Time for Truth Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked away as the males argued. Bruce's friends were now silent and no longer participating in his cruel game. Saphirra remembered happier times. She recalled meeting the Texas wolves when they first arrived. After the initial shock of learning they were relatives, they were eagerly welcomed into the fold. She was working in a motorbike of one of the Thetas when Kevin approached her the first time. He asked for directions and she gladly pointed him in the right direction. He seemed surprised to realize she was a girl. The next day, Kevin came back and brought his friends to meet this girl that acted like a guy. All of the guys were nice, and her brother came out to see what was going on. He liked the guys, but sent them on their way. After the initial meeting, the guys were often polite, but visiting her was not a main priority.

Saphirra was used to being forgotten. She wasn't very pretty. She wasn't book smart. Honestly, she barely earned her diploma. Alpha Michael at first balked at the idea of a female working in a garage. The mechanics were often dirty, worked odd hours, and most females were not interested in that type of work. Patch talked to Alpha Madam for his sister. Fixing things was something she was good at. Since she was a pup, he had her with him. Saphirra didn't want to be away from her brother and Patch took full responsibility for his kid sister. Much to their parents dismay, their little girl was a tomboy and she never grew out of it. Eventually, Alpha Michael agreed, but told them that if anything went wrong notify them.

The Texas wolves were nice, but they didn't understand everything that went on here. Saphirra didn't want the attention, so she decided to diffuse the situation. "Benny, look it's alright. Bruce and the others they are just joking. Right guys?" Saphirra explained, trying to keep things from escalating.

"Yea, man. We didn't mean... I mean we're sorry Saphirra." One guy apologized. "We were just messing with you." He explained. Bruce glared at his friend because he then realized he'd taken his teasing too far. She was hurt, and he could see it.

"Saphirra, Benny" Bruce added taking a step back. "I was just messing with you. I mean we know you guys aren't gay. I just wanted..." he looked away, embarrassed. He knew he'd just blown any chance of getting this girl to even look at him. His friends were silent and he and Saphirra just looked at each other. She was so damn cute. When he saw her leave with Benny, he had to stop them from doing anything. But, they didn't deserve the stunt that he'd pulled. Saphirra had to truly forgive him. He'd make this up to her somehow. "Saphirra, I'm sorry." He whispered.

Saphirra looked at Bruce, then she faced Benny. "Let's walk back. I have to help prep for tomorrow anyway." She suggested.

Benny didn't want to walk away, but he also didn't want to engage in an altercation with any members of this pack. This pack was a part of his family and he'd do whatever he had to maintain peace. Bruce looked at the couple before him, "Yea, Saphirra, Benny, sorry we ruined your night. Look, maybe we can hang out together sometime." He suggested. His friends didn't say anything and Bruce watched feeling perturbed as Saphirra walked away with Benny. She never wanted to walk anywhere with him.

As they walked away from the group, first Benny was silent. He thought about home. At home no one would be allowed to treat another pack member this way. Not that Loess Falls was perfect, but all of the members knew they were safe. That thought caused Benny to pause. Did they really make sure all of their pack members were safe? As he pondered, his father called. Son, what's wrong? Has something happened? Blaine asked.

Dad, I'm ok. I will call when I get back to the apartment. Benny sent. He wanted to talk with his Dad, but right now he had to make sure his companion was alright. From the way Bruce and his friends acted, this was not the first time they bothered this girl. Well it would end, because he would not allow it to continue. Saphirra was quiet. Too quiet.

"Saphirra, I know it's not my business, but you need to report those males. The Alphas need to be informed." He suggested.

Saphirra smiled, "They were just joking; they meant no harm." She excused their actions, but Benny didn't like it. Soon they arrived at her home, and he bid her good night with a light kiss to the temple. Saphirra's parents looked on and were awed. A kiss to the temple was symbolic, and to see the gentleness with which the junior beta treated their daughter pleased them.

*****

Phillip walked to the Alphas office. It was late so he knew this meeting would not take long. As he approached the door he waved at Clarence, who was getting ready to go home.

He approached the alphas door and knocked lightly. "Come in." Michael called and Phillip entered nervously.

"Phillip, sit. We need to talk." Alpha Michael stated. Phillip looked around for Madam Alpha Brandy, but she was nowhere around.

Phillip sat and Michael smiled. "Brandy is resting. I didn't think we needed her here. She will talk with you though. First of all, welcome to the family. I know you are nervous but there is no need to be. I wanted to let you know that this is home and we are excited to have you join us. We need to introduce you to the pack. Have you told your friends yet? Your family?" Michael asked.

"I have not told my parents. Alpha Javon is aware." Phillip took a deep breath. Alpha Michael waited. Then he smiled, Phillip relaxed. He was such a serious person unlike Alpha Javon, but for some reason he felt safe. Things would be fine and he'd adjust. He had one request. He knew Benny wanted to ask, but since he had the Alpha's ear, he would ask first. "Alpha Michael, would you mind if my sisters and Benny's cousins came here for a visit. They've never been here and I think they'll like it here. I mean, with both your and Alpha Madam's permission of course." He waited.

Michael nodded and answered, "Yes, but let me talk with Javon first. I'm sure he won't mind." Michael assured his newest pack member. Then he felt odd, something was going on with a female. He'd talk with his mate and see if she could find out what was going on.

"Well, as much as I love talking with you, I am heading to bed." Michael explained as he stood to escort Phillip to the door. Phillip smiled and bid his new alpha a good night. After talking with him, he felt better. Phillip headed back to the room he shared with three other junior betas when he saw Kevin waiting on Benny and Ares. He spoke with his friend and soon the other two joined them. The boys bid each other a good night, but Phillip could see that something bothered Benny. He looked at his friend, but Benny shook his head indicating that he didn't want to talk right now. Changing the topic, Phillip shared great news. "Oh I talked with Alpha Michael and he said the girls can come see us. He wants to call Alpha Javon though." The guys smiled. Benny was still solemn, he was still upset over the way Saphirra had been treated. What bothered him most was his thoughts of the pack back home.

Ares noticed and bid Phil a great night. As they drove back the apartment, Kevin chatted but Benny was silent. Benny, what is it? Ares asked, unable to ignore his silence any longer. Benny didn't answer. He was deep in thought. At this point, Kevin had become aware of his friend somber mood. Kevin and Ares shared a look, but continued the drive home in silence.

*****

After having lunch with Braden, Javon returned to the compound with Gernick and Garrick. Elise met her mate and greeted their friends. Soon, Thaddeus and Nina joined them along with Nicolette who stopped by earlier.

Javon decided to just inform the group of that was going on. As they talked, his phone rang. It was Geraldo. His plane would be landing soon. Javon and Elise decided to meet their new guest at the airport. Nina wanted to join them but Thaddeus agreed that only the Alphas needed to go. Gernick and Nicolette didn't like it, but they respected the wishes of their wolf family. Javon and Elise left for the city, and Nina and Thaddeus went for a walk. Nickie and Gernick looked a Garrick, and decided that for now they would just go home.

Javon arrived at the airport. He was informed that the plane from Mexico had landed. He was nervous and Elise gave him a mental hug. Braden stood with the Alpha pair anxiously awaiting the arrival of his friend. Three wolves along with their driver stood looking and soon a tall dark haired male appeared. As soon as Geraldo came into view, Elsie gasped. Javier was the exact image of the male they were about to meet.

Javon placed his hand on his mate's waist. He led her to the new male. As he approached, Javon's hackles rose. This male was an Alpha. Squaring his shoulders, Javon greeted the new male. "Geraldo, welcome to Texas. Come, we have a car waiting."

"Alpha Loess, Madam Alpha. Thank you for being willing to meet with me." Geraldo greeted him shaking his hand. After that, he did not speak anymore, but followed the Alpha. As they approached the exit, Geraldo saw his friend Braden. He relaxed a bit. The five left and traveled back to the compound. Javon decided that he'd meet with him there instead if someplace else. As they arrived, several wolves meandered about wondering who the two men with their Alphas were; they eyed the strange men warily but eventually went on with their day. Elise and Javon invited Geraldo into their office. Nina and Thaddeus joined them.

Javon took a moment and introduced each person in the meeting. "Nina, Thaddeus, I'm glad you could join us. Let me introduce our guest. This is Braden Sims, he's a private investigator. This is Geraldo Cortez. He's the children's birthfather." Nina gasped. Immediately she became defensive.

"Wait, he's their father. What do you want?" She asked facing the newcomer.

"Ma'am, I do not mean to cause any problems. I just need to see my children. Things happened, and..." Nina cut him off.

"No, No, No. Those are my grandbabies. You can't come here and try to take them. For fourteen years, those children have been with my son and daughter-in-law. They are their family. What exactly do you plan to accomplish by coming here?" Nina demanded. Thaddeus stood behind her and held her close, helping her to calm down. Geraldo spoke and was as honest as he could be.

"Nina, I was locked up when I was nineteen years old. I had no money, no way to protect my family. I had no intention of abandoning my mate and children. My entire life, has been spent with me struggling to get free and find them. For the last year, since my release I have searched for them, and now I know they are here. I won't lie to you. I'd love to take them with me, but that is not in their best interest. I have no home, but I need to see them and know that they are fine."

Javon spoke. He actually sympathized with the other man, but the needs of his pack came first. "Nina, Geraldo, let's sit." He faced both people. "Geraldo, I know the situation with your kids was through no fault of your own. I need to have their parents join us, but I want to find out your intentions here." Geraldo crossed his arms. He faced the Alpha and wanted to simply demand that his children be brought to him. However, for some reason he didn't feel he needed to. Braden spoke. He felt the need to defend his friend.

"Listen, Geraldo is an honorable man. He was a kid when he got in trouble and locked up. He just wanted to see his kids. If you were in his place wouldn't you do the same?" Braden spoke. He could see that these wolves were taking the defensive against his friend. Geraldo appreciated Braden for his defense of him, but he spoke with his friend, hoping to alleviate his concern.

"Braden, the Alpha and their family mean no harm. Their ire is understandable and I actually appreciate it." Geraldo took a deep breath and Braden visible relaxed. "I know that my children are safe. This is their family."

Braden nodded, and tensions relaxed. Nicolette sensed that Nina was worried and she knew through Gernick that Javon was meeting with Cortez. She had to check on her friend., Nina, do you need me? she asked.

Nickie, I'm fine. I do need to talk. If it's no problem, I'll visit you later, OK. Nina replied.

Nickie felt relieved. Nina was coming over and they would talk. She didn't like this, and maybe talking with her friend could help. This guy was a threat to BJ. He could hurt him. That simply was not tolerable. She vowed years ago that no one would hurt Nina or her children. She meant it.

Geraldo was not man to mince words. Time in prison taught him that honesty paid. He could sit here and exchange niceties all day, but talking accomplished nothing but wasted time. He faced the Alpha couple and the other two wolves that were present. He knew what needed to be done and he'd simply ask for it. "Call them. Call their parents. I need to meet them."

Javon froze. Geraldo's demand was a clear order. The Alpha took offense at another giving him orders concerning his pack. Geraldo realized his mistake. "I apologize Alpha Javon; I meant no disrespect. It's just that talking about this solves nothing. I want a chance to meet the couple that has taken care of my children and express my gratitude. I feel that it would be easier to go through everything with them at one time instead of staging additional meetings. I do know that now may not be the best time, but if we can schedule a meeting then we can lay everything out in the open."

Javon wanted to disagree, but Gerald essentially said the exact same thing as his mate. She' d already asked if she needed to call BJ and Jules. Javon was fair above all else. In this situation, most would fear appearing weak, but Javon was not worried about that. He looked at his brother and his sister-in-law. Nina nodded, agreeing with their guest.

Javon nodded. "Geraldo, you have a point. BJ is at work and will be home later this evening. We can meet before dinner. Look, although I understand your point of view, I must do what is best for my pack." Javon explained. "Now, I am inviting you and Mr. Sims to stay here with us. You are more than welcomed." He explained. Geraldo smiled, and started to refuse, but his funds was limited. Besides, staying here, he was close to his children. So he and Braden accepted Javon's invitation to stay, and the group disbanded as Javon and Elise showed there guest to their rooms.

After getting the Geraldo and Braden settled, Javon sent a message to BJ. BJ what time are you off tonight? he asked.

The usual, five. Why? BJ asked. Sensing that something was going on.

We need to meet as soon as you get off of work. Can you call Julianne and the both of you be at my home by five thirty? Javon explained.

BJ answered and assured Alpha Javon he and his mate would be there. He then disconnected from the Alpha and called Jules. He explained that they needed to meet at the alpha home.

*****

Meanwhile in California, Benny called his father. He told his dad about the confrontation the night before. He was still angry. Blaine listened, and then he waited. Finally, Benny asked if things like that happened at home. Blaine was silent. He took a deep breath, and told Benny a little bit about how his Mom, Aunt, and Uncle were treated as kids. They were not really pack, and some members ostracized them. The girls had it much harder than BJ, but as they grew older things leveled out. Benny was appalled. Pack members treated his Mom the way Bruce and his friend treated Saphirra. It was wrong. Blaine knew his son was upset, and this was something he had to work through on his own.

"Benny, everyone is safe. We now take precautions to make sure no one is treated the way they were back then. I know you told Saphirra you would not report them, and try not to break your word, but talk to someone. If you can't talk to Alpha Michael then talk with one in the betas. It's their job to protect the pack. I don't think that young man will tease her anymore. He knows she has someone watching her back now. Just be careful, alright." Blaine added, suspecting they might be meeting their future daughter-in-law soon.

"OK, and Dad, thanks." Benny replied. Soon they ended their conversation and Blaine needed his mate.

Love, what is it?Celia asked, feeling a sense of melancholy through her mate bond.

Love, Benny had a question. I answered it. Um, babe, can you come home? I need you. he sent, his body was now thrumming with need for his woman. It had been a whole two nights since he'd tasted her sweetness and he needed her now.

Celia laughed, Love, I'm working with my youth group right now. Later, I promise. Blaine groaned.

*****

Benny returned to the compound over the next few days. The first person her looked for was Saphirra. He found her working in the pack garage repairing two jeeps. Benny smiled; Saphirra was good with her hands. Much better than he was. He helped the pack members with their usual work: taking care of the grounds, basic maintenance, and a few repairs. Then he got permission can from his supervisor to visit Saphirra. As he suspected, she was covered in oil. She smiled when he walked up. The guys in the garage teased her for having a boyfriend, but it was all fun.

She took the teasing in stride, knowing her brother loved her unconditionally. He wondered if he was aware of her treatment by certain pack males. Within seconds of meeting Patch, he had his answer.

Benny and Saphirra spent most of their free time together. At first she was wary, because most wolves avoided her. Now the most handsome wolf she'd ever met wanted to be around her. Strange! Since her friendship with Benny had blossomed, some of the pack females took an interest in her as well. Although some were nice, a few of the females were vicious.

Benny really liked being with this girl. He still did not like the way some of the pack members treated her. He felt the alphas needed to be informed. But he promised her he'd stay out of it. He became her confidant, and her one true friend.

As the weeks progressed, Alpha Michael gave permission for the girls to visit over the weekend. The guys were excited. They were swamped in classes, so through the week they didn't visit the compound each day. Saphirra missed seeing her friend, but he did call each day, so that was something.

It was one night that Saphirra was a bit down. She needed sometime alone. A call came to the garage about a vehicle that stalled. Her brother Patch was asleep, so she went out to take the call. Her Dad told her to wake her brother, but she told him she could handle it. When she arrived, she recognized that it was Bruce. He smiled when Saphirra drove up. This was what he was waiting for. A chance to get this girl alone. Bruce knew he gave her a hard time, but in truth he thought Saphirra was the most amazing of all the females. She wasn't like other women in the pack. She didn't sleep around and she was smart. However, she never noticed him. She liked Benny, as did everyone else.

Bruce decided to change his approach. As Saphirra walked up, he met her. He smiled, "Hey Saphirra, thank you for coming. I thought Patch would come. I'm not sure what's wrong. It just stalled out." He explained.

Saphirra didn't reply. She really didn't like being alone with this guy. So she just asked him to pop the hood. She checked the engine, and then asked him to crank it. Within seconds, Saphirra knew what the problem was and she repaired the vehicle. She told Bruce to bring it to the garage for work because what she did was temporary..