All Comments on '"Tips on Writing Dialog," Said Smokey!'

by Smokey125

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What an arrogant blowhard...

...self-important much?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
On the fence...

...about writing and submitting.

Found this helpful.

Do more...

---would have voted 5 stars...

WritingKnightWritingKnightabout 6 years ago
A-Mother Fucking-Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twenty Stars! The only thing (I think) ya left out was one of the biggest mistakes a lot of "writers" make, and that's having two people talking in the same paragraph. That and missing question marks are also pet peeves of mine, I'm not as sophisticated as you when I write my narrative, however, I tend to write that more relaxed as well. I can't see using these large complex words that someone's gonna have ta look up in a dictionary just ta figure out what ya just said. "Let us partake in departing the premises." Why? "C'mon, lets leave,"

And to the little anonymous cunt that thought you were self important... FYRWALCVUYADSIYMM... Email me, asshole, an I'll be more than happy to let ya know what that stands for!

WK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Make up your mind.

First you write, "Don't worry about punctuation. I like punctuation. I do. I'm especially fond of em dashes—particularly...and ellipses. I'll readily admit it: I...shamelessly...abuse...the ellipsis. Read...my...stuff. No, really...do it. You'll find more ellipses than you can count. Most of them are in my characters' dialogue. 'Tis my friendly advice to be unafraid to abuse the ellipses."

<P>

However, then you write, "Being a proponent of grand grammar, I adhere to its rules in my narrative."

<P>

Do you see the inherent disconnect between these statements?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Caesuras

I like caesuras ... they're only a buck at Walmart ... or two for a buck fifty

on Thursdays ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I like your style

For a how to piece, this was fun to read 👍.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSmokey125@Smokey125
619 Followers
Writing lesbian erotica has become one of the most important things in my life. I try to make all my main characters at least reasonably three-dimensional, and balance out the Smokey Sagas between sweet, fluffy, light-hearted pieces with happy endings, and rough, sinister tale...