Time Shift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They teased each other for a minute and then the both went to the soft carpet. The two pirates were soon out of their costumes and making fast passionate love. Beth wasn't a quiet lover and he had to just hope the door and walls were thick enough to absorb the sound. It was an intense period of time for the two of them as he banged into her and she bucked her hips back toward him. Considering all of the time they'd had to tease each other, it was surprising that they lasted a long time. Maybe it was the alcohol, but whatever it was both of them had no intention of stopping until they too spent to continue. While they were entangled on the floor, someone had tried to open the bathroom door twice, but they were barely aware of it. Matt finally collapsed next to Beth and smiled. She just smiled back and said, "By damn, now I can call you lover."

"Yes you can. I just wish I had it in me to keep going." They took their time getting dressed and putting themselves back together before going out. One of the Roman soldiers was coming down the hall and gave them a long look before disappearing into the bathroom. Beth and Matt went straight to the bar and got themselves a couple of sodas and looked for a wall to lean against. She looked over at him and whispered, "I have to say I really like your mast."

"You wore my mast out that's for sure. There will be no more raising my sail this night." She thought that was very funny. When they saw the one Roman soldier reappear with the woman in the cat outfit next to him, they smiled at each other.

"I'll bet he won't be raising any sails in the near future either."

The two of them reclaimed the couch and talked about the other guests some more and when the red Victorian gown came into their line of sight, Beth said, "Your sails may be trimmed, but I'll bet you'd still like to retrieve an ice cube from her chest."

"Chasing an ice cube is about all the energy you've left me with I'm afraid, but yes that would be fun."

"Maybe next year. You will be here next year won't you?"

"I certainly hope so, will you?"

"Oh yes. But you know what? I'm getting tired of wearing this mask, so I think I'll slip out and go home."

"I don't think I'll be far behind you. Like you, I'm ready to be out of this getup."

"Too bad, I can't help you out of it."

"Now that is a nice thought."

"I thought your mast was broken."

"There are other ways to have fun too."

"Damn, I wish I could take you home with me." She stood up and kissed his cheek before saying, "Night, Captain Morgan."

"Night, lady pirate." She weaved her way through the crowd and disappeared from his life as he thought, what a woman she was.

Matt waited a few more minutes and then headed toward Miss Victorian lady. She was talking to somebody, but when she saw him she gave him a smile. He brazenly went over and kissed her cheek and whispered, "I'll dream of chasing that ice cube for many nights to come."

Whoever she had been talking to, walked away and she asked him, "Are you leaving?"

"I'm afraid so."

"I'm sorry to hear that. If we find each other next year the outcome just might be different."

"I'm sorely disappointed that you didn't stumble for me though." Raising her glass in toast she said, "Here's to next year, love."

"I can only hope. Good night, fair lady."

Chapter Six

About ten o'clock Sunday morning, Matt crawled out of bed and while the coffee was brewing, (he) took a hot shower. After a couple cups of coffee, he switched to a Bloody Mary in hopes that it would counteract the effects of the previous nights drinking and cavorting. He grabbed an old paperback book on the way, and went to his veranda to read and heal. He had read a couple of chapters and nearly emptied his drink when he sneezed. "Was that you, Matt?"

"I'm not sure, Ula." She peeked around the wall and asked him, "Rough party?"

"Not at the time, but I'm in need of some healing today."

"Me too."

"I have Bloody Marys if you'd like one."

"That sounds perfect."

"Where's Cameron?"

"Still in bed, I'll be right there."

It was only a couple of minutes later when she joined him and he handed her a drink. She kissed his cheek and said, "Thanks, lover."

"You're welcome."

They both sat down and she asked, "So was it worth your time to go to the party last night?"

"It was quite an event and quite an evening for me."

"Good."

"And you?"

"It was a great night actually. I had a wonderful time." Before she took her first sip she raised her glass toward the line of trees in back and said, "To Captain Morgan, wherever he is" and took a big drink. Matt sat frozen in place. All he could think was, holy shit, it was Ula he'd made love to. Her voice was a little different but then so was his. He quickly raised his glass and drank about half of it in one long swig. He took a deep breath and managed to say, "I'll be right back." He disappeared and it was a good five minutes before he returned. At least now he was past the shock of his discovery. At first he couldn't decide if he should tell her but then he knew he was going to. He could never look at her the same way again that was for sure. He stepped through the door behind her and stood there wearing only his black pants. In his stage voice he said, "Good morning, pirate lady." She spun around spilling the rest of her drink and just stared at him. Her color drained from her face and then that was followed by her blushing a bright red.

Matt walked toward her and she sat there unable to move for a second. His crotch was close to her face and without thinking she looked at his bulge staring back at her. She slowly stood up and mumbled, "You were Captain Morgan?"

"At your service," she still just stared at him in disbelief.

"Out of that whole crowd, it was you and me?"

"Fortunately for me, it was, yes."

"But you...you're...you were different."

"I tried to be. You had me fooled too though."

"Really?"

"Most definitely." She was recovering from her shock, but she still stood there staring at him. She finally took a deep breath and then surveyed him openly. "Well, I'll be damned it was you."

"Ula, that was one of the most memorable nights of my life. Maybe I better get us both another drink."

"Make mine a double this time."

She was still standing there when he returned still in his black pants and she managed a smile. They both took long drinks, not sure what to say or where to go from there. He tried to loosen things up by saying, "I kept thinking I should recognize your voice, but it

just wouldn't click." "Matt, you were so smooth and confident and funny last night. You're usually quiet and..."

"Boring."

"No, I wasn't going to say that, but you tend to be almost shy. You were a different person last night."

"I guess I really got into my role."

"Was all of last night a roll that you played?"

"Oh no. There are some things that I could never fake. At a certain point last night, my role became me except for my voice. Maybe the whole evening was the real me actually, except for my voice."

"God, it's going to be so hard to look at younow and not break out in a smile every time." She set her glass down and put her arms around him. "Last night really was wonderful."

"Yes, it was."

"But...we can't..."

"No, of course we can't, but that doesn't mean I won't think of us often." She kissed him one last time and slowly withdrew her arms.

"Who knows though we just may find each other again next year."

"I can only hope that will happen."

"Matt, maybe I better go home and think about all of this for a while."

"It's one hell of a surprise I have to admit that." As she slipped past him she let her hand brush across his crotch and smiled at him before she went home to Cameron. It took Matt quite a while to settle down and put the thought of Ula out of his mind, at least for the time being anyway. The fact that it was Cameron that had talked him into going, was an irony that he didn't fail to recognize.

Once he was settled down he went to call Emily. He was ready to hang up when he heard, "Hello."

"Hi, it's Captain Morgan again."

"My favorite pirate, so you survived the party then."

"I did indeed. I didn't even get really drunk."

"Details, give me details."

"I went without underwear."

"And no emergencies?"

"No, but a couple close calls I guess you'd call them. There were quite a few very sexy ladies there."

"Oh, is that right."

"One for example was a cat woman and above the waist, she only had two tiny strips of fabric that tied behind her neck. I don't know how she kept herself covered."

"Probably double faced tape."

"She had quite a shape and her bottoms didn't do much to hide her charms at all. Then there was a young woman in a Victorian gown that showed me her very ample boobs, and...well, you get the idea."

"Sounds like it was almost an orgy."

"It might have become one after I left."

"You leave early?"

"Kind of, I guess it was the booze and the excitement."

"Sounds like you had a good time though."

"Oh, I did. I'll probably go again next year too."

"I'll bet you will."

"So how are you doing?"

"I'm fine."

"See or hear from Ray?"

"Just on the phone."

"I never asked you, how long have you been separated?"

"Two months."

"I really am sorry. I want to see you happy."

"I'm doing okay, Matt. We weren't getting along for months before I left, so all together, it's been a long time that we've been going our separate ways." There was quite a pause before she said, "I'm so glad we got to see each other. You look so good."

"So do you. You haven't changed, and yet you look a lot prettier than when you were in high school even."

"Thank you, Matt. How's the weather down there?"

"By our standards kind of cool. Low to mid sixties."

"Compare that to the low to mid forties here and drizzly rain almost every day."

"How well I remember northern weather. You do anything special for Halloween?"

"No, there's nothing going on up here except for the kids."

"If you're not back with Ray or married to some guy next year I should have you go with me to the next Halloween party."

"You'll probably be married by then."

"I doubt it."

"But if I came to your party, we wouldn't be together."

"We could be if that's what we chose to do."

"It wouldn't be the same though. I'll bet you flirted like crazy last night."

"Well I have to admit, I did my fair share of it. I even put an ice cube down the front of the lady in the Victorian gown."

"You didn't."

"I did and I even volunteered to retrieve it."

"What did she say?"

"She had to think about it for a second."

"See now, you wouldn't want to miss all that fun, but thanks for thinking of me."

"You'd look hot in any of those costumes I saw."

"I'm glad you think so. I still can't get over how it was to see you again. I just couldn't believe it's been seven years."

"So now that the party's done what will you do for fun?"

"I don't know to be honest. That party will be hard to match for intensity."

"I can imagine."

"Remember us talking about everybody being anonymous?"

"Yes."

"I think that really cut people free of normal inhibitions. They did and said things that they would never consider normally."

"I'm sure. That's what went through my mind when you told me that day."

"I was even chatty and even more than, that I bordered on cocky."

"You?"

"Yeah, see what I mean?"

"Pretty interesting," the two of them talked a little longer, but then finally said their goodbyes and Matt called both of his neighbors.

Chapter Seven

The five of them were going to get together at Matt's and talk about the party. Nancy and Greg arrived first, but Ula and Cameron weren't far behind. They settled in the living room with drinks and talked non stop. When one of them commented on the woman in the red Victorian gown, Ula glanced at Matt and then tried to hide her smile.

Matt leaned back and hiding his smile as well said, "Yes Miss Victorian gown and I had a chat actually." Both Cameron and Greg were all ears. When he told them all about his ice cube stunt they cracked up and applauded and even Nancy laughed while Ula continued to smile. She'd already heard the story.

It was Nancy that upped the tension in the room by asking Matt, "So the party is over now so tell us what your costume was."

"But what if I did something that I shuldn't have and you recognized me?"

"Oh, so what, we're all adults." Matt turned to Ula and continued his argument. "Ula what do you think? Isn't it a bad idea for me to reveal myself?"

She thought about it and then said, "No, I think you're safe. I mean there were so many people there and there was so much going on."

"There sure was. I wonder if anybody ended up cozying up to their spouses or dates. I sure saw a lot of activity that looked like brief affairs in the making."

Nancy wasn't to be denied. "Come on Matt, you're stalling."

"If I show you mine, you have to show me yours." That made everybody laugh again and look toward Nancy.

She hesitated and then said, "Okay, it's a deal. What about you, Ula?"

"Oh, I sent my costume back" she lied, "I was just one of several pirates. I wasn't as original this year as I'd hoped I would be." Nancy looked back at Matt again.

"Okay, you first."

"It will take me a little bit."

"We'll stay sober until you get back."

Matt disappeared hoping that Ula knew what she was doing. He also hoped he could keep his mast where it belonged. It would be embarrassing as hell to get an erection in front of Greg and Cameron. If he was going to do it he would do it right. He glued on the moustache and the scar, and then slipped into his tight pants and boots. With the mask and headscarf in place, he stuck the pistol in his waist, took a deep breath and went out picking up a fresh drink on the way.

Everybody had consumed two or three drinks each so maybe they had a little buzz going and it would help things along. Nancy saw him first as he entered the living room. She just stared and her eyes sparkled. "Oh Matt, I remember seeing you there. You were off to one side talking to one of the other pirates or I think so. I was getting pretty looped." He stood there for a minute and then Nancy continued. "Come over here, sailor." He went over close to her and she teased him by running her hands over his butt and legs. "I love pirates you know."

"Uh no, I didn't know that." He could feel his costume changing shape so he was ready to go get his regular clothes on before it was too late. "Okay Nancy, it's your turn. Go get your costume on."

"Now?"

"Sure why not?"

"Um...no reason I guess. It's just different here than at the party."

"That's for sure." When Nancy left, Matt went to change. He returned and just happened to sit next to Ula. She smiled and said, "You looked pretty sexy in that you know."

"Really?"

"I think so. I wish I would have seen you last night." Matt changed the subject then.

"Cameron, what did you end up going as?"

"I waited too long to get my costume, so I didn't have a lot of choices. I ended up being one of the Hugh Hefners there."

"Nothing wrong with that, women seem to love the guy." Matt knew he was the one with the sexy witch because the other guy was tall and skinny. Ula wasn't the only one to play.

"Greg, what about you?"

"I'm not telling because I might use it again next year. It worked pretty good for me this year." The four of them oohed and laughed when he said that.

When Nancy appeared Matt almost choked on his drink. She was the one in the pale blue gown that was split all the way up to her waist and her breasts were on display with just her nipples covered. The one he lusted after, and he and Ula had talked about. "My God Nancy, you look incredible. I remember seeing you there. I couldn't take my eyes off of you."

"Oh Matt, you're so sweet thank you." He didn't see her connect with any guy, but that didn't mean she hadn't either. He was beginning to think everybody at the party was trying to have an affair. To Matt's great appreciation, she didn't make an attempt to go home and change again, but rather just fixed herself another drink and joined the others while Matt tried not to stare at her exposed leg and hip and failed miserably. By the time everybody finally left they were all pretty well along toward getting smashed.

Everybody spent the rest of the day at home recovering from their weekend, and in fact for the next couple of weeks everybody seemed to be low keyed. He thought about Ula quite a bit, but gradually came to the realization that she had likely been with some other guy at the party the first time they had gone. Ula liked variety pure and simple. Then he thought about Nancy and how sexy she looked in her costume. He could have stared at her for a very long time and not been bored. The next time he had a chance to talk to her when Greg wasn't around was around the wall again. "That you, Nancy?"

"Hi, Matt."

"Dare I peek around?"

"You may." He leaned out and she was sitting with her feet propped up on the railing and he was looking up her long legs to her shorts clad hips.

"Hi, gorgeous."

"Hi, love."

"I haven't had a chance to tell you since our post party get together, that I think you were the sexiest woman there by a long way and I loved your costume."

"Thank you."

"No, thank you."

"You really didn't know it was me?"

"No, I didn't."

"Why didn't you come talk to me?"

"I didn't see you until just before I left."

"Did you leave early?"

"A little early, I guess I had too much to drink or something."

"Too bad."

"I couldn't get over how many times I saw somebody sneak off with somebody else."

"It happens a lot from what I hear. Whom did you sneak off with?"

"Now how do you know if I did sneak off?"

"Well, I don't, but anybody that looked as sexy as you did must have had opportunities."

"Thank you very much, but I'm not telling. Okay, here's a question. What were you wearing under those pants?"

He looked at her with a crooked smile and in a stage whisper said, "Nothing."

"That's what I thought."

"If you ever get tired of Greg, just let me know okay?" She laughed and blew him a kiss.

"You'll be the first to know."

"I better leave you alone so you can read."

"Matt, thanks for the nice compliment."

"You're welcome and I meant every word." He retreated to his chair and finished the last chapter in his book before going inside.

The next few weeks were routine to the point of being boring. The weather had been anywhere from unpleasant to downright nasty, but at least it wasn't snow that was falling and the temperatures didn't get below forty five. But it seemed like forever since he'd seen sunshine. Then on top of that, he got a call from his parents and they were going to Florida for a few weeks over Christmas and that would be the first time they'd ever done that. He was happy for them of course, but that meant he wouldn't be going home for Christmas either. On top of that his sometimes girlfriend would be out of town for the holidays. For the last several years he had hated the Christmas holidays though. He wasn't sure why because when he was younger it was the high point of the year for him.

Chapter Eight

Saturday morning, Matt decided to face the mobs and go shopping for a gift for his parents. On the up side, that was the only gift he had to buy. On the down side, he didn't have a clue what to get them. Both of his parents had grown up on farms and seemed to have a special fondness for draft horses, so maybe there was something in that area that he could find. He lost a good part of Saturday going from store to store and one crushing mob to another. At least he'd avoided the long check out lines so far. Then going into an upscale art store, he saw it, a beautiful painting of a team of horses in harness. Whoever painted it did a fantastic job of it. Unless it was obscenely expensive that would soon be his. When he saw five hundred dollars on it, he swallowed hard and headed to the check out with it. There were only three people in front of him so he could be home within the hour.