Guys'

@AussieReader: I can't speak for all parts of the world of course, but around here, even women will say things like 'a girls night out'. This is like we might say 'a guys night out'. Now in theory, 'gals' is the counterpart to 'guys'. However, tend to say girls and guys more than they say gals and guys.

Of course, there are some people that still use the term 'girls' in a belittling way. I think you have to look at the context.

FatherSinFatherSinabout 7 years ago
Girls as endearment

Given most of them are eighteen it could be misconstrued, but girl and good girl is meant purely affectionately.

Ironic as it is given there supreme maturity, I am actually glad that readers give us pushback on that because otherwise we probably missed their characterizations by a a margin that is far from subtl

Dana for example, really goes far into chauvinistic attitudes, but that is part of her character and background. She was gang property for most of her life and missed out on finishing school manners. That gives her relationship with Rachel a symettries that they both enjoy.

Alwaysready64Alwaysready64about 7 years ago
Tashana

I’m enjoying this series immensely but I don’t understand why Tashana isn’t being helped. John is eventually going to repair her physical and mental abuses along with the tumor she has growing in her head. But, other than the fact that she’s the daughter of Edraele and the twin sister of Irillith; part of his agenda for her rescue was her knowledge of the Progenitor/Mael’nerak. He has yet attempted to talk to her nor has her mother. She being left in the dark thinking the worst possible thing has descended upon her people and she’s as alone as she was before her rescue. No one else they’ve rescued have been this over looked before.

Hopefully; an over zealous Maliri guard will knock her (Tashana) out requiring John to have Jade feed her and fix her physically. So she’ll see John hasn't enslaved her and is not the one to fear but the champion to support in light of this new Mael’nerak wreaking havoc in the galaxy.

Stragedic_InsightStragedic_Insightabout 7 years ago
Re: GnomeDePlume

I am the anon you replied to.

Regarding your first point, I have also picked up that John is still influenced by either his Progenitor nature or Progenitor-John's presence. He and other characters have noted that in the past along with him having a natural instict to dominate the Maliri. I believe that should be all the more reason for him to be very apprehensive about this new prospect of kingship. If he felt guilty about the urge to add the former slaves to his harem it should go doubly so about taking control of an entire race who wouldn't be able to resist him. As I said it should sound more like Progenitor-John's ambition than his own, especially considering the bloody methods used. He has had a strong negative reaction to anything resembling Progenitor urges in the past and hasn't been fully reassured by Alyssa's cheeky comments, even if she was right in the instance you quoted.

Regarding your second point about the Maliri seeking his leadership regardless of his decision. This this is a very valid point and I believe is be the reason why John will eventually come to accept the kingship. However, as of now it has not been addressed in the story dialogue or John's thoughts so I feel like his initial reaction, which I discussed in my original post, can't be attributed to that.

Finally I agree that he would make a good king if he can fully overcome his Progenitor nature. As of now John knows that is not the case.

big65dawguwbig65dawguwabout 7 years ago
A few thoughts

About the use of the term "girls/good girl" it all comes down to intent . It is often used as a term of endearment & affection among friends & lovers & also as a derogatory one & it's usually very clear which one , much like the discussion about the "N" word .

As to the "Pogen" origin story I wondered earlier about a "race" with one or two individuals . I thought more along the lines of the Sith , The idea that they were a genetic experiment that created a "master or mutant being/beings " that revolted against their creators is a tried & true Sci-Fi theme , we tend create our own worse nightmares, like the AI's Nexis or going back to Frankensien's monster or most recently the Republicans & Trump( a joke don't get your noses out of joint) That a couple of these experiments got lose & went out to recruit or create a slave race to go back to conquer their home world . I have ideas what happened but don't want to say anything to either spoil Tefler's story if I'm close or too stupid if I'm wrong :-).

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeabout 7 years ago
Girls, girls, girls

If this has been mentioned before, I missed it, so apologies.

John enjoys being slightly dominant in bed. The girls enjoy submitting to him. Using the term "girls" is affectionate, a reminder of that dynamic, and an aid to maintaining the sexual tension.

It's quite common to refer to submissives as boys or girls, respectively, regardless of age or accomplishment.

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeabout 7 years ago
Re: Stragedic_Insight

Thanks for your well-reasoned reply.

Your first point is well-taken; the potential for abuse of the Maliri is huge, and Tefler has shown us that John is well aware of that fact and agonizing over it. I don't for one moment believe that he's done agonizing over it, in spite of Jade reaffirming his benevolent nature and Rachel pointing out the potential good he can do by assuming the kingship. At most, that eased his conflict temporarily.

This next distinction is mine, rather than being driven by the story. I divide power into two types -- power over, and power for. Using that framework, PJ's actions and statements show that he is clearly driven to achieve the first. John's human side is firmly in the second camp. He's never reveled in wiping out pirates, for instance. At most, he's been depicted as experiencing a sort of grim satisfaction at the removal of evil. And he does a lot of good just because he can, and because it makes him feel good.

It's also possible, reading between the lines of the story, that John is partially motivated to do good because he's uncomfortable with his PJ-inspired urge to dominate. It's a way of reaffirming who he desperately want to be. It's worth noting that, as often as not, his acts of benevolence are directed toward people who have been enslaved.

But the power to do good is a tremendous lure, and I think that is what will keep him considering becoming the Maliri king in spite of the potential downside. And agonizing over it.

Cheers,

Gnome

John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkabout 7 years ago
I just like to say one thing..

Telfer you are a cliff hanger writing bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the chapter. I also would say i think i speak for most people who read your stories when i say don't keep us waiting too long for the next chapter.

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor

Chapter 74 is done, I'm half way through Chapter 75 at the moment! :-)

You should expect 74 by about Monday or Tuesday I'd imagine.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Have you already submitted ch74 tefler or will you be doing it later today ?????

dididothatdididothatabout 7 years ago
Just the best!

WOW, socks blown way off into orbit! This is just so amazing. How do some people have the nerve to rate it less that five stars???

S x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Still the BEST!!!

It has been quite a while since I wrote a comment because I ran out of expletives to express how insanely good your story and your writing are. But I never stopped reading and enjoying every new chapter, and anxiously awaiting the next (like a drug addict waiting for a new fix...).

I love how you incorporate reader comments into your work, but please keep writing your own story in your own way. Don't ever change!

R.W.

RE: GnomeDePlume

Amen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
just a thought

White and Black, Good and Evil. Hmmmmmmmmm. good progen John versis bad progen. just a thought

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Another brilliant chapter, as always I can hardly wait for the next chapter.

LucivarSDLucivarSDabout 7 years ago
Muledriver. RE: The Raptor

There was also an example that the Raptor had Hyper when Alyssa went after John during the assassination plot. If I remember correctly, the bridge crew on the ship mentioned that no drop ship had Hyper.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I have enjoyed all the chapters and will continue to. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Tefler have you submitted ch 74 to literotica or not

I was kinda confused by your comment that the chapter will be there by monday

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
Progen backstory, my take:

I believe there is an ancient race, which resides in the ethereal plane, or may have always resided there, and Progens are some type of manifestation of their existence. Given what limited information we have at this point, I am leaning to what happened to Irilith. I think a psychic being in our physical realm was turned by on of the ethereal plane entities and Progens are the result.

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 74

Yeah, I've submitted Chapter 74. It's rare they get published on the weekend though, which is why Monday seems the most likely.

Tefler

hellinahelmethellinahelmetabout 7 years ago
Thanx Tef...

Thanks for not sacrificing ´Great writing´ for ´Quick Turn Around´ on trying to keep up with our desire for you to whet our appetite. I mean this sincerely Tef, as each chapter is so cohesively managed with attention to detail. You must have really paid close attention when it came to ´Outlining Your Storyline Chapter´ in your learning curve. Man, your writing is "Excellent to Outstanding"!!!!! (I might have told you that before, hahaha). As usual, your ratio of sex to story line is impeccable and right on time. I don´t care if you go to 150 chapters, or even more...Thanks again Tef.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another good author

Hi

Inmensinly enjoyed your stories Tefler , you may all might like this author work Prolonged_Debut10, good science stuffs he covers in his stories.

Pam

DraigTywyllDraigTywyllabout 7 years ago
My theory

As far as progenitor backstory goes, I like the idea that they were originally a Maliri weapon/super soldier that turned on them and took over. All the other bipedal species in this universe are constructs of Mael'nerak, and I don't think it's mentioned that the Maliri were.

AnonymousLuciferAnonymousLuciferabout 7 years ago
Re:DraigTywyll

I think Malari was first race created by Progenitor to do their bidding it is mentioned in earlier chapters

big65dawguwbig65dawguwabout 7 years ago
RE: Lucifer

I think that's the big question as to the "Progenitor" origin story , did he create the Maliri to be his slave race or did they some how create him & the project got away from them .. When they reviewed the Nexis files his first creation was Nexis & his Maliri slaves were already with him & then Mael"nerak & Nexis created the Trankarians , Ashanath , & Humans . It becomes the age old conundrum which came first the Chicken or the egg .

Another think puzzles me , why did Mael'nerak leave a device to destroy earth & humans but seemingly not any other of the races he created ? did he fear one day they would turn on him & be a threat? Is that what happened to him ?

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
For me, an interesting thought about readers and writers...

My family once went to a cook at the table oriental place... I'd never been to one before and had specific tastes...

But though most of my family didn't, I used chopsticks, I didn't use salt (a love of mine), and ate what was put in front of me exactly as it was prepared.

Basically, I wanted to experience exactly what the cook was providing...

With series on TV, I know some people WANT to know what's going to happen, some are indifferent. Me...? I want to have no advance knowledge - I want the surprise...

For me it's bad enough if I've read or watched enough stuff to be able to know on the spur what's about to happen...

So, knowing there are the mindsets regarding "to know or not to know"... I find it interesting to realize that there are authors who have the same thinking - do I want my readers to guess or not... Or have them without preference...

(Just a lightbulb moment for myself...)

maddictmaddictabout 7 years ago
The darkside.

So all that John touches doesn't turn to gold. Very refreshing. Its been sometime since Johns battle against himself and glad your bringing this to the forfront. The Maliri have always fought each other or is that only after they lost their previous master? Who was ? Tashana will she be a revolutionary or a thrall, she has some hard earned skills that I like. I did like the Matriarch's kiss of John's crown from both sides, its good to be the king !

Stragedic_InsightStragedic_Insightabout 7 years ago
Re: GnomeDePlume

Thanks for your reply as well. You make some interesting observations, the following in particular:

"It's worth noting that, as often as not, his acts of benevolence are directed toward people who have been enslaved."

John seems always ready to help those in distress, but he does indeed go well out of his way to help victims of slavery. I hadn't made the connection to him trying to reject the Progenitor-instinct to enslave. In fact the only thing to stop him from agonizing over the mind control aspect of his nature was the opportunity to help Sakura overcome her trauma of slavery and loss of free will.

In my earlier comments I mostly noted that John reacted way differently to what I've been used to from him. I expected him to completely shut down the idea at first and very, very slowly warm up to it. Perhaps this change of pace was intentional and a sign of character growth that I've ignored. After all, he does have the power to do a lot of good for the Maliri society.

aderiaderiabout 7 years ago
Re: Maddict and Lucifer

I do not think that the Maliri created the Progs. Keep in mind that in the Ashanath pictographs, Mael'nerak's first army was made of red skinned humanoids, not blue (Perhaps Enshunu, all we really know about them is that the males have red eyes, are sadists and at least a few of them have knowledge of 70k year old tech).

It seems to me that, after the war I'm supposing happened, Mael'nerak discovered the Maliri and modified them to be his perfect slaves. I'm also supposing that he created the nymphs specifically to speed up the process of mass modification. Of course, I can't rule out the possibility that the changes made to the Maliri included changing their skin color from red to blue which would throw off all my other suppositions.

-aderi

big65dawguwbig65dawguwabout 7 years ago
RE:aderi

In the first pictograph it showed the Progenitor slaying red skin males & gathering the females ,maybe to build his first army . This would probably a reason that if it's the Enshunu are such asses ,having all their woman stolen . Maybe their treatment of Tashana was hatred transferred from the Progenitor to his slave race .Also it seems like the Progenitor had a pretty crude but powerful weapon ,not like he has later .It's too bad John & the girls didn't stay at Underworld a little longer & see what the Viser's reaction to John would have been .

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6794 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES