All Comments on 'To Break a Filly Ch. 06'

by DisclaimersBeDamned

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
elisebeeelisebeeabout 9 years ago
Take all of the time that you need

This is wonderful writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thank you.

Enjoyed this chapter. I like that your female character is a strong willed person.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 9 years ago
I always like a strong female character

And you aren't disappointing .

Roll on the next one.

FindmywayFindmywayabout 9 years ago
Keep her strong

Great chapter. I love her inner strength and her ability to refocus and think through the situation logically. Please keep her strength and focused on the end game.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well written

Your writing is very good. Your characters are well realized for this forum. I hope you continue to write.

What follows is a bit of a rant I just need to get off my mind. Sorry. Stop reading now if you'll be offended by my personal opinion about the fictional characters and fantasy world you create.

Fantasy psychopaths who kidnap women, train them to their desires and make them cum are never painted by their authors as the truly evil people they are. His wealth and good looks allow him license that someone ordinary, poor or short or ugly or fat or any permutation thereof would never be permitted. I find this very disturbing, and yet your writing draws me in and invests me in the characters and their fate.

I cannot help but hope (vainly, I'm sure) that she won't end up with a man who thinks a woman shouldn't speak without permission from her big "strong" slave master (strong is in quotes because any man who needs to kidnap and break a woman has no true strength).

I'll only add that however you decide to create your world's psychology, in the real world he cannot force her to yield her mind to him without utterly destroying it. She has to give it freely - and she cannot give it to him in these circumstances. He would have, at best, a facsimile of a relationship - but nothing true. And, that, fundamentally, is why I have trouble accepting stories like this - where the presumed outcome is her falling for him and only realizing her true self through the horror he puts her through. It is never a true relationship no matter what HEA an author may pen - and by "true" I mean true to real life circumstances - which this isn't and isn't intended to be.

So, if we can have wizards and vampires and werewolves (oh my) we can have a world with a fantasy psychology that allows a woman to be aroused by a situation that would engender only terror and have her fall for her abuser because he awakens her "true self" that thrives on the activities he introduces her to. Never mind that submission can only ever be a gift granted to someone worthy of trust. This guy will never be worthy. He fucked himself. But in fantasy world he gets to profit from his crime. I accept that even though it makes me angry.

In my mind she wins. He loses. Everything. I'd rather the story were more along the lines of "To Break a Cowboy." A girl can dream, can't she?

Thanks for sharing your talent.

DisclaimersBeDamnedDisclaimersBeDamnedabout 9 years agoAuthor
Feedback round one...

First of all, I'm so grateful to all of you who are taking the time to share your thoughts with me through comments and emails. It really is the best part of my day, reading what you have to say.

@elise - thank you for the compliment, I'm glad that you're enjoying it.

@anon - I'm glad that you like her, I'm quite fond of Lindsay as well! Haha

@masterfuljim - it's wonderful to see you back again for more of TBAF. I hope that we continue to please you.

@findmyway - it's hard sometimes to keep the balance of logic and reason in a situation like this but I wanted Lindsay to have an element of truth to her so I'm glad that you are feeling that.

@anon - I understand where you are coming from and if you continue to read the story as it comes out, I don't think you will be disappointed!

Chapter 7 is still rough and I need a few weeks on it, but the wait certainly won't be as long this time!

Much love.

DBD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wow

loved the fact that she has decided to not let him win xxx make him think and ruin his carefully thought out plans xxx hope she gets to go home xx it would be nice to find a story wher ethe man doesnt win after all

kalidevakalidevaabout 9 years ago
loved it

Strong Lindsay is my hero! Thanks for another great chapter. Your ability to write complex characters and get inside the psychology that drives people to commit such atrocities, and also to survive them, is admirable and insightful. More please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent writing

I am loving this series and cannot wait for ch 7. I love the sass and backbone you have given her :) keep up the great work :) once this one is finished, I'd love to see it in the kindle store on amazon if the literotica terms of service allow it...

DisclaimersBeDamnedDisclaimersBeDamnedalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Feedback round two...

Thank you all for your comments! I really really enjoy hearing your thoughts and encouragement and I hope that you continue to leave them.

Anon "wow" - Thank you for your kind words! Stick with it and I promise that you won't be disappointed.

Kalideva - Thank you! I really want to try and convey the behind the scenes thoughts of the so called 'villains' in the non con section. I think that the trouble for me has been trying to understand it myself so it means so much that it is coming across as realistic.

Anon "Excellent writing" - I had never considered that but I will certainly look into it. I have had an idea that is going to carry this story into a much longer, potentially novella page count. I'm ecstatic to hear that you think it's good enough to make the cut!

Chapter 7 update: I'm hoping to finish the chapter tomorrow (knock on wood) which would mean sending it off to the editor on Tuesday or Wednesday. Depending on her schedule it could be posted as early as next weekend. We shall see though. I'll let you all know when I send it off to LaGrish. If you haven't left a comment yet, please do! I want to hear what you have to say about it.

Much love.

DBD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Amazing

Your writing is truly amazing ,it is safe to say I felt I was there, you describe the situations, places, feelings and so on so well. Please continue with this story, I can't wait to see who wins this game, the filly or the cowboy. Love from Iceland!

DisclaimersBeDamnedDisclaimersBeDamnedalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 7

Chapter 7 is in the queue. Thank you all for your patience and to the anon below me: holy cow, Iceland?! That was probably the coolest thing ever! Thanks for commenting!

Much love all,

DbD

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Amazing character dynamics. Addictive writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous