All Comments on 'True Lies - Redux Ch. 11'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
when the fuck do you plan to finish this? why can't you write it together?

If you are going to take ages to complete a story, how do you expect people to remember? stop being a lazy asshole and write it first, then post it. The gab between two parts is way to long. Shows how inconsiderate you are about your readers. Life comes in the way and you might be busy and yada yada yada, please don't giver such an answer. Just finish it first and then post it. Do what stangstar06 does. he writes long stories but posts them in one installment. I don't even remember what happened in this story due to the long distance between two chapters.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 8 years ago
like it

i do enjoy reading this series. looking forward to the next chapter. i wander what this story would be like as a movie.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 8 years ago
Too Complex

Your story is obviously well constructed and thought out. My feeling is that it is too much for this genre. My reading skills don't match your writing.

Thanks for sharing.

leviayersleviayersalmost 8 years ago

outstanding. i remember Kelly using that dive chamber method in one clancy novel. i am enjoying your tale thanks 5

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Way too late in the game to convincingly introduce 'real deal' bad guy

The story is kind of fucked as a cohesive whole but that doesn't mean individual scenes can't shine. Secret black, zealot Muslims rising to power player positions in spy industry ? But I liked interrogation interlude and Jim / Rachel reunion. This installment shows the downfall of improvising the plot from week to week. At least this series lasted credibly long enough for latest Bourne sequel to premiere at theater near me.

Maybe Jim can get job as Matt Damon's bodyguard after this series is over. I will provide justbobkc a reference to not write next Bourne thriller , but he can be a consultant to throw in some fresh angles of approach and memorable moments. He can't be trusted with conducting the whole symphony, but deserves a solo spotlight by my standards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sliding downhill

Pretty good up to this chapter. Now it gets even more complicated, which isn't too bad. Problem is linking in current politics, some conspiracy theory, and using easily recognized pseudonyms. Go back to the fantasy/fantastic, and a good old fashioned fuck every couple of pages would be good to include as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
EXCELLENT!

Like a Tom Clancy or Brad Thor novel without having a hundred pages of filler, liberally tossed with a cheating wife and political events that are all TOO real to life.

Like Just today Hillary stated that she'd appoint Obummer to the Supreme Court. That should terrify everyone.

But you'll see who the libcucks are in these comments sections.

Thanks for writing

Sidney43Sidney43almost 8 years ago

A really excellent chapter, all pure fiction of course, we all know that??? The story keeps getting better instead of stale like so many do. A minor quibble, the .308 cartridge in any loading is really not a 1,000 yard choice. Yes, it will get there, but the military has made other choices for long range sniping.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good but not Excellent

Some of the story is good and will keep me reading but there is an overdone racial and Islamic terrorist facet in all of this. Besides, as mentioned by a few others, too much "filler". With all the people involved, there is a bit of a problem in keeping a score card of who's who. When each chapter does not come on an almost daily basis, it is hard to remember the "secondary" but apparently important characters and how do they fit in this saga. Hurry with Ch. 12!

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Kind of wonky, but fun. Thanks for making it easy to skip over the peripheral minutia.

Really, rooms 210 and 216? Thank God you included that, among hundreds of other essential details. Otherwise I'd have no idea what is going on.

I'm pretty sure I understand now. Can't wait for the next 47 chapters.

billyblazebillyblazealmost 8 years ago

At this point it seems pretty clear that the author isn't really writing a story, he's just repeating what the voices in his head are saying ... or maybe what his dog is telling him. Long-winded AND crazy--not a good combination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sick minds

There are some sick minds in the USA and this story is a disturbing glimpse into one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
it is what it is

Why is it when you bring anything political into anything you get jumped? It's just a damn story. FICTION PEOPLE. If you get butt hurt over a damn story you have no real life. I have enjoyed it so far. A little slow but to each their own. Freedom of speech people. I have found that most who cry freedom of speech do so unless it go against what they want. GET A LIFE. I speak russian does that make me not an American even if I was born in Tx.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
In a story about politicos,

I would think you have to talk politics. I love it when the annonys get too much CO2 built up from not ever getting out of Mom's basement and start shouting in all caps. I also love how, even on this site, the label of racist is supposed to strike fear and trepidation into the hearts of writers and commenters who disagree with whatever. I think that this is turning into a fine story and that the writing and story telling is getting better with each installment. Please keep up the good work and take all of the screaming as an homage to your writing skills. Or the rantings of trolls.

I find it hard to believe, however, that he is even considering reconciling with Rachel. What she set out to do and what she did was far beyond the pale, so to speak. She has been written as a totally despicable character and I don't see that changing. So, buck up little Jim and don't pull your nuts back up into your belly.

5 stars on this one. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thanks for the story

very entertaining, though some of the religious background gets a little hmm I don't know? as for the every couple of days spacing between episodes is ok, but if you would be so kind, if something does come up to at least drop a posting to your biography to let us know and keep us aware Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Attn: Anony-mouse that roared "Another home grown Demi God"

The president was allegedly born in Kenya, not Kenga; he is a two TERM president (not turn); I don't learn new languages that quick, and I believe I speak for a good many of us that you showed us in no uncertain terms that it is you (not us) who should get the apology for "you not that smart." Lastly, please remember that this is FANTASY! It's just the musings of a creative mind laid out for our entertainment...period. BTW, author, kudos on a highly entertaining tale--5 stars again! Can't wait for the next chapter, if we can get Anony's panties pulled out of a bunch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Now we have the final target and puppet master in our sights

Good story, nice pacing and adventure. Unfortunately a bit too believable given the overreach and corruption of today's federal government and bureaucracy. Only a know nothing who believes that the $ 400 million in euros, dollars ect had nothing to do with the release of the American's held by Iran, would claim this story is too far fetched.

Rather than rush the story, our author lays it out. I await the the climax and how they resolve the issue of the evil Jameson.

Thanks for the effort.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
BLACK OP, SCRIPTS AND PLANS

every sentence changes the outlook. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You found one!!!

Bob you must have really dug deep with your research.. You found a person who knew Barry at Columbia---first one I have heard of that knew him.

hnau0022hnau0022almost 8 years ago
Disappointed

I like the story but could do without the anti democratic and anti Muslim rant. The line workers at DHS (I'm one of them) do our job protecting the country and your butt. Keep a decent story and stay out of political rants.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Paducah

Good story from a person with knowledge of the diverse backgrounds that Paducah has all very feasible detail. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
After 11 chapters I'm tired

Done reading this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ignore the special interests and tell your story. I for one am slightly surprised at...

...some of the exposure to tradecraft and bureaucratic policy-mandering that is rampant in our generation.

These Clydes pull off politics better than the politicians and too often apply their little spin and personal agenda onto the American landscape and the people that populate it. That you tell about it, albeit somewhat more dramatically than it appears day-to-day is remarkable.

The "Line Guys" one other commenter talked about are mostly decent folks, just doin' a job. "Just another jerk taking pride in his work....." The most frequent and broadest crime in that group, is that they rarely, if ever question the legality of the acts they are ordered to commit.

Even so, that is not the group you're writing about. These "behind the fence" groups....like the one at the core of this story, come in all kinds of flavors, but are built in similar fashion, using similar methods and funding.

Too bad they aren't all constitutional patriots, rather too often serving some covert, antagonistic (to Americans) special interest and so operating outside the law.

Makes some of us want to "go all batman on their asses."

Ah, well....governments and agencies out of control will do that to the normal populace.

But watch. Talent with equipment and experience in the civvy rank and file are gettin' tired of the heavy-handed tactics witnessed with incre frequency and expanding violence. The recent spate of cops vs "upstanding citizens" beatings and shootings are not random.....on either side. It's a massive diversion.

Think about it.

What is the solution?

How do we regain our preeminence, our peace and our prosperity?

Well, let's see what YOU say and whether or not you have something TO say that we need to hear.

Good luck, some of us are listening intently.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Too Long Winded........

You got too long winded on "Special Weapons and Tactics" so I never finished that one and now it looks like I'm going to have to bail on this one too.

Brings to mind the old saying "Fool me once" and now I've been Fooled Twice.. my fault, but at least I know I won't be reading anymore from justbobkc.

At least your not as bad as XLEGLOVER................ YET.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Someone finally gets what is coming to them.

Although the punishment better fits Jameson & company...for any bloodthirsty types!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Long winded, one minute you're saying one or 2 more chapters, but then there is more and more there is no end in sight.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 8 years ago
Great Story

Keep 'em coming Bob.

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks again to all my "beta" readers and commenters

One major correction and an apology.

Yes, I have abused many of you by publishing my works serially without finishing the whole story first. The most important reason I do this is to get feedback and even ideas - both "better writing" ideas but also "fix plotholes/clarity issues" as they occur.

And I do apologize for the delays in getting some of the chapters up. This iteration of the tale WILL end pretty soon - but it just might have a bit of a "continuation" ending setting up another novel length sequel.

Thanks again to everyone who has stuck with the story and even offered encouragement and praise.

The major correction is of a substantial error in my discussion of .380 bullet loads and amount of gunpowder. This was brought to my attention in a private feedback. The stated "grains" on ammo boxes is merely the weight of the bullet itself - not the amount of propellant. I probably knew this at one time but forgot and started "assuming." I've shot quite a bit in my own real life but never was a gun enthusiast to the point of doing my own gunsmithing or reloading my own brass.

The amount of powder in .380 shells is a mere 4 grains or less. The bullet is much heavier. I finally found a good chart for reference at handguns.com and almost all .380 bullets are sub-sonic (less than 1100 fps) and heavier bullets at 100 grains would be a tad slower than lighter ones.

And finally just a gentle reminder to everyone this IS all fiction - all the major characters and major plotting and if I mention actual real characters throughout history or even present day - do your OWN due diligent research and decide for yourselves what's "real" and what isn't. All those who do I applaud you and whatever you find out for yourselves.

I'm working on the next chapter and there is still a bit to cover. That terrorist attack in Chicago and Rachel finding temporary sanctuary in Paducah - and of course how to take down Jeb...Stay Tuned! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Racism and political hatred doesn't belong on this website.

Leftist claptrap Barry wrote and actually got published in the student newspaper once. They were both fellow travelers in the ultimate goal of diminishing or even totally overthrowing the traditional United States of America,

THE ONLY THING YOU DIDN'T DEMAND WAS TO SEE "BARRY'S" BIRTH CERTIFICATE. NOT A COINCIDENCE YOU SAID TO call a spade a spade.

1. YOU REALLY HAVE DRAGGED A POTENTIALLY GOOD STORY FAR,, FAR TOO LONG.

2. YOUR OBVIOUS FAR RIGHT WING BELIEFS SHOULD BE EXTRANEOUS AND WITHHELD FOR A DAVID DUKE RALLY. IT MIGHT BE FORGIVABLE IF CENTRAL TO THE STORY; THEY ARE NOT.

I HOPE YOU CAN COMPLETE YOUR STORY (SOON PLEASE) WHILE REFRAINING FROM THESE EXTRANEOUS INSULTS.

i WOULD POST MY NAME BUT I AM NOT A USER.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 8 years ago
So there ARE some real Left Wing nut jobs left....

Refugee Resettlements, DHS world order and scared politicos afraid of the Constitution plus conspiracy against Christians... no film at 2300 so it can't be real.

But it is "fiction", a great story and writing, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing on SOL.

x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
This chapter so true it's scary

Accurate description of "Barry and Jeb",

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

"EXCELLENT!

Like a Tom Clancy or Brad Thor novel without having a hundred pages of filler."

Where did you miss the filler? this is full of unnecessary filler.

CharlesvCharlesvover 7 years ago
Truly a great spy adventure.

Great story. It has kept me intrigued from the very first chapter. I can't wait to read how you bring it all to an end.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Digging it.

Really enjoying this series.

As an aside , if for future reference , you need to learn reloading data , simply google one of the major gunpowder manufacturers ( Hodgdon , Alliant ) , as they have very extensive ballistic tables available .

Also , go to Lucky Gunner labs for a very thorough section , complete with high speed video , of some of the better factory loaded self defense ammunition in the four most popular pistol (not revolver) loads.

Keep up the good work. really enjoying this series.

gnfitchgnfitchalmost 7 years ago
You promised more!

It has almost been a year since the last installment!

You have a good thing going here.You have an audience who wants more. If this is the last segment you owe it to your followers to let us know.

Thank you for the novel so far. Please wrap it up for us, because it has too much going on to decipher where you are going. Making up an ending at this juncture is not a viable for your audience.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 4 years ago

Boy, the ridiculous right-wing political drivel is fierce in this thing. It continually amazes me how many writers and commenters on a hobby porn site are conservative. Family values, eh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
JUSTBOBKC, WHERE DO YOU....

Get your kkk robes made? I bet you've got the secret handshake down pat and know the password for this weeks meeting of your local chapter..

While the story has been devolving for the last couple of chapters, I was going to make it through until your bigotry made itself known in this, the last one I will read.

I can tell you're headed for some bullshit raac anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You have to love the media bimbofied

driveling about rightwing drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Got it Right

I know you will take a lot of heat from left wing wimps who can’t see the truth but in my opinion you got it right. Barry is the absolute worst president America has ever had to live through. He nearly destroyed the country and we are still dealing with his after affects

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More racist trash from JustBobTelAviv

You really are a piece of shit. Time to flush.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

One more chapter

5/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous