All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 078'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 138 Comments
thalt992000thalt992000almost 7 years ago
Ok

Why do I get the feeling he choosing to face pj in the height of this boarding action?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wait a minute, hold up...

What the hell did i miss? How is Faye suddenly able to physically touch John without him being digitalized/spirit walking..whatever the hell ye call it lol? I've read the last few chapters again recently and this is a helluva surprise.

Tazzy

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Wait a minute

"How is Faye suddenly able to physically touch John"

Nothing has changed, she's still just a hologram. ;-)

Half way down on page 1: "as his eyes readjusted to the warm glow, he saw Jade kneeling before him"

Faye superimposed her hologram over Jade's kneeling body and John got so into her dancing, he forgot she doesn't have a physical presence. (Jade was obscured by Faye's wings). I deliberately didn't mention Jade, apart from at the beginning, to try and draw the reader into the illusion too. :-)

Hope that makes sense!

Tefler

Wilson3118ajWilson3118ajalmost 7 years ago
wow

As always one hell of a read (damn) and why another cliff hanger tefler come on :( lol

I glad we got Faye finally (almost) getting what she wants

Looking forward to the next chapter

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Wilson

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

There's quite a bit to go to finish off the rest of the battle, (I've written 8k of chapter 79 at the moment). I would have liked to have written it all in one chapter, but you guys would have had to wait another week or two to read it. So rather than a cliffhanger, think of it as the just the first stage of the fight! :-)

Tefler

Sid0604Sid0604almost 7 years ago
A Great Chapter...

What a great addition to your amazing story and very easily worth 5 stars. I can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Details

There is quite a bit of information here Tefler. I am amazed that you've been working on getting all this right so quickly. Crazy.

I'd have wished all of the battle in one chapter as well. It feels incomplete compared to how well rounded Regulus was; also, have you changed your perspective of John? Him saying "Don't be ridiculous" seems a little off. I paused there for a bit. Got me wondering. With the relationships progressing as well as it has, seems like there should be implicit mind-meshing trust.

Amazing choice Valkyrie.

Good Job.

Matt.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re:Sid0604

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm writing chapter 79 this morning - 9k done so far!

Tefler

ms904191ms904191almost 7 years ago

This was a good one tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Details

Yes, writing combat scenes takes much more effort than a normal chapter, because there's so much going on that I have to keep track of.

"I'd have wished all of the battle in one chapter as well."

This battle is much more complex than the Battle of Regulus, with a lot higher stakes involved. I could have just held on to the first half and released it as one massive chapter, but you would have had to wait a while to see it. Just think of this as a prelude to the climax of the fight. :-)

"The don't be ridiculous" comment was just John reacting to the stress before the fight as he was worried about the girl's safety. Getting a blowjob was the last thing on his mind at that point.

I'm glad you liked the mech name. I came up with a few ideas, then asked the patrons to choose. That one was the most popular, but they had a bunch of other really great suggestions too!

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: ms904191

Great, I'm glad you liked it!

It took quite a bit of effort to get all the combat right, with a fair bit of editing going on too. :-)

Tefler

sailandoarsailandoaralmost 7 years ago
WOW . . .

. . . . thanks for your diligent work/writing/imagining ! ! !

HectorsHouseHectorsHousealmost 7 years ago
Awsome

Fantastic work as usual. Loving it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
ARRRGGGHHH!

A freaking cliff hanger! Damnit I was waiting for this one too I just finished 77 when I saw the message about 78.i kept refreshing till it showed up lastnight.now I have to go back and read it from page 1 again damnit! O.O

RustyD72RustyD72almost 7 years ago
Correction

On page 4, shouldn't it be Allysa and not Athena reshaping g the raptor's plating?

firebird71firebird71almost 7 years ago
Another great chapter Tefler

This chapter has highlights the leaps in your writing skills from the first chapters, which were already above average but unpolished. Being able to make multiple battles and side events flow through time are now a talent rivaling calaras' targeting skills. There's so much going on in your story I imagine your computer room with white boards and post-it notes everywhere to keep track of everything.

Cliff Hangers in my humble opinion are not always a bad thing. I don't like when they are used for no reason or to often, seems like jumping the shark to me, but when used correctly can add to the dramatic flair and create suspense for the following story as long as the author can deliver. No pressure Teffler ; ) not that I'm worried. This only works with this type of posting chapters and anyone reading the complete book will not notice as much as this is more like a mini-series if you're caught up. So after that rant my opinion is meh, as long as its not too often.

Keep up the good work Teffler can't wait to "tune in" and see what you got in store for us next time.

Chris

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Rusty

I thought Alyssa reshaping too but reading the next bit it says make Alyssa angry enough to bring out Athena ( something to that effect). It just not obvious at first glance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
No comment just a reference to another great writer

Please sir can I have some more...

IrreverentRevIrreverentRevalmost 7 years ago
Loved this chapter Tefler

I do have one slight observation to make. This is no vacuum in space. You don't get sucked out. You get blown out. Like when you shake a pop bottle then pop the top - the contents get blown out.

A great chapter nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More chapters please!!!!!

5 stars easily, again as usual!!!

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanalmost 7 years ago
Re: Rusty - Athena Plating the Raptor

While it was Alyssa's body, Athena was actually the one in control at the time of reshaping the Raptor's armor. Alyssa by herself does not have the power to reshape the armor that much, but when Athena takes the reigns, that sort of task is almost trivial. Alyssa's eyes glowing white is the sign that Athena has stepped up to help, and when Alyssa speaks with a dual-voice, that's Athena in control.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
OMG

You had to stop there?!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent chapter!

Excellent chapter!

one small remark : you describe explosions caused by singularity shells, wouldn't You rather expect an implosion ( a whole ship being sucked up by a black hole)?

1handslapping1handslappingalmost 7 years ago
I thinkthe singularity

is only used to propel the shells to colossal speeds, rather than as the payload

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really!?

That's where you decided to leave us at!!!! Come on!! Damn it all!

But loved the chapter seiously, one of the best so far.

fyouimatwirpfyouimatwirpalmost 7 years ago
Grrrr.

I love you and hate you at the same time. I love cliffhangers. But I also hate the huge uncertainty of what John is "planning". No hints whatsoever. His plan could be to drop them all off on Terra and then he would say "so long and thanks for all the fish" for all I know.

I know its not likely. But it makes me hate knowing this story is going to end at some point.

One other question. I want to retroactively fund you for the previous 77 chapters as well. Im not too familiar with patreon quite yet. I just signed up and helped you bump 1k. Is there a way to do a one time donation on top of the normal monthly donation?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Great story keep it going and thanks for a great read

chip812chip812almost 7 years ago
Arrrrrr!

#endedTooSoon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Gasp!

Faye is inspired from Synergy in "Gem and the Holograms"! :D

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Anon

Sorry, I've never even heard of "Gem and the holograms"! :-)

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: IrreverentRev

Riker: "You were right. Somebody blew out the hatch. They were all sucked out into space."

Data: "Correction, sir, that's blown out."

Riker: "Thank you, Data."

Data: "A common mistake, sir."

***

You learn something new every day! :-)

Tefler

AccuracyVsGuessworkAccuracyVsGuessworkalmost 7 years ago
Holograms suck - Slaughter Wars - Swarm swatting - Upgraded Red - Valkyrie II - Invictus mark ? Hunting in the past

Wow this is getting wonderfully darker. Starting to enjoy this more and more.

As the battles get bigger the death toll is rising. as the Progenitor in the background is sending larger and larger forces against John's allies. It is a war that needed another two chapters, no matter how much I dislike the fact.

Tick tock the countdown is going to drive me nuts.

Now to the fun scenes,

Faye is getting closer and closer to sampling John, Thinking about it if Irillith can log on while going down, will there be instead of twingasums maybe triplegasums, just an thought, speaking of twingasums the two of them feeding of Jade and each other double the fun.

The battles get larger and so do the battle chapters, I am a little worried for the Ashanath, and their future, their fleet is wrecked and with the legacy broken they are wide open to any new attack. a better conditioned black ship might manage.

Dun dun Der?

Love Dana vs the dropships she really knows how to go all out, Oh how she wants a sword, only I'm thinking she'd design Farscape type sword. A nice little gun inside to ad an extra blast to anything she stabs, well I'll wait and see if I'm right about that guess.

That does lead on to my thoughts on The New Improved Dana, We can see this new ability as a extra way to control the next Valkyrie able to link to the mechanics. Who knows how wild she'll go with the improved control. seeing as I wouldn't put it past her genius mind to come up with something special, a echo suit where she is harnessed in the middle rather than in a seat?

Again we will see.

Just Rachel and Calara left to get the third line. For Rachel we've had a hint able to diagnose without a the need for a full check, but as for Calara we'll have to keep guessing.

The progenitor ship what remains of it will probably hold a lot more secrets and poor Dana is probably going to have to spend a few days with a full belly in order to find them all, the poor, poor girl. but what does this mean for the newly repaired Invictus, how much more time will the old girl be docked for this time?

Now with the Progeittor ship around him as John hunts his enimes how long before PJ starts to seep into his head, probably not going to happen but John might find some new abilites along the way.

Waiting for CH 79 knowing it wont arrive tomorow but so looking forwards to it.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Firebird71

Thanks for the kind words, it's always great to hear that I'm continuing to improve!

"I imagine your computer room with white boards and post-it notes everywhere to keep track of everything."

It's all pretty much in my head, but I have a couple of word docs to list the names of important characters (saves having to go back and name-check them!).

"create suspense for the following story as long as the author can deliver."

Hah! Well I hope I can meet expectations next chapter! :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Amazing

You are doing a terrific job with this story , cant wait for the next installment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hoping...

Just thought of a thing: using Tech from the devices the Ashanath use, Faye should become able to communicate with Alyssa through thought (Psychically).

Wonder if the Invictus will get Punisher Gatling, the heavy cannons seem a bit...meh? Maybe Dana has spoilt me.

- a fan of the 🦁

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love the battle scenes

Just love the battle scenes, the way the girls fight together, with the tech, the fear and fright a real part of it. Hope the next chapter comes quickly, want to know what happens.

CrookcatchrCrookcatchralmost 7 years ago
AAAAAAAAAA DAMN YOU TEFLER

in a good way of course. But Damn it man. The battle isn't over we can't have a cliff hanger with John trying something new.

Loving the story Tefler. Keep it up.

Now to not so patiently wait for the next chapter.

Timtom12Timtom12almost 7 years ago
Such a long wait!

I was going crazy, just waiting and waiting!!! I'm so happy you dropped for us. I have a long weekend so I started reading right when I got up.

Have you actually quit your job like you said you would on Patreon?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great chapter...again!

Again another awesome chapter, thank you!

A few thoughts:

- The Ready Room should be the Randy Room.

- The Mech was cool, but drones are better. Dana should have learned her lesson that a great defense is many times better than offense.

- Rill is VERY fast in the cyber realm, she should have been able to disable the ships faster. She should focus on removing core cooling, disable engines, or disable all weapons, or hyper jump them into a star and then move to the next one.

- They need missiles, I'm thinking crazy hard bunker busters that penetrate then explode. Or drop a bunch of crystal spider AI droids that run through the ship causing panic and fear.

I cannot wait to see what you have planned to involve Ash.

acupacupalmost 7 years ago
ARG!!!!

You really need to ask them to post these on Saturday, was almost late to work this morning!

StaukerStaukeralmost 7 years ago
Quantum flux cannon

Have the ashanath got blueprints?

What the hell is John planning?!?

When is part two cumming?

Is the other progenitor watching all this?

Can John make Faye a body true to her hologram, equipped with phsycic flight?

And will someone PLEASE donate an extra $20 for me?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great chapter

Well done. Words do not do your work justist.How do I say all I want to, so well done.Loved it ZEKE7474

jlmnjlmnalmost 7 years ago
Time for Dana to get some remedial (anti-)target fixation training...

...considering that she's nearly died twice due to loss of situational awareness, compared to the rest of the crew's zero. Fortunately, they should be able to easily whip up a training sim for their holotraining room.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great Chapter!!!

Like many I am not a real fan of cliff hangers but this was still a great chapter. I can understand how this type of chapter with a major engagement is much harder to write but they are really fun to read.

In place of a mech, how about a second Raptor. Considering how well equipped the crew is for individual combat I would think a second updated Raptor would be more help to John and the girls when they go up against a large fleet of ships.

Also, where does the next recruit come from.

Thanks for all your efforts. You have created a great story and I hope you are able to keep it going for a long time. I really look forward to each new chapter.

GriffinCri7GriffinCri7almost 7 years ago
ARGG!!! #2

I like totally agree with acup. . . I was late for work this morning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
the good the bad and the ugly

Good

Faye - A+, 10, 5/5 .. you choose.

it's about fucking time someone make her a real body

Jade - with "only" a gunship she did a whole bunch of damage, the deadliest partnership

Dana's upgrade - so next time she'll need to create elements she won't need a core?

Bad

the first salvo was too linear in my opinion.

first this gun, then the next and next...

I KNOW it only took 1 minute, but it just go to show Calara alone on most of the attack weaponry is NOT enough, too much of a good thing is too much; Faye / another girl (Rachel didn't really do shit at the beginning) could assist.

You explained before the power distribution reasons, but allowing the shields to drop so low? with the range becoming closer take one of the long range (singularity / nova) offline and double charge the shields, the legacy concept of multiple cores driving them proved it and failed because of the greys shitty tactics.

Ugly

Mech? no Mega fail.

Sorry but you proved our (at least mine) concerns a mech is not suited for space battle, building another raptor would have been nicer, and now when they have "hand to hand" combat they don't have any drones / upgrade "boys" / tanks (which again Faye could operate).

Not forgetting the main issue was letting Dana fly it in the first place as her personality is not suited (target fixation, no tactical thinking, designing a gun that can be dropped?!!) for this job.

Personably I hope in the aftermath they say "we admit it was a mistake" and scarp they POS.

Waiting to the next chapter to read the boss fight.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great chapter!

You bum... you left me hanging... Again.....:-)

lottie_8853lottie_8853almost 7 years ago
Battles

Hey just want to say you write some epic battle scenes. Really enjoying the story and cannot wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Make a full book

Please promise to make a full book when this is done? I will definite purchase it!!

Also is it me, or the chapters are getting shorter as time goes?

acupacupalmost 7 years ago
Re: Make a full book

Chapters are what chapters are. I've had some really short ones that I just couldn't stretch into something longer. I've had a kernel of an idea that wound up being several chapters. you never know where your charters will lead you.

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyalmost 7 years ago
Re: More Chapters Equals More Money

Patreon allows you to set a max payment per month. Plus, people only support Patreon creators as long as they feel the value is there. So, I can't imagine Teffler purposely using shorter chapters as a financial strategy.

Teffler has had some long chapters, but they came with longer waiting periods before them. With so many so eager for the next chapter, I can understand a writer's desire to share what is written so far. Fortunately, Teffler writes more regularly and quickly than the vast majority of authors here.

All in all, a pretty good deal for free (unless you want to provide support).

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Make a full book

"Also is it me, or the chapters are getting shorter as time goes?"

Until I wrote chapter 53 to wrap up the "Progenitor-John" story arc in one go, every chapter was less than 25k words.

After that, and since I started Patreon, I've been trying to keep things more consistent and aiming for 25k-30k words per chapter. I haven't dipped below the 25k word mark yet and don't intend to either.

So it might feel the opposite way, but the average chapter length has actually increased in size.

I have no plans to change that format, because the mega-length chapters are much harder to write. The logistics of juggling editing while writing each new part make it unnecessarily stressful and you still get the same number of words overall. :-)

My average wordcount per month is a more useful figure and that hasn't really changed in the last year and half. I typically average between 90k-120k words per month.

Tefler

kewlkievkewlkievalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic work

From the day you announced that this chapter was ready, i have been daily coming to the site to wait for this chapter. That's the amount of anticipation you have built with the amazing storyline. That said , I cant help but feel like in roller coaster after being set off at a cliff hanger, but really hoping you go by your word of 79 being an epic chapter!!. Thanks for keeping up such a great work Tef.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Kewlkiev

I'm sorry to leave you hanging on the edge of that cliff!

If it's any consolation, I just finished chapter 79 part 1, which wraps up the second half of the Battle of Ashana. It's another 18k words and as soon as my editors have finished with it, I'll put part 1 up on my site as a preview for the rest of the chapter!

I'm hoping the ending to the battle will feel suitably epic. I eagerly await my editors opinions! :-)

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Acup

Unfortunately I've got no control over the literotica moderation queues. :-(

It takes roughly 2 days from the date that I submit a new chapter for moderation before it appears on this site.

That can vary a fair bit, depending on how busy the moderators are I guess. I've submitted a chapter on a Thursday before and it's been Tuesday before it finally appeared!

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: lottie_8853

Thank! I'm glad you enjoyed them. All those hours playing space games on the PC were invaluable research! :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

This really deserves ten stars, but what a cliff hanger can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love it

This is so awesome thank you for the great Story. I can't wait to find out what John was talking about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Please sir, can I have some more

Excellence should be recognized.

The visuals..... tension.... feelings..... sounds... tastes.... smells.... related in your story ..... it's like I was there.

Had to take a break and look around just to make sure.:-)

The comparison is justified. Thanks again for sharing.

Easynuhman. 10/5 stars.

kbhuiyarkbhuiyaralmost 7 years ago
Progenitor John

if I make a guess I would say John is going to release his bad progenitor side from his mind prison and try to make peace with his other personality and merge with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Cliffhanger!!

Omg, don't leave me on the edge of seat like this. I have to know what happens next!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Aaaargh

Damn your cliffhangers!

hellinahelmethellinahelmetalmost 7 years ago
Way to go TEF!!!

Hell of a battle, glad to know it´s continuing. I kind of figured it´d stretch out into 2 chapters after perusing the first couple of pages ( I like to speed read each page, then go back and read each page a second time...don´t want to miss anything) and noted the amount of hardware, difficulty and pucker factor going into this chapter. 5*, 5 "Atta-boys" and 5 "Kudos". Thanks again Tef, be waiting for you.

xavierjohn131997xavierjohn131997almost 7 years ago
Good going

Now that Sparks has her third helix DNA strangle may be she can even upgrade the progentiter core and may invent many other things and later that night they may again pulled back once againim the astral plane face off what they are against there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Any update on ch79 tefler ???

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 79 Status

I'm up to about 28k words at the moment, so I'll be wrapping it up fairly soon.

Part 1 covers the rest of the battle, is partly edited, and up on my site as a preview. I plan to finish the editing for that tomorrow while my editors take a look at Part 2!

Tefler

ms904191ms904191almost 7 years ago

So when can we expect to see ch79 on literotica tefler ????

End of may or 1st week of June ???

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: ms904191

I just finished the second half and I've handed that over to my editors. I'll probably have the first pass on editing completed by tomorrow, then I'll post it on my site.

After that, it'll take another day or two for the editors to give me their detailed feedback and I'll make those changes as soon as I receive them. Mid-week next week is probably the most likely, so, May 31st if all goes to plan?

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Craziest confidence ever?

Read 'Titans' by Edward W. Robertson and it has an advanced 'second generation'AI named Frontier Assessment which the protagonist shortens to... Fay. He's male tho, or at least as much as an AI can be. Eagerly awaiting the continuation of this 7-star series!

A fan of the 🦁

texanguy1texanguy1almost 7 years ago
Well done!!!!

My two cents worth.

Cliffhangers have to happen, otherwise all of us would never sleep.

I wasn't thrilled with the mech. The idea is great when they go after mykoboshi. But space, I would have rather saw a crap load of drones. It did make it possible for Dana to get her third strand. Oh well, that is the authors perogative. We are just along for the ride.

As for the next contestant on who swallow is still Jihanni. The t-fed has to know about this. And there is that award promised except it will be John awarding her.

As for the singularity drivers, I would have to assume it is similar to mine for energy rounds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Spaceballs

I kept seeing the Maid from Spaceballs whenever the Mech was mentioned. When lurid blue deathrays emanated from the Winnebago it was time for sleep. Presumably my tiredness but I found the chapter confusing and not that exciting - battle scenes always seemed a bit of Tefler's forte so probably me...

OkamiyashaOkamiyashaalmost 7 years ago
Spaceballs, eh?

I gotta say, Anon, you have raised my opinion of this community with the Mel Brooks reference. My pride knows no bounds.

texanguy1texanguy1almost 7 years ago
my two cents again

I guess I really hate auto correct. It should have said in the last sentence like kinetic energy rounds. Like they military uses in tanks.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyalmost 7 years ago
Target fixation, ship defense

I totally agree with a previous comment, that's the second time Sparks has gotten fixated and in trouble.

Having Tashana remain on the Invictus leaves a specialist as a last ditch defense against boarders, since Sakura went with John to the Legacy. Despite wiping her memories, she is going to be hell on wheels with two pistols.

Does losing the nose of the Legacy mean the quantum beam technology is lost?

Is it possible that the BSP is purposely giving John progressively harder challenges?

Other comments mentioning that the Legacy's interior might bring out PJ scare me, I wouldn't choose for John to battle PJ and the Drakar simultaneously.

Thanks Tefler!! Don't stop now, we're hopeless addicts now!

Hillcountrycowboy

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 7 years ago
Ch 79 available via Tefler's Patreon site

Well worth the wait. Lots of thinks to think about.

Great work Tefler for another excellent chapter

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Been thinking of past suggestions, and last chapter's speculations

On a 150 meter, destroyer-class ship in the new cargo hold.

I am thinking this loadout would be a devistating addition to the Invictus and Raptor.

Armament: Externally mounted to save internal space for munitions power cores, etc. (except for items 1, 2 and 5).

1. A set of Nova Lances

2. A double barrelled singularity mass driver

3. 30 photon pulse lasers on gimbal mounts

4. 48 pulse cannons

5. Banks of fire and forget, target discriminating, shielded, armour piercing, high speed torpedoes with a miniaturized Progen Power Core which doubles as the warhead.

6. 30 updated gaus cannons

Power and Drive Train and Command and Control

1. 4 engines

2. enough thrusters to allow the destroyer to jink and jive like the Raptor

3. 6 to 8 Progen Power cores (1 to 2 for the Nova Lances, 3 for the photon pulse lasers, 1 for the singularity driver, 1 for the pulse cannons/gauss cannons and 1 for the shields, engines, thrusters, and FTL drive).

4. 3 auto targeting, error correcting, anticipatory target aquisition (based on Maliri tech), Progen server based targeting computers (one each for the photon pulse lasers and pulse cannons and one for the torps, Nova Lances, and singularity mass driver.

Crew Space:

1. One centrally located, highly protected, pilot station/combat bridge accessed through a drop-down self-sealing, command chair.

2. Combat bridge is force field protected against breaches with a small, dedicated power core as well as surrounded by hardened Crystal Allysium casing (folded 8 times).

3. 3-d holographic interfaces

txtraveler1960txtraveler1960almost 7 years ago
Dana's lack of target fixation

This is actually the 3rd time for Dana to get into trouble due to her lack of situational awareness. The first was in the Drakkar ship while disconnecting the power relays so the ship would blow when weapons were fired (around chapter 28/29). Second was in the fight against the Kintark Lord dragon. Last was in this chapters' battle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic work telfer

This the first coment i'am writing there has not a day since i have not checked for your page since the chapter 25 i have been hooked to your story totally. I just loved your story to the core. I have read the whole story 3 times till now.

Please only request please post more frequently your story. I know that lot to ask but cant help it your tsm is so amazing .

Thank you for the amazind adventure till now.. desperately looking foward for the rest...

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyalmost 7 years ago
Thanks txtraveler1960

You're correct, I forgot about the incident aboard the Drakar ship.

God bless Texas!

hillcountrycowboy

1handslapping1handslappingalmost 7 years ago
PLR

your thoughts about the destroyer class ship. surely having the weapons externally mounted won't really help as the limitation on size is the dimensions of the containing hold

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
1hand

Not sure I would agree...Except for missles which need to be protected from the elements, Naval Guns do not retract for one simple reason...it takes up too much internal space and it is not needed...something particularly true for energy weapons that do not require such robust hardpoints or armorys or ammo loading devices. In those cases, quite a few in the loadout I suggested, having the gimbal mounts and barrels recede into the hull of the ship do take up a lot of otherwise useable internal space that can be better allocated to power cores, torpedo racks, etc..

And if you have a purpose built cruiser class gunship...with a one, or at most two, man/woman crew: Make the ship like a cylinder, or elipse, (a sphere having the most internal space for its given surface area) for three reasons:

First: All the weapon mounts would have a wider fire arc along the cross sectional circumference without interfering with neighboring mounts due to the curvature of the ship's sides.

Second: the shape lends itself to redirecting (when not a perpendicular hit) or dissapating energy strikes along the hull around the ship rather than the full kenetic energy being absorbed in one small area.

Third: due to its more compact shape, it is even more easily rolled due to no serious mass outlyers (like from wings, etc.)

And as a last issue, these ships operate on thrusters, the ships, cruiser class and above, don't fly....so why have wings? Makes no sense.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
1hand cont'd

Wait a moment....you mean the Invictus hold. facepalm...ok....yes and no. It takes more room to provide for lifting and lowering mechanisms than just having the mounts and external weapons. An oval shape would provide the necessary headroom within the hold while allowing for quite a few power cores and munitions rooms with autoloaders.

And while we are at it, have 7 of Faye's avatars pilot and fire the weapons.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I hope you have submitted ch79 to literotica by now tefler so we can read it by Thursday probably

1handslapping1handslappingalmost 7 years ago
getting

Fayes avatars to pilot the destroyer seems problematic, unless she gets an extra server. the signal lag would limit the machine to be really close to the main ship. Earth geostationary orbit is about the point where transmission time in both directions are equal to human reaction time, and thats assuming zero processing time.

However if Faye can be brought into the group with the girls more thoroughly, then with the instantaneous astral communication, it would be possible

txtraveler1960txtraveler1960almost 7 years ago
Re: Slapping _ Faye's piloting time lag

If John can sword train at hyper-speed in real-time across multiple star systems with his trainer then Faye can pilot several ships concurrently at up a few hundred kilometers apart with zero issues or time delays, using the same comm tech as the training simulator.

Why would Faye require an additional server? If her current server can sustain 12 separate fully aware AIs then no additional computing hardware is required. Tefler doesn't state that the secondary 11 AIs piggy back on the original primary AI.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very impressive

I literally read chapter one within hours of you posting it. At the time I was curious to see if you would stick with the story or leave it open ended as so many other authors have on this site much to my consternation. You sir have managed to write an enthralling story and over the last year or so that I've started paying serious attention to your work I've become more and impressed both your personal development as a writer and with the character and story development. Keep up the good work! My only regret is that finances are too tight for me to become a patreon but I am very thankful that you keep posting on here! If you ever decide to publish your work please post that on your profile so that I may buy it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Any update on ch 79 tefler ?????

I hope you have submitted it to literotica and we get to read it soon

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 79 Status

I've submitted Chapter 79 for moderation on literotica, so it should be up on the site within the next couple of days! :-)

Tefler

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyalmost 7 years ago
If the Progenitor picks his offspring's gender...

why did John's father decide to have a male instead of a female? It seems a female would have bolstered his power more since he was stranded alone with John's mom...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Bruce, Stop

Bruce, I get your trying to promote Tefler's Patreon, but please stop with your comments that are basically teasing readers like me who cannot afford at the moment to pay. I'm okay with comments that discuss the storyline and technical aspects of the story while encouraging people to join Patreon, but straight out bragging about reading on Patreon days before release in literotica several times every single chapter just really bugs me personally. Of course, I cannot speak for everyone, but I sincerely hope you will stop. In my opinion, it's rude and unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Agree with anon

Bruce, you really need to stop posting such comments. It's one thing encouraging new readers to join patreon (for which tefler's bio has the required info) and another thing to throw it in the faces of the readers who can't join patreon right now.

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 7 years ago
My response is this...

Ok, you may not like what I say.

At least you should know why & what I say.

Tefler produces amazing stuff. I started at Ch 60

By ch 70 I acknowledged that I was free-loading.

Tefler was providing free content. Most were enjoying it.

I decided to stand up for Teflet. I do not get a red cent for promoting his works. I do not know his name IRL

I am just a mug who reckons that those who like Tefler's stuff should pay. Those who do not, please turn him off.

In the end it does not matter what I think. But I do believe Tefler deserves more than a silent hand clap? I sure do.

No problems if you have a different view.

Please free to call me & every artist or author I support nasty names. I can remember lots of those criticisms.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
*Slow claps*

And here I thought, I was explaining things to an Adult.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
1hand

I agree with the astral plane idea....incorporating the Ashanath manner of manipulating machinery might be interesting...and something Faye could incorporate in her command and control matrix...since it does meld the gap between machine and the astral plane....hint...hint on getting Athena into a body, too.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Some loose ends that need tying up:

---Feel free to add---

1. All those Drakkar who were left out in space without means to retreat or survive

2. The Valkyrie upgrades

3. Sensae

4. John's Speech to the Maliri Techs through Edraele

5. Alyssa investing John's money

6. The working with Ceradine to run Rachel's skin care products line

7. The setting up of merchandise endorsements (to include kid's toys like “The Lion of the Federation Armored Suit” for boys and “The Lioness Armored Suit” for girls)

8. The invisibility fabric Sakura brought on-board the Invictus as a suit upgrade.

9. Shinatobe's master assassin ex-boss

10. The issues with Rachel's father (asking for her hand).

11. Calara catching up with her family (and Rachel with her father)

12. Brimorian Shields

13. Improved Heat sinks

14. The Quantum weaponry

15. The Progen ship armor (Have Dana figure out how to make the Progen Armor and incorporate it into the existing Invictus matrix of Crystal Alyssium so it will be an improvement over the existing Progen shield plates.)

16. The Progen capacitors--there have to be some--(for the ship's plating and for storing energy for weapon's use as well as storing redirected energy from energy weapons which impact the hull for use on the weapon's grid without having to create more power cores and to smooth out energy spikes in the power system which would allow the cores to be run in parallel...making the whole system more efficient)

17. Body shields (the Kintark and Drakkar already have them...and Dana has, or will soon have, access to the Drakkar shields now...so there is no excuse)

18. John's mother

19. John's other darker half.

20. The Kintark's second front

21. Bodies for both Athena and for Faye (I still say Rachel needs to start with Stem Cells, a nutrient rich incubation cylinder, and John's sperm and have John just build some bodies for them.)

22. Faye's PTSD

23. Two destroyer class weapon's platforms that can fit inside the Invictus

24. The Astral plane Behemoth

25. The Ashanath Fleet rebuilding and new ship models (they really need to incorporate mass drivers and/or heavy cannons).

26. The creation of stealth ships as gravity well and mine layers (along with a massive build up of said gravity wells and mines)

27. The creation of next generation torpedoes that utilize already realized technologies:

A. Programmable tractor beams to pull them into the ships so there are no thrust blooms to give them away and to eliminate any possible effective evasive maneuvers or even trying to outrun them.

B. Stealth technology like the skin Shinatobe wore which required little to no power so there is no tracking them.

C. Shielding to ward off both mass and energy weapon point defense systems as well as help rebound, redirect, and contain shaped charge wave energies upon initial explosion.

D. A miniaturized Progen power core which acts as a customizable shaped charge warhead (The U.S. already has anti-armor mines/rockets with this target informed, instantly custom shape-able, warhead tech) to either blow inwards in penetration mode or radially outwards in DE-shielding mode as the situation requires.

E. A common tactical coms interface to allow for shared target recognition, prioritization, and platform coordination capabilities with the Invictus battle coms matrix making them truly fire and forget weapons.

F. Armor piercing Maliri Crystal (or Progen plate shield technology) tips with its own impact activated, shaped charge to penetrate shielding and blow a hole through it (like a HEAT round) with crystal plasma to create a channel for the Progen power core payload to move into as it overloads and explodes. (Combined with the shape-able blast of the power core primary payload this could involve a three step customizable combination of penetration, penetration, penetration or penetration, radial blast and penetration or penetration, radial blast, radial blast to set up another torp for penetration, penetration, radial blast....the potential is almost limitless.)

G. I see the layout of the torps as penetrating tip topped with a miniaturized but powerful and aim-able tractor beam. The penetrating tip followed by the Progen power core and blast shaping mechanism then the miniaturized shield generator followed by a very powerful rocket section which lights off at the last second to help with mass/enertia as the penetrating tip engages and to help with shaped charge rebound....with a single fin as a coms interlink/avionics package (mini server like Irillith's gauntlet).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
BruceWo

This gloating about new chapters on Patreon is contra productive and does not encourage any Lit-member to support Tefler.

I joined Teflers Patreon site 2 months ago after reading the first 60 chapters in one rush, because I feel that 1$ per chapter is a small amount of money for about 50-70 pages of an amazing story line.

When I had read your comments (and similar ones from other Lit-readers) before, I am not sure I had done it.

However, I would be very interested to read what Tefler himself is thinking about this way of "support".

Norbert

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
hillcountrycowboy

No female Progens...Alyssa, and possibly Athena, are the exceptions.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
My thoughts on BruceWo

Why is it that he cannot voice his opinion? EVEN if it bothers others? Those asking him to stop are certainly voicing theirs. Double standard if you ask me...which you didn't...LOL.

When those in power (or those wishing to have power) have the ability, right, need to silence other's viewpoints then information control, and subsequent thought/social control, is a fait accompli`.

If you do not wish to be controlled in your viewpoints and statements, then return the courtesy. You do not have to agree. But asking him or harrassing him to make him stop is even more wrong than what he is doing.

Think about it before you also give me a slow clap and insult my intelligence as well.

txtraveler1960txtraveler1960almost 7 years ago
PussyLicker's "loose ends"

Since all current tech known is based on 10000 year plus old Progenitor tech then what John currently has access to will be inferior to that of the Progenitor's tech. And any work Dana does to improve this tech is based on info gifted to her by John, which at best will equal that of the Progenitor. (examples: 1) the upgrades from the Ashanath were thought to be the best until Dana realized they have flaws; 2) the Maliri servers were thought to be the best until they got their hands on a Progenitor server from the AIs, which are known to be flawed else the AIs would not be going rogue)

Although the Achonin (from the builders of the Underworld refinery) is high tech not based on that of the Progenitor, this species was wiped out by a single Progenitor. If Dana can access that tech and improve their current tech with it over the Progenitor tech then John may gain an upper-hand over the Progenitor causing shit in the galaxy.

Another possible boon is the Legacy the Ashanath have. With John's gift to Dana she could really mine that ship for some great tech if the Ashanath have not screwed it up getting it working. This would speed up getting their tech to equal that of the Progenitor, and then why bother visiting the other species to buy tech not equal to that of the Progenitor.

Another thought on the Progenitor is - which one is he? Mael'nerak or the one who defeated Mael'nerak? If the defeated Progenitor was John's father then the DNA info John is passing onto Dana might not be as high tech as they think. With the worm-hole generator the Progenitor has most likely visited every galaxy and may have tech no one has yet dreamed of, and which John may not have in his DNA.

Tefler could span this story out over years to get John up to the point of being able to confront the Progenitor!! ;-)

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
txtraveler1960

Thanks for the input!

My thoughts about the Progen tech is that it comes from genetic encoding. So unless a Progen were to do some serious materials science and lab work, something I just don't see happening...John and his girls being the exception of course...the Progen tech is not going to advance.

With the materials science of the Kintark, Drakkar, Ashanath, Maliri, Trankarans, Brimorians, and even the Enshunu: added to the Progen materials science, the resulting tech can easily be a realized improvement over the Progen Tech...giving John his necessary advantage.

Just one example:

I can see, with the Kintark high end heatsinks, the energy weapons, both ship based and hand-held, will undergo massive energy level increases (double their current levels is not unthinkable...making the Nova Lances pretty much unstopable, the Beam Lasers 24 times as powerful as Terran Standard, the laser rifles roughly equivalent to a Terran Beam laser, and the new Pulsed Beam Lasers 48 times as powerful as a Terran Beam Laser. The heatsinks also have applications with the singularity driver barrels as well as the gauss cannons....increasing velocity and/or fire rates.

I also see advanced capacitors coming from the Progen design as a base. These capacitors have the advantages of absorbing more energy weapon hits to the power grid without damage as well as directly storing power core energy to be released to the weapons at a higher, more stable level, reducing surges in the energy transfer to the weapons systems. This can also radically increase total available power.

The same can be said of incorporating the Progen ship shielding panels materials tech with what Dana has developed with Progen gifted Drakkar (onyxium), Ashanath (etherite), and Maliri (crystaline) materials sciences. Possibly being much more resilient than the standard Progen shield panels...and much of it possibly upgrading the progen capacitors to be able to handle/store levels of magnitude more power than the current Progen tech can accomplish.

Add just those two advancements to the next gen torpedoes I have suggested, and John's Battle Cruiser, and two accomanying Destroyers, become a Fleet level Projection of Power all by themselves...Even BEFORE the Brimorian shield upgrades.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES