Time for Truth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

The celebrations lasted into the night. Soon the kids had a flight out and needed rest, so everyone bid each other good night and went home. Several of the children didn't want to separate and vampire child and were cub alike begged to stay with their friend. Their parents declined, but assured the little ones that they'd get together at a later time.

********

Benny and his siblings went home with their parents. Theo and his sister went home as did the BJ and his brood. BJ hugged Marisol a little tighter. Her cousin, and best friend was leaving and she knew she'd miss him. Julianne stayed and talked quietly with her oldest daughter. Marisol suffered from separation anxiety. She always had this problem. So Julianne often reassure her when people had to leave.

"Momma, I'll be OK. I'll miss Benny and the guys that's all. Aria too." She explained.

"You can call and I'm sure he will keep check on you guys." Julianne assured her daughter. Margaret heard them talking and joined them. She and Lakota often visited, but she'd often stay at least one night in her daughter's home.

"You know, sweetheart, you have other family members that are crazy about you." Margaret interjected. "Won't you come to Wildwood for a couple of weeks? I know you're coming to school in a few months, but the time in Louisiana will be good for you. Besides, I'd love to spend time together." She added.

Marisol smiled. She rarely visited her grandmother, preferring to say close to home. She knew her mother wanted her to get out more, experience life. That was one reason she was attending LSU. It was away from home, but close enough to grandmother if she needed a safe haven. But she never forgot what happened when she was yet a babe. She learned not to trust, and now that Benny was going, she had one less person she could count on. However, she loved her grandma and she could tell that she really wanted her to visit. So Marisol smiled and agreed.

"Yes Grandma, I'd love to visit. No Rosita, OK." She added. Margaret laughed and hugged her granddaughter. Love; Marisol will go back with us tomorrow. She's going to visit for a week.

That's wonderful love. I know you've wanted to spend time with her. I'll assure BJ and Javon that she will be fully protected. Lakota replied.

Julianne called BJ and explained that Marisol was going to visit with her mother. She needed time away from her siblings and BJ agreed.

After speaking with their respective mates and Marisol had gone to bed, Julianne needed to talk to her Mom. "Momma thank you for inviting her. I'm surprised she agreed so easily. Something is going on with her. She won't say anything, but she hasn't been sleeping. I think Rosita knows something but she won't betray her sister. Maybe time a way will help her clear her mind, and give her a chance to get her wits about her. Also if someone here in the pack is bothering her, maybe we can sort it out. I haven't mentioned anything to BJ, but I will. He's on edge enough with Benny leaving and meeting that pack. Will you watch her closely, and if anything goes wrong, call me?" she concluded.

Margaret nodded. It wasn't so long ago that she too had the same fear and worries for her own little girl. If she could help her granddaughter then she'd move heaven and earth to do so.

"Julianne, she will be fine. She has a lot of things in her life that's changing. Benny's leaving, and she's going to school in six months. You know she has a hard time adjusting to change." Margaret reassured her daughter. "She has gotten so much better, and I'm sure if something is really wrong, she'll talk to you."

Julianne nodded, accepting her mother's comfort. "Momma, you're right. Now, enough of my mess, Tell me how are you? Really?" she asked, happy to see her mother doing so well.

Margaret laughed as she and Julianne talked into the night.

So the next morning, as the college graduates headed out, Marisol headed to Louisiana. Kayla and Jayden talked all the way home. They were excited for Marisol to visit. She enjoyed entertaining them and promised each that they'd have special time with her. Lakota laughed, he hoped his oldest granddaughter was prepared to deal with his two tornadoes.

Marisol laughed at a joke Jayden told. She thought of home and for a second missed being there. But at home, the nightmare always came back. Maybe time away was would help. Maybe she would sleep without the dreams. Maybe for once, she could turn off her thoughts and simply enjoy existing. Marisol smiled. Maybe, just maybe the memories wouldn't come. Marisol stared at the vast landscape as the car rolled over the plains.

********

The young men from the Loess Pack, along with their guards boarded a private plane to LAX. As the guys joked and laughed, Benny was silent. He was often silent, pondering one thing or another, and his friends usually left him to his own devices. This time was no different. However, Ares watched his cousin and he knew that this trip was about more than just them going to school. He often listened to Aunt Nina's stories. He too was upset when she told of Uncle Benson being attacked.

He knew Benson Daniels was not really his uncle, but in a way he was. What happened to him was not fair. He too believed his aunt didn't tell them everything because usually after she told the stories, Uncle Thaddeus would hold her as she cried. It always broke his heart, and he knew there had to be more. It was one day after she mentioned a guy, Isaac, in the story. He mistreated Uncle Benson and the Alpha did nothing. She soon changed the story and told a happier version, but in that moment, he and Benny had heard enough to know some things were being kept from them.

Ares was a bit older than Benny, and he'd actually attended Denton College for a year before transferring to UCLA. But he knew that Benny was going, and he wanted to make sure he was with him. So for now they'd play the role of innocent college kid, but as soon as they got a chance. They wanted to question the Alpha of the Thane Pack. They needed to see if Great Grandma Hannah still lived and learn of Uncle Benson's family. They needed to find out what happened after Aunt Nina left. It was time for the truth, and they were determined to uncover it.

Son, I know this is a personal mission for both Benny and you, but I want you to remember who you are. At no time, do you approach anyone there with aggression. Be respectful and make sure you help keep the younger males in line. Javon sent to his oldest son. He knew why Benny chose that school. He understood, and at first he wanted to refuse him, but Thaddeus spoke to him. And they agreed that the truth needed to come to light.

Javon did not contact at the Thane Pack at first, but once Benny, Ares and their two friends were admitted he contacted Alpha Thane. He greeted him and explained his situation. Alpha Thane seemed to be pretty leveled headed, unlike the man he was so furious with decades ago.

Yes father, I will not cause you shame. However, like Benny I want the truth. Ares responded.

Benny then noticed his cousin and realized he was speaking with someone mentally. He smiled and felt a strong shaft of love from his parents. He relaxed and knew that everything would work out as it should. He would learn the truth, and maybe, just maybe Grandma could come see her family again.

********

Soon, Lakota arrived at Wildwood. A room for Marisol has been prepared before they got home. Kayla. And Jayden quickly wanted to show her around, but Margaret sent them with an omega. Margaret helped her granddaughter settle in. "Come on love, let's get you settled." Margaret told her granddaughter. As they walked to her room, several pack members greeted her excitedly. Reina was at work, but she called, and promised to visit with her as soon as she came home. "Marisol, I'm so happy to have you here. I know you prefer being at home, but I want you to know you have a home here also. Now, you're welcomed here anytime you want to come. OK.

Marisol smiled, "I know, Grandma. I know. I'm happy to be here. Since I'm attending college here in a few months, you might get tired of me. I know you love me. You love all of us. I love you and Grandpa Lakota too." Margaret laughed. Lakota hated being called Grandpa, but he preened when Marisol addressed him with that title. Soon Margaret was called away, and Marisol was left to finish unpacking on her own. Humming her favorite tune, she heard a voice that grated in her nerves.

"Welcome back Princess Marisol. I'm sure your loyal followers are ready to cater to your every whim. I'm sure they will be at your beck and call. I can see you still think you're so special." he jeered. Marisol jumped, surprised by the sound of his voice.

Marisol looked up and for a second she forgot this guy detested her. He was so freaking handsome. A pretty boy, Wavy blonde hair, brown eyes, and a smile that made her forget her own name. He wasn't too tall. Most women liked tall men, but Marisol liked a guy that matched her height. He was broad shouldered with a tapered waist.

He kept himself in shape and was well aware of how much attention he garnered from the females of the pack. Marisol was shy, but from the few times she visited, she was not blind to Zeke's exploits. He was a womanizer, and was not ashamed of it.

It didn't really matter to her anyway right, because she was still underage. But in a few months she'd be eighteen. Marisol shook her head. She refused to continue with that line of thinking. Zeke Abraham could have any woman he wanted, why would he think twice about a girl who was too afraid of her own shadow.

She rarely visited, but when she did, Zeke was one of the main people to give her a hard time. She often wondered why he detested her, but soon decided it was his issue, not hers. So for now she'd bear the brunt of his disapproval.

"Sorry to disappoint you Zeke, but I'm visiting my grandma this week. You and your cronies need to find entertainment elsewhere." Marisol explained. "Besides, I don't have time to deal with a mongrel like you. Now, please find someplace else to be." She smiled sweetly.

Zeke looked at the beautiful girl before him, forcing his wolf to quiet down. He knew who she was even though she had no clue. He also realized that her age was a factor and he had to wait before declaring his true intentions. So for now, he'd just annoy her just to stay in her presence. She was the only thing he dreamed of, but he had to wait.

She glared at him; her sun-kissed skin glistening, as her chest rose and fell with annoyance. Her dark brown hair cascading around her shoulders, giving her a youthful look. For a moment, he wished he could just sniff her hair, inhale her true fragrance. He inhaled, and the sweet scent of gardenias filled his nostrils. Gardenias, yes that was her scent, the most beautiful of all flowers.

She was absolute perfection in his eyes, and he wished she was a few months older. She parted her plump lips to say something, and then stopped. Chewing lightly on her bottom lip in annoyance, he could tell she was struggling to gain her composure. Zeke wanted to ask her to stop and kiss the light bruise he knew would be there. As she glared at him, he stared at this girl. The girl he would someday claim as his mate. Zeke smiled, because he knew she'd fight him. He could not wait to begin the dance of seduction with the lovely creature before him. But not yet, he had to wait. Soon, in a few more months, he'd tell her how he really felt.

"Good to know. I hope Alpha Madam Margaret realizes that not everyone here has time for spoiled Were princesses." Mari flinched and Zeke grinned. She opened her mouth to retort when Uncle Levin walked up.

"Zeke, my office now!" Alpha Levin commanded as he walked up and heard the younger male taunts. Marisol's eyes flew to the older gentleman, and he smiled reassuring her that Zeke would be dealt with.

"Yes Alpha," Zeke replied as he turned and followed Alpha Levin to his office. He knew that Alpha Levin would not exercise his right and decide to punish him, but he would report his behavior to Alpha Lakota. Lakota would be livid. Levin sat and indicated for the young man to sit across from him.

"What was that about?" Levin demanded.

Zeke didn't stammer. He faced the Alpha head on and spoke. "I just wanted to see her. I mean, she rarely visits."

"She is not of age. She is too young. In a few months she'll be available; you can approach her at that time." Levin explained. "You know I have asked you to give her time. Zeke, if you cannot be around her without goading her, stay away."

Zeke was annoyed. He knew the rules. He was Were, and he would wait. "Alpha Levin, I won't do anything to compromise her. She's young. I know this. I will wait for her, years if I must. But, she is the one. I have waited three decades, and I can wait a few months. Just please don't ban me from her. I need to see her. I'll tone down the teasing. Quite honestly, I'm too old to play childish games anyway." He surmised.

"OK, take this as a warning. She is a guest here. Treat her as such."Levin commanded.

Zeke nodded in acquiescence, "Yes Alpha." He quickly left his office. As Zeke returned to his quarters, he thought about what Alpha Levin said. Marisol was young, much younger than him. She had yet to experience life. He needed to give her time, let her grow into the woman she would become. He, Zeke Abraham, had to step aside, and let his woman live a little. Zeke growled. She was beautiful and he noticed other males watching her. Would he really be able to act unaffected if she showed interest in someone else. Shaking away the thoughts, Zeke decided to go on a brisk run.

After Zeke had gone, Levin pondered. Zeke was a great wolf, a beta even. However, he knew the Loess wolves were extremely protective of their young. When the time came and he approached her, BJ would have a fit. Levin sighed; this would be an interesting time of events. One of two things would happen; they'd gain new pack alliances, or lose a pack member to the Loess Pack in Texas.

********

The boys arrived at the school and moved into their off campus apartment. It was time to report to the Thane pack and meet the Alpha. Lars and the four young men climbed into the black Jeep Cherokee Lars had acquired for them and they headed to the pack lands. Benny was pensive once more. He was filled with a plethora of emotions: fear, excitement, curiosity. He was flooded with so many emotions and thoughts.

"Son, we love you. It will be fine. We're here if you need us. Blaine sent when he sensed his son's insecurities. His Mom, Celia, too sent a shaft of love, and Benny relaxed.

He looked out of the car as they approached the Alpha home. He wondered would he recognize the members of his long lost family.

Here we go again. I really like this story and I hope you stay with me. I often wondered what happened after Nina left. So I decided to simply go back and find out. What better way than to have the kids find the answers. I thank you for reading this tale and look forward to your thoughts.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers
12