Time for Truth Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She turned to leave and Bruce caught her hand. She started to pull away, but he would not let go. "Saphirra, are you with Benny? I mean, I know you're friends, but are you a couple?" he asked hesitantly.

"No we're friends. Not that it's your business." Saphirra answered.

Bruce smiled. He still had a chance to win her affections. He had to approach her differently. "Look, Saphirra. I know I always give you a hard time, but I really like you. I was hoping we could talk and maybe you could give me a chance.

"Look, Bruce, I'm not sure if I believe you. Look your car is fixed. I'll see you at the shop in the morning." Saphirra answered.

Bruce understood. He was extremely rude to her and Benny when he saw them together a few days ago. It angered him because he didn't like seeing her with another male. He had no idea how to get her attention and Benny had no trouble getting her to notice him. Bruce could admit that he was a bit jealous of the Loess wolves, but not envious. They were great guys, and in all honesty, he knew that his approach to Saphirra was all wrong.

He let her hand go, but not before asking one question. "Will you go out with me?"

Saphirra started to refuse, because her wolf protested. This could be a joke. He might want to... her wolf spoke. Saphirra froze and Bruce could see the fear and doubt in her eyes. He immediately felt contrite, because he knew that he caused her to have this doubt. He realized that he'd gone too far.

"Saphirra, listen. I'll let you pick the time and place. Let your brother know so he can check on you." Bruce offered. "If you would give me a chance, you'll see that I'm really not as horrible as you think." He concluded smiling. "Besides, if I do anything to disrespect you, you can report me to the Alphas." He concluded.

Saphirra hesitated. She thought about Benny and she wondered what he would think. "Listen, Bruce. I don't know." She answered hesitantly. "I mean there are so many females that want you, how do I know this isn't a trick?" she asked.

Bruce looked away. "I tell you what. Give me a chance. If I can show you that I have changed, will you let me treat you to a sundae one Saturday." He asked. "It will be during the day, and you can even bring your friend along." He added.

Saphirra looked at him. He seemed sincere, but she wanted to talk with her friend first. "I'll let you know. I have to go now. Remember to bring your jeep in tomorrow for service." She reminded him then she got in her car and drove away. Bruce stood on the side if the road, staring in the direction in which she drove.

*****

Ares had to work on a project and could not get back to the compound. He called Zoe and she was busy as usual. It was during one of his calls that he heard voices in the background. "Zoe, is someone with you?" he asked curiously.

"Yea, some of the guys stopped by. We're going for a run after dinner." She explained.

"Who's running? A group of you or just you and a guy alone?" Ares asked. His wolf didn't approve of her spending time with other males. Ares noticed that since they returned, his wolf started to view the beautiful blonde differently.

Zoe didn't like his questions. They were friends and not mates. His tone indicated something more than friendship. Her wolf seemed to like it though as she smiled happily swishing her tale in approval. However, parameters had been set at the start of their unique friendship. It was only sex and nothing else. They were still free agents and could spend time with whomever they chose. Yea, right. Her wolf chastised her. He went home for a weekend, yet all you worried about was him finding someone there. Keep lying to yourself, but you aren't fooling me. she bragged. Zoe took a deep breath, and reminded Ares of the boundaries they set early on.

Realizing others males were interested in Zoe made Ares think about their relationship. She explained to him months ago that she wasn't looking for a mate and he accepted her decree. The thing is he wasn't looking for on either, but that didn't mean they each had not found one. Ares decided to table that thought for later. Right now, he'd focus on studying and this weekend, he and Zoe would find time to talk. Until then, he told her to have a great time, and he'd see her Saturday.

She wasn't his mate, but right now she was his girlfriend. However, he was not alpha son without learning some things from his father. He checked his response and answered. "You're right, we are just friends. You can date whom you like. Just like I can. So have fun, Zoe. If you have time, we can spend time together this weekend. My sister and cousins will be here. I really want you to meet them." he explained.

Zoe was pissed. Ares Loess had ruined her for other males and he knew it. "It will be a group. I'm not spending time with anyone else. Are you happy now?" she asked. Ares smiled as he realized something. Zoe was his first serious girlfriend. What if she was his mate? His mate had not been revealed to him, yet, but that didn't mean anything. Marisol found her mate and she was much younger than him. Uncle Thaddeus waited decade before he found his mate. Uncle Blaine impregnated his mate and they didn't get together for a few years. He thought about her all of the time. He wasn't interested in anyone else. When they went home for Marisol's party, he missed her terribly. It was only for a few days, but it felt as if he'd been away from her for months. He sighed, and for a few minutes neither spoke. Soon, Zoe's friends called and she had to go. They hang up the phones and Ares returned to his assignment, but all he could think about was Zoe.

Zoe joined her friends, but she really missed Ares. That's weird she thought as everyone undressed, shifted and went for a run.

Meanwhile, Ares was in deep thought, if Zoe was his, then he needed to step up. He wondered if Kevin or Benny had found their mates. He knew Kevin was hung up on Desda, but Benny didn't reveal much. He was different. Other than his new friendship with Saphirra, he didn't mess with females. Oh, he knew why. He didn't want to risk getting anyone pregnant. Because if his genetic make-up, being he had vampire DNA, he could impregnate a she wolf that was not his mate. So he abstained. But he wondered if his cousin was even looking for his mate. He smiled. They were young, college freshmen that were trying to live a little. No one was ready to start a family. It would happen when it happened. Ares smiled to himself as he pictured Zoe once more, then he finished his work. After he was done, he went to bed to dream of a certain female that seemed to be imbedded in his brain.

*****

A few days had passed since Geraldo arrived at the compound. The children had not been told of his presence. He wasn't really banned from moving around, but he stayed secluded in the Alpha home to prevent the children from seeing him even accidentally. The Alpha triplets were curious and often tried to sneak a peek at their parents secret guest. Braden loved it., The kids were adorable and so very crafty. He would have to leave soon, because he had a new job. However he told his new client that he'd be there in a week. He wanted to make sure Geraldo and the Loess wolves would find a way to work together first. He was not leaving his friend in this situation on his own.

This weekend, the girls were flying to California to see their cousins. Marisol was excited and everyone knew. She even talked with Zeke and he teased her and told her to have a great time.

She loved talking with him. She missed him. As much as she was looking forward to visiting with her family in California, she wanted to go to Louisiana and see Zeke just as badly. He told her they would see each other soon, He was actually coming back to Loess Falls to visit the next week. Marisol smiled. She couldn't wait to see him.

It was finally Friday and Marisol was back in class. Finals was a few weeks away. She was lucky, because of her high GPA she was exempted from exams. However, her thoughts often drifted to a certain blonde beta that she spoke to every night before bed. He'd only been away from her for a few weeks, but it felt like a lifetime. Often she'd find herself thinking about him much to her father's dismay. Momma would just smile and tease Daddy.

Soon the day ended and she and Desda waited for Rosita to join them. Desda's parents bought her a new mini SUV as a birthday gift, and she'd give the two of them a ride home. Soon they were home and Desda told Mari she wished she could fly to California with them Saturday morning. Marisol smiled and hugged her friend. They were only visiting for a few days and would be back Tuesday. School was closed for two days so they had a mini-break. Rosita laughed. She could not wait to go. At sixteen, she was surprised her parents agreed to allow her to travel with just her sister and her cousin.

As they walked into the house, the atmosphere was different. Momma was home and Marisol knew something had her worried. She tried to hide it. She smiled and greeted them, but something was not quite right. Fortunately, the two younger children were unaware of the subtle changes in their parents. Heaven and Nevaeh greeted their siblings and eagerly shared their day. Marisol listened praising her younger sisters for their drive and accomplishments.

Soon she was alone with Momma. "Momma, what is it? What's wrong?:" she asked.

"Baby, nothing is wrong. Stop worrying. Now have you packed everything for your flight. You guys are leaving out early?" Julianne asked hoping to distract her.

Knowing that whatever it was, Momma wouldn't share right now. Marisol went along with her and told her that her bags were ready. Soon Poppa came home. He hugged each of them. But Marisol noticed that he hugged the three of them tighter than the youngest two. Something was going on.

That night she went to the dining hall and helped serve dinner. Around seven she called Zeke. He answered and they talked. He made her laugh and she missed him. He knew this girl. Something was bothering her. "Babe, what's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing, no need to concern yourself. It's just stuff." She answered, not wanting to betray her family secrets to anyone, even though this was her mate.

"Marisol, you can trust me. Tell me what's bothering you." He whispered. She burst into tears. Zeke's heart broke as she cried. Then she told him of the strange feelings of doom she had. Her parent's secrets, and the fact that they are sending them away this weekend. She felt something was about to happen and her parents were trying to protect them from it. Zeke listened, and he knew that when she returned from her visit to Thane, he'd be in Texas when she got back. He'd talk to the alphas tonight. His mate needed him and he would not let her down. Soon she finished and Zeke waited. Then in the most soothing of tone he spoke. "Marisol, your parents love you. They would lay down their lives for each and every one of you. Whatever it is, I'm sure BJ will get a handle on it. OK. Don't worry so much, Love. I love you baby. I'll be there to see you next weekend, OK. And then we can talk more if you need to alright." He added.

Although he was hundreds of miles away, her wolf relaxed. His words gave her a sense of comfort. She smiled. This man, this amazing guy was hers, and one day she would claim him. All of a sudden heat filled her body and she gasped, and Zeke laughed. "I know what you're thinking. I think about it too. It will happen, and believe me babe when it does, I'm never letting you go." His voice husky and hot. Marisol was aroused, and her mate was miles away from her. Soon he chuckled and said, "Sweetness, you have an early flight and I have early duty. We need rest. Call me when you get to California, OK."

"OK, and Zeke, I miss you. Love you. Bye." She hang up. She went to her room and lay down. Rosita was sleep in the twin bed next to hers. She thought of her mate and smiled. Then sleep overcame her and soon she was off to dream land. At first, it was happy. She was with Zeke and they frolicked and played in wolf form, but soon the dream changed.

Mama was there, not her Momma, but her real mother. She was feeding Rosita and Marisol was playing with her dolls. Javier was in his basinet sleeping. Soon someone hit the door. Momma told her to hide. "Take the babies and hide." She screamed. The wolf man kicked the door in. Mama fought him and he hit her. Then the gun and the shots rang out. She relived the nightmare again and again. Until she screamed in terror.

"Marisol, sweetheart, what is it?" BJ rushed into the room, knowing she had the dream again. He wished he could take that memory away and now this man was back. He had to protect his children.

BJ, is everything OK? Nina sent. She felt her granddaughter's fear and knew she'd had the dream again.

It's just a dream Momma, she's fine. BJ replied.

Marisol hugged her father and cried, "Daddy something is happening. Something bad is going to happen; I feel it., Poppa, I'm scared." She sobbed. BJ held his daughter, pulling Rosita into his tight embrace as well as his twin daughters. He and Julianne had met Cortez earlier that day in the Alpha home. This man was a threat to him, to his family, but BJ couldn't hate him. If he could, he'd fight and demand that he leave. However, these kids needed their other father. He shared a look with his mate and they nodded. Their children needed the truth, and they had to step aside and allow then the chance to meet their real parent.

Julianne stood at the door, holding her son, Javier in her arms. His body shook. He was fourteen years old; he was no longer a child, but not yet a man. He didn't talk much, but that didn't negate his feelings. She could feel the tension building inside him. "Javier, we're here for you. All of you, please talk to me." Julianne pleaded. She held her son, recalling when he was an infant. She remembered every detail, his dark locks, big brown eyes, and that smile that melted your heart. As he grew he was always into something with and without the other pack kids. He was a natural leader, and now she knew why. Her baby was an alpha son.

Julianne relived events from earlier. Earlier that evening, she and BJ arrived at the alpha home. They knew something big was about to happen. They walked into his office and sitting there was a man. Not just any man, but a man that looked just like their son. BJ was ready to fight, and she was ready to let him. Javon ordered him to stand down. Elise spoke to her reassuring her that their children were safe. Soon the tensions eased, and Javon introduced his guest.

Javon introduced everyone and then gave Geraldo the floor. Geraldo spoke and explained what happened to him. He also told them that he was willing to do whatever was in the best interest of his children. BJ balked once again. This man was not taking his kids. Thaddeus spoke, and BJ calmed down again. Then Geraldo asked a question that gave everyone pause. "If something happened and they were taken from you, would you not search for them? Would you spend every waking hour trying to find those you lost?" BJ recalled when Mrs. Valdez vanished. He searched for months, not eating, not sleeping. He had to find her. It was then that he understood and could relate to this man. He needed his children, but BJ could not let them go.

"I understand lost, Cortez. You are right. I know how it feels to lose a love one and I know what it means to search for them. But these are my children, and if you think... You can't take them away." He argued.

Cortez spoke, "They are mine, my flesh and blood. I thought they perished, but they survived. I lost my Angel, please don't make me walk away from our children."

The two men stared at each other. Neither one was breathing or speaking. They were two fathers willing to fight any demon for their children. Finally Julianne spoke, "Mr. Cortez, do you plan to take them from us?" she asked, voicing her deepest fear.

Geraldo looked at his children's mother. She was lovely, and for a second he wished..., but Angel was gone. "No, I have no home. I work odd jobs and am here as a guest. I just want to meet them and get to know them. I owe you and your mate my gratitude for doing for them what I could not do. You took care of them, loved them. It is not my intention to cause anyone pain, but I need them in my life as well. Do I plan to take them, honestly, I don't know. But I will do what is best for my children." He answered as honestly as he could.

Elise spoke, "Geraldo, we need time, a few days. We are not denying you the right to see them, but let us introduce you in the least traumatic way that we can. BJ, Jules, Alpha Michael and Brandy said the girls could visit Thane over the weekend. Javier has been wanting to sleepover at Nickie's with Theo and Jonathan. Let's let them have a vacation this weekend and next week, we will introduce them to Geraldo." She suggested. Javon was silent, he watched the interaction between the Daniel's couple and Cortez. He knew this situation would reach a peak, and he needed to be prepared for backlash.

BJ faced his alphas and nodded. He had no more words. Julianne wrapped her arms around her mate and Nina joined her in comforting her son. Geraldo watched, and he felt for the Beta, because he knew how devastating this had to be for him. Javon ended the meeting and was concerned because BJ was so silent. Soon, the group traveled to the dining half or diner, and Javon ordered the Omegas to bring trays to the alpha home for his guest. BJ wasn't hungry, but he knew if he didn't eat, Marisol would worry, so he ate.

Julianne was amazed. Javier was the mirror image of his birthfather. The square jaw, dark locks, piercing eyes, were clearly from the man they'd met earlier this day. They already knew that Marisol and Rosita looked like their mother. As they ate, the children watched them warily. They smiled at Rosita and Javier and they calmed, but Marisol wasn't fooled. Although they tried to cover up their anxiety, but Marisol was always super sensitive. She had to have known something wasn't right and it triggered the dream.

Javier returned his mother's embrace, not wanting to upset her. "I'm fine Momma. I just wish..." He didn't have to finish. They all wished they could take away Marisol's dreams. The small family stood together in the small bedroom shared by the two oldest girls. Soon, the twin grew sleepy and BJ and Jules carried them to bed. Javier stayed with his older sisters. Rosita looked at her younger brother and smiled. She was sixteen and he was two years younger, but the three of them shared a bind that no one could break. "Marisol," Javier whispered. "I wish I could take that dream away. I wish I could..." he stopped. He wasn't a baby and he would not cry.

"Oh Javier, it's OK." Marisol whispered as she embraced her younger brother. "It's just a nightmare, that's all." She told him. He wanted to believe her, but every time she had a bad dream it was the same one. That had to mean something. Tomorrow, he'd talk with Jonathan and see if they had some books in their family library on dreams. He wasn't buying the bad dream story anymore.

BJ and Julianne returned. "Javier, come on. Let your sisters rest. OK." BJ suggested. He knew his son. He was thinking about something and he knew he'd try to find an answer for the reoccurring dreams.

"OK Poppa" Javier answered as he hugged his mom and she kissed him good night. "Ew, Momma, I'm not a baby."He complained.

Jules laughed, "You're my baby, and don't forget it." She replied. Soon they stood for a few more minutes at the girl's door and then they hugged and kissed them good night.