Tri-ethereal Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BADSAM689
BADSAM689
235 Followers

Then he turned to the guard. "Don't worry you're not in the middle of this. For now just leave that other stuff in the empty cell."

"Yes my Lord. Thank you my Lord."

"Except for my cape, just do as Count Strydamu or Lord Clyton orders you to do. The cape has my crest on it. Tell them that if they touch my cape then I'll have them arrested. But I don't think they'll bother with it, seeing that it is mine."

"As you wish my Lord."

He then told me and John that he is going to talk to Lord Kartier. Then he and Lord Kartier together are going to loan Lord Clyton enough money to pay off his gambling debts to Count Strydamu. Once Lord Clyton is no longer in the Count's debt then the Count will no longer be able to force Lord Clyton to do his bidding.

He is also going to tell Lord Kartier about Edgar's theft of the chess set from the library. Although this is not enough to force the Count to resign as Presiding Officer of the royal council -- it was his son, not he, who broke the law -- once they confront him about his forcing a noble to do his bidding, the two offenses together is enough of an embarrassment to get him to withdraw his bid to become a Lord.

It is not unlawful for a Lord to be in debt to a civil aristocrat. But it is an embarrassment, especially for the Lord.

If he doesn't withdraw his request then Lord Kennington will have Sheriff Lord Robert arrest Edgar for stealing his chess set. Count Strydamu is about to discover the extent of his and Lord Kartier's influence.

As John said, 'things are going to get even hotter.'

To be continued . . .

BADSAM689
BADSAM689
235 Followers