All Comments on 'Tribute Tales: O Tempora, O Mores'

by SirThopas

Sort by:
  • 94 Comments
JennyBearJennyBearalmost 14 years ago
Whoa!

You are good! Kind of morbid but I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Losing the plot alreay. Do not let other dictate the ending or you will lose yourself as a writer. The first instalement was excellent but becareful you do not lose the plot. You are a good writer so plse keep it up . Be creative yet simplistic. Own your thoughts and produce a masterpiece. Good luck

DrPlutonDrPlutonalmost 14 years ago
I liked it.

I still can't imagine a loving wife giving up her husband that easily in the first place, but it makes more sense if I picture her as always having been a little insane.

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 14 years ago
Wow!

A dramatic decent into madness; the living sister co-existing with the (real/imagined?) dead sister's soul. The de-personification of John, in order to kill an 'it' rather than a 'he'. A brilliant little ending.

CarlosCCarlosCalmost 14 years ago
A proper ending

Part one just blew me away, this is a fitting conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great ending

I love a twist!Keep writing!

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
Still somewhat vague, but definitive.

Actually I thought the first story ended rather well, even though she wasn't a murderous schizoid psycho bitch yet, was she? Merely a cheating slut! I enjoyed the fact that Chris exacted a modicum of revenge by using Andrea's deception against her and depriving her of her child, although I suspect he wasn't prepared for Andrea to actually kill John and move back in with him. I think it would have been really, really funny if she had killed John and then Chris drops a dime on her to the cops for murder, after informing her that he and their son could never have any sort of a loving relationship with a cheater AND a murderer. However this gentle reader is more than willing to suffer for artistic merit, flowery prose, and long distance sirens to bring closure to a damn fine story. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Agatha Christie

This, together with "In Memoriam" reminded me more of Agatha Christie's more twisted psychological thrillers, particularly "Endless Night" although the premises of the two stories are quite different they both describe madness and adultery darkly.

It's quite a disturbing ending, but , given Andrea's impossible position at the end of "In Memoriam" quite understandable.

I liked it ,and although I would like to see a continuation, it would be quite unnecessary.

hawkeye007hawkeye007almost 14 years ago
Disturbing...

I wonder if there were any signs of her mental instability before everything went to hell.

fregenfregenalmost 14 years ago
Guess he got what he wanted

Didn't he? There's a price to pay for everything. Hope it was worth it.<P>

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Unusual concept . . .

Unusual concept, artfully executed. I look forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Eagerly awaiting your next effort!

I must say that I really enjoyed both stories (or the two installments of the one story). I love Cheating Wife stories in which the wife betrays her husband intentionally, but feels bad about it. Women whose libidos overpower their moral compasses, but who recognize the tragedy in that - and this story really evoked that image for me.

I thought the second effort did venture a bit far into la-la land, but as another commenter pointed out, Andrea was in an impossible position and a total breakdown is a plausible result. I enjoyed it very much, nonetheless.

You've hooked me twice with your writing and I look forward to reading more.

Keep it up!

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 14 years ago
This is rather novel-like, first calibre plotting;

very different from 99% of the pieces posted in Literotica. It is simple but affective because it is disturbing. Of course, the logic is that Andrea finally broke under psychological pressure. <p>

But, unfortunately, the tragic has now really just started for Chris and William, since they will now for real lose William's mother and Chris real wife to the penal/correctional system. And CHRIS now is the one squarely responsible, although we know by now Andrea is too much into psychosis, even if she wanted, she won't be able to articulate it coherently to the police as to why she killed John and NOW THINKS she's Amy (and Andrea)... the term is of course "split personalities." <p>

Good job on this short but extremely well plotted and executed story of crime and punishment, on all involved, in this case, even William the kid is not exempted from the crime and the punishment, for his entire life, although the crime was created by no more than his mother, his aunt (Amy), and John and, finally, his dad, for suggesting that Andre MUST KILL John, it being the only way the family would really get back together.... so ultimately, William the kid is the one --- well, his grandparents/Andre's parents, too --- not responsible but must suffer all the tragedies to visit upon his family for the rest of his life...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very different and enjoyable.

Outstanding plot twist and non-conventional ending. Well done!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
I missed this ending before....

....good pick, really the only one that works given the circumstances!

swimwriterswimwriterover 13 years ago
Excellent keep it up.

Please Continue...

Want to see ending.. one more time..

rjordanrjordanover 13 years ago
I thought In Memorium was perfect without a definitive ending

and I still do.

When "Amy" started the shower, I was convinced she was going to meet her demise yet AGAIN in the shower.

But she didn't. Now I have two endings taking up that prime real estate in my brain, and as well-told and interesting as your ending was, it can't beat absolutely not knowing how it ended--the original option.

Looking forward to more stories and more Mad Dog chapters.

apollonaapollonaover 13 years ago
Brilliant

This is story telling.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice continuation

She did the right thing in the end. It had to be gotten rid of. It had cost her the husband and son she loved.

Now bring her and Chris back together.

DC_PackardDC_Packardover 13 years ago
Fucking WOW!!

Talk about falling directly into madness. The only thing missing, however, is the fact that Chris caused it. I'm not saying that the whole situation was, in any way at all, caused, or even contributed to, by him. But it was he that finished it. A mother, not already descended into insanity, or maybe strung out on drugs, will rarely allow her child to be taken away so callously, even cruelly, without something damaging her psyche. I was actually satisfied with the ending of "Memoriam". It allowed me to think up so many less horrible resultant scenarios, without thinking of the reality of that kind of situation. Your conclusion took away any fantasy that I may have thought of, and injected probable reality into my brain. Thanks, I guess.

Anyway, this is seriously excellent writing. Thank you for bringing it to us.

DC

ohioohioover 13 years ago
Chilling and brilliant

I thought the original story was just fantastic--one of the most intense and painful and creepy tales I've ever read anywhere.

This one takes another giant step, further into madness, and while I don't find it as gripping as the first story it's still incredibly imaginative and grim.

Both of them are brilliant work! Thank you--

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
ABSOLUTELY...

FANTASTIC ! ! ! Thank you...

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Poe or Hitchcock?

I described the first story in this series as horrendous, but this one is an absolute living nightmare!

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed reading this series and you are a fantatstic writer but my stomach is churning!

Ahhhh .... thats bettter now I can read some more of your wonderful creations.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Truly Impressive Work

The first story was beautifully constructed and led smoothly into the second story. Which as pointed out by one of the commentators reminds me strongly of Poe's works.

The author amazes me...

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 13 years ago
Scary story. Sad. Brilliant.

Something that Stephen King would come up with.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Outstanding

Very original work. I suspected the swap, twins always makes you suspicious that they had traded places. But this was a far more convoluted situation than a typical LW tale. There was the long running interaction with the sisters and boyfriends and the sex with John before Andrea got married. This is something she should have mentioned to her husband. I don't think that you need to reveal your sexual history to a new partner but this was a pretty special case. Then sex starts again this time as an affair. We get the typical qualifications that are supposed to make it OK, "I would never do it while you were in town, only when you were away". That much is pretty common LW BS. But when Amy is accidental killed, that opens up the doors to madness. Permanently taking the place of her sister so she doesn't have to face the consequences of her actions. Andrea paints it as concern for the effect on Chris but the truth of the matter is that she is a coward. So the deception moves on with Andrea unable to be with the man she "loves" and partly away from her son. <br><br>

Then we get the worst plot device ever thought of. What father, after his son loses his mother, would then turn around and abandon his son? I don't care how well his son seems to like Aunt "Amy". He abandons his son!!!!!!!! This is crap used to propagate the story. I understand the need to keep him connected to Andrea but any remotely decent father would never leave his son under such circumstances. HE would have taken him with him. I can see wanting to get away from "Amy" but he didn't need to leave his son to accomplish that. This was a major blot on a great story. <br><br>

The requirement for Andrea to kill John is almost funny. I think Chris proposes it to shock Andrea into realizing the damage she has done but instead she slips into insanity to try to repair her life. In the end this is a tragedy. Did Chris get revenge? Did he really want it? Did he expect anything more from Andrea? All in all a very creative tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I can't belive I missed this - very original and creative!

Very dark and sad stories but brilliant. You have a gift! Thank you for your effort. It is rare to be able to read something thought provoking on this site. I will read anything that you submit!

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Perfect. Absolutely perfect. The perfect murder. Amazing. Just exactly right for a cheating slut.

I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
One of the best on Lit

Prose evoked stark imagery and emotion - well done author, looking forward to your next work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Great story. I luved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
WOW

Absolutely perfect! I'll be looking for your future stories.

MystykOneMystykOneover 12 years ago
infuckingkredible!

i am floored and completely in awe.

you must publish short stories professionally. and if you havnt i dont understand. this better then MANY stories i have read in anthologies of award winning stories, my hat off to you sir!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ANOTHER FRAUD FOR CHRIS

and this time he knows. TK U MLJ LV NV

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
What a Great Ending for this Story!

So much better than the first one. This is definitely a "5". Well-told with good character development and a terrific twisted twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Dud

YOU are weird, good 1, keep writting....bill

PultoyPultoyabout 12 years ago
Great

Very good. Thank you for this. It is imaginative, keeps the reader guessing until the last sentence. I sat there.....well, what happened. It took a good bit to actually realize, I was as ill as you wrote her to be.

I'm SANE, not INsane! I'm SANE, not INsane! LOL.

Thanks,

Pultoy

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Great Story!!!

Weird as hell but a great read. Thanks for sharing.

FD45FD45over 11 years ago
This is a real hard one to comment on

So creative and so dark. It worked for me. She was already pretty fragile about her life, the relationship she was now stuck with. Not loved. STUCK WITH!

Oh how it must have grated upon her soul. She married Chris so she could be an individual...and because of her totally immoral choices, not only did she have to give up the man who made her Andrea, she had to become AMY. Watching him waste away. Watching him grieve. Watching him date.

And the revelation and the cost! I felt a frission.

Yes, most of this is applicable to the previous story but it was such a delicious set up to how her psyche broke. She WAS Amy and if she wanted to be Andrea, then there was a sacrifice. There always is. Too bad she forgot the major problem with 'magic': you never get as much as you pay for as she is learning now.

I recall a Peter Straub story where a wizard was approached by some song birds being afflicted by hawks (don't remember the details). The wizard's price was their wings or their song. They choose song...and he turned them all into frogs. No songs...and no wings either. Amy/Andrea (because neither exists anymore) paid the same price.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
are there any other alternate endings to this tale, apart from the one by cpete?

Lovely story from the concept point of view. We often talk about a need to read something different. The concept of this (by Sir thopas) was truly different and one that makes for a great read.

I would like to know if there are any other alternate endings to this great tale, apart from the one by cpete as i have read that one. I would love to read them all. Do let me know if there are. Thank you.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

what a piece of fucking shit this cunt is. to bad they cant train william to kill this whore too.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Didn't realize this was a continuation/alternate ending to the other Tribute Tale. Very well done. When he gave her the ultimatum, I did get the sense he was just messing with her and didn't really want her to kill John. He was letting her know that they were over. Five stars.

patilliepatilliealmost 10 years ago
Very 'good

Sir Thopas, my what a tale you weave. The dialogue is crackling, the story is superb, really enjoyed this short. Thx.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Love Triangle, Death

So often the love triangle is the formula for violent death. You would think people would get that after all this time.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
The first

time in her worthless life that she did something right! John had it coming, and Andrea deserves to be locked up forever, and to never see her son again. The only thing that remains, is for Chris to make sure that his son forgets that he ever had a mother! Get him a new mom, and send Andrea a photo of them together as a family every once in a while, just to rub it in.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Also

A lot of you are blaming Chris for driving Andrea insane, but I believe her insanity would have been bubbling away under the surface long before. The death of her sister, and her subsequent guilt at having caused it (Amy would not have died, if she wasn't covering for her cheating sister!), drove her to become a replacement for John. However, the further guilt at destroying her husband, causing him to move away from his son, her sense of loss over Chris, she was literally torn in two! Replace the sister whose death she was responsible for, and felt guilty for, while then pretending to BE her, while watching the husband she loved grieving for her loss. It's a miracle she functioned at all for those 2years! Chris rightfully reclaiming his son merely tipped the balance, but she would have snapped eventually anyway, the only difference being that at least Chris had potentially saved his son from her when she finally lost it.

When Chris told her to kill John, he was merely showing her that he would NEVER take her back, not realizing she was already on the brink. All he did, was to inadvertently give her fragile mind a way out. He had no way of knowing how fragile she was, and no way of knowing she would take it literally, I mean, who would? We all tend to believe the people we talk to are sane! And only an already insane person would have taken his suggestion literally.

Chris wasn't responsible, he in fact rescued his son just in the nick of time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What a great plot!

But Chris was very narrow in seeking John's death. He could have had his revenge on both John and Andrea by simply making Andrea play the role of a cheating Amy, who leaves John and marries Chris! For the rest of her life the slut Andrea has to play being the slut Amy, who left her husband for her brother-in-law and nephew. And Chris would have had a blast telling John what a great piece of ass Amy is. "In fact, John, I love her as much as I loved Andrea." Exactly as much. William would have ended up hating her once old enough to appreciate her cruelty and duplicity. At which point Chris could divorce her and find a real wife. Or not. He may have decided half of a pair of twins is better than none.

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Thought provoking but entirely predictable and contrived.

I felt a total disconnect with the characters of this story. The lack of meaningful emotion and brevity made it less painful. I didn't like it. It was a well written piece but it was missing serious emotion. The level of implausibility just made it seem too cartoonish.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Excellent

Actually this was the only ending possible. I'm pissed that I didn't realize it myself.

INSANITY

Five Stars

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
I'm Torn

On the one hand, I guess she got what she deserved, after cheating on her husband, then letting him think she was dead, "stealing" his son and sabotaging his love life.

On the other hand, I was hoping that SOMEHOW they could end up together, whether it be by her getting away with murder, or his accepting of her WILLINGNESS to do it without actually making her do it, or simply withdrawing the demand.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Create a 6, then award it here

This is similar to the May Fifth tornado in Oklaoma! So much more powerful than any other EF5 tornado, that it calls for the EF6 to be created. H. Bolt is so much faster than any other sprinter, he deserves a Platinum Medal. Genius - sick but brilliant!

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
One Issue

Andrea was clearly mentally disturbed, and not just a little bit. Have you ever spent time with a person with a mental disorder? Most of us have at one time or another. The thing about mental illness is that people can hide it if they do not say much and keep to themselves. If they enter into a close relationship such as marriage, their mental illness will become very, very clear in a short time. So, even if Chris did not know that his wife was fucking his brother in law, he would have known there was something off about Andrea and Amy for that matter. Something far off. This is a flaw in the plot that could have been explained by Chris's denial of his wife's personality until he had to come to terms with it in the end. She was a sick fuck, he was better off without her. Take William and go.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WOW Great Two Part Story

This was twisted and quite captivating. I don't believe she was crazy at the beginning but after living with the guilt of her deception then the possibility of losing her son she broke and John became the reason for her misery. He had to go to keep the family together so in the end that's what happened. Either way it was too much for her and she snapped. Karma is a cold hearted bitch! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
your intention, perhaps

After reading your cautionary preface, I read this sequel.

I am now caught in the emotional middle. To the left, my mind is furious about this ending and the questions evoked.

To the right, my intellect is ever thankful for the though provoking challenge your skilled writing has provided

PencarrowPencarrowalmost 7 years ago
O Divinitus interveniente, O Karma

I love happy endings and this was one of them. The only ones who didn’t deserve their fate were Chris and William, but otherwise all is well.

Twin sisters, so alike that only one small scar separates them. Perhaps they shared the same brain in the womb and that’s why they sounded identical, looked identical and thought as one. When they were born they each got half of the original brain, and that would explain why they were such stupid and selfish bitches. What a gift for a story – it’s almost like having an invisible person except each of them is hiding in plain sight.

Yes, a good device to use for a pure fantasy, and like pure fantasy I can park my moral outrage and laugh when a psycho woman gets her life sentence handed down by her own hand, and the sick “John” gets his just deserts.

Very well done - made me feel really good for some reason.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Leave John

I have to more or less repeat my earlier comment, that maybe he could have accepted her simply leaving John.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7almost 7 years ago
Wow, that was creepy and good

Wow, well done. Very creepy and very good. Five out of five.

When I read In Memoriam I also thought that was great - another five out of five - but was frustrated by not knowing what happened.

And in this one you don't give a really complete resolution either.

Does she plead self defence? Insanity? Both? Does she get off or out in a few years? Does Chris take her back?

Does Andrea remain the dominant personality or does Amy? Or do they continue to share?

All are possibilities.

Steve

TatankaBillTatankaBillover 6 years ago
Surreal

Your plots are convoluted and haunting, taunting reason and reality in a subtle and quite believable way, unbelievable as it all is. It's a mistake to declare that one story or one author is the best you've ever read, either in a particular genre or among all the tales you ever read. A reader will live to eat those words. But if I were going to commit that ill advised mistake I'd be tempted right now to say you were It. The plot was already a winner and your somber style of telling the story suit it perfectly. I enjoyed the first installment and its ambiguous ending. I like the sequel every bit as much.

You are a fine writer. It isn't just the unique way your characters think, not deranged but certainly not shallow or dodgy of reality. Good writing should be good storytelling and this is all of that.

Masterfully done.

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
A Rare Treat

While I had no compassion for John, I felt the author revealed a deep seated mental problem between the twins that lead to this truly depressing story. Their problem dated back to high school or earlier. Unfortunately it was not identified by either parents or school officials. Posibly with early intervention this destructive bonding fetish could have been managed.

Left unchecked it could only lead to a disastrous outcome in their adult life.

Unfortunately, Chris and Will are the innocent victims of their abnormal behavior.

Given their history, it is unlikely that either twin would ever be honest with Chris. And Andrea's continued adultery with Amy's blessing made the situation truly beyond remediation.

Unfortunately, Chris and Will will forever bear the emotional scars of this betrayal.

As to my thoughts, if I were Chris I would seek out expert legal opinion on the whole situation. Reveal every fact and obtain solid legal advise about ways forward. Perhaps revealing it all would result in Andrea/Amy getting needed psychological help and put John behind bars where he belongs. In the long run, Will might benefit from knowing the truth and not having to hide or be ashamed of a situation over which he had no control.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Finally I have found some stories that aren’t like all the other LW stories. Too bad it is 5 years after the author stopped submitting.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 6 years ago
Fantastically twisted story...

Loved it. As usual, your writing is impeccable.

Now Chris just has to hope she's never released from the psych ward. If she's ever allowed to reenter society, he and William will have to deal with her again. What a story! Thanks to Sir Thopas for a great tale. 5 stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
No

I do not like the ending. It was expected Andrea could go insane.. which she did with this ending. If Andrea could have maintained any degree of sanity, her only choice (since Chris would not take her back) would to have left John and moved away. It would not work with her continuing the deception by staying with John. This may have established a path, Chris seeing what she did, which could have a reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Wow....just wow. I couldn't stop reading until the last word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not julity, by reason of insanity

A very well written tale of folie a deux, with roots in adolescent behavior.

Edgar Allen Poe lives.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 5 years ago
great story

Brilliant. Among the very best Ive seen on Literotica

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Wow. Letting her husband think she was dead, then watching him drowning in grief... all just to protect the secret that she was a lying cheating slut. Then the poor guy finally moved on and found a beautiful woman who loved him, so the cunt wife drove her away so he'd be alone?

The cheating was bad, making him grieve for her was terrible, but destroying his future happiness AND keeping his son from him? I think Andrea takes the prize as the most evil woman I've read about on literotica, and considering the line-up of degenerate monsters on "loving wives" that's saying an awful lot.

Still there was a happy ending.... for Chris.

Amy died which she deserved for condoning this clusterfuck. John the backstabbing asshole died, hopefully in a really brutal way. Finally, the deranged psycho bitch gets to live out her life in a nuthouse. Alls well that ends well.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Messed up

That was some messed up stuff there. It was a bad as the one where the boy is the killer.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Unfuckingbelievable. This is too twisted ...

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Solid followup, except for the part where Chris seems to have forgotten what he asked Andrea to do in order to repent. He seemed pretty emphatic when he said it, can't have been that flip.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I just discovered this writing after reading stories on this site for the last six year. I think he is one of the greats. Credible plots. Deep characters and interactions. Just well done in every way. Wish he was still writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In Memoriam didn't need a sequel - it was an easy 5++/5 - but if you were going to write one, this was it. It may have been obvious what was happening, and the ultimate conclusion, but your writing is compelling and I'm glad to have stumbled upon your works.

1Merlin1Merlinover 2 years ago

Simply excellent!

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 2 years ago

Second time reading these, still wondering where the part about the kid being the murderer of Amy and John went to.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 2 years ago

I'm with Powersworder! on the twin which was unscathed when her sister died.

Chris's proper response is: the 3rd time "Amy" dissed Karen, he says "Fuck you guys. I'll be back for William next week. Karen, let's go!"

Either he gets Karen. or Andrea has to 'fess up

then and there as a cheater.

How many times have LW's said "I only fucked him when you were out of town!"?

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

That is some spooky stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for attempting to finish the story.

Didn't do it for me. Almost trite. Still unfinished; what happens when Andrea/Amy gives up Chris as the impetus for murdering John?

The story where the son was the murderer was a tribute piece by another author.

Like many other stories, this story could have gone in lots of directions. For instance, Andrea could have come clean and turned in Chris for kidnapping his son. Sure, there would be some consequences but they could be worked out. Chris goes to jail while John, Andrea and William live happily ever after. I'm not really an author or I'd write up my thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for attempting to finish the story.

Didn't do it for me. Almost trite. Still unfinished; what happens when Andrea/Amy gives up Chris as the impetus for murdering John?

The story where the son was the murderer was a tribute piece by another author.

Like many other stories, this story could have gone in lots of directions. For instance, Andrea could have come clean and turned in Chris for kidnapping his son. Sure, there would be some consequences but they could be worked out. Chris goes to jail while John, Andrea and William live happily ever after. I'm not really an author or I'd write up my thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Anon 04/01/22

What are you on?

Why would Chris go to jail? Kidnapping his son? He is the sole surviving parent. The kids mother is "dead", remember. Allowing the "Aunt" to care for the kid while he grieves doesn't negate his parental rights. He is allowed to take custody of his child whenever he wants. The "Aunt" has no legal rights, and there was no court order giving her any. If anyone would go to prison, it would be Andrea. What she did actually was a crime. Assuming the identity of a dead person is a crime. As is falsifying a death certificate and giving false information to the authorities concerning a death. John would face charges on that too.

As regards Chris being "the impetus" to Andrea commiting murder? It's not a crime to tell someone "fuck off and die" or "go kill yourself" or "kill John". Not nice, but not against the law. Even if it was, who would take the word of an unhinged murderer that faked her own death to cover up her affair and talks to her dead twin?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The only good thing about it is that both the bastard and the bitch are dead. The plot line does suck and not enough details were given. An unfinished story through and through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very nice story to read. Spending some time is really worth it. Though, you'd have stopped in the previous part (memorium) without making it a bit complex in this part.

I found it the best natural way to take revenge on the cheating, lying, whore of a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was a bit of a letdown from the previous story, which became a rollercoaster, earning (in my view) 4 stars. Talking to her dead sister & the sister answering? Calling her "new spouse", for lack of a better term, "it"? Maybe I'm missing something... or expecting more. Don't know, but giving this only 2 stars. I feel, with the author's writing talent that was shown, this could've been a better part of the story. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Shit unsatisfying twist

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What? No pig teeth knocked out!! boo hiss booo hissssssss lol

JayZipJayZipabout 1 year ago

Creepy, but kind of rewarding. John got punished: I hope Andrea/Amy told him why she was doing it, as he lay dying. (I guess that's a weird thing to say 🙂)

And Andrea has punishment too. Whom the gods destroy they first etc. Insanity & prison: enough for any hardline BTB-er.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Chris most certainly did not kidnap his son, but he did "incite violence" with his demand that Andrea kill John. That is not constitutionally protected speech, so he could be held accountable if Andrea dimes him out to the police and they believe her. Nonetheless, the demand was an inspired move on Chris' part. He convinced Andrea to destroy both John and herself. Very well done, indeed.

justbobkcjustbobkc12 months ago

I can see Hitchcock directing this. Speaking of Hitchcock. He did direct "Strangers on a Train" the first book by Patricia Highsmith. The plot does involve a "loving wife" (promiscuous) and her husband who wants her dead and invites a stranger on a train to do it. Highsmith also wrote "Deep Water" a recent movie made with Ana de Armas as yet another promiscuous wife and Ben Affleck as the cuckold husband driven to serial murders of her lovers.

Ocker53Ocker539 months ago

I liked it⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Freaking amazing. Blazing 5 stars. The betrayal in the first story is so massive there is no way it could not end in murder suicide, or both. John should have been a lot more scared. It was genius to just take William. Andrea cannot fight it. If she did and story came out, she goes to jail, so does John, and she still loses William. Demanding she kill John was cold hearted but brilliant also. Wow this is a Thriller or Erotic Horror, not LW. The only hole is in first chapter when she explains why she let the world and her husband and family think 'Andrea' was dead. Once discovered by anyone, the end result could only be horrifying. Explaining her ongoing affair with John with Amy's support would be rough and probavly mean divorce, but at least she would have John free and clear and would have joint custody for William, with the slim hope of reconciliation with her husband. Instead she panics and makes a horrendous decision that puts everything at risk, though takes 2 years to find out. Easily could have been earlier. Seriously 10 year old William finds out. No way he never spills the beans to his father or raises his suspicions. Creative and original story. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Husband with his "Kill John." And then "Either way I am taking William." was brilliant! Absolute check and mate. Thr betrayal was so bad in the first story but she was obsessed with Chris but her lies had become too big to manage. I M sure John, the predator had so etching to do with reinforcing the lie. She was obviously mentally ill and now a schizoid personality.

Still seems odd that she would lie because she couldn't admit the affair and feared to lose Chris, but then she lost him anyways for 2.5 years and now forever. If she had come clean with it being Amy and not sprung the lie with John at the train station, then she would have gotten custody of William regardless if Chris leaves her, and maybe Chris forgives her (thiugh that seemed unlikely). Instead she gambled that being with William while Chris traveled would.be enough, along with playing house with John? Except then she loses Chris 100%, sees him suffer (which she did not think about when colluding with John in the Lie) and will only likely have William part time. William figuring it out put her in and John in jeopardy. It would have eventually led to discovery even if Chris did not see the scar that day. She was clearly living in some weird fantasy world, with little to no logic, partly manipulated by John, partly by her memory of Amy, and largely out of her guilt and the extent of the Lie..once significant time had past, even after the Lie was first uttered, there was no going back. Maybe she was so frightened and in an irrational state with the threat of her cheating and the death off Amy that she got talked into it by John.

She was mentally warped and clearly manipulated by John and her sister Amy. But John was evil. Chris got his revenge but lost Andrwa forever a second time. While not clear, it seems reasonable to speculate that when she said she will help Amy at the end after saying Amy would take the fall, then after Chris pounded into her head that Amy is dead, so show woukd the police arrest Amy, then Andrea's broken mind opted for suicide to "help Amy".

Loved the parts where she referred to "It". Pretty clear that she had a disassociate break each time, her body went to have sex with John after William was taken away from her and Chris gave her his ultimatum. Amy had sex with John. Andrea was submerged and non responsive during those incidents. Rest of the time Andrea was in the driver's seat having to look at "It".

John was a total idiot to think this wouldn't end with his death or dismemberment when the truth came out. He should have taken things more seriously.

5 stars. Dark but amazing.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

EH! Split personality? Too weird.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

5*****. An incredibly good read. Others have dissected it to the ‘Nth’ degree so I will just add that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 months ago

The two stories were great, if wholly avoidable with a little common sense. In the first tale, Hubby was gone when Amy fell in the tub. Kid thought it was his mom, but was mistaken. Easy enough to say Amy was at the house babysitting and slipped and fell, and they hadn’t thought to tell the kid. Andrea was out shopping. Simple. Aside from that, why was killing John necessary, when a divorce could’ve been filed immediately.

tjreadertjreader12 days ago

This was an exceptionally good read! FIVE stars on both parts!

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Was afraid for a sec he was going to take her back. Glad it didn't go in that direction. Amazing story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous