All Comments on 'True Story Ch. 01'

by island_man

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Morlan502Morlan502over 9 years ago
I understand

Married to Mrs. M 35 years now, feel the same, can't get enough of her! Thanks for the read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This is a story of my wife and I?

Well, it isn't a tale of English grammar. Try looking up something like "the object of a preoposition" (basic fourth grade stuff), and then try "my wife and me." Would you really write "this is a story of I"?

Humpdee84Humpdee84over 9 years ago
Good Story

A) If this is true, I envy you both. My wife and I were just like that until just a few years ago when she became no longer as interested. C'est la vie, eh?

B) I have yet to understand anything sexy about spitting on your partner. This is NOT a criticism of the story, not at all, some folks love it, but spitting, shoes on, a number of things just confuse me as to, WHY?

C) We're not all English Professors here and frankly, WHO GIVES A RATS ASS if you occasionally use poor grammar? I personally do NOT. You wrote a good story and certainly conveyed your message, 'Nuff said!

D) Keep it up. REAL is always terrific.

William smythWilliam smythover 9 years ago
To anonymous....

Try enjoying the story for it's eroticism.

Overlooking the minor grammatical mistakes will help you enjoy this glorious account of marital sex.

This is Lit--EROTICA

hornyman169hornyman169over 9 years ago
A great story

A great story about a mature couple. Some people always complain about grammar. It doesn't bother me unless it interferes with reading the story. The only thing I would change would be to change the word coitus, it reminded me of The Big Bang Theory and almost ruined the moment.

island_manisland_manover 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks for your comments... some replies...

1. Coitus.... true.... sounds like BBT... totally unintentional

2. Spat on me... obviously on my dick.

3. This is totally a true story. If anything, we are even more naughty than when we were young. We are planning on a nude beach holiday, and fantasise about having sex with others as a group.

4. As for the grammar, I guess the ME and I debate will go on. I prefer ME, however, recent changes have seen to the fact that it is indeed preferable to use I instead. I hate that....

5. Thank you for reading. I appreciate your comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Grammar from the start

It's a story about my wife and ME!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Me vs I debate

English always (at least since it was what is now called Old English) had those expressions that some grammar-nazis claim have "me" and "I" mixed up. However, those were the original ones. The other, "correct" ones, were introduced by people who wanted English to work like Latin did. But while there are similarities between the two due to common ancestry and contact, that doesn't mean that, just because "I" would be a subject in Latin and "me" an object, they would be exactly the same in English. Sure, they're close enough that it makes sense to call them with the same terms most of the time, but at the end of the day English isn't Latin and "me" can sometimes be what grammarians would call a subject and "I" sometimes an object. Truthfully, English probably works/worked with slightly different categories.

But those grammarians had an effect on English (what with teaching it in schools and Latin being seen as a superior language etc.), so both forms exist nowadays. And because general usage defines language, they're now both correct, though some schools/teachers probably still teach only the "new" one as being acceptable.

So next time someone complains about "Me and my friends did xy" (or some similar thing you hear a lot, but which people claim has "me" and "I" mixed up), know that most likely, you're both right, your version has been so for a bit longer and they have slightly more official backing.

Most of the time, the "old" version will sound more natural, while the "new" version will appear more correct in formal writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow! Complaining because of one word?

I cannot believe somebody complaining about the story just because of one word...

I actually think that 'I' is the correct word to use here... but there is no need to slag a story for that, although I would change it to something less debatable...

Having said that, it is a great telling, and I do believe it is true...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
ME SO HORNY.

Great story Island Man, and compliments to you and your bride. You and your bride, have certainly found the true meaning of a happy and healthy sex life.Loved every word.

cockcriticcockcriticalmost 7 years ago
LOVE

"The wife had done an operation and it would be some time before penetration was allowed"

Try:- The wife had an operation done it would be sometime before penetration would be allowed.

Just rearrangement of your words made the statement make more sense.

Enjoyed lovely love story, gave 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userisland_man@island_man
I have been reading and writing on this site since 2005! Wow! I have recently found a stash of text files which comprise roughly 300 pages of stories... hopefully I will have time and strength to finish them! Lately, due to health problems, I had to take a step back from jot...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES