To Swing or Not to Swing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mark volunteered to go to the breakfast buffet, quickly grab a plate full of food, and bring it back to the room. Kathy was famished, so she happily signed on to that plan. He scurried down to the buffet, wearing a baseball cap to cover his bed head, and filled a plate to capacity. He had just placed the last scoop on his plate when he came face to face with Alex.

"Oh...hey," he said.

"Hey, fancy meeting you here," Alex said, looking as uncomfortable as Mark felt.

Mark scanned the buffet area, and then looked at Alex's heaping plate. "Let me guess: Samantha made you come down here to fill a plate for the two of you, because she was afraid of running into us?"

"Bingo," Alex said.

Mark laughed. "Yep. Same here."

"Well, listen," Alex said, "it was really great meeting you two and hanging out with you all week. You really made this a memorable vacation. And don't worry about last night. I understand completely. You know, that's a huge step to take for any married couple, and you just weren't ready for it. I totally get that."

"It's kind of you to understand," Mark said, smiling to himself. "I hope you and Samantha are okay."

"Oh, yeah, we're good. I think this vacation may have started something new and exciting for us. We're actually talking about maybe seeing what is happening around our hometown. You know, swinger clubs or what not."

Mark smiled. "Well, best of luck." He extended his hand, and Alex switched his plate to his left hand to return his handshake.

Mark re-entered his room and found Kathy waiting for him on the couch in the sitting room, wearing the resort's white robe and looking far too beautiful for that time of the morning. She began eating the food from his plate before he even set it down.

"You know," he said, "I knew damn well that you were the first contestant in that contest last night."

She tried not to smile, but failed.

"I couldn't humiliate her in front of everyone," he explained, "so I threw a vote her way to even it up."

"I know you did," she said, "and I love you for it."

After breakfast, they went to the back deck and spent one last, lingering, moment soaking in the Caribbean sun. They lay side by side on reclining chairs, and watched the waves roll onto the shore. Mark reached out his hand, and she placed her hand in his.

He played with her wedding band, twirling it around her finger. He removed it completely and examined it for a moment before placing it back on her finger and holding it there, firmly and permanently.