To Break a Filly Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It was inappropriate and garish and exactly what I don't need in my life." Okay, maybe a little, but I wasn't about to go saying something like that out loud.

"I don't understand how we can possibly be related." Marie slipped into silence, sipping at her wine, no doubt having fantasies of being swept off her feet by a strange and handsome man of her own. Lindsay thought that she had a point. Not about the man but about their relation. She knew they were sisters of course but they couldn't be more different. Marie is outgoing and obnoxious in a way that is endearing. She's a few inches taller than Lindsay and has short bob of mousey brown hair. She has a few freckles across the bridge of her nose but her complexion was much darker than Lindsay's could ever hope to be. She had pale brown eyes with flecks of gold and a thick ring of dark lashes. She took after their Italian father in that sense while Lindsay's fairness came from their mother. She was just as lean as Lindsay but she had the feminine curves that every other woman would kill for.

Breaking her sisterly scrutinizing, Lindsay stood and went to refill their wine glasses. "Oh by the way, I ran into Stinky Guy again today in the elevator."

"Don't call him that! Call him Elevator Guy or Workout Guy. It sounds so much sexier."

"He's gay."

"Really? I so didn't get that vibe."

Lindsay returned with their drinks. "How would you know? You weren't even there!"

"I know, but he just sounded so straight."

Lindsay shook her head, "He was wearing a blue Fioravanti."

"I swear, Lindsay, I don't know where you come up with this whole 'judge a guy by his suit' thing. What if he just- Did you say Fioravanti?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Average looking guy, blonde hair, blue eyes?"

"Again, yeah. Why?"

"Oh my God, Lindsay that's my superintendent! Jake Snyder!" As she said this, Marie's face flushed and her voice jumped up an octave. Lindsay hesitated. Marie was easily excitable, but she never flushed.

"And that is a big deal because..."

"Lindsay, that's THE Jake Snyder. Don't you dare say 'who's that?'."

Lindsay didn't dare.

Marie groaned, "He's only like the third richest man in Texas. He owns like three casinos, a spa and salon, a five star restaurant here and in Corpus Christi and about a billion other things!"

Lindsay was taken aback but only for a second, "I'm pretty sure that a man that wealthy doesn't spend his Sunday afternoons wandering around a building a like this. I mean no offense honey, but this place isn't exactly The Ritz."

"He DOES though. He said in an interview in Forbes last year that it makes him feel closer to the people. It was the same interview where he talked about how he orders all is suits custom made from Europe and New York and he always orders them in that shade of blue because he thinks it's the only way he'd ever get any attention." Lindsay thought about that for a moment. He had a point. The suit was the only way she was going to notice him. But if this really was Jake Snyder and he really was just hanging around his building at random hours of the day, why the heck had he been here in smelly, sweaty gym clothes. Something just didn't feel right about it.

"I don't think it was him."

"Come on, Linds. How many guys do you see walking around Texas in suits that cost more than your car?"

Lindsay didn't have anything to say to that. Marie went prattling on about all of Jake Snyder's accomplishments which left Lindsay to ponder the events of the day. She'd been kissed by a complete madman in the middle of a school parking lot and had taken an elevator ride with a billionaire all in about the span of an hour. She drained her wine and decided that it was too much to handle for the time being. She said goodbye to her sister and took the stairs down to the street. She wasn't about to chance running into Jake Snyder again. Seven years ago she would have been thrilled with her luck, but today he was just another distraction. She knew in the back of her mind that at some point she was going to have to put herself back onto the dating market. Frankly, the thought of doing it terrified her. Not because of the men. The men were easy; she'd never had any trouble understanding them or even gaining their interest. She was terrified because if she was ever going to be successful in a relationship, she was going to have to face what happened with Derek. She still wasn't sure what had happened but she knew that she wasn't anywhere near ready to try and figure it out. She got into her Jeep, cranked up the radio and let her hair back down for the drive home.

***

"Lindsay! Well, how the heck are ya, girl?" Stacie was an average looking woman in her mid-twenties with short-cropped black hair that, today, had lime green stripes around her face. Her mother had been taking care of Lindsay and Marie's hair since their mother had passed away but had retired recently and Stacie had stepped right into those shoes. Stacie had been in the same class as Marie and the two were very close which was why Lindsay felt it was safe to assume that Stacie wouldn't bring up Derek. Crap, don't think about that, you're not supposed to be thinking about that anymore.

"Hi Stacie, I'm doing just fine. Do you have time for a 'walk-in'?"

"Always, for my best girl!" she said with a wink. "Let me just make a few calls." Five minutes later, Lindsay was in the stylist's chair with the cape fastened just a button too tight around her neck.

"So," Stacie started, "what are we doing today?"

"I need a change," Lindsay answered tentatively and Stacie started running her fingers through Lindsay's dried and damaged locks.

"Well, what kind of change? Are we thinking color? Cut? Both?"

Lindsay realized that she hadn't given it much thought. She hesitated looking down at her hands and then it all came pouring out of her at once, "I need to feel... different. I want to be someone new and I can't do that if I still look like me. I mean, I still want to look like me, but I need to feel like a better me. I'm not making any sense, am I? I just want you to..." and she trailed off. When she looked back up to the mirror, Lindsay was shocked to see tear stains on her face. She hadn't cried yet, not when he left, not at the bed. But this I cry at? Wow, something is really wrong with me.

"I think I can take it from here, sweetheart," came a soft voice, pressing gently on her conscious; and with a short quick squeeze on her shoulder the voice set to work 'fixing' Lindsay. Lindsay's mind froze over and the next few hours became a blur. She thought about everything that had transpired over the past month. She had purged Derek completely out of her life. She had wrapped up every loose end from the wedding to her finances. Just as always, Lindsay had set her feelings aside and let her pragmatic instincts take charge. But now, enough time had passed that Lindsay no longer had anything left to take care of. Everything had been fixed, except for Lindsay. She realized now that in the whirlwind of tasks she had set before her, not only had she neglected to deal with her heart, but she had let more and more pieces of herself slip away and shatter.

She was stirred from her silent contemplation by the sudden spinning of her chair. Lindsay found herself staring straight into the face of a fierce creature. The woman in the mirror's eyes were surrounded by a thick fan of long, dark lashes that encircled fiery green eyes with sparks of orange near the deep pupil. Her high cheekbones were painted with a light pink rouge that stood in beautiful contrast to her creamy white skin. A few light brown freckles bridged her little nose and her full lips were glossed in a shocking shade of fire engine red. The woman's hair was shorter than Lindsay's, cut nearly to her scalp in the back and angled forward to barely reach her jawline. She had the same bright red but with streaks of a dark burgundy and white-blond shimmering and perfectly spread throughout for a tri-toned effect. The soft lines and styled messiness of her image, gave this woman an overall pixie likeness - wisdom and strength prevailing while still maintaining her youth and allure. This was the woman that Lindsay wanted to be, so sure of herself. Her fantasy about this woman was brought to end when she opened her mouth to speak and the woman mirrored her actions. That's me? Of course that's you, you idiot, you're in a freaking salon! Did you seriously miss that? You need more help than I thought. Lindsay exhaled as she closed her mouth and an awkward, unintentional "Ahhhhh" escaped her lips. She reached up quickly with both hands to cover her mouth in embarrassment, but Stacie just laughed.

"Looks like my job here is done, sweetheart. You've got a long road ahead of you, but you're gonna be just fine. Us Texan ladies, we got a whole lotta heart, a whole lotta hair, and a whole lotta fight. Don't you ever forget that."

Author's Note : This is my first try at a Literotica story. I've been a big fan for years now, so I figured it was about time I tried my own hand at creation. I know this story hasn't had any hawt sects yet, but bear with me - it's coming. I would appreciate any feedback you can give me on the story thus far, and if you are interested in helping edit, send me a message. I can obviously use the help.

Teaser - Lindsay may be feeling confident now with her "new self" but all of that will shortly change when one of these new men decides to take Lindsay under their wing and show her what she's been missing in life.