All Comments on 'Trapped in Nevada'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
patientleepatientleeabout 10 years ago
Excellent storytelling

You led me to believe that he was trapped by Tasha, but that wasn't it at all!

jonthechaosmanjonthechaosmanabout 10 years ago
Good luck in the contest.

I am trying to read all of the entries and vote to support the other contestants.

Gripping tale. My first thought when disaster struck was, "Well, that escalated quickly".

Very erotic and loving sex scene.

"Wet as sin and twice as tight, she parted to let me slip inside."

Best line I have read in awhile. Excellently done.

Favorited and 5 star vote. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
5* story

But I wish you would have limited Tasha's use of the word "like".

I found it to be quite annoying.

TimothyMTimothyMabout 10 years ago
Brrr that was scary

Ar least they had a small taste of paradise before all Hell broke loose.

The only thing I found unbelievable and annoying was that the two older men would leave on a stupid suicide mission. A pointless romantic gesture not worthy of intelligent scienctific minds. They should have focused on helping the young couple to survive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well that was ......strange

Maybe better posted in Sci fi/fantasy? I don't know. It was so implausible that I just couldn't get interested.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Gripping

Great story.

Rugrat60Rugrat60about 10 years ago
Well Done

You have done a great job on this story. I am not really into disasters but your skill at telling a story is excellent. Keep writing.

mick1953mick1953about 10 years ago
Rebuttal to anonymous

My daughter is 30 now, so I am not so aware of the current college student/teen milieu. The excessive use of "like" was very common a few years ago, I do not know if it has been replaced. It sure as Hell was annoying back then! Kids tend to be lazy about language, turning one phrase into an all-purpose phrase. It becomes alost reflexive, grammar rules be damned!

This is a very good work, so while I appreciate your complaint, it qualifies more as nit-picking, particularly as it is never made clear when the story is set. [Not trying to be mean, just a point to consider, my fellow reader] With all due respect...

C_frommnC_frommnabout 10 years ago
Great Story

Kept me going to the End. it would be nice to hear how Jim & Tasha did. or did they perish as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Need more, great story!

I definitely need more. This great story left me wondering if they made it to Alaska or not! Please give us one more chapter!

Nemo18Nemo18about 10 years ago
Too many likes

Her constant use of the word got in the way of a good story

Mara12Mara12about 10 years ago
Very nicely done

Good build-up and well-rendered characters, very nice flow, very believable.

As an aside, I protested at the Nevada Test site in the 80's, and sat at the table next to Carl Sagan while he was being interviewed by some news organization. Nearly got arrested.

gordo12gordo12about 10 years ago
Great story

I read a couple of your other stories and there is definitely talent there. This one seems to be an ideal lead in to a apocalypse type of story. Perhaps the next hollywood disaster movie :-) A sequel wouldn't be a bad decision!

Keep it up!

SwillySwillyabout 10 years ago
That was like really good!

I'd say I liked it, but who likes a catyclysm? Well written, it kept my interest until the end. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The entire point of Earth Day!

This story epitomizes why it is so important to take care of the Earth in every way! This is the most extreme example I have come across in any of the entries in this contest, but as you said, the risks truly are there. I really thoroughly enjoyed this story; definitely the better of your entries for this contest. Good luck!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
had me drawn in with the charming love story...

Then made me laugh my ass off with the "cataclysm"! I mean, damn! I was expecting *some*thing to happen, with a tension builder like "lost everything" in the description...but I didn't expect to laugh harder than I have in days! Bravo! My only suggestion is, you might get a higher rating if you put this in humor/satire. Some folks only get a joke when they are *told* it's a joke. Oh dear me...I placed my tongue so far in my cheek that it punctured it! Whoops! Seriously though...you are scientifically well-informed enough that you should be writing for syfy channel! Sharknado 3 anyone? That's what I call scientific vigor. Falsifiability? Basic understanding of nuclear, particle, and geophysics? What are these next to an emotional appeal of such force as: "nuks r badzorz"? (nukes, aka fission or fusion based nuclear weaponry, are bad) I shall tell you. They are as nothing beside it. Nuclear winter is real, even if non-movie scientists laugh at the concept. Nuclear weapons will turn the earth into a lava fountain, even though that will never and could never happen, especially not without "prefatory" disasters of sufficient significance to make any size "Trap" (rofl) utterly beneath notice of the people that would already be...if not dead, on their way there. And what disaster am I talking about? Oh pick one. Before random spots on the earths surface would start spewing magma, then to become lava, **because of sustained nuclear testing,** the mantle would essentially have to begin resembling the core in viscosity level. And the planet would have torn itself apart due to orbital stresses long before uniform liquefaction of the mantle was complete. So, funny story. I gave it a four, because I wasn't really looking for laughs. But nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sequel!! Please!

I gotta know if they make it to Anchorage, AK! What happens to them after they get there? 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Frankly

This scares the shit outa me.

Crusader235Crusader235over 7 years ago
Trapped

Nov. 2016 and we haven't been trapped yet, just matter of time. Loved your story 5 Stars from this reader.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous