All Comments on 'To Love and Obey Ch. 02'

by MeredithEighty8

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very good

A very well written chapter. Although I struggle sometimes to understand why Cassie stays and puts up with Robert's awful behaviour, I can see that considering the social rules of the time and her own naïveté, she may well think she must. It is good that you show the anger and struggle she has with what is happening to her, she dosen't automatically blame herself, shrug it off and endure it like a boring little doormat as her due - it makes her a much better character.

It is terribly sad to watch him grind her down so much, when all she really wanted at the beginning was a happy, strong, partnership. She is smart enough to know that the way he is treating her her is not right. As for Robert? It is clear he is emotionally damaged, but his continuous abusive treatment of Cassie has stripped any sympathy I may have had for him. He is destroying her, and any chance he ever may have had for love and a happy marriage. Cassie was willing to make a real go of their marriage, but with his every petty and cruel action, Robert is designing his own downfall.

MeredithEighty8MeredithEighty8almost 10 years agoAuthor

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. I think you have captured the essence of Cassie and Robert perfectly.

MoonsurferMoonsurferalmost 10 years ago

I loved reading this chapter and cant wait to find out what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
UPDATE ASAP

Totally in love with this story! Please continue SOON !

happybetahappybetaalmost 10 years ago
Aside from the awesome sex scenes, it's kind of provocative.

Maybe Robert and Cassie had a half dozen kids or so and their grandchildren and great grandchildren thought that they were a wholesome, quaint,chaste couple who were completly in love with each other throughout their 63 year marriage. It's anybody's guess how often this kind of thing happened back in "the good old days". This really is a good, believable story.

Shysub412Shysub412almost 10 years ago
Beautifully written

What more can i say, except more please and a huge thank you.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hot

I really love the dynamic of their relationship. I hope she doesn't end up with Jack. If she stays with Robert he might heal his mental wounds.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous