All Comments on 'Trials of Love Pt. 03'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 299 Comments
TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
No

Too convoluted, too many improbable twists requiring suspension of disbelief, too much of Clinton type "I never had sex with him."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It was the hormones

It's all about the hormones, and the weird birth control, and the devious friend. It was all a big misunderstanding. It blew chunks. That's one of the most disappointing finishes to a good beginning ever. Great setup, the middle and the finish sucked the big one. Ridiculously implausible and moronic.

WyldcardWyldcardover 7 years ago

Well, you got to address my comment in part 2, that it left Stephen's behavior unexpected.

My view is, this is fiction. It can have melodrama, which this does. This also has something less common in this category than many others, it has actual erotica. Shocking!

Usually this category is overwhelmed with revenge porn and humiliation porn. The swinging tales may have erotica, but aren't really my thing. So yay.

Anyway, thanks for the story. I wouldn't say it was your best work, but it was worth at least three times what I paid for it. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
again well written but....

Felt ending too rushed and too pat. Would have resulted in a marriage based on mistrust and lies (as are a lot of real ones). Actions of everyone bar 'Peter' when he ran away are very questionable and convoluted.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
A total abdication of responsibility

The writer abandoned this story after part one. The lack of effort is astonishing to me. This doesn't seem as if the writer even tried to fake up a plausible explanation for this ending. Everything that happened after part 1 was theater of the absurd. I said I would wait, because the build up is easy. Put the characters in the fire and then extract them. Putting them in is easy; pulling them out is the rub. They just stayed in the fire, slowly roasting in the preposterous explanations and excuses. The only choice is a two or a three. I'll be very generous and reward the lack of effort with a three.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I really enjoy your writing but I wonder about one thing

OK, so like Nigel was playing gigolo but now we feel sorry for him?

Wow, LW has made me such a cynic.

wylie236wylie236over 7 years ago
not sure

You made the comment that this story is a one off and that it just came to you and you went with it. I think that is pretty evident in reading the story. The first part held my attention and left me wanting more. The second and third parts didn't hold my attention at all - almost like it was a chore to read to the end. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, it isn't meant to be. I enjoyed reading the entire story, just felt that the ending left something to be desired.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 7 years ago
Interesting

The whole problem seems to stem back to the beginning of their marriage when she didn't want to publicly acknowledge her marriage to Peter. I could see that in the case of a rock music star involved, but certainly not a classical musician.

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
Humpty dumpty

sat on a wall. Seriously Henry ll? Wow. Okay, I agree with the comment that the first chapter didn't seem to be more than loosely related to the other 2. I figured early on that Stephen had an irrational dislike for his boss. I also understand that some forms of medications can make you do stupid things but I find it hard to believe that the wife treated her husband like that all those years to protect him from the tabloids. She was sensitive to what her parents felt, maybe so, and so worked out a way to have the best of both worlds. The only kicker I find here is that the little pussy went along with it. She was a conniving bitch and nearly fucked up her "good deal" with the wealthy writer. I don't know but I think I would have had a hard time with her actions the night of the last concert, I have been in a daze after a particularly great show and have zoned a bit but I knew if my girl friend was there or not. And I surely would have had a fit if someone had of kept her away from the after party. I am a normally very docile person (ha, not really at all) but even I would have had issues with the whole thing. I can't believe hubby went from determined to nothing after seeing her. Didn't like anyone in the story except for the round heeled sister and of course Tom. There were what they seemed to be and that's it. Still and all the writing was good and the flow was quick so it wasn't so hard to read these last two chapters so I guess you'll get a 3 from me for that much.

kdcee79kdcee79over 7 years ago
From Wow to Wimpy

I did say after your first chapter that I hoped you'd be one of the few authors' on LW that was able to maintain your high standard right through to the end - sorry, but for me you failed quite badly. The more this progressed the more mundane it became, sure, I realise that there are only so many threads possible when telling a story but, Andy, surely whichever one you choose should at least be compelling & well told. This was like opening a really good cold beer after mowing the lawn on a hot day only to find it go flat half way through. While I was originally only going to score this a 2, I felt I'd underscored the initial chapter giving only a 4 when a 5 was more appropriate. 3 ***

Storm113Storm113over 7 years ago
wanted reconciliation

Wished she hadn'gone as far as she did. Why no confrontation with her parents? Why didn't she explain her issues to them before. Story is too incomplete. Need to expand some. Need to add some marriage counselling. Need some retribution on Stephen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
As always.

The stupid boys fill the comment section with idiotic bs.

Sorry but anyone rating this a 1 is a complete moron.

It is not your best story and the last 2 chapters were not as good as the first but it is still far superior to 95% of the crap posted in LW (that includes both the cuck and rabid btb stories).

I enjoyed the story and hope to see more from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too Much Crap

Whenever a story in Literotica is preceded by a ton of BS from the author stating why they wrote this or that and this does not mean what it seems and such crap as that, and then they come back with more after the last chapter, if I can last until the last chapter, then I know to not waste my time with the actual story.

We, as readers, know our rights to comment, not comment, make suggestions or not, and all of the other normal things that go with the act of reading. When

an author starts telling me what I, as a reader, could/should do with their product I know immediately to save my reading time for another story. This is most definately one of those times.

jayrel47jayrel47over 7 years ago

Really enjoyed the first posting and the way you developed it. I then went to your page and read a couple more of your tales. I had already read 2 rings, and was impressed at how well they were written. Obviously a bit of a reoccurring theme but well told. Though enjoying the final 2 posting, I agree with the other comments, that they fell short of the first post. Look forward to reading your future endeavors

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I thought they were going to get back to why she never asked why they didn't wait for him backstage? He said they were going to get back to it after she had no explanation and just looked down, ashamed. Nigel probably distracted her with a heated truth-telling competition in the limo. She loves those.

The problem with this story, as is wrong with so many of these not so great stories from very talented writers in this genre, is many Loving Wives writers have convinced themselves that BTB and consequences stories are too easy. They are certainly less difficult than a satisfying reconciliation, but the more drama you add in the build up, the bigger the hole you have dug for the wife. If the husband is too easy on her, immediately laughing at her inappropriate for the moment jokes and comforting her after she's betrayed him, it doesn't come across as relatable to the reader. (Unless the reader happens to be into that sort of thing, but 90 percent of the stories here are already dedicated to that low percentage of readers.) You can't leave out things like the time he blew up at her and she stormed away. That scene needs to be shown, not just mentioned in passing. That's the drama. That's real. Not dismissive dildo jokes. Successful reconciliation must be hard as Hell. Why wouldn't writing it convincingly be?

If you want to kill that particular white whale, put in the work and don't just gloss over details that stirred up so much emotion in the setup. If you're not up for scaling Everest, it's easier, and a better idea, to use that talent to write a great BTB or consequences tale. The least satisfying sort of story to read here (aside from the cuck/hotwife stuff) is a reconciliation that falls short of the mark. That's just downright upsetting, as you can tell from the comments. It's always tempting to blame the reader (and a few of them make it easy) but if you hit a homerun, you'll hear about it.

Writing a RAAC story is even easier than BTB. Just wave the magic wand of "but I can't live without her" or "we're having a baby" and there you go. Who wants to read that, though? It's deflating to get invested in the drama a good writer invokes, and then have them let you down with a weak finish. All because a BTB is "too easy." Coming up with an original yet plausible BTB is probably as big of a challenge as a satisfying, earned reconciliation. That's why those two kinds of stories are so rare but so loved.

Thanks for the story. I hope you didn't find this comment discouraging. I think you've got real talent that's just in need of a bit of course correction. Do with that opinion as you wish.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another Great Story

Great Story, I am looking forward to your next one...!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
And....

Great start and well worded piece. Part one and two flowed well but I think you rushed the conclusions of part 3. It was almost as if you ran out of steam writing the last part.

Be pleased to read your next work when it comes out.

grabmyballs2grabmyballs2over 7 years ago
Where Is the Revenge?

Who got even with Steven? With her parents? With Nigel and with Kay? I don't see it here and that frustrates me. Our hero ends up behind in every category except righteousness, and that doesn't count much for me.

Thank you for writing. I enjoyed your story anyway, but I want a different type of story, I guess.

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 7 years ago
Great Story

It was a great story, but I would have liked to have seen, or rather read, a confrontation with Stephen towards the end. Still, it was good work and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for the story and your time, and please keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Painfully dishonest bullshit

Of course the women can do no wrong crowd will be falling all over themselves to praise this ridiculous tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
trust

After reading chapter one this morning i had all day to stew about how i would handle the situation. Mom always said there were two sides to every story and you would be best off to hear both sides before making any decisions. good advice

MullendersMullendersover 7 years ago

i truly dont like unfinished stories and in my eyes it is unfinished as you dont mention anything about the main antagonist and you open a plot line in then end about kay's parents and then dont close it that bugs the hell out of me.

i like it when an ending ends all plot lines and all are truly closed and i my personal opinion you left some biggies open and that does frusterate me a litle

but you got a nice story here i certainly cant do it!

thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very interesting

I did like this presentation... I will re read again... yes to me somewhat discombobulated with all the curves and switch backs... But so is life.. Do not I trust Kayla, Nor I do not in the future nor the the past... In this case Peter was able to get answers he wanted and "he needed". this is a 5 for me...maybe because this is too close to home for me thanks

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
You asked the question and you didn't answer the question

When all of her 'horny' problems could have been solved with a SINGLE phone call, to a guy obviously rich enough to buy MULTIPLE farms, cottages, boats, apartments, and penthouses, a guy who can write anywhere, why didn't she?

For the life of me, I didn't see anything which explained this adequately. Because BEFORE she started blowing Nigel, before Nigel was a 'thing', she could have called Hubs and boom, story over! (Obviously we didn't want the story to be over...more on that later)

This story started operatically, with the secret marriage, the knowledgeable gossip, and the public humiliation...

And it ended on a whimper. Jamie, whom we never met, left Stephen, whom we barely met and oh, a company which we didn't care about got sold. This is not Il Commendatore dragging the miscreant to Hell.

Why no confrontations? Stephen should have gotten his. So should the mother in law. And the publicist. Who exactly did she work for again? Yeah. Two horribly understated lines just didn't do it. It needed a better ending. The low key Sculpture Contrivance worked for the Woodworker's Wife. Not so much here.

The wife's character was too inconsistent and the situations were too contrived for me to give this full marks. A woman SO in love that she would gyp out of her last concert if hubby isn't there, is not going to be Nigel-handled into a car without her husband. Not after the text. Not after the agreeing to meet. And nothing says 'It's over' to a former lover like HANGING ON YOUR HUSBAND'S ARM. How could she not know that bringing her husband out of the closet was deal breaker for him?

So that worked as a beginning situation, but none of her explanations worked and that was one of the things I was waiting for.

Why would she be on fertility drugs AFTER she was pregnant? Why would she carry those drugs with her on a last minute, probably charter flight to get to the south of France? We needed to be fed that information? Excuse? That wasn't the way to do it....or it needed a little bit more like 'these are old pills that she is still carrying but thank God not still taking". Then again, why was a stranger going through her luggage? And if the WIFE brought this up, well...that isn't evidence. That is 'cover'. She has had four months to come up with a good story.

The seamless synergy of 'I want to keep the marriage secret' and 'so I can keep my options open for Hunky Record Executives' would have raised demons which would have been pretty damn hard to put to bed and seemed set aside rather easily. He never had a real marriage.

At the end of the day, this wasn't about any earned repentance on her part. She didn't convince me very much. She perhaps got out of whack, but I'm guessing she loved the attention, lost her way and actually...IMO, fell a little in love with Nigel. That makes a lot more sense to me, but the author says 'no'. They are his characters, but I am not buying it.

The husband stayed for the baby. Trite but True.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
The setup is always the easiest part.

That's why so many stories are in chapters where the first chapter sets the tone. The wife is evil as hell in chapter one. Where do you go from there? Once you have her do unforgivable things, by definition, she cannot be forgiven. You painted yourself into a corner with chapter one and walked through the paint in the next two chapters to escape the room.

Then there is the editing. It really needs some work. There are incomplete sentences and confusing clumps of words throughout the story. Example: "Not so much that new." What does that even mean? What does "cos" mean? An ambitious effort, but once you make a character's actions unforgivable, it's close to impossible for the reader to forgive her/him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bullshit

He's still a coward wimp, she's a cheating liar, and most of this made no sense.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
The other problem

is that the guy publicly proposed to a woman he knew was married, and that her husband was in town, if not in the room. What successful, wealthy guy would do that? Did the grandparents get to see the baby they tried so hard to prevent? This story just did not answer most of the questions it raised. Many of the actions were too bizarre and difficult to believe to have a reasonable explanation, or even a believable one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
crap

Just more cuck crap it was ok that she just blew him and he ate her ,,,,what bullshit

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
Fertility drugs

Ok there are some mistakes made in editing,the story in itself is pretty well build up in my opinion ,her and Nigels explanations made sense in a way,however when Nigel explained what happend did he tell the truth or was the story he told in fact an arangement with Kay,we will never know

Then there is the drug part,fertility drugs can enhance the libido ,that part is true but changing a woman into some kind of nymphomaniac is very,very doubtfull,off course the interaction with her contraceptives is a factor we can't know about as every woman would react differently. Then again what kind of a complete moron would take them at the same time ? it doesn't make sense,she really needs a doctor to tell her the danger as she was experiencing knowingly what it made her do and become ?? Doubtfull to say the least

I give it 5 ***** because i liked the story despite the obvious flauds

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WHAT???

Too many questions still left unanswered and where was the editor during most of this story? 3 stars but it could've been 4 or 5 stars with some thought, planning and some decent explanations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It started off so well

JeepLover42JeepLover42over 7 years ago
Many commenters have talked about the cuckisness of British writers

To bad you had to prove them right.

Don't read unless you have a high gag reflex

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
so.. he was right

she cheated. nigel was her paramour- sort of.

drugs are a very convenient villain. i blame caroline for sticking her nose where it didn't belong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
N.M.F.

Yet another chapter in the age of Not My Fault.

It was the drugs

It was Stephen

It was Trump

Everybody's fault except the person who did the deed.

bioman57bioman57over 7 years ago
A 5 in my book

I read all 3 and find that they kept me focused and entertained. Well written. Thank you. and I look forward to reading more of ur work

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The first chapter was by far the best of the 3

Chapters 2 and 3 did not have the same suspicious (and therefore a more interesting read) activities that chapter 1 had.

Anon made me laugh about Brits being cucked and yet most of those types of stories emanate from the USA so think that anon trying to make up for the yanks that cannot get enough of that shit.

What do you do when yr wife has your child in her belly but she was making out with someone else? Many will spout on about kicking to the curb, maybe. Unfortunately there was nothing to like about this wife as she had allowed herself the opportunity to have affairs by denying public knowledge of her marriage and deep down I think the pills were just her get out clause. I must say that I do not know what I would have done, but if I did take her back there is no way I would let her do another tour without being there, which would then show total lack of trust, and as I am a suspicious character at the best of times I think I would known long before the husband in this.

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
3*s

Major failure , the evil antagonist is completely undeveloped😬 ❗

Usually, the cheating husband or wife is the character a reader can root against. We learn of their motivation and the actions taken. This story had a third party Stephen and to a lesser degree her parents.

In this case Stephen took advantage of Kay , her naivety, and drug/hormone influenced mind. With dupe James manipulated Nigel into falling in love with Kay.

Then we find out all about it in the epilogue. Really!

You couldn't work the plotting and conspiracy into the story to give it some emotional impact. Definitely a major fail Andyhm👎.

Gave you 3*s. Could have been much more😕.

AMerryman

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

Okay, many of these are repeats:

She’s having sexual problems and she doesn’t even think of calling her husband, let alone actually doing it!

She gets a call from Nigel, who says, "Kayla love, where did you disappear to last night after the show?” Lies about who it’s from, won’t return the call till he’s in the shower so that he can’t eavesdrop, and whatever she said didn’t discourage Nigel from proposing that night!

And I don’t buy the assistant adding the custom ringtone on his/her own! The whole point of custom ringtones is so that YOU recognize who’s calling; if you don’t set it yourself it’s meaningless!

And the comedy of errors with him being left behind at the concert hall and off the guest list at the reception defies belief!

"If this started several months before I left.” – Does that include the hormone crap? If so, why didn’t she tell him then? “One simple phone call and I would have dropped everything and gone to her.”

"Stephen was not pleased” – Yep, Stephen is definitely involved. We saw it at the concert, and they’re realizing it now.

Nice Deus ex Machina having it all be Stephen’s plotting, but it STILL doesn’t explain all of her actions.

“You're putting me in an impossible position” – Why? If Kay didn’t do anything wrong why would Laine have a problem telling him? The only way it could be a problem for her is if there is something Kayla doesn’t want him to know!

Okay, I have two major problems: It’s not the reconciliation itself, though I believe I have stated my issues several times. It’s the tendency of this author to have husbands who are SO in love with their wives that they just HAVE to forgive them, for their own sakes. Unless the husband CAN leave, it makes any decision to stay a little meaningless! Second, I STILL haven’t seen a proper explanation for her lying about “D”s call and hiding her response to it. I DO blame him a little, he should have simply said, “Who is ‘D’ and why is he calling you ‘Kayla love’?” But when he said she missed a call, why didn’t she simply say that it was Nigel from the record company?

"I should never have insisted we keep our relationship a secret. I should have called you as soon as I felt that something was wrong with me. I shouldn't have lied to you either” – Yep, yep and yep! And while we’re here I’m going to repeat my point about the secret marriage. Her aunt’s marriage broke up because her husband couldn’t take the gossip. There is the SAME gossip about Kayla! So why couldn’t the gossip have the same affect on their marriage?

“he's the only other person who knows what happened between the pair of us and you need to hear what he has to say." – How can Peter be sure that Nigel hasn’t been coached on what to say?

“woman who almost six months pregnant” – She was just starting to show, and it’s only been a few weeks, and she’s almost six months along?

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
Chapter 1= 5*, 2=4*, 3=2*

In chapter 1 you developed characters nicely and set the hook for future parts of the story. Then the wheels fell off the wagon.

I'm in agreement with HDK that you did paint yourself into a corner with chapter 1. To me the stupidity of the proposal was a deal breaker. What intelligent, sophisticated, wealthy man would risk humiliation by publicly proposing to a married woman - not gonna happen.

Chapter 2 was just ok. Chapter 3 was bad. Too convoluted, nonsensical and way too many loose ends. Oh, yes, editing was not evident. Many non-words, some sentences made no sense. The ending of this story seemed to be one of those where the author appears to have run out of steam and was just looking for a place for a final period.

Overall, I like your work and the starting premise of this story was good.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Pappy7

You brought up something that I have mentioned a few times regarding the "secret marriage."

That supposedly to protect him from the tabloids, but the tabloids were still printing gossip about her, so how was he protected?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
One Final(?) Comment

Why do just about all of this writer's story involve a husband who just can't bear to leave his wife?

Sometimes you have to cut your losses, even if it hurts! I'm not saying that he should have left, but I don't think ANY of this author's husbands have left their wives. It DOES happen sometimes!

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
TRIALS TURN INTO A TEST

and a love test patronizes all. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Poor Old Nigel

Given she was happily sucking his cock it was unsurprising that he thought her marriage was about to end and that he could marry her-his intentions were sincere throughout (good for the Brits!). In his place I'd never have travelled to France to substantiate the cheating bitch's alibi.

As other commentators have said she was a inveterate liar. It was one of those stories where the author asserts flatly that they 'made it' but leaves the reader wondering how it was done. The first time she goes on tour without him (he's got a career too) he should be wondering hourly who she was 'not really cheating' with. Babies don't solve problems.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 7 years ago
Great Story, but...

Lots of holes. Why didn't he press to find out what happened with her dates outside of that "month" she so carefully phrased ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
James?

Author, explain where James came from!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Andy Hm Loves to Go ' Over the Top ' with Forever Love , Winds Up a Bit Over His Story Skis ( this time )up

It's not for lack of effort or even innovation, the story hit some concluding flat notes. I sympathize and with preceding criticisms. The reasons for disquiet are tangible and valid. But for next few moments , f#%k em' . It's a free story, the talented author worked hard and challenged himself . Story-wise the cake got caught out in the rain in part two and collapsed in part three. That only fractionally decreases my intense enjoyment of part one .

In the initial installment I so enjoyed Andy Hm's world where a classical pianist is equivalent to a rock star in terms of units sold. In reality the top selling classical CD for current week is often only 200 sales at actual music stores. Classical musical events do attract enthusiastic live audiences and cds do sell briskly at actual concerts.

Hindsight being 20/20 , the previous marketing fact buttressed Kayla's argument to keep marriage secret in the interests of marketing. Competition is very fierce in classical music scene. The author initially did a great job presenting Kayla as a complex siren with a talent for duplicity and the keyboard.

I LOVED those surreal scenes with obstinate doorman, the double-switch reception sites and then Peter watching his wife Kayla getting proposed to in public. Those were Hitchcock-esque. Think Vertigo , Rear Window or Notorious. I can't pan the story because those scenes were too great. I recognize the previous harsh comments have substance , but in my unhumble opinion the means sufficiently justify the lackluster end.

Full marks *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Anonymity

Stars have no privacy. They are exposed every day for the slightest faux pas. Their lives a glass house. She would have to be dumb as mud to not expect exposure for the marriage or the affair. Round up the usual clichés and excuses.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
Story really isn't finished

The author did resolve the situation with Nigel, but as HDK pointed out, none of the other relationships were resolved - her parents, Stephen, her publicist. HDK is correct, it was a five star setup and a two star fizzle at the end. As for the wife, I think she really did love her husband but she sure went too far with Nigel. Although Hillary kept Bill after Monica, so who knows. Entertaining series, though.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Full of flaws

but still the first chapter was worth 5+ and from there on I was hooked until the end and kind of disappointed that Nigel could not convince him.... at least..

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you, for making this story easy to rate. Hard as hell to read, but easy to rate.

Actually not that hard to read, if you know how to skip over drivel. You start with the first sentence of each paragraph. When the first sentence of paragraph 2 summarizes the drivel droned on in paragraph 1 then you can skip to the first sentence of paragraph 3, and so on. As soon as you see a name or an incident you don't recognize you skip back, add that data to the few facts that matter, then skip forward again. Look for quotation marks then skim the sentence to determine if its new information or more dithering about what the character doesn't know, didn't do, is unsure of, or what might have been, except he never asked or waited to listen. Miscommunication and no communication drove this entire story and behavior. The plot devices of drug induced adultery, close friend becoming conspiratorial fiend, and parents who want to break up their daughters marriage (from a rich world famous author?), and you have a preposterous cartoon trying to be a dramatic love story.

She lied every time her husband asked her what really happened, and only told the truth when she was forced to. She could have had her sexual urges satisfied by her husband with a simple phone call, but ended up spending many nights with Nigel after she sucked his cock while he ate her pussy, but they never fucked. Promise. Ask Nigel. How come Peter didn't ask her if she swallowed Nigel's cum? But that's OK, Peter probably wants a drop himself.

Were you on drugs when you wrote this?

Thanks for trying, but it was an awful lot of words and silly excuses for not much substance.

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Irritating

First you start with a fucked up long distance marriage. Then you add cheating and we are supposed to believe that the husband would be so devastated that he would run away? Of course the cheating wife(yes oral sex is cheating) really loves him, it was just the hormones! Of course she had an affair and lied her ass off as well as dated other men, but she really loves her wealthy author husband - r I g h t! You threw in her pregnancy to stake him to her no matter what - fuck you. Then you unleash a huge conspiracy theory that caused her to cheat?! - stupid and there was no retribution for the conspirators? In the end, he is shackled to a cheating slut, his friends betrayed him and he is just going to take it and go in living with her? Stupid, irrational and worst of all- irritating!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A thoroughly enjoyable read

Opinions and assholes....everybody has one. The story kept me interested, thank you for providing all three parts in a timely manner. I liked the characters you've developed, and the trials and tribulations they went through that made up this story.

Thank you again for a great effort.

BDEarth

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Many comments

Scores are largely meaningless in this category. Very high ones mean something. Either it's a quality piece or the site moderators are up to their usual tricks. The most poorly written and awful stories have four stars. It is the comments that tell you how good a story is. Typically, many comments means it is a top flight story.

There are the rare exceptions. Some stories are so enraging to the readership that they drum up a shitstorm of comments. This is one of those stories. The first part built up an expectation. The last two parts were so awful that the readers set up a howl of outrage. It was the classic bait and switch. Present one thing, take it away and deliver something else. It was so badly executed that people come out of the woodwork to complain. It was dreadfully edited, the plot was contrived and ridiculous, the characters were totally unbelievable.

So, how to rate it? Is it one story, or three stories? It is true that the last two chapters have very little connection to the first chapter, but still, it is one story. The build up was very good; the end game was lackluster and as anticlimactic as anything I've ever read. It devolved into vibrators and hormones, destroying any credibility established by the opening part. The lack of editing takes away one star, so, for me, it ends up a two. Sorry, that's just how disappointing the last two chapters were.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Brilliant

A truly enjoyable story, believable and shows that albeit fiction love can win through, Thank you

chastenchastenover 7 years ago

I enjoyed that every much

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful

Every one of your stories are fresh and interesting. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not believable in the least.

There are so many plot holes and loose ends in this flimsy story that I don't even know where to begin.

In the first place, a successful novelist has much higher earning potential than even the most successful classical musician. So it seems highly suspect that Kayla's family was as wealthy as to make Peter feel socially inferior.

Secondly, the separation where Peter's Aussie friends left him for over 24 hours to contact Nigel to get him to corroborate Kayla's spin--would never hold up in a court of law. Nigel's testimony would be considered tainted because he and Kayla had ample time to consult to get the details down.

The actions of the Aussie couple are also suspect--they claim to be Peter's friends--yet they continually acted in a way which was contrary to his best interests.

Thirdly, if Kayla was so devoted to Peter as she claims and had ceased all contact with Nigel after the incident in the nightclub, why was it so easy for her to contact Nigel to get him to meet with her to confirm her story to Peter?

Fourthly--if Kayla and Peter intended to fully deal with Stephen, instead of buying his interest in the agency out, they could and should have sued him for fiduciary breach, which would have stripped him from any ownership interest in the agency, as well as being subject to other financial recompense. As their mutual representative, he had a legal and moral obligation to represent their best interests and when he started acting in Kayla's interest to the detriment of Peter's, he acted in a manner which was actionable--especially if it is granted that Kayla's judgment might have been impaired. Peter would also have cause for action against Stephen for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.

Finally, there is no denouement with the family. Since the story indicates they were British subjects, the parents could be sued for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress since it was at their direction and prompting that Stephen embarked on his campaign to destroy the marriage. Laine could also be joined in such an action since she chose to side with Stephen and act to help cover his actions even though she also had a fiduciary obligation as an employee of Peter's via his co-ownership of the agency to act with his best interests.

Basically, Peter comes off as a clueless, wimp who deserves no sympathy because the minute Kayla comes to him and bats her eyelashes he caves to her. Kayla had no real remorse for her actions, her remorse was in getting caught. She wanted to have her cake and eat it too--and only when it became apparent she couldn't did she collapse. She was nothing but a cold-hearted conniving bitch who should have been broomed.

stev2244stev2244over 7 years ago
Thanks

I´m glad there are still good authors around that dare to submit a full reconciliation story. I´ve enjoyed reading this one from start to end and could sympathize with both protagonists. 5* for all parts from me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@LordSlamdawgg

I'm sorry, I claim no expertise, but I doubt that few, if any, classical music fans care if a musician is married or not, or gets tittilated by their romantic escapades to the point where it affects attendance or CD sales!

billyblazebillyblazeover 7 years ago
Great story!

I think the first chapter was as compelling as any I have read on this site. The ending chapters were not quite as gripping, but were probably a better reflection of real life than the usual BTB or revenge story. I would have still liked to see Nigel get a punch in the nose and for our hero to get some fitting revenge on Stephen and the other "enablers," but that's because I like fiction better than reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

She had every opportunity to seek her husband for sexual relief, she chose not too. She also went on dates with multiple men, was that the pills fault too? Like Peter said, those pills don't make you do things you don't want too. At every opportunity she chose another man for sexual gratification, that means something.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
@ sbbrooks ( respectfully )

The beautiful Diana Krall isn't a classical artist, but works in non-mainstream music genre of jazz piano has become 3 % less sexy and marketable since she married Elvis Costello ( not a joke , they're actually married ) according to multiple surveys. Ok , ok I'm lying about the surveys. It's just me but I'll prove my theory cc single , hot , female artists and commercial appeal.

Think of Julia Roberts in her twenties. Now think of that Julia Roberts performing oral and assuming doggy position for Lyle Lovett ( yes they were actually briefly married ) . Are you going to pay to see a Julia Roberts movie today ? Probably not .

I rest my case. Good day sir.

Bill1104Bill1104over 7 years ago
Since when is giving a blow job a minor event?

I have noticed that in many of the stories in this genre, the wife giving a blow job to a person not her husband is not a marriage killer but having genital sex is. Not in my book. If I were so inclined to not forgive my wife for genital sex, I surely wouldn't excuse a blow job.

Having said that, the first chapter was great. Chapters two and three, not so much.

Bill1104

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Big let down

I rated it one ☆. Oral sex is sexual intimacy. She gave Nigel access to her body. Unless you're part of the lying Bill Clinton crowd who believes 'eatin ain't cheatin', this doesnt work. As someone else observed Peter was always just a phone call away for a bootie call yet Kayla never did so - by her own choice.

Kiss that used married mouth that someone had trespassed in? Hell no. And having a child is no reason to continue a tarnished relationship. Who knows how many men or women she'd been intimate with over the year on tour?? She's clearly a gifted liar, never to be trusted again.

Yoire clearly not a BTB writer, and all about RAAC. I've read l of your writing on LE and while I admire your skill, your stories reflect a true passive personality. We are who we are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story!

What do you suppose the grandparents' relationship with their granddaughter will be?

john1946john1946over 7 years ago
Good story

Loved the attention to detail that you presented. I felt I understood the caracters. Seldom is it used here. Nice read.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 7 years ago
5

How nice, a complete conclusion to a decent twisted tale of love, collusion and the dreaded inlaws. I could stand more tales like this please.

Dirty_SteveDirty_Steveover 7 years ago
Ending was too open....didn't feel like it ended at all

The resolution you used to bring the couple back together was weak. Who believes the male half of an affair? Of course he backed up her story. He was in love with her and didn't want to piss the husband off any more. It gave her an excuse and he believed the story. Very weak element to solve that problem.

Why churn up an issue with the grandparents if it wasn't at all resolved. The story didn't end... you just stopped writing. You don't have to close all issues up with a fancy ribbon but their marriage is not safe. If that was the conclusion you wanted us to feel it fails because nothing can destroy a happy marriage like grumbling inlaws.

Other than those issues I enjoyed the story. It could have been stronger if it was longer and you really worked at making their relationship either saved or broken.

Frankberger11Frankberger11over 7 years ago
Love it!

I have just discovered you as a writer. Well done! I enjoy character development and some devious twists. I shall now read your other works

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More

I would love to read a follow up to your story covering the relationship between thee primary characters and their parents as well as Stevens fall. Great story and I am looking forward to more from you. You have raised this site up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I liked the story, and it was well written.

However, I still don't understand why in the present time it's apparently less of a betrayal for your wife or girlfriend to give a guy a blow job rather than screw him. This would be especially true if they were doing a 69, which is just about as intimate a contact as two lovers could have. The mouth not only has taste buds in it which the vagina doesn't have, but also has many, many more nerve endings than the vagina. I guess that it's just the modern perception. One other point, don't I recall that in the first chapter you mentioned that Kay didn't like to give hubby blow jobs? That would make it quite a change in her actions in wanting to please Nigel, wouldn't it? I guess that she found out that she liked it after favoring Nigel with several since she gave hubby one in the shower after she found him on the boat. Enjoyed it anyway, and thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sleeping

This story is better than most. Nevertheless, I was disappointed. A woman does not cheat on her husband because she is physically horny. I have been married almost 40 years and boy have I been horny and had the chance but I never cheated on my wife. So the horny excuse was just that and overly contrived. Another aspect I haven't seen commented on is that wife didn't just relieve her so called uncontrollable horniness she actually spent multiple nights sleeping with her boyfriend. To me that would be more unforgivable than if she had sex with him and left him when it was over. Sleeping multiple nights with someone is more intimate than using them for sexual gratification only and to me is much worse. When Husband learned that his wife was actually spending nights with someone he had been told was only being used to put out her unquenchable uncontrollable lust that would have been it for me since it put the LIE to every thing else she said. She had played, fallen in love with another and after learning she was pregnant by her husband she decided to keep the real father.

Finally, I don't believe Wife ever really showed real remorse and can't believe her own excuse of uncontrollable physical needs. How does Wife explain to Husband that she became so comfortable and intimate with another man that she slept with him all night multiple times. Doesn't seem like he was a human dildo to me. If he was she would just screw him and put him back in the drawer to continue the dildo analogy and not spend intimate hours holding and canoodling him.

anon.1

Richie4110Richie4110over 7 years ago
Agree, great story well writen

Love your style and love your characters. Awesome details and pulling it together in such a dramatic way made this a 5* effort. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@LordSlamdawgg

Thank you for the Email, but I took no offense, in fun or otherwise.

But in all seriousness, I DO realize that sex sells, and I've seen album covers and promotional pictures of attractive artists in sexy poses.

But I believe I DID say earlier that I could understand it more with movie or rock stars, and I've a better example than yours! Angelina and Brad! Do you think she lost any appeal by being married to him?

Not to repeat myself for the umpteenth time, but her STATED reason for the secret marriage was to save him the embarrassment of the gossip rags, yet her being "single" didn't stop the gossip, as someone else said, it may have encouraged it because she was presumably "available"!

JounarJounarover 7 years ago
another weak it was the hormones excuse

HDK, FD45 and sbrooks103x summed this mess up perfectly.

The marriage of the main characters is kept so super secret, not even her own parents know whats going on! Really! They think he's blackmailing her yet never once raise the subject with their own daughter but rely on a family friend to maybe, someday, break the couple up!

Fuck right off man.

And Stephen, who has know the main characters for over 10 damm years thinks she is being blackmailed? Gimmie a break.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Would never trust her again she cheated , lied then lied more and then lied even more. She then brings the guy who she was giving blow jobs to as a witness to the truth. She disappeared with the meddling friends for a day and come back with her lover. I would have let him tell me his tale and when the time was right smashed his nose in . Her friend not telling him is a hint about the many secrets and all those dates and no fooling around is a lie but she had emotional affairs and at least one sexual one. She is sneaky and had been lying all along as she never told him she went on dates. Trust is the key you can forgive but will you ever really trust her again? I couldn't. Why didn't he contact the other guy involved on his own or try and reach out to Nigel himself without her knowing so she couldn't get him to side with her

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
Another great read from you

Stephen's motives were weak. But then, he was a weak man, wanting to suck up to Kay's parents to prove his spurs, so to speak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I agree it was a good read.

I thought the story was well writen. All three segments kept me going. I was originally going to say that I would have liked have seen Stephen get his. Than I thought better about it. With the story ending the way it did, it leaves it for another story.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 7 years ago
Great story!

I truly enjoyed this story. It is the style and type of story I gravitate to. I will read any future stories because this is my cup of tea. No one can cook a steak that is perfect to everyone. No one can write a story that everyone loves.

In Kay's letter to her fans and to Peter she mentions a man caused her to doubt her love for her husband. I don't understand how that could be true. She always claims that she never loved Nigel and that she only loved Peter. So why the 'caused me to doubt my love' line? Maybe she was in a lying phase since she wanted to keep her marriage safe from outside forces. Of course she was the biggest threat to her own marriage because of her secrecy. She got too horny and used Nigel for sex because she was perceived by the public to be single, so it was alright. Yet she lies to Peter alot. She lies to her public. Hopefully after everything came out she has learned a lesson.

Stephen is not a nice guy. I would love to see how he can explain his deceitfulness to Peter and Kay. I love these characters and I wouldn't mind following this family through a few more chapters. Well done Author. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Five, good story

A good tale, with enough realism and explanations that end the story and don't leave readers hanging.

Andyhm used some nice devices like the letter to Peter and her fans on her web site and the arrival of the Australian couple to move the plot along.

What struck me the most was that Kayla was a conflict averse, why not call Peter and ask him to tour with her. She had no desire to want to explain although those around her knew of the marriage.

Clearly, she had both emotional and physical intimacy with Nigel, not having penetration makes little difference. Peter finally pulls that out she had an affair.

Being embarrassed by her behavior then makes sense and the fear of Peter hearing second hand about it.

The story would be harder to believe without the explanation that James was ultimately the culprit and agent that tried to split them apart.

Thanks for the effort and please keep writing.

FireFox59FireFox59over 7 years ago
Well Done

Enjoyed it. You are a great story teller. Not sure I could ever trust her again but to each his own.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Get a new editor, after reading 1 chapter of romantic1's stories I see he has the exact same errors as you, so don't go saying you make changes after he's edited and I sure as hell hope the ones he's getting 'published' have a professional editor, both of of you need to learn how to edit. As far as I can see you yourself should be able to see all the missing words, letters of words and every time it should be happened, you use happen. Also that's, you only have that, those are 2 examples that you both should have seen. Punctuation is where it isn't needed and not where it is.

Look up the definition of 'yah', its not used where you used it every time.

As for the story, chapter 1 was great, then it was downhill from there. It's like you gave up, too many holes, too many questions he asked that were NOT answered, not going to repeat them as others have already commented on them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Oh if only she didn't blame her hormones(instead of herself) and claim she really didn't technically have an affair(she did) could've been an alright story. But all we got was rhetoric from the cheating wives handbook.

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
On the one hand

the author never answered the question of why she didn't call her husband.

On the other, let's face it, she did a horrible thing and she wants forgiveness. He loves her and questions answered or not, he has to choose to give her grace or not give her grace.

This is the 'bitter pill' of forgiveness and no matter how many people howl about how 'unfair' it is, it is reality. Will you let a person you love off the hook?

Was that portrayed well enough here? I am left dissatisfied, but that is also the nature of forgiveness.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
My comment isn't addressing the author or this series , it's for one of the singularly best comments I've ever read on this site !

And that was by the anon who signs the bottom as Cog.

You just summed up my feelings regarding this genre as it sits today in a way that I only wish that I could have conveyed . I agree with your assessment 110% .

You really are one of the best commenters ( or at least who can emote his feelings better than I can ) , and I always look for you. Really wish you would get an account so that it would make it easier for me to spot you ! lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Finish the damn story!

This story is not complete. Stephen needs his ass kicked in some form or another and the in-laws need to be taught a lesson as well. Then I would have moved the happy couple far, far away to Australia.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Very enjoyable, generally . . .

. . . but at times I got the feeling that it was being dragged out a bit needlessly. Also, there were several passages that were hard to understand due to grammatical and spelling issues. The moral of the story: communicate, communicate, communicate. It was an interesting story, and I sincerely appreciate the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
left hanging

Too many unanswered questions. She was a cheater regardless... I see little penance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Where

can I get a few doses of this drug for my wife?

Chuckles1966Chuckles1966over 7 years ago
So... I will confess to being disappointed

For such a great setup, chapters 2 and 3 seem fairly prosaic. And there's so much that's left hanging. What happens to Stephen? Oh, the business is sold to his rival. The terrible in-laws? Where's the confrontation, the results of that?

There's a whole mix of issues like that. It's like sitting down at a 5-star restaurant, having an excellent appetizer, opening an awesome bottle of wine...and then some drops a plate of fried chicken in front of you. Good, I'm sure, but... damnit, what happened to that 5-star restaurant thing????

C_frommnC_frommnover 7 years ago
Get Back

At the In-Laws. Send pics Never let them see their Grand Children. as for Stephen he will bury himself with his own Delusion's.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 7 years ago
'We

just fooled around'. No you didn't you had sex. It is cheating and once again a author with little imagination sets up a story by having the husband runaway from a non confrontational situation. We all understand the fight or flight reflex but there was no threat to him so why run. Authors do this all the time but it is so unrealistic. Even a wimp would stand there in shock and wait for her reply to the proposal and he would have then seen her reaction but then that would have been a totally different story. A stronger man would have marched up to the couple and had it out with her right there, a pretty normal reaction really. While the story is well written and gets you involved and I understand it must be hard to come up with more than a 100 ways to leave your lover, this one didn't work and like many of the commentators have said it left me unsatisfied. TK

BrewtooBrewtooover 7 years ago
Somewhat Disappointing

Chapter 1 showed real promise and then 2 and 3 turned into cliché unbelievable horseshit - too bad.

davwoodavwooover 7 years ago
A bit of a disappointment

Chapter 1 got me all rever up for a good follow-up but it required a BTB approach which we never got. She must have known what she was doing. If she was feeling that horny a phone call to her doting husband would have solved the problem and she knew that. She enjoyed the attention she was getting and, come on! She was getting fucked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
i liked it

I really liked the story. Gave all 3 parts a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
whoops

peter should have asked nigel if he recovered the ring.il he did uh oh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You tried to save this story

But you it you're self in a corner.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@TonyKiwi

I agree 100%! I think my very first comment on Part 1 said something very similar.

njlaurennjlaurenover 7 years ago
Not a,bad story

But the ending was a bit contrived. It is obvious kat loves him but if the whole thing was hormones and the fertility drugs,why did she keep lying to him?she had to know that the not knowing would make it worse with him, yet she keeps lying.She never fully explains why she leaves,him backstage like that,it is like she forgot him which doesn't make sense...something still didn't add up.Nigel could have been a patsy,but I agree he wouldn't propose to a woman in public like that,just too humiliating if he got rejected.

The ending also was hollow,because there is nothing about the mother in law,if kay loved him she would rip her mother a new one,and Stephen would be in all kinds of shit,and it is pretty disappointing that all that happens is he isn't happy the business gets sold....as far as laine goes,I doubt Peter would want to be represented by people who hid what the wife was doing,how could he trust them? The third part needs expanding and I agree the reconciliation wouldn't be that easy, if for the fact she never really told hom the truth without being coerced.

Setting this in classical music has its problems, classical pianists don't have that kind of broad appeal that they deal with paparazzi and gossip rags,believe me. The closest was years ago page 6 of the NY post had a,small tidbit about an 80 yr old conductor who accidentally sent an email to his entire mail contacts meant for his mistress,telling her to be waiting ,nude,in his hotel room in Shanghai....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Harryin VA called in - again

At the end of chapter one... HIV make two comments which turned out to be exactly correct. His first comment one was that authors always place these wives in these impossible situations which cannot be explained or solved unless the husband is complete idiot. His second point was that the only way the reconciliation occurs or or works in stores like this is if the author forgets actual events that took place in chapter 1 OR changes / spins the events chapter 1

That is exactly what we have seen with th chapter 2 and 3 . As many others have pointed out there are still numerous actual incidence or events which took place in chapter 1 which are completely unexplained or the explanations are so feeble has to be absurd and not believable in any rational sense.

Good call HIV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories