All Comments on 'To Love a Stray Ch. 08'

by Mygypsy

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Micah is such a dick!!

why is micah being such a dick? i don't get it one minute he says he wants to be with her then the other minute he's worse than the people who raped her. and her brothers want to protect her? thats a bunch of bull, they ignored her because someone told them too. they are so week its disgusting. i understand there's some type of hierarchy but this just makes me sad to see rosy being treated like this, she deserves better than an abusive future mate and a life of being told what to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Enjoyed

I liked this chapter, it explained a few things. I think the comment on Micah is a little unjust - I don't agree with how he showed his domiance over her by grinding into her - but she needs to learn her place & Micah is also protecting her. I think he will be a sweetheart to her when she learns how the clan works & that Micah & the others love her & only want her to safe & happy. Looking forward to the next chapter of this & Enter the Cat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Micah is such a dick version2.0

I agree with the comment that was made. Seems he is trying to get her to submit to him as a mate through dominating her completly. If she tries something of her own will it brings trouble down on her, sounds a lot like the control issues that abusive husbands use to control their wives. Not to mention he is determining who she is with rather than allowing her the choice. Time for her to find someone who cares for her rather than just overpowering her.

One thing that I don't get is that in the beginning she was self suffinant and independant working as a vet assistant, very much in control of her life. Long enough to have a stable home and neighbors. I miss that spark.

In the end this is the authors story to weave and the reasons are theirs to determine. I know the actions of people (or werecats) don't even have to follow logical paths because that is how real life works. As a rancher myself I know that no one can determine the actions of another living creature with certainity. Keep on the good work I look forward to Rosy's future.

Canadian Cowboy

Sunamoon37Sunamoon37over 12 years ago
finally

i had been checking every day hoping to see another chapter.. excellent

lucianloverlucianloverover 12 years ago
I Have come to a few conclusions about this story.......

1. If Micah ends up being her mate,then the world is very unfair or were-cats are even weirder than I thought!!!!

2. Rosy needs a shrink fast!!!

3. The author of this story is either a cat,mixed breed were cat,cat obsessed or direct descendant if the great Kat na tat (huh?!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
reading Enter the Cat...

...I don't think Micah is such a dick as is being made out. Ultimately there seem so many male cats there interested. Is it not for Rosy/Tawny to decide who she wants? If, actually, she'll want any of them - maybe she'll head for the hills, and good luck to her! Let's all give her a chance and let her make her own choice.

foxxylady5foxxylady5over 12 years ago
to love a stray

i love this story keep them coming

FloribundaFloribundaover 12 years ago
just a thought I'm sure that is not original at all!

There are two different stories - Enter The Cat and To Love A Stray, one from the perspective of Mical and the other from Rosy.

They both have a very different perspective - one a confident clan cat, the other from a messed up stray. Perhaps we are waiting for their worlds to slowly come together and meet in the middle? Whatever, I'm happy to read about the stories that they both inhabit.

Hope there's more to come soon, my gypsy :)

oneoflifesjewelsoneoflifesjewelsover 12 years ago
Thank you!

Not only for the new chapter, but...to me...it seems to be back on track. The Chris thing upset me. lol As much as I need new chapters like a fix, to this story...I really need to see Micahs POV to catch up. Sorry I'm so needy.

FlutterbyButterflyFlutterbyButterflyover 12 years ago
Micah MIcah MIcah

Did anyone else notice Rosy is finally getting the support she needs from her brothers?

And the story of how she lost her human dad, so sad.

As for the earlier comment that Rosy was no longer the strong self suffiecent type from when she was a vet nurse. She was willing to take on Micah and Steven over a needle!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
So Glad You Continued....

I am happy to see Rosy doing so much better than before and that she has finally stopped running however I hope you work on improving her relationship with Micah and hate to see Micah being such an ass I have read Enter The Cat and know he feels deeply for her so why then is he so men to her I understand that he wants to be dominant and all but plese soften him up a bit he still acts without thinking how things are affecting Rosy not very sensitive of him specially when he tells her that he orders her to do so and expects her to follow however I can see some growing of trust between them and can see that she is taken in by his more gentle side so hope to see more of that

feelinromanticfeelinromanticover 12 years ago
better and better

i only realised today that im looking out for your new chapters amongst the others when i log in... And now i realise why. Great chapter. Thanks for sharing

DoctorWolfDoctorWolfover 12 years ago
Wonderful!

I'm so rooting for Micah- such a strong Alpha character! Rosy's got it too, she's just gotta get better- beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
awesome!

I regret I rushed to conclusions about this story after reading the early chapters, because it has evolved into an awesome story with unlimited potential! I am so impressed with the way this story is turning out, and you as a writer! Keep up the great work!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 12 years ago
It's nice to see

the gentler side of Micah. I like him when he's not being an insensitive, domineering ass. I'm still coming to terms with their way of life and some things make me as nervous and uncomfortable as Rosy. However, I can see her living there as long as she doesn't lose her spirit and humanity. I don't want her to lose herself.

If Micah tempers his alpha qualities with the soft side he showed at the end of this chapter, as well as some healthy respect for Rosy, their relationship just might work.

Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
addicted

I love this story... you are such a wonderful writer... I think its great that you let your characters develop on their own... and let their personalities come through... please dont make us wait another month for the next chapters... take mercy on your addicted fans!! :D seriously tho thanks for sharing your world!!

canndcanndover 12 years ago

ok, love the castration thing...that is funny! evens up that size difference between the men and her huh!

i really enjoyed this chapter. You did a great job of showing her progress, slowly enough that it is realistic but not making it boring. I liked the conversation with her brothers b/c it was good to see her communicating better. It's funny to think how she feels growing up as a human and adjusting to the cat way of having her brothers involved in her sex life.

I love Jazzy and Donny. It was great to see Jazzy having a girl to hang with who isn't her mom. It seems to help Rosy to have Jazzy trust her and to be successful in being 'behaved' around her.

I'd like to know how her dad got her. I don't think you said how she got seperated from her clan as a baby.

I'm a little surprised she didn't object when Micah said he intends to give her kids someday. I thought that would rile her. I liked how Micah disciplined her but not in a violent way. I didn't like that he held her down b/c that had to remind her of the rape but I guess she was fighting too much.

I think you've done a really good job with this story and I look forward to more. I thought you had finished it honestly and started Enter the Cat as a follow-up so I was surprised to see this chapter.

Keep writing!

bejeweledcatbejeweledcatover 12 years ago
Excellent chapter

I loved the castration threat! I've used it a time or two with asinine males but didn't have the "official" equipment. She certainly scared the bejezus out of the toms except for Micah, I gotta say that I like him for that (Steven too, although he was rattled). I just hope Wade doesn't go ballistic and make some knee jerk judgement when he hears about it. I could see it after how he threatened Rosey before Alex died.

Kudos on your work here, Mygypsy. I have personally become very emotionally involved in both of the stories. I have been so wound up by a couple of the chapters I couldn't sleep! I've seen from the comments left that others have very strong responses to your work as well. You have an amazing knack for connecting your characters and your readers on an emotional level. I've really enjoyed your past stories and I can tell how much you've grown as an author. Many thanks for the great reading and I can't wait for the next chapter.

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 12 years ago
Making progress

I think Micah was too harsh when she went to help the birthing cow. Although she should have alerted someone, he should appreciate her veterinary skills and recognize her duty to use them. I think you should combine this story with Enter the Cat, and alternate chapters with Micah's and Rosie's stories.

baloo45baloo45over 12 years ago
getting so much better

with every chapter your writing skills get better and better. i don't know if you have written anything before. but you might try now going back and looking at your past efforts and i bet you will see the difference. oh and the story is very enchanting and i really like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I agree with cannd, with this chapter you have made great progression with Rosy's story and we were able to get a much more complete view of the characters. Previous chapters have felt a bit empty like there was something missing but this one had it all. I find that Micah's statement that he intends to give Rosy children later on a very telling sentence has to his feelings for her. It is much more than merely scratching his own itch and and helping to sate her needs till she finds a mate. I was happy to see Micah's gentler nature coming out I think that there is much more to that side of him than what we have seen in past chapters. When during the night she awoke scared and needed comfort he could have taken her need as an invitation similar to Sam's story but he did not act aggressively toward her and let her go with out demand to her brothers when they woke up. His comments at the end were also telling as he made sure she understood who called the shots but if she needed her brothers to be in the room she would not be denied, also keeping the castration incident between them and not letting it become a situation where she would have been seen as a danger to anyone. As usual great read and I am looking forward to upcoming chapters of both stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
HAS MICAH STEPPED OUT OF BOUNDS?

Quoting Wade verbatim re his instructions to Micah on Rosy's care and rehabilitation...

Enter the Cat Ch. 2

“Most importantly, Rosy should be given lots of special care. After all that she's been through at the hands of the strays, she will need space and time to understand the ways of a clan. She is not to be reprimanded in any way.”

“It will probably take a long time for her to learn the rules but we can't help that…"

"I will not have her more traumatized than she has already been… Rosy must not be exposed to too many rules. She will need to be allowed to learn the ways of the clan at her own pace and not be forced to follow them by the dominant warriors. We do not scare our she-kitts." 



“I will not have you sniffing around after her and scaring her worse than she already was," "Rosy is a stray and strays have an irrational fear of anyone even slightly more dominant than themselves…"

"Make sure you keep well away from her and leave the training and care she will need to the others. If I hear you have upset her in any way, my punishment will be harsh." 


Enter the Cat Ch. 3 (covers TLAS thru miscarriage & her flight)

“If she fails to progress in adapting to clan life because you saw fit to interfere and go against my orders ... Head warrior or not, if anything goes wrong with Rosy I will have you whipped! She is a she-kitt in very fragile health and must be protected at all costs!" 



"I'm in the shit with him...he really does not want me near her." 
[says Micah]

"You and I are going to have a very serious meeting when I get back…You've crossed a serious line Micah. I can't just let this go." 


I'm thinking perhaps Micah is being ridden hard by his sexual attraction, youth, subconscious stress (and panic) from her being around other single toms all the time, his lack of understanding of her emotional/mental state, his sexual frustration, & his developing ego.

Wade's instructions are to protect Rosy but in a sense they protect Micah, too, if he followed them. Wade wants Rosy to get to a healthier (feeling relaxed & safe) place w/o further trauma, however, Micah's interference is always a subtle or not so subtle obstacle/pressure to her reaching that state. For Rosy & Micah to have a future, perhaps it can only happen when she is in that healthy place and they meet there on a more equitable basis.

Micah may have to let go of his possessiveness and short-term desires that have caused him to make poor decisions and threatening physical actions towards Rosy in favor of building a lasting future with her after she learns in a positive way all she needs to know about tomcats, clan life & clan rules.

Ultimately, Micah might end up needing a physical chastisement - or a "beat down" (as my nephews say) - from Wade to check his behaviour. Micah has definitely broken every rule Wade set down for Rosy's care so should we be surprised if he suffers a consequence? I have a problem with his humiliating her. If Micah had no sexual interest, he would punish/correct her differently. A more mature cat would think of alternative ways to encourage her learning how to fit w/in the clan.

Great, fabulous story! I love it.

mygypsy ROCKS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Personally, I don't think Micah had an option but to let Rosy know who was dominant. I don't think he was too harsh. Think about it, what else could he have done? Furthermore, after everything is said and done he goes back to make sure that she isn't seriously hurt. When Edwin comments about getting the things that they need, Micah's reaction makes me think that they would be getting something to sedate Rosy or something like that he is still trying to protect her.

The point is no matter where you live there are certain rules, and you have to follow the rules or you get jail time or stuff like that. Similarly, Micah is just trying to explain the rules to Rosy and reenforcing them when she doesn't obey. I disagree with Wade's original edict that they should just let her hang out and not tell her the rules, because she was punished for breaking rules (like threatening Wade with Alex) even when she didn't know the rules!!!

I am definitely pro-Micah. Yeah, he's eager but throughout the story you can totally tell that he cares about Rosy beyond the physical. For example, when she wanted to get an abortion and all the other cats went ballistic despite the fact that keeping the child might sending her spiraling into depression. Micah was the only one to support that possibility because he would rather have Rosy alive and well.

Waiting for the Next Chapter =))

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great job!

loved this chapter hope u hurry with the next chapter coz i wana read it nw lol

willerileywillerileyover 12 years ago
A Lot of Silly Rot

Loved this chapter as well. What a lot of silly rot from condescending commentators who say that your writing has improved as if it weren't already pretty terrific.

At least have the courtesy to first actually read the other (most of them quite long) stories written by this author! I have read the other stories.

You always manage to portray vivid, gripping & interesting, 3-D characters with strong emotional and physical presences.

Mygypsy rocks!

targetdronetargetdroneover 12 years ago
castration please?

could she just castrate mikah and be done with it? that tomcat really has it comming and is one hell of an ass

BaronScrewtapeBaronScrewtapeover 12 years ago
I am Anti-Micah.

He has his father, Wade's problem of punishing people who show him up by doing a good job. Yeah, it is generally bad to disobey orders, but 1) Rosy is not a soldier, and 2) Rosy is a veternarian who knows how to read and treat animals. Better by far than Micah or Wade. No, they get their ego's all butthurt because Rosy actually knows better and shows them up, so they use the fact they are physically stronger to put her down. Physical strength is != to intelligence or leadership ability.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
excellent job. very different from the other stories on here.

I do think they would have no right to act as harshely as they have to her when she stands up against thier dominance. when edwin held her and wade threatened her, and when micah asserted his dominance as well because no one told her what was wrong or right while being in a proper clan... if they had sat her down in the beginning and told her all this, yes i can see these things happening. but as the story is, with them not setting guidelines at all, the agression shown to her is unwarranted. I would of also liked to see a little remorse from edwin after yanking rosy from the car while she was pregnant, instead he was completely being lovey dovey about the baby trying to touch rosies belly. i would of kicked his ass or told him off. Otherwise i really am enjoying this and plan to complete it as well.

akkaryiakkaryiover 12 years ago

its good writing and all, but this chapter has just completely pushed me into hatred of these toms. between micah, edwin, wade and the doc, their harsh treatment of rosy is enough to wish a gruesome death upon them. but even worse is how rosy forgives them every time. pretty much turned into a story about men treating a woman like crap and the woman revels in it. a disappointing theme indeed to a story i had been enjoying.

Lucifer16985214Lucifer16985214over 10 years ago
micah

Castrate him he's a dick. Tear em into peices an rip his throat out. At least give him a deep gash to make him lass of an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Fuck Micha!

I was rooting for Micah at first but after this chapter i hate him. The woman has been rapped repeatedly since she was 12 years old the last thing any man who claims to love her should EVER do is try to dominate her with an act of sexual aggression.That was wrong and there is no justification for it. My respect for him is obliterated. I get that he is trying to get her to fall in line with their society but aren't werecat mates supposed to be equals? I'm going to keep reading the story and maybe the author will find a way to change my mind but as of right now, fuck him so much!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The really weird part is that after Mikah is this close to raping Rose and is generally abusive she then cuddles up to him during the night. Maybe cats are different, but that just feels so wrong. She really should have just gotten the hell out of there as Mikah is out of control.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous