All Comments on 'Time After Time'

by Maonaigh

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wonderful

I waited a long time for a new story from You. And it was worth the time for its another wonderful, heartily story about lovely people ! Sorry i could only give 5*

rml65rml65almost 7 years ago
Wow!

This was a beautiful and touching story! Thank you so much for sharing it!

1994lesbian1994lesbianalmost 7 years ago
Truly amazing.

This is insanely good. 😍 Incredible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful love story!

I love everything about this story. It makes you wonder about reincarnation. Great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well written

Well that was a rather long story. I really enjoyed every word of it. I think each word was necessary to tell the entire story. You had me glued. A beautiful love story. Thank you for sharing this with us,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Brilliant!

Thank you.

I've been watching out for this being posted. Loved it, and ended up reading the end long after I should have been asleep.

Regards

Dave

careythomascareythomasalmost 7 years ago
Well worth the wait!

I loved reading this! "Very twentieth century primitive" - that was a nice touch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Amazing

Absolutely amazing, kept me glued till the end. Second part maybe? 😍

jenorma2012jenorma2012almost 7 years ago
good story

I almost past it by when I saw how long it was, the only thing was you did not finish it at the end when Hal was telling Berry about all the dreams and then the pictures and telling her they will be together time after time, that would have made this an even better story, but still a good story anyway

scumbagscumbagalmost 7 years ago
One of the best

First time I have commented on a story ( I have read a wee few). The characters and storyline were amazing and well thought out. I really liked that you limited the sex and concentrated on the story. Well done and I do hope there is a part two, to explore the photo albums and the wedding etc.

Cheers

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4ualmost 7 years ago

Such a lovely story. I like how it is cleverly laid out between characters and time thru flashbacks and familiarity. The length and flow assisted with the build up and slow burn of the story leaving my mind sated. Maonaigh, I find your work enjoyable Time After Time. Congratulations

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 7 years ago
Lovely story!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaalmost 7 years ago
Great Story

I really thought it was a well written story. I do love happy endings. Only wish was Berry seeing the photographs and putting everything together.

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 6 years ago
Excellent

Thank you very much for this wonderfully told love story.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 6 years ago
Loved It!

A very well-told tale. Though I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that grandpa didn't punch the reverend in the face.

Maddie624Maddie624about 6 years ago

Absolutely brilliant!! I also wish there could have been a bit at the end with Berry realizing what Hal was talking about with regard to their past...I kind of hoped that the rector and the doctor would have been friends of theirs as well, in the present. That is simply a style thing and it was definitely fine without it...It was just an amusing thought to have the same debate carry on in the 21st century by those guys. Awesome piece of writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Magnificent

Where to begin on this fine piece of work. I continue to be a sucker for a long love story and was captured by the added element of reincarnation. I almost forgot about Amber until she was reintroduced and man oh man you created a mean bitch.

AvidReader47AvidReader47over 5 years ago
EXCELLENT!

I need to say no more. It is a wonderful story!

vanmyers86vanmyers86about 5 years ago

Another well-written tale from a talented author. The opening scenes evoke the times very well, and the later section capture the contemporary era. This was a lovely story to spend an evening with and I am glad I did!

P. S. The two women's names did make me wonder if you're a fan of Halle Berry. Care to comment? ☺

MaonaighMaonaighabout 5 years agoAuthor
Who she? (With apologies to Halle Berry.)

No, Van, no connection at all. My characters' names just came to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Switching First-Person points of view

I got halfway into the story when I realized I had mentally muddled Hal and Berry's back-stories, so I had to start from the beginning again or I wouldn't understand the rest of the plot. For me, the switching points of view were quite confusing. In the future, perhaps you might use the Omniscient POV for this situation. That would prevent this.

Starting over was well worth it. Thank you for a wonderful story!

woodseaveswoodseavesabout 4 years ago
Wondrous!

A wondrous story, I'm stunned by it's magic. Mystery, passion, sex, heroines, villains, ...... it has everything I might want in the story. The two-person narrative is a masterstroke, it wouldn't have the same impact written in the third person. OK, it took me a while to catch on, but that's part of the appeal.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 3 years ago

I just adored this, and goodness knows why it took me so long to getting around to a wonderful story so well told. But I will be reading more. Loved your characters and the intriguing plot lines xx

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54about 3 years ago

Wonderful story. Sorry it took me so long to read it. It was on my to-read list for a while and I finally got around to read it today. Five stars!

dbetjedbetjeabout 3 years ago

Five stars without a doubt

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 3 years ago

I’m late, I’m late but now that I’ve read this story it’s a case of better late than completely missing the shuttle. I too was a ways into the story before I caught on to who was whom was Berry was Hal. If no one catches my drift I eventually sorted it out. I had a bit of deja vu regarding Eleanor, Simone and the floral business. Maybe I started the story and drifted away and not returned for a year because I don’t remember the story. Maybe I’ve reached an age where I read a story and come back to it and it’s brand new to me all over again. Thank you Yogi. Blissfully clueless.

Bottom line, I loved the story and most of the individuals while hissing and booing at the villains.

I’m also reminded that I spent a lot of time reading about Edgar Cayce in a previous century. I doubt I’m alone in that. Thank you for a very enjoyable read.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 2 years ago

So very happy to have read this. It was touching. I enjoy eyernal love but I a hopeless romantic so oh well. I wanted to kiss Tina for her hand in this. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5*+

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

This is the third of your stories I have read, having started with Dark Rose and then A Girl With Moonlight in Her Eyes. You have earned the 5-star rating I've offered in tribute. That said, I think that based on your telling of Roisin's story you deserve the Nobel Prize in Erotic Literature.

You've switched first-person viewpoints between Berry and Hal alternating back and forth. In her afterword to her masterpiece, Hero Worship, the great JCMcNeilly tells us how writing that 8-episode epic drained her emotionally; she said specifically that she would never again attempt an alternating two-perspective narration, that it was just two taxing. But I don't think there's any question she pulled it off. Aly and Taylor are two different persons and personalities. They each speak in their own voice, and the reader, hearing/reading each one's first-person account, never gets lost.

You achieved the same thing in Dark Rose. The ability to convey voices that you displayed so masterfully in Roisin's story is uncanny. But I, along with several others who have commented, did get lost from time to time. As different as Berry and Hal are from one another, you just didn't capture the distinctiveness of their personalities in the voices you gave them.

I am in awe of your craftsmanship and artistry, particularly (but by no means exclusively) as they are manifested in Dark Rose. I look forward to savoring the rest of your oeuvre.

GP

FandeborisFandeborisabout 2 years ago

I cannot express my admiration any more than what Gaius said previously.

With all due respect ditto!

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

Loved it, you are a master of emotional writing, as I have said elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved this and thanks for getting this read first, looking forward so much to reading the rest of your stories, yes and I got dewy eyed they are that good

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Extraordinaire ...... Oh yes cindy lauper - time aftertime ...... Starting in 1860 telling a love story, a soulmate story, thick of love and trust, transfering this into 2000 and spinning a sapphic love story is fabulous ...... And Amber or the Reverent this is the humans mature, hate greed intolerance and much more ...... Awonderful written romance

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀

turbo_geoduckturbo_geoduckover 1 year ago

So original and well-written! I'm praying there'll be a part 2!

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Unfortunately, this one did little for me. Because of the way it was presented, there was no suspense or uncertainty in. Right from the first paragraph, the end was clear. There was no subtly in the opening; the whole reincarnation things was thrust into our faces such that we didn't have to "pick up on it"; no effort required from us.

Now, they say, men are all about the destination and women are all about the journey. So for half of us at least, in principle, knowing the ending does not make the middle uninteresting. But throughout the story, at each major curve, foreshadows and hints were dropped that what was about to happen wasn't important and could be ignored. "I should have known better about Amber" (rephrased in my words, not yours) makes me say, "Uh, so, Amber is a waste. She's not important to the 'real' story." And so it went.

It wasn't that the storyline itself wasn't good or meaningful, it was that I was constantly being told, "This isn't the real story yet," encouraging me to pay less attention and even skip ahead in a few cases (I mean, what was the importance to the 'real' story about the loss of her virginity?) to get to "the" story. It developed the feel of memoirs and felt encyclopedic (e.g., first this happened, then this, then that). Or, said another way, because the 'scenes' weren't the real story, they had no emotional content for the reader.

Compared to every one of your previous works (and I am carefully reading all your works in publication order to "watch you grow"), this one felt cold and detached.

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

I thought with the reincarnation title time after time, the would be about them meeting throughout time getting right and wrong. Nonetheless I enjoyed the story

Probus888Probus888over 1 year ago

I have no doubt that the author has read 'She' by H. Rider Haggard which tells of a reincarnated lover meeting his past but almost immortal love in darkest Africa. If anyone reading this comment hasn't read 'She' then do. It was written in 1887 so parts may be a little dated now but I will never forget the imagery in that gothic romance/horror.

Anyway, Maonaigh's tale also deals with reincarnation but unlike 'She' it is a gentle and tender romance even with the scheming villainess Amber to throw a spanner in the works. 'Time after Time' is a lovely well-written tale and worth reading. Thank you for sharing, 5* from me.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6438 months ago

So Good!

A beautiful love story across the ages!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That was sweet and intelligently thought out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaonaigh@Maonaigh
I've been writing semi-pro since the 1960s, most of my stories falling under the blanket heading of weird tales. However, I'd written nothing for 5-6 years because my wife was very ill and disabled and care for her was my priority. Some months after her death in December 2013 ...