All Comments on 'To Survive and Thrive Ch. 01'

by Qyron

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
rb5891rb5891almost 7 years ago
Good premise

It has the makings of a good story, but the grammatical and spelling errors make it hard to read. You need a proofreader and an editor.

gordo12gordo12almost 7 years ago
Good start

The continued "HE" without a name is a nuisance.

I'm not a fan of zombie stories but you've sketched out an interesting start.

When you write a short opening like this you have to have a hollywood moment to bring people back. You know the fence collapses, they stream in and his back is to the wall with his machete raised to defend himself against overwhelming odds and..... tune in for the next chapter.

Yours lacks that and you'll lose a lot of readers because of it. 3*

QyronQyronalmost 7 years agoAuthor
It's a risk I'm taking willingly.

This is about 3000 words into a work I expect it to become very extensive. A mere glimpse over a world and the life one character was able to cobble up for itself to retain its sanity. Introductions will come later.

Regarding cliff hangers... I'm not a fan of those. Never was. I always preferred the loose ends left behind, discreetly, just waiting to be pulled back when least expected.

Regarding proof reading and editing, I've already asked for a hand on that subject.

Mrknowitall2465Mrknowitall2465over 6 years ago
Pretty good

I gotta say i enjoyed the story alot and i hope to see more of it soon (hopefully a bit longer )

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous