All Comments on 'To Love and Obey Ch. 03'

by MeredithEighty8

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
tati89tati89almost 10 years ago
Great turning point chapter!

I'm glad that Cassie and Will was able to have a slice of happiness since they both deserve it. I can't imagine how Robert will deal with Cassie's betrayal. Will's life is in a very precarious position and Cassie will surely suffer for this affair. At first, I thought this scary would be your typical "comfort zone" story of innocent girl and damaged but fixable hero. However, this story also deals with forbidden love, racism, and the choices that we make. So much more exciting this way. The drama and suspense is keeping me on edge. Dun dun dun.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago

Too well written to be called enjoyable. Each character is playing their part on point in this angsty melodrama.

Rogue530Rogue530almost 10 years ago
Was really enjoying it...

I was really enjoying it but this chapter just turned me off. Personal preference but the whole he's screwing someone else but she just forgives and forgets and continues to enjoy being used however he sees fit made me angry. Then the whole side sex/romance just seemed kinda odd and rushed to me.

MeredithEighty8MeredithEighty8almost 10 years agoAuthor
Rogue530 Appreciate Your Comments -

I don't know if it is so much forgive and forget as it is reconciling herself to what is.

Your comments have given me something to think about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Thought the story was going really well until this chapter. For one, Cassie forgiving both him and Janine for what they did was an absolutely weak thing to do, she barely put up a fight or anything and that's kind of annoying. Not to mention, her affair with William. Robert is horrible and immoral enough but for her to do the same is awful. I really thought this would be a love story between Robert and Cassie since Janine kept going on about how he wanted Cassie. Kind of misleading...and I suppose turnabout is fair play but I hope the baby is William's so she'll have to face the crap she did.

happybetahappybetaalmost 10 years ago
Compelling story and good writing

"That nigger William" is gambling with his own life for a taste of young white pussy. Despite her many weaknesses, Cass is wise beyond her years concerning the racial boundries of 1910. On the other hand, she could just be incredibly naive. On yet the other hand, if Robert ever found that she's banging not only just another man, but a black man at that, maybe he wouldn't be so infatuated with her. Then again, he may think about murder...

The sex scenes are quite descriptive and intense . But that could be that they are just interwoven nicely into the story and it's not just sex for the sake of sex.

Waitin for the next installment...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Well

Let's all hope the baby isn't mixed, I don't think Robert would cope with that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This is so annoying

I so love Cassie at the beggining because of her innosence and pure love for Robert until this chapter. I was so disappointed to the extent that I did not finish reading this chapter because of the infedelity of Cassie and I even delete this whole story and the author in my favorite. Next time dont mess up with the feelings of your reader. Do not mislead us and and play with our feelings. And please, infedelity is not something that can be forgiven of. So do not think that having a lover while you are in a relationship is good and can be accepted. Do not even think that we will have a second thought about accepting it. And if you are going to this next time, better yet not to write at all. This story is so annoying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I'm a happy ending kind of girl....

I like everything to come out all right in the end, that characters find growth and fulfillment, or at least satisfaction or strength from surviving, but I don't see that as a possibility here. I'm disappointed in her return to Robert, but thought if he really changed, the story could work for me. If she left him and ended up alone or with Jack, that could work. But having an affair with William, possibly his baby, becoming what Robert thought she would, and in a time when they could both be killed... Cassie has become a lesser person, and less likable to me... but that's just me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sigh

Do not like the affair at all . Thought Cassie would prove him that she isn't a whore. But she had an affair and there is no going back from that . Disappointed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
totally bummed

What a stupid choice to take away her sweetness and make her just as evil as him.

happybetahappybetaalmost 10 years ago
For better or worse

Cassie deserves her own life. If she acted just the way we expected her to, it would make for a mundane read. Live it up, Cass!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

A couple of thoughts -I don't think Cassie has lost her sweetness, she is a young naive girl who saw a chance for love and closeness with another person (even if it was not the best choice) and took it. Robert in some sense cares for Cassie and is not totally innocent himself. I don't see him as being 'evil' but maybe a man who is insecure and disappointed with his own choices and actions but doesn't see a way to fix them. The phrase 'different sides of the same coin' comes to mind.

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 10 years ago
Well bless my soul!

Didn't see this coming!

Hurry up with the rest!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Cassie isn't a whore

She just wants love and acceptance. It's a basic human need. She doesn't have many options. Maybe she can run the iron working business after William gets strung up for fucking a white girl and Robert divorces her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
She's a fucking whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is fucking disgusting. You ruined the entire storyby making fuck William. This was supposed to be her love story with her husband and you fucked it up. And of course it had to be a black guy she cheated with. Fuck you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous